Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Purge the house!!! I have hidden the cajeta and put all of the nuts in the freezer in an outside building. I am ready for my first good UD since November. Come on Cindy we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I planned my menu but the started a big pot of bean soup since I found all kinds of dried beans, peas and lentils in my purge. Will only eat some if I can figure out the calorie count. I am determined to get back to 139. I worked too hard to get there last year and will not let this sugar problem defeat me.

All of us can do this as we have proven in the past. Just have to go through sugar detox.
We can DO it!!! I'm taking it one UD at a time.

Nancy, it may be that I can do a temporary LC "challenge" and get back on track. I doubt I'll try the fat fast though, although I won't be worried about how much fat I eat! As long as it's no more than 1800 calories.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-17-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Adi: I can never hide stuff from myself. I always remember where it is. I hid some awesome toffee after the holidays trying to only have a bit on UDs. Forget it. One day I just decided to eat the whole box and get it over with! It was not a huge box, but still.

Interestingly the scale was down a bit the next morning. I'm sure the gain showed up later on one of those days I hated the scale.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Adi: I can never hide stuff from myself. I always remember where it is. I hid some awesome toffee after the holidays trying to only have a bit on UDs. Forget it. One day I just decided to eat the whole box and get it over with! It was not a huge box, but still.

Interestingly the scale was down a bit the next morning. I'm sure the gain showed up later on one of those days I hated the scale.
I am a total "out of sight, out of mind" person. When I opened the freezer to hide the bag of pecans there sat a stack of little portion cups full of spoon fudge I had made and forgotten all about. The outside freezer is also locked so I have to be going to get something out of it to even be able to open it so that helps. As long as I have all of the "healthy" stuff in sight I am good. Poor DH will starve now.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am a total "out of sight, out of mind" person. When I opened the freezer to hide the bag of pecans there sat a stack of little portion cups full of spoon fudge I had made and forgotten all about. The outside freezer is also locked so I have to be going to get something out of it to even be able to open it so that helps. As long as I have all of the "healthy" stuff in sight I am good. Poor DH will starve now.
Oh, poor, poor hungry DH.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yamster wasn't it you who took the pizza out to the garbage so that you wouldn't eat it once?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
It always helps me to remind myself that I can make/buy the treat again. These are not the LAST s'mores cookies(the current treat in our house that I made for some friends who are coming over tonight) in the world. I can make them again any time I want to. I am just CHOOSING not to have them now.

Especially for me, right now, when I am focusing on my general well-being. I tell myself, I am refraining from those so I will feel better. It is not that I CAN'T have them.

Mind games. Sometimes they help.

Sometimes not.

But you can't win if you don't play!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yamster wasn't it you who took the pizza out to the garbage so that you wouldn't eat it once?
Back in the old days even the garbage would not stop me, I had to put things into the garbage disposal so there were no retrieval options!

I fell off the sugar free wagon yesterday in a huge way, I was pretty terrified I was stumbling,numb and tingly and couldn't stay awake, woke up this afternoon at 1 to heart palps,chest pain and feeling like I was being stabbed in my feet and legs. It is just now feeling like my blood sugar is back to normal and I feel like I dodged a bullet. fighting sugar cravings hard but I am back on plan and will not veer again!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #68

That sound scary MSN...
Old 01-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
It always helps me to remind myself that I can make/buy the treat again. These are not the LAST s'mores cookies(the current treat in our house that I made for some friends who are coming over tonight) in the world. I can make them again any time I want to. I am just CHOOSING not to have them now.

Especially for me, right now, when I am focusing on my general well-being. I tell myself, I am refraining from those so I will feel better. It is not that I CAN'T have them.

Mind games. Sometimes they help.

Sometimes not.

But you can't win if you don't play!
I like that. Definitely worth employing.

Quote:
I've heard of people pouring dish soap on top of food in the garbage so they can't retrieve it. I can understand it, but I've always found that eating it made it disappear too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
Back in the old days even the garbage would not stop me, I had to put things into the garbage disposal so there were no retrieval options!

I fell off the sugar free wagon yesterday in a huge way, I was pretty terrified I was stumbling,numb and tingly and couldn't stay awake, woke up this afternoon at 1 to heart palps,chest pain and feeling like I was being stabbed in my feet and legs. It is just now feeling like my blood sugar is back to normal and I feel like I dodged a bullet. fighting sugar cravings hard but I am back on plan and will not veer again!
Oh no! Are you diabetic? Thank goodness you are back on plan.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:28 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
[quote=SlowSure;16759196] We tend towards soup and a salad (also includes dishes like tapenade/ratatouille) with a protein or a selection of tapas size items on UDs. He's fine with this pattern of eating - it would be much harder to manage if he were not on board with it. I think downsizing from serving on dinner plates to thinking of several tapas-sized items has been tremendously helpful to us in managing how much we eat without thinking about it too much.[/QUOTE]

I have been doing this for a while on UDs. I have a meal of appetizers. I get to eat a little of a bunch of things. I enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
MSN08, it's strange but I see others saying it too--I can control my appetite on a DD, and I just do, and I have the same beverages (excluding alcohol) on DDs as UDs...I think it's getting started on junk food or sweets that sends my calories over the edge, because not only do I want that stuff I also want a real meal.
I don't drink, but does the alcohol play a role in the overeating after dinner? I'm sure that would be a problem for me if I drank.

It sounds like the LC is going well. I'll just send hugs!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:33 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Possibly, Carly. I have also had alcohol on DDs before, but rarely, and it didn't ignite hunger that I couldn't control. It's more that the calories are on top of other food and sweets, I think. Thank you for the support.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
Just this past week I started having high fasting sugar. I was diagnosed insulin resistant 3 years ago and did not take it seriously until this past week when I saw those scary numbers. I was dumb and I won't be that dumb again. It was truly scary.
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
I am going to cut out the white stuff (sugar, flour, bread) for as long as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm in the "cutting the white stuff" camp right now too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
ANYHOO, I know with my history that cutting white stuff out of my diet works immediately at getting rid of my cravings & crappy eating habits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh Cindy! I'm in with you guys on the avoiding the white stuff. I'm at the end of my 2 week Atkins routine, and I'm not going to restrict myself as strictly going forward, but I definitely want to keep those white foods at a minimum. That always helps me to keep things in control.
Ok, I'm going to have to admit that every time I read "white stuff" in this thread, which is a lot, I heard this in my mind.

"Weird Al" Yankovic: Off The Deep End - The White Stuff - YouTube

Now you can too.

Cindy, I hope you can regain the JUDDD zen and get to where you want.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL, Frosty. I couldn't listen to the whole song, but I gather he's talking about the "white stuff" in between oreos. I was relieved.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
LOL, Frosty. I couldn't listen to the whole song, but I gather he's talking about the "white stuff" in between oreos. I was relieved.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
oh my. i am sooooo one of those people who throw stuff away. or put it down the disposer. just yesterday i threw away a box of chocolate covered donuts that were calling to me. i then went INTO the garbage, took the donuts out of the box, (just cause they are in the garbage does NOT make them a no go!) threw them away again and smooshed them all.

it is pathetic how often i have to do stuff like that to maintain will power.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

No is not pathetic, Colleen. It is normal for people who struggle with their weight. We either don't buy anything that would trigger overeating, or we eat a small amount and get rid of it. I bought bf some candy today on my way home, but I know it will be gone by tomorrow lol. If not, it's a DD and I can handle it.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:11 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Writer Susan Moody has an amateur detective called Cassie Swann who is also a professional bridge player. Cassie is generously proportioned and has a weakness for tempting foods (not helped by a local farmer who wishes to be her swain and gives her constant presents of food and drink).

I don't remember which novel it is in which she yet again makes a resolution to lose weight and virtuously throws a Battenberg Cake into the kitchen bin before she eats any more of it. A day or so later, she's in need of comfort and the passage reads something like:
Quote:
I wouldn't want you to think that I'm the sort of woman who eats 3-day old Battenberg straight from the bin so we'll gloss over the next few minutes.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:57 AM   #79

Personally I loathe Battenberg cake.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:18 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Popping in to say and give where needed!

Personally, i'm at my wits ends with things. Unfortunately due to fatigue/adrenal issues, I really can't do any sort of extreme IF'ing for the time being, but I will be doing a Whole 30 (or 90 if im brave enough ) to reset my mind & body. If after that time, my body finds its groove and I can afford to do some calorie bouncing (although on W30, you DO NOT count a thing. Nothing. Just. Eat. Real. Food. Simple concept right? : ) then i'll join you gals (and lads...). Til then i'm just hanging out here just doing some internet people watching and cheering on where I can

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:26 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
I know I'm late to this thread but here's my 2 cents.

Sometimes when I keep trying to cut out "white" I get discouraged. I take a different approach by narrowing down my worst munching time - for me it's after dinner. If I can find an activity that forces me to be busy during my munching time - for just a few days - I find that instead of having the "head talk" about having enough willpower to get the cravings out of my system - my "head talk" is filled with whatever activity is taking place during my roughest times.

I know you aren't at the same "age" as I am - but for me offering to watch a 2 year old grandchild, or even signing up for an event - and even sometimes cleaning out a dirty basement for a few hours - all these activities take me away from my "normal" routine and I find that I didn't MISS the munching I had been doing - without relying solely on willpower to get through.

Hugs to you... we've all BTDT and we each need to find our way - you will find it! You will!

Last edited by Goner; 01-18-2014 at 04:27 AM..
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:39 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Lady KT, it's so good to see you!I will have to google "Whole 30" because it sounds interesting. I hope you can join us again soon, but until then, please post as often as you like. You're not required to eat like us to be our friends.

Goner, thanks for the suggestions. I use those kinds of distractions/tricks on DDs, but always have the thinking that I "should" be able to have some munchies, etc. on UDs lol. I have to get out of the mindset that UDs are free-for-alls and "rewards" for getting through DDs. Last night I had plenty of calories, but no sweets and nothing overtly carby. My "dessert" was avocado slices, a hunk of mozzarella and some smoked almonds. Probably more calories than a dessert, but it didn't cause me to hold onto a lot of water and have a huge gain today. Hope that continues.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 01-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
One of my danger times is right after I eat. Very easy for me to start looking around for more yummy things, unless I go and do something else away from the kitchen right away. When I am on my own, I get on the computer. In the evenings, with family, I try to sit down and watch tv and knit or play a game.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
One of my danger times is right after I eat. Very easy for me to start looking around for more yummy things, unless I go and do something else away from the kitchen right away. When I am on my own, I get on the computer. In the evenings, with family, I try to sit down and watch tv and knit or play a game.
Me too. I start looking for dessert.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
In January 2012 we were living in our house in the boonies. Several of DH's business associates had mailed us beautiful 2 pound boxes of Sees chocolates as holiday gifts. They are so decadent and I can't stay away from them if they are in the house. When our kids and grand kids were leaving after the holidays I tried desperately to send them home with them. They are all health conscious, didn't want the kids to have candy, Blah, Blah, Blah.

One morning, alone in the house, I noted there were three unopened boxes and one opened. I ate about 4 pieces. Then I tried putting them in the back of a cupboard. In the garage. Under the bed in the guest room. In my car trunk.

Finally, I pulled on a pair of sweats and drove 15 minutes to the county dump and threw them all down what I call the "Copper Chopper".

People said I should have given them to someone. (because they are expensive and I "wasted" a lot of money) Our closest neighbor is a diabetic and quite old. DH was out of town on a business trip so I couldn't send them with him to the office and I didn't want to go there in my pajamas or sweats that morning just to show up with candy! They might have turned me down anyway cos the front office is staffed by young weight conscious ladies.

So, you see, I had no choice! Throwing them in my trash would have done no good. I had to drive to the dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post

Hope you are feeling better now! That is frightening. I like the garbage disposal idea. Except we had septic and also 6 pounds of chocolates would take a while and I would have played the "one for you one for me game!"

I've heard of people pouring dish soap on top of food in the garbage so they can't retrieve it. I can understand it, but I've always found that eating it made it disappear too.

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
oh my. i am sooooo one of those people who throw stuff away. or put it down the disposer. just yesterday i threw away a box of chocolate covered donuts that were calling to me. i then went INTO the garbage, took the donuts out of the box, (just cause they are in the garbage does NOT make them a no go!) threw them away again and smooshed them all.

it is pathetic how often i have to do stuff like that to maintain will power.
I don't think it's pathetic! I think it's brave, creative, monumentally brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Writer Susan Moody has an amateur detective called Cassie Swann who is also a professional bridge player. Cassie is generously proportioned and has a weakness for tempting foods (not helped by a local farmer who wishes to be her swain and gives her constant presents of food and drink).

I don't remember which novel it is in which she yet again makes a resolution to lose weight and virtuously throws a Battenberg Cake into the kitchen bin before she eats any more of it. A day or so later, she's in need of comfort and the passage reads something like:
I loved that. So real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Popping in to say and give where needed!

Personally, i'm at my wits ends with things. Unfortunately due to fatigue/adrenal issues, I really can't do any sort of extreme IF'ing for the time being, but I will be doing a Whole 30 (or 90 if im brave enough ) to reset my mind & body. If after that time, my body finds its groove and I can afford to do some calorie bouncing (although on W30, you DO NOT count a thing. Nothing. Just. Eat. Real. Food. Simple concept right? : ) then i'll join you gals (and lads...). Til then i'm just hanging out here just doing some internet people watching and cheering on where I can
Hang out more! We want to keep in touch and hear how you are doing. We can all encourage each other no matter what we are dealing with. You have to do what you have to do to be well.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 01-18-2014 at 09:38 AM..
Old 01-18-2014, 10:34 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Yam....I'm picturing this fluffy fat raccoon jet-packing around the county dump with a goofy smile on its face on a sugar high!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Lady KT, it's so good to see you!I will have to google "Whole 30" because it sounds interesting. I hope you can join us again soon, but until then, please post as often as you like. You're not required to eat like us to be our friends.
You gals are the best!

Whole 30 is no joke. It's VERY clean eating. There's a w30 thread on the Paleo board.
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #88

Tell us how you are doing Katie, we love to help.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yes, Katie, don't be a stranger! You don't just stop being a JB (or our new term DODO - Day On Day Off) when you try something else. JB status is tenured.

I must admit, I'm very mixed about throwing out food. I have done it before, but I always feel so guilty about it. That's good money, it's food someone else could enjoy or might really need. I don't know, I guess growing up with my "depression children" parents rubbed off on me more than I realized.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #90

Yes, throwing food out is hard. I am just old enough to remember food rationing after the second world war.

But if your waistline depends on it....