Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Planning to try JUDDD in a few days (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/820998-planning-try-juddd-few-days.html)

Sharss 01-15-2014 09:01 PM

Planning to try JUDDD in a few days

I haven't started JUDDD yet, but was reading all the Amazon reviews on Dr. Johnson's book and brother, all those reviewers must be dishonest. They claimed DDs weren't bad after doing them a few days, that the body adjusts pretty fast. But reading the Thread on DD days here tells a different story. They sound pretty awful.

I think I'll start out eating salad all day on my DDs with soup for dinner and hope I'm not as miserable as many seem to be. I don't have that much to lose to get back into my Goal Range so hopefully this plan works for me. JUDDD interests me because it doesn't seem to be so restrictive on UDs although I see many do LC which is restrictive. The plan does seem to be good for a life-time plan.

I plan on ordering Dr. Johnson's updated book, but want to get started before I get it in another week.

Yennie 01-15-2014 09:23 PM

I would say that the reviewers probably weren't lying. They just were maybe the cross section of people who tried JUDDD for whom it worked.
Personally, I don't find DDs that hard. They aren't all roses and candy and butterflies, but they aren't torture either.
There are a lot of true life confessions here. So at least you'll know what to expect. JUDDD isn't fast, and its slower for those with less to lose so don't expect that you'll drop super fast. You may not at all, at first. Some don't for 2-4 weeks.
Just make sure your expectations are realistic, work the program and it will work for you!

LoCarbGal 01-15-2014 09:37 PM

I agree that DDs are not all that bad. I mean, we all have bad DDs, but not ALL DDs are bad. Maybe what you're sensing is that we vent when we're struggling a little bit. But I know I've rated many of my DDs as 5's and excellent. Don't go into it afraid it will be terrible. It's really not most of the time.

Sharss 01-15-2014 09:47 PM

Thanks for the replies Yennie and LoCarbGal! Does make me feel better instead of dreading the DDs.

And thanks for the warning that it may take me longer to lose. That doesn't discourage me as I think I'll be happier eating on my UDs rather than the way I've been eating.

:)

Yennie 01-15-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharss (Post 16759026)
Thanks for the replies Yennie and LoCarbGal! Does make me feel better instead of dreading the DDs.

And thanks for the warning that it may take me longer to lose. That doesn't discourage me as I think I'll be happier eating on my UDs rather than the way I've been eating.

:)

Yup! And that is exactly why we're all (mostly) okay with the slower weight loss. Because we're only dieting every other day!!

Sirtain 01-16-2014 04:05 AM

I do like to mecker a bit when I am having a bad Down Day. Somehow, I never seem to post 'Everything's going fine' even though that happens more often. :) There is an ADF thread on another forum I post on, and it has really gotten kind of boring, because most of our posts are of the 'everything's fine' variety. I guess people must tend not to mention when everything seems normal.

Ailuros 01-16-2014 04:30 AM

I don’t find down days bad. I don’t go as low as lots of people, but I tend not to post about them, because it’s pretty routine. There’s not much to say most of the time.

MrsAndi 01-16-2014 04:54 AM

Down days do get easier as time goes on. It just takes a little getting use to find. You'll have to find what works for you on DDs and work with that. Good luck! We're here for you!

Kissa 01-16-2014 12:59 PM

I have the odd tough DD but I look forward to them as a rule. The are very Zen.

Flutter 01-16-2014 01:38 PM

I rarely post on the DD threads as I've been at this awhile now. Sometimes people just need to vent when they're having a particularly rough DD. (mine are usually due to hormonal times of the month, btw!) Once you find what works best for you on DDs, they DO get easier. I learned right away that as soon as I chew on something, I'm hungrier. Everyone's different! Keep an open mind and experiment. You'll find what works best for you, and hopefully come to love the plan as much as most of us do here. It's a lovely way to enjoy your life while managing your weight, too. :heart: Welcome to you!

FrostyBeav 01-16-2014 01:45 PM

I don't post on the DD threads very often, either. I'm still pretty new at this (since 11/12/13) but I find DDs easy and usually feel better on DDs than on UDs.

I don't eat or drink anything with calories on DDs and don't have any problem with it. Yeah, I get hungry on and off but it passes quickly. Also, since I eat nothing, I don't have the struggle of deciding what to eat and how much or have the struggle to stop eating. It's zero pressure. It also gives me an additional 500 calories to use on UDs. :up:

Yam-Yam 01-16-2014 02:04 PM

:welcome:Sharon!:hiya: When I first started JUDDDing in 2012 there were lots and lots of posts about people looking forward to DDs after they got the hang of it. We talked about the feeling of peace and the freedom of not having to stress over what to eat and what not to eat. DDs are simple. Lots of us feel energetic and peaceful and get a DD "high" .

For the first two weeks DDs can be tough. Our bodies are adjusting and the magic rescue gene has not had a chance to build up yet. When you get Dr. J's book you might want to read that chapter first. The Rescue Gene chapter. It really motivated me to stick with the plan in the beginning because there are so many proven benefits. You can also google SIRT1 and there is a lot of good reading on the Internet about research and why it's important to activate the "Silent Information Regulators" (SIR) in our bodies through calorie restriction and ADF. You could do that while you are waiting for the book.

Don't be a-feeeeeered!:D You are going to love this WOE. As Cindy says, you are only dieting half the time.

Now you have motivated me to start a new thread so people can post what they love about DDs. Again, Welcome!!!! So glad you are here with us.

Low Carb Librarian 01-16-2014 04:02 PM

I complain about DD's a lot, but it is not because I am hungry. I think they are not hard hunger-wise. I get stressed out at work and want to eat on days when I can't.

I just have to get over my stress eating and I will be golden.

handbells 01-16-2014 04:26 PM

Count me in as another who does not mind DD's. Usually when I post in the DD threads it is just my menu to keep myself accountable.

Slimming-up 01-16-2014 04:33 PM

I wouldn't say DDs are easy, or that I don't get hungry... I do!
But it's never awful. I think I'm just so used to it, that I can say I'm not miserable on those days, and the overall WOE (for me) is very easy compared to restricting myself every single day for the rest of my life...

I find that when I'm really, really wanting to eat something, I can eat one cashew :laugh: - it satisfies a need to just get a good taste in my mouth, and then I move on. I might eat 6-8 cashews in one day just to get me through. I know that wouldn't work for a some people, but it does for me, and I love when I can control those bites.

mafiamom 01-16-2014 05:21 PM

for the most part my DD's are pretty easy! like people said, you definitely have your days that are harder to get thru, but for the most part, i don't find them that horrible ;)

glad to have you here!! jump on in with both feet!