Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Glad it is going well for you right now LG

I am good. As always working on myself, cause I need it LOL

my fingers are crossed for you also that lc will treat you well. any bloat/sodium etc will take a few days to get rid of out of the system, a drop I believe will be in your future!
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 AM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thanks. I'm finding it easier and easier, and down 2 lbs this morning. I don't want to celebrate quite yet, but I am encouraged. Glad to hear that you are doing well too!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

I will celebrate for you!!! 2 lb. drop is sweet. Means things are moving in the right direction!!

keep rocking it girl!!!

2 lbs off the scale from no matter what reason is a cause for celebration!

Are you finding that low carb eating is kinda making you more satisfied longer? I get good appetite control when I work clean LC all the way. I do like that benefit.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Cindy and Trigger........just want to say I'm over on the sidelines cheering for ya!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Me too!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

we all gotta route for each other to take control of this battle and win

took the kids to mcdonalds. I had their grilled chicken salad. Yuck. ''just'' didn't seem fresh ya know. kinda wilty and not appealing. hit the garbage with that one and won't be buying that again.

I hate when I get a bad salad out. I mean, come on, I am doing a salad, so it best be totally fresh and yummy. it's all I got, I want it great!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #247
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Thanks. I'm finding it easier and easier, and down 2 lbs this morning. I don't want to celebrate quite yet, but I am encouraged. Glad to hear that you are doing well too!
Congratulations!! I would love to see that right now on my scale. 2 pounds down all at once!!! I'm jealous! KUTGW! You are doing great and I'm so happy you have hit on something that works for you right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

we all gotta route for each other to take control of this battle and win

took the kids to mcdonalds. I had their grilled chicken salad. Yuck. ''just'' didn't seem fresh ya know. kinda wilty and not appealing. hit the garbage with that one and won't be buying that again.

I hate when I get a bad salad out. I mean, come on, I am doing a salad, so it best be totally fresh and yummy. it's all I got, I want it great!
Oh man! I would have asked for my $$ back or had them make me a fresh one. I love a good salad, but like you, cannot stomach wilted soggy greens.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, you guys. I'm down 2 lbs, but I had gone up something like 6 lbs over over a 2-day period of eating carbs. So, I'm not back to my low yet...I want to get beyond the 70s decade for heaven's sake lol.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
...and, YOU WILL!!!!!!!!!! No doubt about it!!!! XO
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

****AND YOU WILL***** IS RIGHT!!!!!

hold the course and be sure to get that water intake happening.

I swear when I forget a good bit of water I feel slacky. when I push water thru the day I actually feel so much better and 'thinner'. can't really describe it but you make sure that water level is good thru the day for yourself.

I have to remind myself also to keep up a good intake thru the day.

keep on rocking it!!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:42 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I'm watching how this goes, too. I really haven't JUDDD'ed this week, but trying to get back to the lower carbs I was having. So, I've been tracking carbs and using the TDEE/BMR percentage to keep an eye on calories. then I plan - hope - to get back to LC/JUDDD.

Cindy, even though those 2 lbs. are pounds that have been lost before, at least the scale is moving in the right direction.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Back up 1 today lol.

Good luck Nilla!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
LCG,
I have read this thread through several times. I thank you for processing these issues here so we can all learn.
I am widowed and having no one to discuss food issues with is terrible.
Your posts give me permission to always be honest in my thinking and posting.
I have a lot of respect for you and feel much gratitude.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you, Pat. I have a partner, but I don't think he's terribly interested in my food issues lol. He is polite, but I don't think he really "hears" me. I'd rather chat with people who are in the same boat, you know? Anyway, I'm glad you feel comfortable posting, and grateful if I helped in any way.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Don't Give Up

I completely understand how you feel as I am sure most of us have gone through this and probably still do I have been down that road about a million times in the last few years since I have decided to get this weight off I think I could probably get a masters degree in diets by now. I think I could guide you through any diet you wanted to do I counted calories years ago and exercised 5 days a week and stayed 114 pounds. I wish I had JUDDD back then, because I was eating 1,000 calories everyday I think every diet out there basically is a way to get the amount of food you eat down and it all boils down to how much are you eating. Now how you do that is, in my opinion, do you like what you are eating and can you do this forever For me nothing can be off limits, except over eating I like to go for the most part vegetarian, but if I get a hankering for meat I do not deprive myself, because that only leads to binging for me On UD's I try to spread my meals out to three main meals and two snacks about 3 hours apart. That way if I start to get hungry I know I will be able to eat again soon and I don't over do it I also know if there is something I want I just have to work it into my calorie limit and I can have it A lot of times for me one bite is all I need to lose the craving for whatever it is I am not always successful But I am never going to give up, because I want to be thin again The key is never give up never surrender If you fall get back up and get in here. There is a lot of motivation here. YOU CAN DO THIS Someone wrote one time fall seven times get up eight
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:23 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Back up 1 today lol.

Good luck Nilla!
Hope it comes back off and then some.

Thanks, I'm doing a DD today, sticking with mainly water and coffee with HWC. Helps keep the hungries away. Well, at bay, anyway.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm doing a DD today too. It's not a low one, but it should be effective since I'm not eating my old diet. We can do it!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:32 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

We sure can do it
Old 02-11-2014, 04:12 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in with ya LG. How is the low carb thing doing?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:52 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

I thought it was going well, but my weight's back up to my heaviest. Oh well, thanks for checking. How are you doing?

Thought ran through my head that maybe since I have restricted severely for so long, I cannot lose any other way.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-11-2014 at 04:55 AM..
Old 02-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

well I don't think it is that you can't, it might be that it takes the body a good bit of time for adjustments.

I think when we jump around a bit, it upsets the balance. the zone we try to get into and stay there and lose.

the body finally adjusts and gives up a few lbs. but that really can take time when we change things up.

one thing, you restrict carbs you will lose. and without eating heavier junk carbs you will be less 'fluffy'. people truly get leaner and lose inches without the scale dropping.

Just stay on something for some time. give it time. Like you say in that sig line 'time will pass anyway'.

Maybe back to JUDDD rotations BUT decide that sugar is off the menu point blank. Sure some mashed taters or a hunk of bread with dinner, but NO sweets. No donuts, candy, chips etc. you know, say no to the true useless junk. hmmm might work for ya if you have to eliminiate a food group, than total sugar junk is the first I would strive to dump.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

When I said I was back to my heaviest, I meant my heaviest in months, not my all time high lol. My god, I can't imagine how horrible that would be.

I know what you're saying--stick to it, and see. I think I'll stay with LC and do the rotations, and I also think you're right about cutting out sugar permanently. It's going to be extremely difficult, I won't lie. I still haven't found a good substitute or a way to live without a sweet taste of something.

I appreciate you keeping up with me, because it's disheartening to keep trying without the results you want and no one to talk with lol. I don't want to keep clogging up the board with my "woe is me" threads. I'm going to keep (most of) my whining to this thread.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 02-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
.. it's disheartening to keep trying without the results you want and no one to talk with
Disheartening? It's a thoroughly miserable experience that can cause you to second-guess your own perceptions.

I'd lost 25lbs with aching slowness before starting JUDDD in late 2011. After losing an initial 3 lbs, I lost nothing else for >16 weeks, iirc, and just couldn't shift from 140lbs (within 10lbs of my goal). I was beyond fed up and when a slice of life happened, I stopped doing anything as I couldn't bear the endless effort for no results.

Inevitably, I ended 2012 with a 17lb regain, to reboot JUDDD at 157lbs. I have nothing but my own fed-upness (and the normal variance of *life*) to blame for needing to lose 17lbs before reaching my original sticking point. *in sore need of kicking myself icon*

I now think that I couldn't gel with JUDDD initially because I should have improved my metabolic flexibility after 10 solid months of reducing my kcal intake which was (in retrospect) horribly low before switching to JUDDD. I just didn't trust the process and I'd no idea that my LBM was so low (and, again, with the help of hindsight, that really hasn't helped).

Seeing negligible outcome for what feels like a remarkable amount of strategising, self-restraint, self-abnegation etc. is thoroughly demoralising - there's no getting around it. It feels like part of your life has been given over to participating in a particularly gruelling endurance event with a maddening vagueness over the finish line and how long the event is expected to take. The worst thing about it is that you have to participate in this endurance event in parallel with managing the rest of your work, family life etc.

You're also surrounded by a public rhetoric that makes weight loss appear to be linear, rational, and predictable. So, if you're not conforming to this, then, somehow, despite your personal integrity, somehow, you must be 'cheating' or suddenly developed kcal intake blindness. Pah and Pah again.

Thing is tho' - even when it's impossible to see your progress, it's too easy to overlook that you're still in the endurance event and you're still going. And particularly that it's to your credit that you're still slogging along with no thought of dropping out. You're still looking for insights and tweaks to improve your performance.

This has, as ever, turned into an essay - so I'll spare you the remainder which would just riff off Cavafy's Ithaca.
July 2014 Life, eh! In March I had a DXA scan which revealed very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional and normal service may resume at some point

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-11-2014 at 03:43 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you, Slow. I know it's inevitable that people have these struggles, yet it's easy to feel totally alone in my struggle when I focus on the "majority" of successes I see. I was blaming myself for many months for not being able to totally fast on DDs or for not going low enough...or for going over on UDs too often, but the truth is, I just have not been losing like I should be. I truly think either it's menopause or a thyroid problem. This is more difficult than it should be, even though weight loss is never easy. You don't know how much I appreciate your kind empathy and well-thought out advice.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:36 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

boy oh boy it is a frustrating battle. no doubt about that! So many of us are on this boat. supporting each other is the best way we can continue thru this and make it work for us with tweaking etc.

cutting sugar is hard also more you stay on low carb the more easy it is to walk away from it. with JUDD being eat whatever you want on UP days but stay in your cal. limit, you still have to get by that mentality that sugar junk is allowed.

if you stick with real food you are so way ahead of the game. processed stuff and junk sugar are biggies just about health issues. eat to fuel the body but pick great healthy foods to make decadent meals and enjoy your food. just mentally say processed junk/sugar junk is out of my life....and boy ya gotta keep saying it over and over mostly but eventually you really do want that to happen. You know the correct healthy way to eat, now you really just have to apply it and say you are worth every bit of willpower to make healthier eating happen.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:25 AM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I just wanted to chime in here, Cindy. I'm feeling a bit (ha, let's face it, more than a bit) frustrated too. I was struggling sticking to rotations and calories, but I think that has resolved for the most part. And I'm not weighing regularly, so I don't know what that number is. But I don't feel like I'm getting any smaller. Haven't had that nice feeling since before the holidays. You know, that feeling you either have or you don't that the weight is leaving?

I really do think my body has settled in at this weight, and is going to make me be patient and work for the next big shift. Could yours be doing the same thing? We are so close in height, weight, age, body type (pear).

I have resigned myself to just staying the course and putting in the work until my body is ready to release some more fat. I'm not thrilled with that prospect, but it's better than gaining it back like I have in the past.

Just to say, you're certainly not alone in this.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Disheartening? It's a thoroughly miserable experience that can cause you to second-guess your own perceptions.

Seeing negligible outcome for what feels like a remarkable amount of strategising, self-restraint, self-abnegation etc. is thoroughly demoralising - there's no getting around it. It feels like part of your life has been given over to participating in a particularly gruelling endurance event with a maddening vagueness over the finish line and how long the event is expected to take. The worst thing about it is that you have to participate in this endurance event in parallel with managing the rest of your work, family life etc.

You're also surrounded by a public rhetoric that makes weight loss appear to be linear, rational, and predictable. So, if you're not conforming to this, then, somehow, despite your personal integrity, somehow, you must be 'cheating' or suddenly developed kcal intake blindness. Pah and Pah again.

Thing is tho' - even when it's impossible to see your progress, it's too easy to overlook that you're still in the endurance event and you're still going. And particularly that it's to your credit that you're still slogging along with no thought of dropping out. You're still looking for insights and tweaks to improve your performance.
I you, SlowSure. You just summed up and clarified so much with the bolded. I'm constantly thinking I must be doing something wrong since everyone else is losing like crazy. People that eat carbs lose, people that don't eat carbs lose. I know there are many that struggle - many have left JUDDD because of various reasons. But it's the truly successful JB's (or any other WOE for that matter) that leave me scratching my head wondering what the heck am I doing so wrong that I don't see the same success??

Which leads into Cindy's post:

Quote:
Thank you, Slow. I know it's inevitable that people have these struggles, yet it's easy to feel totally alone in my struggle when I focus on the "majority" of successes I see. I was blaming myself for many months for not being able to totally fast on DDs or for not going low enough...or for going over on UDs too often, but the truth is, I just have not been losing like I should be. I truly think either it's menopause or a thyroid problem. This is more difficult than it should be, even though weight loss is never easy. You don't know how much I appreciate your kind empathy and well-thought out advice.
I'm right there with you, Cindy. I sometimes feel deflated when I see others having all the successes that I want to have. "Deflated" is an understatement if you look at how many times I've left JUDDD and come back. It's when I feel deflated that I go in search of something else that's just gotta work because surely I haven't stumbled across it yet in my thirty years of trying to shed this weight. That's why I loved that thread that you (I think) started which showed that they are just as imperfect as we are. Yet, still ... they've gone on to lose so much weight despite their imperfect DD/UD's. Do not feel alone. With the exception of having to make sure I eat enough on my UD's, just about all your posts could have been written by me.

If you feel like you're the Queen of Whine around here, then I share the crown with you.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Queen of Whine that is funny. I am right there with you guys. While I don't post my troubles much, believe me I have TONS of them.

getting over the 'world's' best way to lose weight and keep it off attitude----yea if it was so easy wouldn't every single person be in target weight every day of their life????

there is NO PERFECT way for anyone to lose. It is all about tweaking and being super honest with yourself, then HOPING there is no medical/hormone/allergy or whatever blocks in your way that you don't know how to deal with.

I do however truly feel most people just eat the wrong way. eat too much or gravitate toward way too many 'fake' foods to try and sub tastes. I feel it comes down to what goes in the mouth. Point blank. BUT THAT can be different for each person, so when you read the success of one, what are they truly eating and how is it working well in their body for them?

I know exactly how to lose weight. On the times I stick exactly to what I know works, the weight falls off. WHEN I overeat, sneak a few things, bites here and there thru the day, then a fake sugar snack at night along with some nuts etc....I know my scale isn't moving that day

but who can stick with XX foods forever and not vary them? some can. I sure can't.
I do have to find that mix of foods/meals that work for me and let me lose, all the while feeling like it is something I can certainly live with for life. still working on that LOL
Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm working on it too. Right now I'm not going to make any sweeping statements (anymore lol) about what I will or won't do. I know what is healthy and unhealthy, and I've chosen some unhealth(ier) foods lately (today and last night). I have beaten myself up about everything so much, that I just need to chill. I'm waiting on some much-needed medicine for my hormonal moods, and I desperately need to see a doctor about my thyroid. I am waiting on an appointment for that as well. The one and most important thing I have going for me right now is YOU. If I couldn't come here, I don't know what I'd do.

Thank you, all of you, for coming to listen and share your own struggles.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

well maybe cutting yourself a break is key here.

maintain. do not gain!!! stay right where you are. You lost, now don't put on even 1 stinking lb at this point.

and get the medical stuff taken care of and let yourself off the hook.

the pressure we put on ourselves is horrifying sometimes. we can be our own worst enemy. I sure have done that to myself.

every time I make a sweeping big statement for myself, it backfires
it is like it is 'do or die', 'make it or quit' if I don't meet my high standard I place on myself. geez, I gotta get over that !!

relaxing is nice in life. we all should do it more often, but it seems tense and stress are what we do live with. bleck!