Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Activity level on the JUDDD calculator.

I do two workouts everyday but they aren't what I would call intense just weights and cardio for about 90 minutes total. The JUDDD calculator lists hard activity as 6-7 days a week so what should I claim as my activity level? It seems as though the calculator is going by the amount of days and not so much intensity. I just don't want to over estimate or under estimate. thanks
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
The thinking of most of the long-term JBs is not to add any activity into the calculator. However, there are a few who believe you need those extra calories (when you work out regularly). I have no advice except to try adding what you believe is appropriate according to the calculator and go from there. If it results in weight gain or a stall, then you know you need less.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
The thinking of most of the long-term JBs is not to add any activity into the calculator. However, there are a few who believe you need those extra calories (when you work out regularly). I have no advice except to try adding what you believe is appropriate according to the calculator and go from there. If it results in weight gain or a stall, then you know you need less.
Okay I will experiment then, thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I agree with Cindy. I'm working out hard every other day with weight lifting and cardio. But I'm choosing the no activity option when calculating my calories and staying at 20%.

I have found in the past that when I "eat back" my exercise calories burned I just maintain and do not lose weight.

Everyone is different though. So you have to just try it and see what works for you.

You might want to choose the moderate exercise option for a couple of weeks. If you are losing fine, that's great and you can stay there. You want to be able to eat as much as you can and still lose.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Post 20 in this recent thread about DDs and exercise calories might have some relevant observations.

LG and YamYam are spot on. If you select a particular intensity level and eat to it and lose, then that's correct for you. If you plateau for several weeks, then you might need to adjust your intake (after making sure that your metabolism has had time to adapt to the new regime). Similarly, if you gain, you might need to drop down an intensity level in kcal estimate and try again.

I have no idea whether this is true of you but it seems to be true that if people have been overweight/obese for lengthy periods (typically since childhood) or have lost/regained weight a number of times - then according to Dr Barbara Berkeley there may be metabolic differences that make them so much more efficient at using kcals that they don't burn as many as 'normal weight' people, even when active.

Dec 2014 A DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Just read the thread, thanks!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I never eat back exercise calories.
I used to work out 3-4x per week, but am now working at 5-7x doing cardio and weights. I'm not adding back even though on UD I have a 400 calorie deficit and on DD I have a 1700 calorie deficit.

I will reassess at the 4 week point.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote