Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Survived 3rd DD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/820654-survived-3rd-dd.html)

SuziD 01-10-2014 02:19 PM

Survived 3rd DD
 
Hi all,
Today is my 3rd DD. Coping ok, first couple I only had around 200 cals with just hot drinks and 1 slimasoup. Felt ok but really struggled today so had some popcorn.
Looking forward to UD tomoz. Cooking a healthyish curry!
Looking for support and people who can give me a boost!
Xxx

mafiamom 01-10-2014 02:28 PM

congrats on a very successful few days!!! sounds like you are totally getting into the swing of things. the DD's will get easier, promise!

keep up the good work :)

Librarygirl 01-10-2014 02:40 PM

:jumpjoy: Good job! You've come to the right place for support!:high5:

I just wish you hadn't mentioned popcorn.:o:hyst: I may cave and eat some!

SuziD 01-10-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafiamom (Post 16751397)
congrats on a very successful few days!!! sounds like you are totally getting into the swing of things. the DD's will get easier, promise!

keep up the good work :)

Thank u so much! I've read that it will take a couple of weeks to completely get used to it but I already feel less bloated! Looking forward to weigh in on Monday but struggling to stay off the scales.
You have done amazing, btw :)

LoCarbGal 01-10-2014 02:54 PM

WTG Suzi! You're doing great! :jumpjoy:

I had to giggle about your slimasoup. When I read that, in my head it sounded like "slime-a-soup" and I thought, "Ewww, that would definitely kill the DD appetite. What the heck is that?" :hyst:

I get it now. Slim-a-soup. Duh. :doh:

SuziD 01-10-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16751418)
:jumpjoy: Good job! You've come to the right place for support!:high5:

I just wish you hadn't mentioned popcorn.:o:hyst: I may cave and eat some!

Lol! I'm sorry! It was good! But made DH eat half so I didn't feel too be about it!
Xxx

Slimming-up 01-10-2014 02:58 PM

Popcorn was my lifesaver in the early days! (100 calorie bags)

SuziD 01-10-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16751452)
WTG Suzi! You're doing great! :jumpjoy:

I had to giggle about your slimasoup. When I read that, in my head it sounded like "slime-a-soup" and I thought, "Ewww, that would definitely kill the DD appetite. What the heck is that?" :hyst:

I get it now. Slim-a-soup. Duh. :doh:

To be fair it did resemble slime! Not the best!! :)

SuziD 01-10-2014 03:04 PM

Unsure why my pic isn't showing? Cos I'm on a mobile maybe? Oh well
Yes popcorn is a lovely snack. X

SlowSure 01-10-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuziD (Post 16751459)
To be fair it did resemble slime! Not the best!! :)

Ainsley Harriott's soups are decent in a pinch if you prefer a packet soup. (And assuming it wasn't something to which you'd added powdered konjac/glucomannan as that does make things slimy. :) )

DH and I had some tomato and vegetable soup from the freezer this evening - popped in some shirataki noodles to increase the volume. Very enjoyable - we're trying to eat up the contents of the fridge and freezer in a way that's compatible with DDs at present as we're moving near to Hoxton tomorrow (short-term).

Well done on managing your 3 DD and :welcome: to JUDDD - I hope you find that it suits you.

SuziD 01-10-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16751478)
Ainsley Harriott's soups are decent in a pinch if you prefer a packet soup. (And assuming it wasn't something to which you'd added powdered konjac/glucomannan as that does make things slimy. :) )

DH and I had some tomato and vegetable soup from the freezer this evening - popped in some shirataki noodles to increase the volume. Very enjoyable - we're trying to eat up the contents of the fridge and freezer in a way that's compatible with DDs at present as we're moving near to Hoxton tomorrow (short-term).

Well done on managing your 3 DD and :welcome: to JUDDD - I hope you find that it suits you.

Home made is much better. Yours sounds lovely. Think I will make some butter squash soup tomoz. Yum! X

JayLynn 01-10-2014 03:18 PM

Welcome to JUDDD, SuziD. You will love it here. This is the best informative and supportive group on the internet.

SuziD 01-10-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayLynn (Post 16751493)
Welcome to JUDDD, SuziD. You will love it here. This is the best informative and supportive group on the internet.

Thank u! I feel much better already. DH is doing this as well but as typical with men he has lost 3/4 stone since jan 1st! I didn't start till 6th so am lagging behind but I know my loss won't be as much as that even though I have more to lose! What a sod!
So am happy to be here surrounded by people going through the same thing xxx

mafiamom 01-10-2014 03:38 PM

men. they have no idea how easy they have it!

Sirtain 01-10-2014 04:12 PM

Good job for getting through your first days, SuziD! It WILL get easier and easier. You might like to read through some of our journals, to see what our experiences were, in the first days. I always find that encouraging. And keep posting! Staying in touch with people on the forum really helps keep your focus and motivation up.

gotsomeold 01-11-2014 06:46 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Great start SuziD! You are going to rock JUDDD.

As you say, just listen when your DH reports his weight loss....and smile. It is not a race (which males always seem to win) it is an adventure!

SuziD 01-12-2014 01:42 AM

Lol, yes I will just smile (through gritted teeth!!)

Will defo check out some jounals, would be really useful to know how other people got on as well.

Was an UD yesterday, bit worried I went overboard but I didn't snack and the curry was home made. Will have to be extra good today. Will make this a no food down day, maybe just a cuppa soup. Actually not hungry at all....

itsmeshelly01 01-12-2014 06:06 AM

Welcome Suzi!!!

It really does get easier after a couple weeks but there are still some that are harder than others.
Men do have it so much easier than woman but there are so many ways that have it much better too!!! If any of you guys watch Masters of Sex you know what I'm talking about. :) :) :) :)

JMBM 01-12-2014 11:52 AM

Great job! KUTGW!:jumpjoy:

Kissa 01-12-2014 12:03 PM

Hi Suzi, another Brit! Lovely to have you with us. You are doing great, good to have your DH doing it with you.

Carly 01-12-2014 03:41 PM

:welcome:! It sounds like you are off to a great start!

mafiamom 01-12-2014 07:38 PM

KUTGW

i love how that is glosseried!

SuziD 01-13-2014 10:54 PM

Lost 3lb last week so really pleased with that. Am hoping for 2lb by sat. Think my biggest problem has always been giving up if I don't see massive losses straightaway which is a habit I'm trying to break. So am doing mini goals and taking it from there.
Struggled on DD yesterday and had some cheese on toast in the evening but not a disaster!
Hope everyone has a good day, be it up or down!! Xxx

Kissa 01-14-2014 04:38 AM

If you post on our Daily weigh in thread you will see how patience and perseverance are paramount in this as in any weight loss plan.

But on this plan you are only dieting half the time!

SuziD 01-14-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16755909)
If you post on our Daily weigh in thread you will see how patience and perseverance are paramount in this as in any weight loss plan.

But on this plan you are only dieting half the time!

And that is key for me I think! Thanks :)

Yam-Yam 01-14-2014 03:25 PM

Congrats on your 3 lb loss, Suzi! That's awesome for your first week. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

SuziD 01-14-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 16756945)
Congrats on your 3 lb loss, Suzi! That's awesome for your first week. :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

Thank u very much! I can see you are doing really well xxx


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 AM.