Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Thanks for the info on Soma bras ladies.

I started the day with a headache also, but I think it's from not not staying hydrated enough in this weather. I'm doing a bit better today with fluids.

I let myself not count calories - or do rotations the last two days, but I have everything written down today AND for tomorrow's DD. When my DH gets here for the rest of this vacation - I want to be able to ease up a bit and I think I'll be ok for the rest of the month.

For March I am thinking about setting a new weight goal - perhaps 5 more pounds down - and keep up with the exercise I have managed this month. I'm not sure where I'll end up - but I keep checking how I look and feel... it will come to me.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Carol & Phyl, thanks for checking in. Today was a great day. Hung out in the city and just had a carefree day. It was much needed. I also missed the gym. Due to the snow my workout was relegated to shoveling. I always forget what a stress reliever going to the gym can be so I was grateful for this day off. I

Have a good night all.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Mike - I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Peace be with you.

I am NOT EOD'ing right now. I am currently in post-race mode where I spend my entire time freezing and eating everything that isn't nailed down. Ug, though, I'm not used to this much food, I should pace myself because I got heartburn last night and I NEVER get heartburn!

But I'm pleased with how it went, and I'm only going to lose 1 toe nail so I'm calling it a win! Now if I can just get the appetite back under control, but I know it will be another day before I am warm and able to stop the monster again. I've been doing this post race since 2007...there's no fighting it. At least I'm trying to make sensible choices!

Next runs: March 16 and March 23. Both 1/2's. I need an intervention I think.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Mike - I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Peace be with you.

I am NOT EOD'ing right now. I am currently in post-race mode where I spend my entire time freezing and eating everything that isn't nailed down. Ug, though, I'm not used to this much food, I should pace myself because I got heartburn last night and I NEVER get heartburn!

But I'm pleased with how it went, and I'm only going to lose 1 toe nail so I'm calling it a win! Now if I can just get the appetite back under control, but I know it will be another day before I am warm and able to stop the monster again. I've been doing this post race since 2007...there's no fighting it. At least I'm trying to make sensible choices!

Good luck on your races!! Gosh all this talk of running - i may get the bug to run too! I miss it. Oddly enough....
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:28 AM   #455
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wow Jen! Can I just tell you how impressed I am with all your running and races? WOW!

Lisa, I'm so glad you had a great day! You needed it, and deserved it.

Goner, I hope you can relax when DH is here with you. You look so fantastic! Hope your headache is gone today.

Mary Ellen, I hope you're feeling better today!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:09 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Congrats on your 1/2... I did my first when I was 58! But I walked it. <grin>

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

Goner, I hope you can relax when DH is here with you. You look so fantastic! Hope your headache is gone today.
Thanks Carol - Headache is gone - drank lots of fluids yesterday. Thanks for the compliment also.

Today I tried to take a selfie... LOL I need help! But thought it would be nice to "show" myself. <grin> Sure wish we had taken a photo last week.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i really wish I wasn't the type to 'want a certain food just because it's there'.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
speed reading to catch up-- sorry if I missed some stuff...

to Mike. Condolences on the passing of your beloved grandmother--I'm glad you were able to be there with/for her.
I agree the cousin was acting like a DB, but that's what happens when families come together sometimes. No need to focus on that.

Cindy-- have fun on the cruise!

Dawn-- chones? undies? why is your world (and the food and words in it) a continuing mystery to me?
I could *swear* I spoke several dialects of American

Yay for Goner and Carol! Love the crafty project!

me-- I'm NOT losing weight, even with really good DDs.
it's frustrating.
I would say I don't know what to do, but I know what I would say to someone else-- keep really tight journal entries for a good week.
things like salt can cause water bloat
things like OLIVES can maybe add up in hidden calories?
sigh.
so I'll do that.

No news on the rower, still. I emailed this morning. No news yet today.

That's it for now. to all!
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
I just caught up here too. I wanted to add my condolences on your grandmother passing as well Mike. So nice that your family was able to be there with here.

Soren- when does the rower arrive? I am really interested to hear how you like using it!
I bet Cindy is enjoying her cruise now and enjoying herself.
I should that all of you for talking about bra shopping so much. I finally went in and got fitted and I have been wearing the wrong size for YEARS! I am much more comfortable now

I hope the new dog works out Mary Ellen. Big adjustment I am sure.

Had a busy weekend as the weather finally improved here. I enjoyed a nice run outside rat here then on the treadmill watching Walking Dead Episodes, much more upbeat to enjoy nature.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #460
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post

Dawn-- chones? undies? why is your world (and the food and words in it) a continuing mystery to me?

S.
That's easy, Soren, you don't speak the specific American dialect called Spanglish. We are in an area with a majority of Mexican immigrants/1st or 2nd generation Mexican Americans. Our dialect is heavily influenced by Spanish. From "A Way With Words":

chones

Posted by Grant Barrett on January 11, 2005 · Add Comment

chones n.pl. underwear, especially undershorts or panties. Also chonies, choners. Editorial Note: Despite its proximity to a mention of lingerie, chonies in the 1928 citation is probably a typographical error for chorines. Etymological Note: (Mexican) Spanish slang chones, perhaps from the Mexican Spanish calzones ‘underwear’ or less probably from the English long johns. The Oxford English Dictionary includes a 1717 first citation for poncho from Frezier’s Voyage to the South Sea in which Chony appears; however, it may be unrelated: “The Spaniards have taken up the Use of the Chony, or Poncho…to ride in, because the Poncho keeps out the Rain.” (source: Double-Tongued Dictionary)

I had no idea "calzones" is Mexican Spanish for underwear. I may not enjoy eating those so much now!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #461
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I just figured you made up a word for "thongs" so you could be discreet.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:31 PM   #462

Chones is more generic and encompasses all levels of coverage. I got some thongs and some bikinis.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I had to Google it - I'm so relieved that it wasn't just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Our dialect is heavily influenced by Spanish. From "A Way With Words":...
I had no idea "calzones" is Mexican Spanish for underwear. I may not enjoy eating those so much now!
It's so odd the way that there are pockets of countries where you may as well be listening to someone from the 18th century or before because of the accent, dialect words etc. with the odd modern accretion. And yet, get into a city with lots of influences from other languages and you have an intriguing hybrid evolving in what feels like no time.

I used to work at a pizzeria while I was at school. I thought calzone was from the Italian for "stocking" or "trouser") but bore a strong resemblance to the UK pasty except for being a hand-sized, half-moon turnover made of salted bread dough rather than pastry for the casing and with more Mediterranean fillings than the meat and vegetables of the pasty. I doubt we'd have sold as many as we did if the underwear meaning of Mexican Spanish had been popular

That said, I'm still a little thrown by the US usage of panty hose (for what we call 'tights') and pant suits. It's not that we don't use 'pants' in those contexts but far more often it's as 'panties' for underwear (women) and underpants (men).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I just figured you made up a word for "thongs" so you could be discreet.
Quote:
Chones is more generic and encompasses all levels of coverage. I got some thongs and some bikinis.
Levels of linguistic delicacy and urban language evolution together - fabulous.

I picked up my knowledge of some urban US dialects from The Wire, The Shield and Southlands - so, yes, a tad restricted to conventions around drug dealing rather than lingerie purchases.

NB: I caught some episodes of The Closer - no linguistic innovations or oddities stick in my mind but I was entranced by Kyra Sedgwick's accent and her charm.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I picked up my knowledge of some urban US dialects from The Wire, The Shield and Southlands - so, yes, a tad restricted to conventions around drug dealing rather than lingerie purchases.

NB: I caught some episodes of The Closer - no linguistic innovations or oddities stick in my mind but I was entranced by Kyra Sedgwick's accent and her charm.
I suspect you & my hubby could have quite the conversations then with that as your educational source of language. He will sometimes come home and tell me stories about what went on at work and he'll be through and I'm thinking to myself, Was that English? Because I have no idea what he just said to me. I'm sure it was English - its the only language he speaks. But I will be danged if I understood what he just said. The most charming thing he does is refer to all women as "females". In non-work related contexts, its hilarious. "I was stuck behind this female in line at the grocery store..."

In unrelated news, I got a phone call that the gym I joined is finally opening on Monday. They're doing a soft opening for pre-sale members a 10am on Monday morning. Fabulous. I work on Monday. And on Tuesday, we're getting on a plane to go to California for 4 days. We get home Saturday. No big deal...except Sunday we're getting on a plane to go to Maui for 8 days. So the first 2 weeks my new gym is open (which, BTW, I now get to start paying for) and we're gone. Oh well, in theory that will be extra motivation or me to work out when we're back since I'll be needing to earn back 2 weeks of my "money's worth"!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Yennie, Congratulation on completing the 1/2! did you meet your timing goal? Best of luck with the next 2 Real jet setter! You deserve it after all the effort you are putting into these races! Is the little one running in the CA one?

Little frustrated with myself today as DD turned into an UD yet again! And no exercise either! I guess, I'll just try to maintain this month.
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #466
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Yennie, Congratulation on completing the 1/2! did you meet your timing goal? Best of luck with the next 2 Real jet setter! You deserve it after all the effort you are putting into these races! Is the little one running in the CA one?
Thank you! No, I did not meet my time goal but I'm pleased with my results regardless. I have some NCVs (non-clock victories <-- see what I did there? ) I'm happy to have taken away from the run so I consider it a win. Heck, any time I cross the finish line still upright is a win!

Yes, the monkey is running Cali. He's been signed up for the 200m dash. But that isn't until September. This trip is a non-running vacation. Well, other than training runs. Although - confession time - I did look for (but couldn't find) a race in Hawaii. If I'd found one, I would have signed up.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:47 AM   #467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Morning All!

So excited today because I get to see Justin Timberlake tonight at Madison Square Garden. Starting the celebration for the big 3-) a little early.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:02 AM   #468
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

That said, I'm still a little thrown by the US usage of panty hose (for what we call 'tights') and pant suits. It's not that we don't use 'pants' in those contexts but far more often it's as 'panties' for underwear (women) and underpants (men).
I think the reason we call them panty hose is because they have a built-in panty. We also have what we call "tights" but they are usually more opaque, and not sheer like most "panty hose". There's also stockings, which are held up by a garter belt, and "thigh highs" which have an elastic top to fit around the upper thigh.

Quote:
Levels of linguistic delicacy and urban language evolution together - fabulous.

I might sound a little bit like Kyra. I am southern and I know that I have a southern accent, although hers sounds pretty pronounced--to me.

Quote:
In unrelated news, I got a phone call that the gym I joined is finally opening on Monday. They're doing a soft opening for pre-sale members a 10am on Monday morning. Fabulous. I work on Monday. And on Tuesday, we're getting on a plane to go to California for 4 days. We get home Saturday. No big deal...except Sunday we're getting on a plane to go to Maui for 8 days. So the first 2 weeks my new gym is open (which, BTW, I now get to start paying for) and we're gone. Oh well, in theory that will be extra motivation or me to work out when we're back since I'll be needing to earn back 2 weeks of my "money's worth"!
Wow!! That sounds wonderful! I hope you have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Morning All!

So excited today because I get to see Justin Timberlake tonight at Madison Square Garden. Starting the celebration for the big 3-) a little early.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-19-2014 at 06:05 AM..
Old 02-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #469
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Have fun Lisa!!!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post

Little frustrated with myself today as DD turned into an UD yet again! And no exercise either! I guess, I'll just try to maintain this month.
I feel for you JD, as I mentioned in the weigh-in thread - I've not been successful this month with good DDs. And when my DH gets back here to AZ on Saturday - I don't imagine I'll manage a low DD either. Maintenance is a good thing... and you and I are "almost" at the same weight - I always look to see where you are and then try to catch up! LOL

Quote:

we're getting on a plane to go to California for 4 days. We get home Saturday. No big deal...except Sunday we're getting on a plane to go to Maui for 8 days.
Enjoy! Sounds like two excellent places to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Morning All!

Have fun!

For me today - my knee hurts. I have no idea why - I didn't do anything I can think of... I only have three more days before DH gets back here for the rest of the vacation, and darn if I'm going to miss out on the places I still want to visit alone. Popped some Advil and will see what the day brings - but I'm dressed and out the door hobbling... ouch!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lisa - have fun w/ JT!!

I feel i'm a little derailed this week - too much chocolate Guess it's one of those things I can't have in moderation...unless under strict supervision.

I don't like the word "panties". Eesh!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
JD... I understand too and certainly agree with Goner about maintenance being a good thing. This WOE helps with that, too, when our bodies feel like having a bit more than WLM calls for. I'm thinking all of us have or will go through those times. As has been said here many times...
"Be gentle with yourself".......K?

Yennie.....I wanna gooooo!!!

Lisa.....sounds like a good time!!!

Katie.....I know what you mean, but I can't imagine saying "Time to get on your big girl CHONES!" or, "Time to get on your big girl THONGS"

Happy day everyone!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #473
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Lisa - have fun w/ JT!!

I feel i'm a little derailed this week - too much chocolate Guess it's one of those things I can't have in moderation...unless under strict supervision.

I don't like the word "panties". Eesh!
For some reason the word "underpants" seems even more yucky to me.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
For some reason the word "underpants" seems even more yucky to me.
To me, "underpants" is something kids wear. I've never heard an adult refer to their underpants.

I was under the impression that in the UK, "pants" referred to underwear in general and what we in the US call pants, they call trousers. Maybe that's changing?
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When i hear the word "underpants", I think of the Underpants Gnomes from South Park. Or Bobby's World - Animals Don't Wear Underpants.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #476

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Flyby from beautiful Norway. Sunshine and sensible eating though not rotating.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 AM   #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
JD... I understand too and certainly agree with Goner about maintenance being a good thing. This WOE helps with that, too, when our bodies feel like having a bit more than WLM calls for. I'm thinking all of us have or will go through those times. As has been said here many times...
"Be gentle with yourself".......K?

Yennie.....I wanna gooooo!!!

Lisa.....sounds like a good time!!!

Katie.....I know what you mean, but I can't imagine saying "Time to get on your big girl CHONES!" or, "Time to get on your big girl THONGS"

Happy day everyone!!!

Phyl
When I have to pull into traffic quickly, I tell Keira, "Hold on to your chonies!" Sometimes she actually grabs her underwear.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
To me, "underpants" is something kids wear. I've never heard an adult refer to their underpants.

I was under the impression that in the UK, "pants" referred to underwear in general and what we in the US call pants, they call trousers. Maybe that's changing?
I thought underpants in the UK were knickers, which is what we call pants that go to the knee.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
I thought underpants in the UK were knickers, which is what we call pants that go to the knee.
According to the Cambridge Online Dictionary, in the UK "pants" = underwear. It is also a slang term for dreadful ("This music is pants.").
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I didn't know about the pants/trousers thing in the UK... this could explain some weird looks when I was there last year

I was once told, in a Victoria's Secret, upon asking for "underwear" that women wear "panties" and kids and men wear "underwear" omg. #whateva !

to Cindy, flying around

Someone is getting a new dog-- I need to know more about this!

The rower should come on Saturday. I'm very excited!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote