Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Planning to try JUDDD in a few days

I haven't started JUDDD yet, but was reading all the Amazon reviews on Dr. Johnson's book and brother, all those reviewers must be dishonest. They claimed DDs weren't bad after doing them a few days, that the body adjusts pretty fast. But reading the Thread on DD days here tells a different story. They sound pretty awful.

I think I'll start out eating salad all day on my DDs with soup for dinner and hope I'm not as miserable as many seem to be. I don't have that much to lose to get back into my Goal Range so hopefully this plan works for me. JUDDD interests me because it doesn't seem to be so restrictive on UDs although I see many do LC which is restrictive. The plan does seem to be good for a life-time plan.

I plan on ordering Dr. Johnson's updated book, but want to get started before I get it in another week.

Sharon
Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I would say that the reviewers probably weren't lying. They just were maybe the cross section of people who tried JUDDD for whom it worked.
Personally, I don't find DDs that hard. They aren't all roses and candy and butterflies, but they aren't torture either.
There are a lot of true life confessions here. So at least you'll know what to expect. JUDDD isn't fast, and its slower for those with less to lose so don't expect that you'll drop super fast. You may not at all, at first. Some don't for 2-4 weeks.
Just make sure your expectations are realistic, work the program and it will work for you!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I agree that DDs are not all that bad. I mean, we all have bad DDs, but not ALL DDs are bad. Maybe what you're sensing is that we vent when we're struggling a little bit. But I know I've rated many of my DDs as 5's and excellent. Don't go into it afraid it will be terrible. It's really not most of the time.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sharss
Stats: 5'6 1/2" 72yr 136/130/125/120
WOE: L-G Index Diet/HCG Drops
Start Date: Restarting 12/29/12
Thanks for the replies Yennie and LoCarbGal! Does make me feel better instead of dreading the DDs.

And thanks for the warning that it may take me longer to lose. That doesn't discourage me as I think I'll be happier eating on my UDs rather than the way I've been eating.

Sharss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharss View Post
Thanks for the replies Yennie and LoCarbGal! Does make me feel better instead of dreading the DDs.

And thanks for the warning that it may take me longer to lose. That doesn't discourage me as I think I'll be happier eating on my UDs rather than the way I've been eating.

Yup! And that is exactly why we're all (mostly) okay with the slower weight loss. Because we're only dieting every other day!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:05 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I do like to mecker a bit when I am having a bad Down Day. Somehow, I never seem to post 'Everything's going fine' even though that happens more often. There is an ADF thread on another forum I post on, and it has really gotten kind of boring, because most of our posts are of the 'everything's fine' variety. I guess people must tend not to mention when everything seems normal.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:30 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I don’t find down days bad. I don’t go as low as lots of people, but I tend not to post about them, because it’s pretty routine. There’s not much to say most of the time.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/149/140
WOE: JUDDD
Down days do get easier as time goes on. It just takes a little getting use to find. You'll have to find what works for you on DDs and work with that. Good luck! We're here for you!
MrsAndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I have the odd tough DD but I look forward to them as a rule. The are very Zen.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
I rarely post on the DD threads as I've been at this awhile now. Sometimes people just need to vent when they're having a particularly rough DD. (mine are usually due to hormonal times of the month, btw!) Once you find what works best for you on DDs, they DO get easier. I learned right away that as soon as I chew on something, I'm hungrier. Everyone's different! Keep an open mind and experiment. You'll find what works best for you, and hopefully come to love the plan as much as most of us do here. It's a lovely way to enjoy your life while managing your weight, too. Welcome to you!

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
I don't post on the DD threads very often, either. I'm still pretty new at this (since 11/12/13) but I find DDs easy and usually feel better on DDs than on UDs.

I don't eat or drink anything with calories on DDs and don't have any problem with it. Yeah, I get hungry on and off but it passes quickly. Also, since I eat nothing, I don't have the struggle of deciding what to eat and how much or have the struggle to stop eating. It's zero pressure. It also gives me an additional 500 calories to use on UDs.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sharon! When I first started JUDDDing in 2012 there were lots and lots of posts about people looking forward to DDs after they got the hang of it. We talked about the feeling of peace and the freedom of not having to stress over what to eat and what not to eat. DDs are simple. Lots of us feel energetic and peaceful and get a DD "high" .

For the first two weeks DDs can be tough. Our bodies are adjusting and the magic rescue gene has not had a chance to build up yet. When you get Dr. J's book you might want to read that chapter first. The Rescue Gene chapter. It really motivated me to stick with the plan in the beginning because there are so many proven benefits. You can also google SIRT1 and there is a lot of good reading on the Internet about research and why it's important to activate the "Silent Information Regulators" (SIR) in our bodies through calorie restriction and ADF. You could do that while you are waiting for the book.

Don't be a-feeeeeered! You are going to love this WOE. As Cindy says, you are only dieting half the time.

Now you have motivated me to start a new thread so people can post what they love about DDs. Again, Welcome!!!! So glad you are here with us.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I complain about DD's a lot, but it is not because I am hungry. I think they are not hard hunger-wise. I get stressed out at work and want to eat on days when I can't.

I just have to get over my stress eating and I will be golden.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Count me in as another who does not mind DD's. Usually when I post in the DD threads it is just my menu to keep myself accountable.
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
I wouldn't say DDs are easy, or that I don't get hungry... I do!
But it's never awful. I think I'm just so used to it, that I can say I'm not miserable on those days, and the overall WOE (for me) is very easy compared to restricting myself every single day for the rest of my life...

I find that when I'm really, really wanting to eat something, I can eat one cashew - it satisfies a need to just get a good taste in my mouth, and then I move on. I might eat 6-8 cashews in one day just to get me through. I know that wouldn't work for a some people, but it does for me, and I love when I can control those bites.

Last edited by Slimming-up; 01-16-2014 at 04:34 PM..
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
for the most part my DD's are pretty easy! like people said, you definitely have your days that are harder to get thru, but for the most part, i don't find them that horrible

glad to have you here!! jump on in with both feet!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote