Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I put it in the freezer and slowly drag it out for DH. Either that or the yard dog gets a treat he doesn't need.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I was also raised by parents who went through the depression. Throwing out food is against my nature.

But I have done it, thinking what's better. Putting unnecessary calories inside of me or getting rid of them "some other way". I don't do it often, mostly when someone brings food over that I just know I can't eat. I think the last time it was part of a pecan pie a friend brought by during the holidays.

Its interesting how so many of our food habits refer back to when we were kids and our parents attitude toward food and eating.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Yam....I'm picturing this fluffy fat raccoon jet-packing around the county dump with a goofy smile on its face on a sugar high!

Phyl

Only, the little guy would get chopped up! I call it the Copper Chopper because the town it's in is Copperopolis, California. (Copper mining town). I don't go there often because I'm afraid of the place. The Chopper thingie is where everyone has to throw their bags of trash (recyclables go elsewhere in bins).

So, the chopper is behind a waist high gate. You have to walk up to the gate, look down into this deep hole and fling your trash over the gate and into it. At the bottom it's like a super humungous electric garbage disposal. I guess it's a trash compacter. It gobbles up and smashes up the trash and pushes it through a tunnel where it gets picked up by a big truck and taken somewhere to a mysterious trash graveyard. I have had nightmares of falling into it if I fling the trash bags too hard!!! Verrrry Scary!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 01-18-2014 at 02:12 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:13 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Hi Katie! I remember you! Aren't you the one with the cutest dimples on the planet? I am just making my way back to posting some (when I feel up to it) but have remained on JUDDD with the exception of a few breaks.

Currently trying to lose holiday gain. Please stick around. You are delightful and everybody adores you!

Best of luck with whatever you are doing.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

My parents went through the depression, too. We could never, ever waste or throw away food. And, we had to clean our plates because somewhere, for some reason, children were starving. I never got the connection, but I just knew that if I didn't eat every morsel, I was bad and those starving children would suffer.

DH helped me to change my mindset quite early in our relationship. He ate til he was satisfied. Stopped. Scraped the rest right into the trash. My mother gave us a big bag of candy bars. He saw it in the cupboard. Took it. And tossed it. When I asked him where it was he said, "You don't want to eat those candy bars. They are not good for you. "

Well. Alrighty then Mr. Food Police Officer!!! I was actually mad at him. But I got over it.

I know myself pretty well. If I would have kept that Sees candy in the house one more minute, I would have polished off the opened box and started on another by the end of the day. Then? Self loathing for my lack of will-power!!

To heck with will power! I needed some WON'T power!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

As in I WON'T have that in the house right now!!!!!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

I like the garbage disposal idea. Except we had septic and also 6 pounds of chocolates would take a while and I would have played the "one for you one for me game!"
I burst out laughing when I read this, picturing you (or myself) stuffing one chocolate in the disposal and one in my mouth. Bf said, "What's going on?"
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I burst out laughing when I read this, picturing you (or myself) stuffing one chocolate in the disposal and one in my mouth. Bf said, "What's going on?"
It's so fun here. You guys "get" me.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I'd have to be feeling pretty generous to play that game. Here, it'd be, four for me, 1/2 for you, 8 for me, a drive-by for you, etc.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I'd have to be feeling pretty generous to play that game. Here, it'd be, four for me, 1/2 for you, 8 for me, a drive-by for you, etc.
Lolol! No kidding! Share candy? <snort>
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: allisonm
Stats: 336/286/160 5'9"
WOE: LC GFCF JUDDD
I have a hard time throwing away food too. If it's not half-eaten already, I've been known to drive around till I find a homeless person or take it to a food pantry. The unopened boxes of chocolates would have been easy. The open box? I hate to think.

BTW, I'm all for the Whole30 concept, but it's designed for excellent health. It's not intended for weight loss.

Last edited by allisonm; 01-18-2014 at 03:59 PM..
allisonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
You are all making me crave Sees candy on a down day! Good thing it's time for bed!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 AM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
We got some See's candy at Christmas, and when we bought it at the temporary location at the mall, they gave us a coupon for Valentine's Day, and said they'd be back. Believe me, so will we!! We love See's candies. I grew up in California, so for me that just IS the chocolate of choice!

I've never thrown any away(3 kids plus husband equals not around long enough to even get my fair share much less an excess!), however, I have thrown other things away. I feel no guilt about 'throwing away good food' because let's face it, most of what tempts us is not really FOOD. It is delicious stuff that we can put in our bodies, and it may provide calories, but it doesn't NOURISH us.

That's what FOOD is supposed to do.

So, a mantra for people who want to throw stuff away: Just because I can eat it, doesn't mean it is food!

Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi LG! Hugs to ya! Everyone has these rough times of wondering just what to do and how to eat thru the remainder of your life all the while losing weight and keeping it off. We gotta tweak til we find what works for us personally! We all got the sweet spot that will make it happen!

I am late into this thread but MORE POWER to you for cutting out junk carbs.

It is what I had to do. when I tried JUDDD I could not control my UP days. sure for a while, then it was horror. carbs trigger me wanting more carbs. simple as that.
there is no if, ands, or buts about it for me. carbs call my name. I have a small treat and wham, I want more and more and more. took me a while to truly see it but I finally couldn't fool myself any longer. carbs can be evil

You want to go LC right? that is what I am doing my own way.

Do you want JUDDD and LC or just lc? you said down days are ok for you. You can easily do JU with up and down lc foods.

One thing I absolutely would do is PLAN PLAN and TRIPLE PLAN your lc meals.
Make a week long meal plan at least to be sure you have LC food ready at all times.
make sure you got tons of LC snacks, tons of grab and go foods, tons of meal ideas lined up. very important. You gotta have those ready---cause when that decision of 'should I eat cake' or lc foods hits, if the lc food is available your mind will hopefully say eat lc cause that food is there, ready, available, your committed to lc now and I know it is the right thing to do.

if that LC food isn't available, we swerve head first into tons of carbs (ask me how I know lol)

AND EAT. DO NOT be afraid of fat. good fats is what makes you satisfied. that is what keeps you from wanting/hunger/deprivation. You must eat good on LC.
I do and it works

I got wonky over Christmas. gained up about 6-8 lbs. well got back on track seriously a few days ago, lc all the way, and dropped 4 lbs in a few days. I am back in the zone.

I know you can do this and find the personal way to eat for yourself. I am the type that 'give me an inch' I 'will take a mile'. that is why JUD up days killed me. I took the mile all the time! carbs made me do it!

you jump over to the lc board for meal suggestions etc. if needed, even tho I know everyone here knows their stuff! and the support on this thread is wonderful!

I like that you make it real in your posts LG. it is real life happening. real feelings of wandering, finding your way, ways to make it work. I admire that. asking for help and the bunch of great people that give good advice makes the JU board a great place.

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-19-2014 at 07:38 AM..
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Cindy, from all the reading about nutrition I've done over the past fifteen years I definitely think low carb is the healthiest way to eat. From my own experience I know that it helps to control my appetite, but not enough alone to lose weight. So I definitely think you're on the right track.

Something stood out to me as I read this thread, though. You said, "I've got IF down." If combining JUDDD with low carb foods doesn't pan out, may I suggest another experiment? What about just another form of IF? Like 20/4 or even 23/1?
Old 01-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Trigger.You were very supportive the last time I tried LC (for a week). This time I want to stay committed. And you're exactly right--I need to load this house with LC food. I know a lot of you LCer's say you're never that hungry, but I find that I am ravenous even moreso on DDs, and now on the morning/lunch of a UD. However, I don't feel like eating more will put on the quick lbs that a bunch of carby junk does. I felt like all I was doing for months was eating a lot, peeing it out on DDs, going back up on UDs. It's time for a change, and I think I'm rambling because my blood sugar is at rock bottom. GOT TO EAT.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 01-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

remember one thing about lc. the 'no hunger' just does not appear in a day. it takes about 5-6 days TRULY getting into ketosis for that 'hungry desperate' feeling to go away. and sometimes a bit longer for people. key here is EAT and EAT BIG LC if needed to get this time period under your belt.

so while alot think 'I should not be hungry' --it is NOT that way in the very beginning.

NOW if you EAT correctly, you will really not be hungry on lc at the start of it.

Let me give you an idea of my day and I lose weight.

breakfast is 2 scrambled, piece of cheese, 5-6 bacon strips

OR I might go full in with 3-4 ounces chicken breast sauteed, then dumped into a 1/3 cup alfredo sauce, topped with parm and add in 1 cup broccoli. Mix it into a huge alfredo mess and chow away. I love this meal. so satisfying and stick to the ribs all the time losing lbs.

after a breakfast like that I can go for a while. then I might have 1 or 2 hotdogs cut up for a snack dipped in my spicy mustard. or 1/2 can tuna with mayo on my 'low carb' wheat thin cracker.

dinner is sky's the limit steak and mushrooms. bbq chicken and veg. low carb chili, bacon cheeseburgers with roasted cauli, garlic shrimp over loaded salad, pork chops and stir fry.

Be inventive and crazy with a meal thru the day. eat like a queen. breakfast or dinner is my biggest inventive meal. I go big on one of those. That gives me more control.

If I was you, I would not do a down day for a bit. Concentrate SOLELY on lc. the foods you can eat, the meals you can make, how to arrange it thru the day on how you want to eat those meals, etc.

combining 2 plans right now might be harder for you.

when on the fence, sometimes you got to jump on one side and run with that, til comfortable and then start the down days back in.

If you do the down day-----then in the morning you must start with a BAB and stick with that. if you wake up hungry a BAB is abosolutely the way to go. It will make you happy, fill you up, control you, satisfy you and from there the rest of the day will be easier to handle. (it works that way for me)

you keep on trucking LG. the way is there for you, just finding that right combo for you is exhausting to look for sometimes, but it is there!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Trigger! You know, I did LC pretty successfully for 2 months before I came to JUDDD, and lost about 3 lbs a month, which is not gang busters losing, but then I don't lose fast. Thanks for all the meal suggestions, and the advice about DDs. I'm not going to try for low DDs, but I believe if I have lower cals eod and LC, it will work fine at least for a while.

I just ate a LC thickburger from Hardee's and it was delicious!!! I don't really like bread anyway.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-19-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

I agree. if you do a down day, just don't go 'so far down'. keep it reasonable. also natural down days will come without having to play them.

I have 'natural down days' on lc. like today. I am not hungry. woke up not hungry, it is almost 1pm and all I ate was 3 little baby chicken wings hubby had leftover from last night. didn't really want them but I was kinda cleaning out the fridge so I heated them up

dinner tonight is a ribeye steak with garlic broccoli. won't be doing that til about 7 or so...this is a good easy low eating day for me.

I know you are going to do well. You sound 'in the zone' to find that way to get the scale moving down and a way to maintain for life.

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-19-2014 at 09:43 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

The thing that's been on my mind in the past few days and something I need to resolve is this: how do you have a high carb day every once in a while and get back on track? I went straight back to eating carbs day in and day out as soon as I had my first real ones last time. I know that every now and then I'm going to have a carby meal, whether I choose to, or it is unavoidable...like in February I am going to a fundraiser dinner and have seen the menu--every course is full of carbs. Plus, I am on the board that is sponsoring the dinner and each plate is $75.00.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #111
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Thanks, Trigger! You know, I did LC pretty successfully for 2 months before I came to JUDDD, and lost about 3 lbs a month, which is not gang busters losing, but then I don't lose fast. Thanks for all the meal suggestions, and the advice about DDs. I'm not going to try for low DDs, but I believe if I have lower cals eod and LC, it will work fine at least for a while.

I just ate a LC thickburger from Hardee's and it was delicious!!! I don't really like bread anyway.
That's funny. I just went to the Carl's Jr. site, before coming back here, to calculate a low carb guacamole bacon burger which is what I'm planning for lunch. Carl's Jr. and Hardee's are the same company.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

The burger I had was so much better without the bun. I could taste the pickles and red onions, and the crispy lettuce made a nice outer shell. I rarely can eat a whole burger and I suspect it's because of the bun. I had no problem eating all of this one!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

LG, in the beginning YOU CAN'T have that carby meal.

believe me it is lc all the way baby. A person must really get lc under their belt. get into good ketosis, get into good control longer and longer on plan......and when you do have that 'more carby' food a few months down the line-----make it REAL FOOD.

NOT cake, ice cream, packaged mac cheese, tons of pasta, bread, trip to any fast food and pig out, 1/2 a pizza etc.

start with a small baked potatoe with dinner. yup. eat REAL food carbs.
big old honking corn on the cob, on the grill, wrapped in foil with seasoning and butter
SOME delish fancy crackers you used to love. have with cheese or tuna as your carbier treat.
make a delish crab cake with 'some breadcrumbs' instead of the lower carb way.

what one shouldn't do is think they can 'have a day'. I tried. it doesn't work for the people WHO ARE TRULY carb sensitive. if you think you are, like I really am, then you have to be super selective on how you handle your 'eating higher carb days'.

My 'day' would be out to breakfast and of course have a load of hashbrowns or homefries, big buttermilk biscuit with my meal---lunch would be big burger with bun and fries---then since I blew it so bad, why not fried food with onion rings for dinner

eh, it don't work. will never work.....cause the next day I would start out bloated, stuffed, disgusted, saying only this ONE time.....and by afternoon I was like a rehab addict on crack shaking for more junk carbs. white knuckle thru and I am tired of that happening.

so now my heavier carbs days are 'carby but better carby carbs' HAHA sounds like a mouthful but I learned it has to be cleaner. I can't step over into the zone of carb madness from junk.

OK----Leo41 said something in another thread that got me thinking big time. It hit on somethign I have been thinking alot about.

When I read it, I kinda understand more about how I should be acting on my lc island.

this is lengthy, I am rambling away now HAHA

think of yourself on an lc island.

the people on the mainland are eating unhealthy, will accept more weight, less healthy benefits from good food. They eat junk, chemicals, tons of sugar. We CHOSE to move to the island into healthy eating. YET, in our mind we want to get back into the mainland group. we are lonely. they got more junk food options. they aren't having to discipline themselves like we do. they 'seem' very attractive. we want and beg to join YET we know we have to eat healthier for our well being. we know this, so instead of swimming to the mainland and eating their junk and giving up our responsibility to our health....we take a swim from the beach. not too far, the sharks are out there we eat a more healthier carby version. be satisfied with that. we don't go out too far cause of the dangers of what is out in that big bad sea to the mainland of carb junk. We have a nice swim, enjoy some healthier carby foods we can handle, don't tread water too long, keep it short cause we might get tired and drown. so back we go to our beach to relax on our lc island.

I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I am thinking more and more about 'going back to the mainland'---the junk foods, the misery I had eating there. I am starting to love my private island. heehee

I think key here is KNOW THY SELF and BE TRUE TO YOURSELF. then ACT UPON WHAT YOU KNOW WITH ALL YOUR HEART. about how you are with certain foods.

and if that change is truly wanted, in the end you come to terms on what you need to do in this life to keep your goal successful.
at least I am thinking more like that each day I stay on my lc.

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-19-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

oh, tell me the food on that plate. then maybe we can tell ya how to change things.

if necessary, I WOULD ASK and not think twice for a different meal. hey if someone is allergic to shrimp, would they eat seafood cause it was all that was offered on that plate? nope. they would ask for a substitution.

If you are carb sensitive and want a certain way to eat thru life and the plate was carby, I would ask for subs. if they won't do it, I would eat big before I went. big lc meal. I wouldn't touch that plate.

it comes down to how deep will you go for your convictions and what you want out of life? I guess LOL
Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
LG, in the beginning YOU CAN'T have that carby meal.

believe me it is lc all the way baby. A person must really get lc under their belt. get into good ketosis, get into good control longer and longer on plan......and when you do have that 'more carby' food a few months down the line-----make it REAL FOOD.

NOT cake, ice cream, packaged mac cheese, tons of pasta, bread, trip to any fast food and pig out, 1/2 a pizza etc.

start with a small baked potatoe with dinner. yup. eat REAL food carbs.
big old honking corn on the cob, on the grill, wrapped in foil with seasoning and butter
SOME delish fancy crackers you used to love. have with cheese or tuna as your carbier treat.
make a delish crab cake with 'some breadcrumbs' instead of the lower carb way.

what one shouldn't do is think they can 'have a day'. I tried. it doesn't work for the people WHO ARE TRULY carb sensitive. if you think you are, like I really am, then you have to be super selective on how you handle your 'eating higher carb days'.

My 'day' would be out to breakfast and of course have a load of hashbrowns or homefries, big buttermilk biscuit with my meal---lunch would be big burger with bun and fries---then since I blew it so bad, why not fried food with onion rings for dinner

eh, it don't work. will never work.....cause the next day I would start out bloated, stuffed, disgusted, saying only this ONE time.....and by afternoon I was like a rehab addict on crack shaking for more junk carbs. white knuckle thru and I am tired of that happening.

so now my heavier carbs days are 'carby but better carby carbs' HAHA sounds like a mouthful but I learned it has to be cleaner. I can't step over into the zone of carb madness from junk.

OK----Leo41 said something in another thread that got me thinking big time. It hit on somethign I have been thinking alot about.

When I read it, I kinda understand more about how I should be acting on my lc island.

this is lengthy, I am rambling away now HAHA

think of yourself on an lc island.

the people on the mainland are eating unhealthy, will accept more weight, less healthy benefits from good food. They eat junk, chemicals, tons of sugar. We CHOSE to move to the island into healthy eating. YET, in our mind we want to get back into the mainland group. we are lonely. they got more junk food options. they aren't having to discipline themselves like we do. they 'seem' very attractive. we want and beg to join YET we know we have to eat healthier for our well being. we know this, so instead of swimming to the mainland and eating their junk and giving up our responsibility to our health....we take a swim from the beach. not too far, the sharks are out there we eat a more healthier carby version. be satisfied with that. we don't go out too far cause of the dangers of what is out in that big bad sea to the mainland of carb junk. We have a nice swim, enjoy some healthier carby foods we can handle, don't tread water too long, keep it short cause we might get tired and drown. so back we go to our beach to relax on our lc island.

I know it sounds a bit crazy, but I am thinking more and more about 'going back to the mainland'---the junk foods, the misery I had eating there. I am starting to love my private island. heehee

I think key here is KNOW THY SELF and BE TRUE TO YOURSELF. then ACT UPON WHAT YOU KNOW WITH ALL YOUR HEART. about how you are with certain foods.

and if that change is truly wanted, in the end you come to terms on what you need to do in this life to keep your goal successful.
at least I am thinking more like that each day I stay on my lc.
soooooo me.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
oh, tell me the food on that plate. then maybe we can tell ya how to change things.

if necessary, I WOULD ASK and not think twice for a different meal. hey if someone is allergic to shrimp, would they eat seafood cause it was all that was offered on that plate? nope. they would ask for a substitution.

If you are carb sensitive and want a certain way to eat thru life and the plate was carby, I would ask for subs. if they won't do it, I would eat big before I went. big lc meal. I wouldn't touch that plate.

it comes down to how deep will you go for your convictions and what you want out of life? I guess LOL
It is a dinner where a celebrity chef is cooking all of the food, and it is a set menu. The seating is so limited that even the board members do not get in free. I was planning to skip it and didn't mind not going at *all* even before I decided to go LC. However, a couple of days ago a lady who is also on the board sent an email saying that she had bought a ticket for me. There are no substitutes for any of the foods, and anyone who buys a ticket knows in advance of the menu. I'll post the menu later. I don't think it will make or break me, because I really am committed this time.

P.S. I think it would be rude to the generous lady who purchased my ticket for me to not eat. It *is* a situation that I cannot avoid this time.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-19-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 01-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

well, now see, I would be rude lol literally.

but post the menu and best one can do if you really feel you must, is pick at the food.

I would say, not feeling 100%. Just not running on all cylinders today. just a taste. BUT EAT before you go. big lc meal. that way it is not inviting anyway. everyone understands when someone doesn't feel 100% well in their tummy

what you taste say YUM, I could wipe that off the plate if I was healthier today!!

LG, it is all a game. a game of give and take. how far can you go. what you must cave into for work, social situations etc. and how far are you willing to cave?

I think you will be fine thru it tho cause you sound like you are super commited!!
Old 01-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
soooooo me.
I know right?
when you finally face it, it does suck cause tons of foods come off the menu for life. but we will survive
Old 01-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think it would be rude to the generous lady who purchased my ticket for me to not eat. It *is* a situation that I cannot avoid this time.
I wouldn't offend the generous ticket buyer either. You can minimize the effect of the dinner by fasting all day and just eating that meal.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

I will probably do just that.