Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Dawn, you must have looked like a super model!
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Nah, I was skin and bones. 120 looked better on me, still very thin, but borderline healthy looking. I remember thinking 130 was HUGE.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:03 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I saw a new low this morning — after a down day, and only 0.3 lower than the previous low, but still, after a month of 6:1 that was a surprise.

This month will be a bit mixed. I’m switching back to 5:2 but with some visitors and travel, I won’t necessarily get two down days in every week, and I’ll probably be eating more on the normal days, so we’ll see…
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:09 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Just came across a post about maintenance by SoHappy in the thread: Slim Body Fat Head - Arriving at Maintenance
Quote:
I think for myself, it was important to realize that maintenance isn't much different than being in a weight loss phase. I mean, I still eat my meals. I still eat pretty much the same foods. About the only thing that has changed is that the calories are higher in maintenance than during weight loss. Not a HUGE difference, but enough that it's rewarding. So maintenance is just.... continuing pretty much like I'd been doing.

I think a real mistake is ever thinking that *Once I hit my goal and am in maintenance, I will be free to relax and not worry about how I eat or how much I eat.. I'll be able to eat more and not have to count anything. Etc.* We all the time read posts where folks say, "I don't eat that now, but I will when I get to maintenance" or "I'm saving that for maintenance" "I'll add that back in at maintenance"... I'm thinking their maintenance is going to be a very shocking experience for them! Because it's really not all that different than what you have been doing during your weight loss period. It's just more of the same. At a little higher calorie level.

And I know there are those who stop much calorie counting in their maintenance, but I'm not one of them. Too easy to go too far off track, too often. I know myself well enough to know that I need to keep tabs on my portion sizes and overall calorie intake forevermore. ...I make sure I do counted Down Days almost all the time, and quite a few counted Up Days...I have to.

And some no longer do much weighing in on that bathroom scale once they've hit their goal. I would fail and fall if I didn't weigh in each morning. Every single morning. Because here's another thing. Maintenance isn't stable. At least not for me it isn't...
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:41 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have had to make much bigger changes in order to maintain with intermittent fasting than I did with LC. With LC my weight loss just stopped on its own. It was at a weight I was happy with, so I didn’t mind, but after a while I did need to limit calories as well as carbs to avoid gaining weight. With IF I’ve had to reduce the number of down days to stop my weight going down further. I haven’t counted yet at any stage, but I haven’t increased what I eat on either up or down days, just played with the number of each. (My down days are not as low as JUDDD, more like Mosely/Varady levels.)

I’m only a couple of months into maintenance this time, so it’s too soon to claim that what I’m doing works for the long term.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/134/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Thanks for posting that, SS. Very good info and so true!

Anybody know what happened to Pat (SoHappy)?
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
I miss seeing Pat's (SoHappy) posts!

Her input was always written with clarity and detail with so much common sense. She also had the ability to pull no punches in a very delicate manner.

I sure wish she'd come back even if it's for a short visit.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Totally agree^^^^^^^^^. Miss that lady lots

Hoping all is well with her.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #159

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Special lady Pat, So Happy. My mentor when I began to JUDDD. So much missed.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
I've been doing Fast 5 to maintain and loving it; it's more stabilizing for me than alternate day. I know I get to eat every day and I don't get so obsessed with food. I break my fast at 2.00pm with a serving of 90% dark choc and handful of almonds (both are appetite killers for me -so I'm not starving) and then have normal dinner later. Absolutely, unequivocably no eating after 7.00 pm. I'm find this to be the sweet spot for me in maintenance without too much suffering.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joanna
So happy to have found this thread. Stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost 50 pounds as of today. I'm 5'10 and 143 pounds. I started out at 193 on December 6th. I broke my ankle on Dec. 3rd and could see my weight going up and up if I let myself feel felt sorry for myself and ate tons of junk food. So I made the decision to start a diet and went low carb on 12/6. Stayed low carb for the few weeks(through surgery and recovery) then watched Eat, fast and live longer with Dr. Michael Mosely and started on 5:2 the next day. After 3 weeks, learned about alternate day fasting and switched to that plan. Love it! Best thing ever. But now I need to switch to maintenance but it makes me nervous. I like ADF. I like a 500 calorie day followed by a day where I eat what I want. But my husband worries I'm getting too thin. Someone here mentioned that unlike other diets that just slow as you approach goal, you keep losing on ADF. It's just that good LOL. I'm still losing 2-3 pounds a week. Still trying to figure things out.

My Journal:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...nny-jeans.html
50 pounds gone baby
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
So happy to have found this thread. Stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost 50 pounds as of today. I'm 5'10 and 143 pounds. I started out at 193 on December 6th. I broke my ankle on Dec. 3rd and could see my weight going up and up if I let myself feel felt sorry for myself and ate tons of junk food. So I made the decision to start a diet and went low carb on 12/6. Stayed low carb for the few weeks(through surgery and recovery) then watched Eat, fast and live longer with Dr. Michael Mosely and started on 5:2 the next day. After 3 weeks, learned about alternate day fasting and switched to that plan. Love it! Best thing ever. But now I need to switch to maintenance but it makes me nervous. I like ADF. I like a 500 calorie day followed by a day where I eat what I want. But my husband worries I'm getting too thin. Someone here mentioned that unlike other diets that just slow as you approach goal, you keep losing on ADF. It's just that good LOL. I'm still losing 2-3 pounds a week. Still trying to figure things out.
First of all, congratulations on reaching goal! Such amazing success in so short a time. Will you please tell us more about your journey? Did you count calories on your up days? Did you stick with 500 calorie down days the whole time? What were your typical down day meals and when you speak of eating what you want, what are your usual endulgences? Maybe your story can help some of us who are struggling.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
First of all, congratulations on reaching goal! Such amazing success in so short a time. Will you please tell us more about your journey? Did you count calories on your up days? Did you stick with 500 calorie down days the whole time? What were your typical down day meals and when you speak of eating what you want, what are your usual endulgences? Maybe your story can help some of us who are struggling.
I don't strictly count calories on my up days. I've been using a tracker site so I have a sense of what most of my snacks/meals contain calorie wise. I've calculated my TDEE just out of curiosity but really believe that if I'm strict on my fasting(down) days, I can eat what I like on my non fasting days. That is why I'll do this forever. I was so sick of believing that carbs were bad, or meat was bad, or grains were evil and when I cut out a complete category of food, I'd eventually fall off the wagon and stay off for months.

Down days? I started doing 500 calories, usually divided between lunch and dinner. One of my favorite down day meals to grab was a Wendy's side garden salad(no croutons or dressing) and a small chili. I'd pour the chili on the salad and have a delicious taco salad for just 200 cals. I also am a fan of high quality protein shakes. I'd whip up one for under 200 calories and it really satisfied me. So in the beginning I did a 200 calorie lunch and a 300 calorie dinner. These days, I find it pretty easy to do just one meal at night with my family. 500 cals can really fill up a plate. Piece of meat with a ton of steamed broccoli and a big salad. Some days I make it to 500 and some days are closer to 300 or 400. My appetite has really changed with intermittent fasting.

On my up(nonfasting) days, I eat what I want. I don't ever eat breakfast. I love coffee and enjoy that until 11 or 12. I'll eat burger and fries or pizza. Or turkey sandwich on whole grain bread. But I *only* eat when I'm hungry. I eat whatever it is I really want. I listen to my body and when I feel full or the food stops tasting really good, that's a cue I'm getting full and I put down my fork. For the first time in my life, I'll eat 1/2 a hamburger or 3 bites of a piece of cake. I don't let portions dictate how much I eat, I use hunger directed eating and it's made a huge difference for me on this journey. I read a book that helped change my relationship with food. It helps end binge eating and teaches you to do hunger directed eating. And that is the beauty of intermittent fasting. No one is telling you carbs are bad or cake is evil. You are only 1 day away from having whatever you want. Brilliant!!

Joanna
Old 04-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you. Very interesting and helpful. Please tell us the name of the book you read. I read everything I can get my hands on!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/134/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
I also am a fan of high quality protein shakes. I'd whip up one for under 200 calories and it really satisfied me.
Joanna
Wow, you've had some amazing results!!!

I have stayed with the 500 calorie DDs and now I often do between 500-600 (I'm in maintenance). I have tried lower calorie DDs and have seen no significant difference.

I'm really interested in what you put in your protein shake.

I have one for under 200 calories, also. Ingredients are egg sub, Torani syrup, coconut milk (I've found a very low-cal one), French vanilla protein powder, guar gum, vanilla extract, instant coffee, 3/4 oz. banana (does wonders for texture), and cocoa powder.
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:15 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just checking in with a progress report for the month.

At the beginning of April, I weighed about 113/114. The first half of the month we had visitors for nearly a week, then I went for a long weekend in France, with only one day in between, which was my birthday, so lots of food and wine! I didn’t even try to do any down days. For the second half of the month I’ve been doing 5:2. The highest weight I saw, just after getting back from France was 118.2. Most of it was presumably water, because it dropped fairly quickly to 115/116 ish, then more slowly over the next week or two to where it was before. It might have gone down a bit more, but it’s hard to tell among the daily fluctuations.

These are my readings for the 1st of each month so far this year:

Jan 120.2
Feb 116.8
Mar 114.6
Apr 114.3
May 112.9 (I did see numbers lower than this for a couple of days at the start of April — it’s not a new low.)
Old 05-01-2014, 03:59 AM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Looks like you are doing fantastic.

I've been having slightly higher DDs the last 2-3 weeks and it hasn't seemed to make a huge difference. When I say higher I still mean under 500, but that is quite a bit more than my standard 250 or so.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:09 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My down days have always been around 500. It seemed to work, so I never worried about trying to go lower than that.

Weíre going up to my parentsí for a few days tomorrow, to celebrate my fatherís 80th birthday, and have a friend coming to stay for the bank holiday weekend at the end of the month, so I hope the 5:2 this month will be enough compensate for that.

I tried on a dress this morning that Iíve had for ages ó I know I was still at school when I got it, so no more than 18. It was a very fitted one, and fabrics didnít stretch in those days! It fits fine over the hips and waist, but was a bit of a struggle to zip up over the chest. Oddly, over the years Iíve gone from A to F cup . Still, I suppose if there have to be some stubborn fat reserves, better there than on my tummy :roll eyes:.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

I was always a 34C, but when I got heavy I went up to a 42DD
I'm in a 34D now, so just like a got some excess skin on my stomach, thighs and upper arms... I got it there, too.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:00 AM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Iím in a 30F now .
Old 05-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #172

34-36 DD (some D's) here. I used to think the girls were huge, but now I've decided they're pretty proportionate. You ladies are tiny with your 30-34 bands! And yes, there's extra skin there too.

My current maintenance plan is HDE or IE. I've only been doing it a few days, but it feels really good and natural. JUDDD prepared me for it, as I can now really listen to my hunger signals and know when they're true hunger v's head hunger or appetite/desire for something. I'm very hopeful that this may be the last thing I need to try.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

I went to buy a new bra today. Picked up 5 or 6 34Ds to try on. None of them fit. I was like WTH. Looked at the tag on my bra and it said 34DD

Wishful thinking I guess. Needless to say I didn't get any new bras.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:14 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
I think bras are the hardest thing to shop for!
I know there are places that will 'fit' you, but I am so old and saggy I would die of embarrassment.
LOL
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:10 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Dawn - I agree completely. Intermittent fasting completely made doing HDE possible for me.
It made me really start to pay attention to my body and hunger/satiated signals.

I'm crazy jealous of the girls on here with the big racks! I went from an A cup to a couple of sad little tea bags. Tragic I tell ya!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/121/120
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Quote:
Dawn - I agree completely. Intermittent fasting completely made doing HDE possible for me.
It made me really start to pay attention to my body and hunger/satiated signals.
I've probably said it on another thread (or even here?) but I just wanted to chime in as someone else who finds intermittent fasting a good basis for HDE. Since people might think the two approaches sound contradictory, and since I haven't seen any "official" version that combines them, I figure we should support each other.
UtahDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:24 AM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5 - 117 p/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Would a thread for HDE be something others may benefit from also? I'd be interested!
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #178

Leona, I've thought about that as well, but wasn't sure where it would belong. There's a thread in the "Other Plans" section on intuitive eating.

ETA: Here's that link: Intuitive Eating 2014

Last edited by KeirasMom; 05-05-2014 at 11:34 AM..
Old 05-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/121/120
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
What about a thread on combining intuitive/hunger-directed eating with JUDDD and put it here?
UtahDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDesert View Post
What about a thread on combining intuitive/hunger-directed eating with JUDDD and put it here?
How would that work... I mean if I'm hungry on a DD do I just eat as much as I feel is necessary... may not be many DDs.