Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Yesterday...my DD turned into a RD!!!

Ever have one of those days when you're out and about and things just seem to be going wrong, you try and stay positive but you know you probably need to get off the streets and back into your home? That was my day yesterday and even after I got back into my apartment I ended up having a damn nervous breakdown on the phone with a T-mobile tech support person!!! This divorce and move to a new city and this whole new chapter (or NEW BOOK as I like to call it) IS exciting but it's also scary and sometimes no matter how hard I try and stay positive, sometimes you have "one of those days". So I ended up having a wine/skype date with my best friend in the whole world (who I'm also in love with but that's a different story) and we skyped for 2 hours and I drank waaaaaay too much wine, got drunk and after we hung up proceeded to eat some reeses peanut butter cups, a whole bag of pita chips and and 8oz tub of hummus!!! THAT WAS RIDICULOUS!!!!! An RD so to speak. So today I slept til noon, woke up hungover and decided I better make this a DD and get right back on track. To assist me, I've made a mug of BPC. It's my first cup ever so we'll see how it goes. Anyway what I love about this WOE is I'm not guilt ridden like I was so many times on Atkins. When I would put a crouton in my mouth I would freak out. I don't feel guilty today, I'm not beating myself up...I just woke up, dusted the pita chips off and just turned it into a DD and I'm moving on. I haven't weighed myself yet, I don't have a scale and haven't made it to PF with rehearsals and such. Thinking I will weigh myself Friday morning and see how much I've lost. It will almost be the end of 2 wks (13 days) on Friday. Sorry about this ramblin' post! But thanks for listening JB's!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 02:15 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh boy. Yes I've had days like that, and sometimes you just have to relax, eat and/or drink, and feel better. I'm glad you're not guilting yourself today about it. It happens. As long as it doesn't happen too often, it shouldn't mess with your losses very much at all. Happy DD today!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh boy. Yes I've had days like that, and sometimes you just have to relax, eat and/or drink, and feel better. I'm glad you're not guilting yourself today about it. It happens. As long as it doesn't happen too often, it shouldn't mess with your losses very much at all. Happy DD today!
Thanks Carol! And yes don't want that happening often cuz I'm serious this time...I want to be thin and healthy! Done with this overweight business! I am confident when I weigh in on Friday there will be a loss. I "feel" thinner. I can see it in my face and so did my friend via Skype last night! He just saw me 3 weeks ago when I was back in LA and last night asked if I've "lost some weight". I've had a double chin for so long now though that I'm afraid I may get a loose turkey neck with the weight loss! I read a post from you on CO that you use it for your neck so I think I'm gonna start doing that too!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Ramble on, Dear! That what the JUDDD BUDDs are here for!! Yep. We all have days like that.

OMGosh! I can so relate to the guilt about putting a crouton in your mouth on Atkins!

I never did Atkins, but ever since I was 15 years old (now 59) I did Stillman's and it always kept me thin until I turned 50.

Somewhere mid 50's I tried it for the ga-zillionth time mid-menopause. I had been perfect for 10 days and one night after making dinner for DH which included roasted brussel sprouts I popped one of those sprouts in my mouth. After all those days of being carb and veggie deprived, it tasted soooooo good.

Immediately I felt guilty. The scale was up the next morning and I blamed it on that one little innocent brussel sprout! I got all depressed about failing, quit the low carb and figured what's the use.

Man, I always look back on that as such a sad moment. If a brussel sprout can make you feel guilty, depressed and like a failure, there is something wrong!

Cannot tell you how much I love JUDDD! So flexible. So forgiving. So easy to get right back on the wagon after a fall. Which, really when you think about it is not a fall or a fail at all. It's just a mental health choice. Sometimes a DD needs to turn into an UD or an UUAAD for sanity sake. KWIM?

There is no guilt with this WOE. No reason to quit. Just rotate, relax, rejoice and reduce, like Kissa says.

Hope BPC does you good today! I'm thinking of having some of my version this afternoon. I just use CO which really energizes me and kills any appetite I may have.

You are doing great! Fingers crossed for an awesome WI on Friday morning.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

There is no guilt with this WOE. No reason to quit. Just rotate, relax, rejoice and reduce, like Kissa says.
Oh I love this!!! "ROTATE, RELAX, REJOICE AND REDUCE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Hope BPC does you good today! I'm thinking of having some of my version this afternoon. I just use CO which really energizes me and kills any appetite I may have.

You are doing great! Fingers crossed for an awesome WI on Friday morning.
The BPC gave me a little energy and helped a little bit with appetite...I am easing my way into it so only used 1 tsp of each CO and Butter instead of 1 TBSP so maybe if I up it to 1tbsp next time it will help with the appetite suppression. And I will report my WI on Friday!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Sorry you're having a rough patch BB. My last encounter with wine was not a pleasant one. Drank entire bottle (sm) and spent the evening and half the next day hurling. Just jump back in and you'll be fine. Keeping you in thoughts and
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Sorry you're having a rough patch BB. My last encounter with wine was not a pleasant one. Drank entire bottle (sm) and spent the evening and half the next day hurling. Just jump back in and you'll be fine. Keeping you in thoughts and
Thank you so much for that! Especially your prayers! Just got news that my survival job has postponed the opening so now our training will not start until end of February. That means I won't have an income for February and that has me so stressed and nervous. I'm trying to keep the faith...but wow, when it rains...it pours.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monkeypenny
Stats: 157/155/130 (age: 38)
WOE: JUDDD (it works if you stick to it. Well, if... )
Start Date: 16/04/2014 - just another restart :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
and decided I better make this a DD and get right back on track.
That's the spirit!
My biggest mistake in the last months: I messed up ONE day and then, the next day(s) I listened to that little voice in my head which told me "Oh, whatever, more fooooood!"
Monkeypenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Those days happen, the important thing is, you dusted off the crumbs and got right back on the program!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
BB feel for you. you sound like a go get it kind of person. Something will break, keep treading
I went through a divorce several years ago...I m still holding a grudge against that guy after all these years. I talk to myself that I need to let go of bad memory's, close that door, cover them with plaster and never open it again. I can finally say after so much pain of remembering, only keeps the pain hurting.
I do wonderful now with it. Since our daughter is 24 years old now. I never have to see him.
My dh hubby now of 12 years has been a true God sent to me. I was divorced for 6 years. And had bad feelings for any male person....I had bad case of Stupidities.
I'm strong now much smarter
Good luck and be strong, things will pass BB.
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I had a day like that yesterday.It does help that JUDDD forgives and the next day really is a new day.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:10 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
BB feel for you. you sound like a go get it kind of person. Something will break, keep treading
I went through a divorce several years ago...I m still holding a grudge against that guy after all these years. I talk to myself that I need to let go of bad memory's, close that door, cover them with plaster and never open it again. I can finally say after so much pain of remembering, only keeps the pain hurting.
I do wonderful now with it. Since our daughter is 24 years old now. I never have to see him.
My dh hubby now of 12 years has been a true God sent to me. I was divorced for 6 years. And had bad feelings for any male person....I had bad case of Stupidities.
I'm strong now much smarter
Good luck and be strong, things will pass BB.
Terri

Terri...
God bless you for that post...I needed it!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hugs BB!

Sympathies for the high-stress day and news. Happy Dance for the guilt-free recovery!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Hugs BB!

Sympathies for the high-stress day and news. Happy Dance for the guilt-free recovery!
Thanks!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:02 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
I hope you're feeling better
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote