Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I'm a fan of that lovely blue dress too! and although it's not a full length picture, the length seems right to me ... maybe it's the cute flare of the skirt. And it has sleeves, just like you wanted! You look great in it.

Last edited by calichris; 02-10-2014 at 07:47 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 07:56 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You guys are so sweet. Thanks for the support and being my "eye" with this shopping stuff. I have NOT bought it. I sent that picture to my DH when I tried it on, then DD & I continued shopping for HER dress (daddy/daughter dance coming up). Never heard from DH until much later when we were about to leave, and didn't feel like doubling back to nordy's. I did find it online, too and COULD order it still, I suppose...

Really just don't like me in dresses! I have a couple weddings this year, though, and one is just a month away. Ack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
I would like you to try something...I want you to quit using the word "hate" when you speak about your body parts. Each little body part makes up the whole you and you are beautiful! And it takes just as much energy to say the word "love" as it does to say hate. Maybe if you don't feel you love your arms or legs or whichever body part, start out slow. Say, "You know what, I LIKE my legs, (ARM/WAIST) they are strong and get me to wear I'm going and I'm gonna keep exercising and eating right and soon I will love them!" I know it may sound silly but just do it, change that one word hate to love and you will soon see a difference. And even if you don't believe it now, fake it til you make it!
Thanks sweetness! believe it or not, this is me already trying some of that above. BAHAHA! I definitely have the faking it part down. I'm just very honest with my buddd's about how the real me feels/thinks/sees, etc. Btw, you look FABULOUS in your profile pic! Love love love!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbella View Post
I can totally relate to OP's first post.I sometimes try dress/outfits and look alright in the mirror,then when I look at pics,I wonder why I look like squeezed sausage.

It has to do with a number of things,like pointed out,the angle of photography.
It also has to do with fabric(knit and figure hugging materials vs cotton,linen etc)
A huge part is played by the cut of the dress,the wrong cut can make you 10-20 lbs heavier.
Then there the vertical stripes vs horizontal.In the first pic,I think this was part the problem and in the blue dress,you look much smaller (and pretty,of course).

We should try to wear clothes that fit and flatter OUR shape.for example,a big bust,looks even bigger in a crossover dress.A bigger tummy looks enhanced in an empire top.Shoulder heavy people are better looking when they wear longer sleeves.If your waist is not very defined,do not wear thick belts which aggravates the problem.
A V neck is flattering for most women.Wearing a black outfit on your problem area helps like if you are bottom heavy,wear black bottoms.Those with bigger thighs look good in flared tiered skirts.but if you have bigger butt,then stay away from those tiered skirts.
I have felt block prints with vertical black patterns on the seams are great for minimizing the figure.Wearing a colorful inside and an darker shade outside also helps look thinner.
Lower cuts are great if you have a lot of flab at the neck.

there is this book called How to never look fat again:1000 ways to dress -with pictures that was really helpful.
I think all my areas are problem areas...that's the issue with dresses. I should look for the book, though. Clearly I have little fashion sense or practice as I've always avoided dressing up! Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Now THAT, my friend, is a smokin' hot dress! The blue lacy one. You look FANTASTIC! I hope you bought that one! Nordy's huh? I might have to find one like that!
LCG & Carly, I will try to go to my nordy's cart and see if the dress is still saved there. I hope I can link that here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I'm a fan of that lovely blue dress too! and although it's not a full length picture, the length seems right to me ... maybe it's the cute flare of the skirt. And it has sleeves, just like you wanted! You look great in it.
Yes, I do love that it has sleeves...I'm just not used to the clingier tummy thing. It pushes my comfort level. I might look hideous sitting down in the thing! Of course, DD immediately gushed that I looked "beautiful" in it and should buy it. When I said I hadn't heard back from daddy yet, she said, "momma, YOU KNOW it doesn't matter what daddy thinks. YOU look beautiful in it and you should buy it!" I sure hope she keeps that attitude.

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ok, not sure if I can link directly (does ANYONE KNOW???) but if you search Adrianna Papell on nordy's site, you should find it. There are some lovely lace dresses over there.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Still have to try out the yoga, I will, Scarlett!!!

Updating because I need opinions on this dress. Any better? (although, I realize it's not any better in length...it's still just under knee length. I have really ugly legs, though)

I was just happy to fit in a size 6 at nordy's. Wow!
LOVE it!!!! so flattering
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
The blue dress is charming and suits your figure.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I had to go looking on their site yesterday, and I found it! Along with about 10 other dresses I "have" to have. Of course, I won't buy any of them because I don't have any specific event or place to wear them at the moment, and I've gotten several pretty skirts at Goodwill recently that would do just fine in a pinch. Just me wanting!

I hope you do order that dress Melinda. You really do look gorgeous in it. DD is so right. What a smartie you have there!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
I am never ever going to like me in a dress, I don't think. Ever. I hate my arms. I hate my legs. I hate my waist (which I will always think is huge). Maybe I need to change my opinion on the scale hating thing and just go with, "the scale says I'm smaller, so I must be." LOL! Who'd have thunk it?

This is a size small dress. I still think I look huge in it, at least when looking at this picture. I actually didn't think it was THAT bad when I tried it on.

ACK!

I need exercise, STAT! (and another 10# to lose, too!)
I'm just seeing this now.

1) you look great!

2) the stripes on the dress might be throwing you off. Given your small frame, go for a small print. (big people, big patterns. Small people, small patterns).

3) pick something that highlights your smallest point-- either the waist or the rib area under the bust.

4) OMG a size SMALL!!!!

I love dresses. Not every one is for everyone. If you don't like it, return it, and get something you love!
You should feel as good as you look, and you look good!!!

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Soren, you should see Flutter in the blue dress. Post #45.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: elisheva
Stats: 186/185/130
WOE: 4:3 IF
Start Date: Feb 10, 2014
Quote:

Updating because I need opinions on this dress. Any better? (although, I realize it's not any better in length...it's still just under knee length. I have really ugly legs, though)

Absolutely stunning! I think this cut works great on you!
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
Hi Flutter!

Someone may have said this, but i see you love stripes. I do too, or I used to anyway. Your avatar and your dress are striped.

There is a good old optical illusion about the horizontal stripes making us look wider than we are. I remember being my smallest but NEVER felt it wearing horizontal stripes.

Why don't you try vertical stripes, or a funky geometrical pattern? I bet you will like what you see even more.
cheers
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Btw, you look FABULOUS in your profile pic! Love love love!!!!!

TY! I just can't wait til I lose even more weigh and my body kind of balances out. I'm apple shaped and it just seems like I keep losing more weight everywhere but my tum tum! LOL! It'll happen and then I'll buy a pretty dress and post it too! Maybe for my b-day...that will be 7 months on this WOE. I'm hoping to be in Onederland by then.
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:

Good call Cindy!

Melinda, i love the cut and color of this one. Good scale on the lace pattern, and it fits so well. Get it in another color or black if they have it too... My mom always says, if you like it, get a couple!

Hence, my current dress and general clothing situation

But good ones, i do get a couple!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote