Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
I definitely have problems with wheat and particularly with barley. I rarely ate rye so don't know what it does to me but I'm not willing to try it since it is a gluten grain. I have been gluten free for eight years.

My wife puts onions in stew without cooking them first and it doesn't seem to bother me that way, so I don't know if it's the fructans in my case. It just seems that cooking the onion breaks it down well enough that I can tolerate it.

The other odd thing is that I used to be able to eat raw onion with no problem at all. However, when I hit my 30's, it became a no-go.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Cindy, I'm late to the party and have nothing to add except kudos for trying to kick the carbs to the curb. Got lots of laughs from some of the posts, especially Trigger's Murphy's Law!

Y'all know I've struggled with making JUDDD work like it did for me in the beginning years ago. I've never struggled with overdoing it on an UD as I'm the opposite in making sure I eat enough. Whenever I get back on JUDDD, I lose 3-4 lbs. just like that (finger snap), then nothing. Last summer, I ditched carbs (ate at Atkins '72 levels), sugar and wheat. Nothing, nada zip but a couple of pounds.

I look at everyone around these boards (JUDDD or any other plan) and wonder why I'm so different in that if I track, count, and seem to do it all "right", why my body refuses to give it up. I read the NSV thread and never, ever seem to see any NSVs like everyone else. It gets darn frustrating.

So, right now (re: this week ), I'm keeping things low carb during the week and have one high carby day on Saturday. The true EOD rotation just doesn't work for my life. If Saturday ends up being a DD, I'll blow it just about every time. So it's a 3DD/3UD/1MD rotation for me. I lost well way back when on that schedule. I've finally gotten to where one carb day doesn't do me in. I pick my "poison of choice" and enjoy it that one day, then get right back on track the next day (thanks to BPCs). I track my DD calories and keep half an eye on my UD calories.

Will this work? Probably not!!!! Nothing seems to do, but I plug along. I'm hoping my body needs constant shake ups after 30+ years of dieting and this will do it.

I've seen lots of suggestions for you and have nothing to add except that I'm for cutting the carbs suggestions. I've gone to saving most of my UD calories for the evening - maybe try that into the mix? Treat the morning/day like a DD then come late afternoon/evening, enjoy that food!

You are still one of the JB successes around here in having lost 30 lbs. Hang in there!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Lots of interesting posts this morning.

SlowSure: You are always a wealth of information. I appreciate you so much. DH cannot tolerate onions. His mother was like that too. They make him sick right away. I am the one with the iron stomach like someone mentioned. I absolutely adore onions, cooked or raw. It bums me out to not be able to put them in my dishes.

Oh, dried, minced onions are OK so I use those in everything but to me it does not taste like the real thing. You gave a great explanation of what/why.

Trigger: I think everyone relates! Just the minute we decide something unexpected pops up. Sure takes a lot of resolve to just move through it and succeed anyway.

Cindy: That menu looks awesome! And you are right about it being LC friendly. Hey, by 4 weeks from now you will be sailing along and we will all be amazed by your success!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Chocolate. Delirium. Torte.

enough said.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #155
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
That menu should be easy to work with! Eat the shrimp paste with a spoon, skip the hummus and pita chips, and really enjoy the dessert(maybe take half of it home?). Bang! Done.
I picked up three different kinds of hummus in the grocery store at lunch today, and all of them were 0 sugar and 4 carbs per serving. I think I can eat that with the veggies instead of pita chips. Oh and if I don't eat all of the dessert (doubtful), I'll take some home for bf.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-21-2014 at 11:46 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #156
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I love hummus! I want to try to make my own some time. I think you can enjoy the whole meal, Cindy and have no problem going straight back to LC. After all, you'll have a whole month under your belt by then.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Cindy,
You have done so well to stick with this for over a year! I wish I had good advice, but I just want to offer my support, and let you know I hope to do as well as you have one day. I want to believe I can but I've ever stuck with anything that long, not even close.
Good luck to you, and I hope you find the peace and ease you are needing right now.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:48 AM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Tex! You did very well when you were here, and probably still have kept off more than I have lost lol. I don't know how well it speaks of anyone sticking to something if there's no results. However, I accept the compliment and thank you. I am hopeful that eating less sugar and carbs will be the impetus I needed to start the weight coming off again.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Thanks, Tex! You did very well when you were here, and probably still have kept off more than I have lost lol. I don't know how well it speaks of anyone sticking to something if there's no results. However, I accept the compliment and thank you. I am hopeful that eating less sugar and carbs will be the impetus I needed to start the weight coming off again.
Haha no I've gained it all back
Have you tried smoothies? I think I remember you drinking those, I bet you could make a recipe with the exact amount of carbs, fat and protein that you need on DDs. I think I read calichris say 45% fat, 40% carb and 15% protein...that seems like it would be full filling. I want to try it, I want a vitamix so bad.
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

I hadn't thought of doing that, but it's a great idea! Let's find some recipes.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I didn't sleep well last night, which is probably contributing to some of this, but things just aren't working. It's not JUDDD. It's me. I can't stick to my calories and I'm in a vicious cycle. I lose faith, get discouraged, get back on track, do well for a minute, lose faith, and so on ... terrible sentence structure lol. Taking a break is not going to help, but put me further behind and I'm tired of not getting any lower than this.

I hate doing a set WOE, like LC, because I feel like I can't sustain it, but I guess it might be the only way for me to actually lose. Thinking of going back to it, because I don't have the willpower to eat what I want EOD.
Cindy I could of wrote this myself. I know I haven't been here in a long time but I do stop by and read cuz I do love Judd Budds. I too felt exactly like you, so I decided I had to take a different route and starting doing Atkins 72 and have so far dropped about 16 pounds. Its what working for me right now and I just came to the conclusion I would rather give up foods that I know derail me and make some progress. Anyway just thought I would tell you I know how you feel.

weight 257/235/130
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:17 PM   #162
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you, Debbie.I have dropped sugar and wheat/flour and seem to be doing better, but it's early days. I have eaten *some* breaded chicken, but I am not too worried about it. Nearly everything else has been pure meat, vegs and fat. How long have you been on Atkins, and congrats on the 16 lb loss!!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Cindy for a couple months. I allowed a few goodies at Christmas and just like I knew it would threw me into a tail spin so back on track again. As long as I stay true to Atkins 72 I feel great. I just love the way it curbs my appetite in a huge way.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #164
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds great, Debbie. I hope that I can indulge every now and then too. I'm not as worried about the immediate set back as I am about the mental part of it--and staying determined to go back to LC. If LC "my way" doesn't work, I might try Atkins 72. We have that book in the library lol.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
How are you doing LG? Is the lc working so far?

you asked about me before. I started over a year ago on atkins. Lost around 10 lbs. Got wonky on lc. tried MY OLD diet of LA Weight Loss (lost 70 lbs fast on it) because with lc I couldn't adapt. I wanted carby food back in my life. Goofed around on LAW plan and lost about 5 lbs. Then started to backslide on LAW cause it is low fat/low calorie and I was hungry. gained back the 5 lbs. plus like 3 more

Jumped back to LC and lost like 25 lbs. Still having trouble staying lc cause in my mind I WANTED taters, fried foods, sweets, etc. So I jumped back to LAW and gained back like 5 lbs. (geez, I was starting to figure out that carby stuff was getting me bad! )

Then jumped back on lc and lost the 5 lbs. Then I jumped on JUDDD for just a little bit but realized 2 things. Down days always fell when wanted to eat out or something was always bout food, or the UP days became what you JUDDDer's called UP UP and AWAY DAYS. This is when I realized I had to cut out carby foods. They were just dragging me down. Gained and lost like 5 lb during this experiment. Back to lc and I lost again. Now I am at 32 lbs. down total after all this mess of jumping from plan to plan.

I land on lc as my final woe. I am not jumping around anymore. lc is the way to go for me. Of course with the holidays I got wonky again, gained back about 8 lbs. Just lost those and now I am settled into lc again and working my way down the scale slowly.

I do not care if my weight loss is slow. I am not going anywhere It will happen eventually. a lb. here and there all adds up. LC also makes one lose some inches even if the scale doesn't move. lc makes you less fluffy definitely.

so now my goal is lose 30 lbs. in 5-6 months. I know that is very doable. Will put me almost at goal come spring time which will be fine by me....but if it takes 7-8 months to lose that 30 that is also ok by me

It 's hard finding a spot to settle. a way one can eat thru life and sustain it, be happy on it, work it to fit their lifestyle. I was in the middle of that also. but after my experimenting I find lc fits me best but I also have to be committed to lc. It is a learning curve for all of us when we have to find that perfect eating plan that fits us.
I think low carb my way is working well again for me and this is what I will commit and stick with now. All the time making it stick in my mind that this is long term. Not an experiment anymore.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:01 AM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Trigger. I have also struggled with wanting to eat carby foods and sugar. It has taken me this long (since Nov. 2012) to finally decide I can give those up for the most part. I will occasionally have non-LC food, but I want to keep my life pretty carb and sugar free from now on. I was distressed at the unhealthy way I was eating on UDs, as well as the fact that the scale would not budge. So, the only solution was to change the way I was eating...I have managed to lose a little over 30 lbs as of today (36 lbs at my lowest) in a little over a year, but eating anything I want eod is no longer working....anyway, all this has been said one way or the other in this thread already lol. So, my answer to you is, it's going well. It's not a miracle cure and I know I will have to continue with IF in order to lose well...today is a DD and I want to have a good one!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 01-25-2014, 05:27 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I sure wish there was a 'miracle cure' I guess it comes down to us. Know your body and food triggers that really pack on the lbs. When I slip up and eat carby stuff the lbs. go back on so fast is is scary.

I do notice when I just stay lc, work it cleaner, I get results. I can't keep jumping around because in the end I lose. My mental state gets crazy trying to find a way to lose a lb. faster and keep it off.

LC girl. we can get this done. me and you have about 30-40 to goal. something we can definitely handle. Also just decreasing the carbs is a good way to eat for your body. we all know the heavy carb hitters are the junkier side of healthy foods out there. so we are doing something good for ourselves anyway.

when I eat now I say, is this a good choice? fresh natural foods. or is it man made junk? alot of times I can just talk myself out of the worse stuff I could eat. it helps me to stay on track a bit.
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Kinda scared to post again but

as I read the threads I see that Vanilla Latte is my twin and so many
are in the same boat. I've not gained but 3 lbs. since the December
debacle. Never reached the 150 goal. Fell into UPP days being a
CARB FILLED DISASTER. All those carby tastes made DD's impossible.
Too much craving. I just caved. Then I had a surgery went through it
just fine and then some bug hit me hard. I am still recovering.

Have not settled into what I am going to do. If I return to JUDD I will
have to be very reserved on UPP days program.

Thanks Kissa for coming onto my low carb board. I have missed all of you.
Thought about you all the time. How are you doing?? So today I came on
and read a ton of threads. Hang in there everyone. It's ok to modify
as your body is your special instrument. I think JUDD helps us fine tune our
instruments better than any other plan.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #169
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
So good to see you posting again Barbo! I had been wondering about you, and hoping that all was well and you were just busy and recovering from holiday stuff. I'm glad surgery went well, and that you're recovering from the nasty bug.

Don't ever be scared to post here! We all fall down, skin our knees, and the JBs are here to dust us off and get us going again.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome back, Barb. Never be scared to post here. I am honest to a fault, and believe me, there is no judgement here. Only support, and lots of it. I'm so happy that your surgery went well too.Whether you choose to come back to JUDDD WOE again or not, please stick around and post from time to time to let us know how you are.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
as I read the threads I see that Vanilla Latte is my twin and so many
are in the same boat. I've not gained but 3 lbs. since the December
debacle. Never reached the 150 goal. Fell into UPP days being a
CARB FILLED DISASTER. All those carby tastes made DD's impossible.
Too much craving. I just caved. Then I had a surgery went through it
just fine and then some bug hit me hard. I am still recovering.

Have not settled into what I am going to do. If I return to JUDD I will
have to be very reserved on UPP days program.

So today I came on and read a ton of threads. Hang in there everyone. It's ok to modify as your body is your special instrument. I think JUDD helps us fine tune our instruments better than any other plan.
Hey, sister!!

Hope you begin feeling better soon. I'm still JUDDD'ing on my own terms, and you know what? I think I'd be totally okay with this slow loss (.5 lbs. in two weeks ) if I some NSV's to get me through. But I got nada. And yes, I've thought of ditching JUDDD once again to try something else. Don't know what as I've tried just about everything else. Ditching carbs does nothing (or wheat, or sugar), cutting calories in half (via JUDDD) does nothing.

Ack. Sorry for the vent. I had hoped, when I began again in November, to have lost 15 lbs. or so by the end of February (specific reason). Not having lost even 5, I am majorly frustrated.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LG, how is it going for you? good I hope!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vanilla. You lost 5. it may not have been at warp speed, but you are heading in the right direction.

Don't jump around too much. pick something, work it hard and give it time. I think when we jump too much into diff. plans it screws us up too much. the body needs consistency. give it that.

You want some changes, you want healthier, you are working toward it and believe me, you are way ahead of others who have not started. It takes time to find the right spot where you will land in terms of eating. You hang in there girl! You will find your path. We got your back

also when you are not sure what plan to kinda follow, be sure to have a food journal. write down what you eat and post your weight, so if you look back, you can see what combo of food made you lose weight, what stalls you or other info.

the past of what we try can sure help us later.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Trigger. I am truly trying to look at it like it is a loss, no matter how small. I keep track of my food on a tracker. Not everyday as I'm a routine eater. In all my 30 years of dieting, I've never really been able to pinpoint exactly what it is that helps me lose. The only thing I have noticed on JUDDD is that it seems keeping my DD calories closer to 500, give or take a few, works better for me than the calculator numbers.

Thanks for the pep talk, it helped!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
LG, how is it going for you? good I hope!
It was going well up until a couple of days ago. I started on the carbs Monday night, didn't go overboard and thought I was done. Did it again yesterday, and haven't stopped yet. I plan to go right back to LC tomorrow. This week has been a strange one, and I'm just trying to get my mind back in the game, so to speak. Thanks for asking about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Thanks, Trigger. I am truly trying to look at it like it is a loss, no matter how small. I keep track of my food on a tracker. Not everyday as I'm a routine eater. In all my 30 years of dieting, I've never really been able to pinpoint exactly what it is that helps me lose. The only thing I have noticed on JUDDD is that it seems keeping my DD calories closer to 500, give or take a few, works better for me than the calculator numbers.

Thanks for the pep talk, it helped!
Trigger's right. You're doing something right--eating healthy and sticking to a plan. That's all you can do, and it's way ahead of most of the population.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea LG. when I have some higher carbs, I notice a HUGE draw for more and more.

I ''think'' I am a carb addictive and the effect on me is bad.

But there are days I can handle a few higher carbs and back on plan immediately, not have that draw and do fine. then I think I got the world by its tail oh yea. me bad. can have some higher stuff and get right back on track.

then I do it and WHAMMO. I get dragged down. one high carb treats leads to meals of carbs and DAYS of carbs....then the huge struggle to get them GONE again. whcih can be hard. very hard for me

yet I noticed the longer and longer I am on lc, the better I am getting at control.

I guess along with physical want of the food....my mind is getting stronger at saying NO.

the longer you do something, truly the easier it gets IF I DO apply myself. Without that commitment I would be up, up and away with carbs.

the foods that are high carb are friendly to me. I want them and they want me. lol
but in the end we really have to decide what is our evil and eradicate it best to our ability.

hey be sure to have some handy good meals of lc available at all times.
this is key for me. I have so much bacon in the freezer it is scary and 2-3 packs in the fridge at all times. I am over the top for bacon and it never gets old, so when I am stuck, I make a pile of bacon and eat away. it stops me from wandering and wanting.

you gotta find your 'go to foods' and they can help.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:48 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
So it's a 3DD/3UD/1MD rotation for me. I lost well way back when on that schedule.
I'm 4:3 in this pattern and have been since Jan 2013. It fits in well with my sports activities.

And, agreed it's not glamorous, more of a hard slog that feels completely thankless at times, but Trigger and LG are right - you're mindful about what you eat and you're not gaining. Sadly, this puts you way ahead of a substantial part of the population.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

I had one carby sweet Monday night, a MD of carbs Tuesday night and a full day of carbs yesterday with pizza as the finisher and am at my highest weight this month. 5 lbs over yesterday and 7 lbs over my lowest this month. Makes one wonder if all I have been doing for the last 2 weeks is keeping the water weight at bay.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Stupid scale is messing with your mind again, girl. I have huge gains immediately when I am LCing and then eat carby. Are you going back to LC? I wish the scale was rewarding you more for your hard work. You can do it!!!! Did you feel better physically?
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Not today. Those carbs made me feel like crap and my stomach is upset too. Why in world did I do it? Plus I'm bloated like a balloon. I'm not sure if LC is so much better for me and this is what carbs actually do to me, or if LC is terrible for me because it makes me react this way to one day of eating carbs. I'm pretty sure it's the former.