Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 03:43 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
1st DD on JUDDD...anyone have this problem?

That you're scared to eat!?!? I'm so afraid that I will wake up a sleeping monster! I slept in, then stayed in my bed and studied my lines for a while, then stayed in my room and made a few phone calls...I tried to stay away from the kitchen for fear I would start eating and not stop. 500 calories isn't much and I do enjoy eating! LOL! But around 4pm my stomach was growling so much so I decided I had better eat something before I waited too long and not only eat a little something but half my fridge and cupboards! (Remember that one scene in Fatso! with Dom Deluise?) So I made a breakfast sandwich...2 slices of light whole weight bread 40 cals each, 1 large egg cooked in coconut oil spray 70 cals, 1 slice low fat WW cheese 35 cals, 1 piece canadian bacon from Trader Joe's 20 cals for a total of 205 calories. It's been 2.5 hours and I'm feeling a little hungry but I brewed a pot of mint green tea and I'm drinking that and trying to keep busy. I've planned a salad for dinner and a low cal pb and banana smoothie for later. I've calculated everything at 530, 30 calories over but I'll take it since it's my first day. I'm gonna peruse this site for DD meal ideas...I'm thinking of making a pot of cabbage soup to help keep me full on DD's this week too since it's gonna be a bit colder.
From what I've been reading on this site, I will get use to the DD's...
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
You definitely will get use to DDs, but it takes some time- so be gentle with yourself.

When I started no one talked about doing 500 for the first 2 weeks so I started at 380 (my 20% DD number at that time). I was hungry and grumpy for a bit, but now that seems like ancient history.

I never went ape crazy and ate the contents of my kitchen as a result of DD
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pugluv9802
Stats: 193.8/168.2/150/ 5'10
WOE: Going to try JUDD 1-13-14
Start Date: 12/01/2013
I really worry about the UD. For whatever reason, my DD average is around 350. I find it hard to eat 1700 calories on UD. Hopefully, this will get easier and I really can work JUDD. Good luck to you on your DD. I wait until 11 or 12 to eat or drink the V8, most of the times.Then for me its downhill until bedtime. I have been on JUDD since 1-13 and started with DD. If this makes sense.
pugluv9802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I know exactly what you mean! DDs absolutely DO get easier.

One thing that helps me is what I choose to eat. And, by the way, you sound like you are doing a super awesome job so far. Congratulations on being such a good planner.

If I have hard boiled eggs or some leftover chicken or beef and I go for that, my appetite is not sparked like it would be if I ate something with a lot of simple carbs.

Check out this thread:

Cabbage, laughing cow cheese and chicken

As you go along you will find some really filling low calorie recipes that taste great. Also, when you get hungry on a DD, have some go-to drink that you know will take care of your appetite.

One of mine is Nestle's fat free 25 calorie hot chocolate with one teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil stirred in. It feels so decadent and the fat from the EVCO really keeps me satisfied for a long time.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugluv9802 View Post
I really worry about the UD. For whatever reason, my DD average is around 350. I find it hard to eat 1700 calories on UD. Hopefully, this will get easier and I really can work JUDD. Good luck to you on your DD. I wait until 11 or 12 to eat or drink the V8, most of the times.Then for me its downhill until bedtime. I have been on JUDD since 1-13 and started with DD. If this makes sense.
When I first started JUDDDing in December 2011 my UDs were out of control. I did ok on the DDs. But on UDs I felt like Yay! I get to eat anything I want! And I did. And I went way over my calorie allotment quite often. It didn't take long for me to calm down and realize I didn't have to eat everything and lots of it in a day. I could have it again if I wanted after DD.

You will settle down and get the hang of it. Do get some kind of calorie counter app so you can write down what you eat right when you eat it. It really does keep us accountable.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

BB: Read the first post on this thread. It really helped me with my thoughts about hunger:

Hunger is not an emergency
Old 01-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
BB: Read the first post on this thread. It really helped me with my thoughts about hunger:

Hunger is not an emergency
Thank you! Will do. Watching the football game but hanging around here today to get advice, recipes and support. If I see another beer and/or pizza commercial I'm gonna slap someone! LOL!
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
I can relate. I do find that once I start eating it does open the flood gates for me to so I have learned to wait long as possible before eating something which is usually after 6pm (I'll have coffee w/ cream or the new thing bulletproof coffee) and then I eat all my calories and go to bed shortly after because then I'm starving and will start eating. Well that's what I've done for the last 2 DDs anyways and it's worked. Going to bed soon. I'm hoping that after 1 or 2 more DDs like this that my stomach and hunger have shrunk so I can go longer without eating.
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yep, I wait as long as I can to eat anything solid on DDs. It just makes me want more. Once I came to terms with that, DDs became a whole lot easier.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
This is why I don't eat anything on DDs. I know it would release the hunger monster. Maybe I will eat on DDs later but not for now.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
Thank you! Will do. Watching the football game but hanging around here today to get advice, recipes and support. If I see another beer and/or pizza commercial I'm gonna slap someone! LOL!
Anybody get slapped??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Yep, I wait as long as I can to eat anything solid on DDs. It just makes me want more. Once I came to terms with that, DDs became a whole lot easier.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
This is why I don't eat anything on DDs. I know it would release the hunger monster. Maybe I will eat on DDs later but not for now.
I only eat at the point where I feel like I absolutely have to. Sometimes it is right before I go to bed. Sometimes it's even after I go to bed. I have a really, really hard time falling asleep if I'm truly hungry. So instead of tossing and turning, I'll get up and have a half cup of yogurt or something. Then I sleep fine.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
I only eat at the point where I feel like I absolutely have to. Sometimes it is right before I go to bed. Sometimes it's even after I go to bed. I have a really, really hard time falling asleep if I'm truly hungry. So instead of tossing and turning, I'll get up and have a half cup of yogurt or something. Then I sleep fine.
I've never felt I had to eat. I've been hungry but that's all. It passes. I will say I've had conversations in my head almost every DD where I try to convince myself to eat "this time". Fortunately, I'm not very persuasive.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Yes looks like we mostly put off eating. But some can go ahead and eat lite thru the day....ain't me.
I do hold off drinking broth or low cal soup until I feel yukieness may hit me any minute.
My goal is to wait until evening say 5 pm to actually eat...but that's way down the road for me. I'm in no hurry.
Good job Broadway!
This woe does take time so be easy on yourself, drink something before u faint, tease
Anxious for u to feel the SIRT gene----smile
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
...almost every DD where I try to convince myself to eat "this time". Fortunately, I'm not very persuasive.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:33 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
When I first started JUDDDing in December 2011 my UDs were out of control. I did ok on the DDs. But on UDs I felt like Yay! I get to eat anything I want! And I did. And I went way over my calorie allotment quite often. It didn't take long for me to calm down and realize I didn't have to eat everything and lots of it in a day. I could have it again if I wanted after DD.

You will settle down and get the hang of it. Do get some kind of calorie counter app so you can write down what you eat right when you eat it. It really does keep us accountable.
I never got past this. At first it seemed like so many calories to eat, so I didn't go over often, but later and and up until now I have struggled to stay within my cals on UDs. Hoping this LC tweak will continue to work.

Good luck BB. As you've seen others say, you can choose not to eat at all on DDs if that appeals to you. I personally have never gone without any food on DDs in over a year, but it works for some.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-21-2014 at 04:34 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
It helps that I've already decided exactly what I'm going to eat, and approximately what time. Then I can think about other things and not let it be a big deal.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Carol: Sounds like the LC tweak is working for you. I really like that JUDDD lets us tweak things to fit what works at different times. So many plans are very rigid and don't allow for changes. It's comforting to know I can tweak calories or food choices when I need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
It helps that I've already decided exactly what I'm going to eat, and approximately what time. Then I can think about other things and not let it be a big deal.
I like that on a DD but right now on UDs I'm enjoying the freedom to "go with the flow". Love the flexibility of an UD. I enter everything in my calorie counter and adjust so I don't go over my limit, but I don't have to know exactly what I'll be eating on an UD. That's working for me right now and it makes me so happy.