Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Restarting - Day 5 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/820632-restarting-day-5-a.html)

Kaos0100 01-10-2014 06:04 AM

Restarting - Day 5

I'm one of those people who weighs twice a day...once in the morning as my official weigh-in and once in the afternoon when I get home from work....just to satisfy my curiosity. But, this is a bad thing. If I'm losing, I'm happy. If I'm staying the same or gaining, I'm not happy. But...I'm wondering if I should only weigh once a week and if so, can I actually do it without going crazying wondering how I'm doing.

That said....today is day 5 of my re-start and I've lost 10 pounds. Yes, I know it's water weight.

Eieio 01-10-2014 06:31 AM

10# so great!
Weighting often, It's a habit.
I would do just like u if I weighted CONSTANTLY and that's what u are doing.
How about tapering off on weighing?
Weigh every other day to start.
It's just a habit u can change. It's really for your best to weight less times, like once a week.
I know it's so easy to jump on the scale, but it's not needed now....honestly wish u luck:)
10#!

Lemontini 01-10-2014 06:38 AM

10 lbs is great, congrats!!

I used to weigh myself multiple times a day too, drove myself nuts. I put the scale in the basement instead of the bathroom so I don't see it all the time and get the urge to jump on it again and again.

slimlizzie 01-10-2014 06:39 AM

Weighing everyday keeps me on track

Librarygirl 01-10-2014 06:47 AM

I weigh every morning and some days I weigh again in the afternoon or evening. It does affect my mood sometimes, but usually I just file it mentally and carry on. If it's driving you crazy, then you might have answered your own question...:hugs: Congrats on the 10-lb loss!! Incredible!:jumpjoy:

mafiamom 01-10-2014 06:54 AM

i weigh once every day. in the morning. stark naked. sometimes i even take off my earrings.

for me, i am doing it so i have some sort of clue, come maintenance, what makes me lose and what derails me.

10 lbs is absolutely awesome, no matter what material form it takes!!! good for you, and keep it up.

JMBM 01-10-2014 07:44 AM

Yep morning for me too. Undies only.:D

Colleen - :hyst: on the earrings. Too funny. I use to weigh in with a tshirt and undies then I decided that the shirt needed to go. Didn't figure undies could contribute very much.:o

LoCarbGal 01-10-2014 09:51 AM

Karen, that's wonderful! 10 pounds, and you know, it can't ALL be water! You're losing the fat, baby!

I just have to give another plug for not weighing. I mean, I'm curious all the time. Sometimes I think, oh I'll just jump on the scale and see. But the mental peace has been a real gift, and in a strange way, I think it's increased my focus on staying on plan. I do plan to go back to weighing regularly after this month, but I'm not sure I'll go back to daily. It was just consuming me. And to have your mood affected by a number....:stars:

As for weighing, first thing in the morning, after....you know, all jewelry off, stark naked, no hair ties or clips, blow a big breath out. We've also joked about blowing your nose and clipping your toenails. No, I don't do that. Really.

FrostyBeav 01-10-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16750972)
As for weighing, first thing in the morning, after....you know, all jewelry off, stark naked, no hair ties or clips, blow a big breath out. We've also joked about blowing your nose and clipping your toenails. No, I don't do that. Really.

Oh! Good idea!

I don't know why anyone would want to weigh later in the day. You are almost guaranteed to weigh more then due to any ingested liquids or foods. :dunno:

Kaos0100 01-10-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 16751015)
Oh! Good idea!

I don't know why anyone would want to weigh later in the day. You are almost guaranteed to weigh more then due to any ingested liquids or foods. :dunno:

Actually, every day this week, I've weighed less in the afternoon than in the morning. I know that won't last though.

mafiamom 01-10-2014 10:18 AM

^^^ this. it's downright masochistic ;)

Yam-Yam 01-10-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Karen, that's wonderful! 10 pounds, and you know, it can't ALL be water! You're losing the fat, baby!

I just have to give another plug for not weighing. I mean, I'm curious all the time. Sometimes I think, oh I'll just jump on the scale and see. But the mental peace has been a real gift, and in a strange way, I think it's increased my focus on staying on plan. I do plan to go back to weighing regularly after this month, but I'm not sure I'll go back to daily. It was just consuming me. And to have your mood affected by a number....:stars:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: clipping toenails :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yam-Yam 01-10-2014 11:38 AM

Congratulations on the 10 pound loss!!!!!!!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Even if a lot of it is water, that's what has to happen in the beginning for the process to work! And, probably half of it is fat so Yippeeeee! Good for you, that's a great start!!!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::cool:

Instead of going cold turkey and weighing once a week, maybe you should just ease into it.

Start with once a day instead of twice. Then only after DDs for a while and see how you like it.

Personally? I don't see any thing wrong with weighing as many times as you want per day. It's just a number. If I'm working on it, it just helps me assess what's going on.

I'm able to stay away when I need to. For instance I realized that after my last UD I weighed and got bummed by the +2 lb. bounce. So, after yesterday's UD I decided I'll stay away from the scale until I get this really good DD under my belt. It's motivating me to have a super low DD so I'll be happy with the scale tomorrow.

Have to admit though, because of my unrealistic but real feelings of anxiety about the bounce after that UD, on the night of the following DD I woke up in the night several times ( to use the facilities 'cos I had downed so much lemon water) and used my little flash light to weigh and make sure it was going back down. I'm not going to feel dumb or obsessive about weighing in the middle of the night. I rarely ever do that but I needed to for my peace of mind.

Do whatever works best for you. You can always change course. If not weighing makes you crazy then weigh. If weighing makes you crazy then don't weigh. Just don't go crazy!

Joyjoy 01-11-2014 07:12 AM

There's a great shot for a film: Yam peeing in the dark and then getting on her scale with the little flashlight beam. Priceless.
You guys are the best.
:):heart:

calichris 01-11-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

You know, you have me thinking over here, Carol. The bodyfat testing guy -- and the guy I chatted with when I was waiting who tests regularly -- don't even use the scale any more. They say, just go by occasional body fat testing and the fit of your clothes. Hmmmm.

Carly 01-11-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Oh! Good idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaos0100 (Post 16751019)
Actually, every day this week, I've weighed less in the afternoon than in the morning. I know that won't last though.

I weigh on average 3 pounds less at 9pm than 5am- UD/DD doesn't matter. If I'm 126.5 at 5:30am I can be sure I'll be under 124 that night. I think this is due to medication I take at night and that I pee about 12-18 times per day... Yeah... Crazy!

I can weigh 3x a day and then not for 3 days. Just depends, but doesn't effect my mood either way. I just think it's a tool in my arsenal to keep my weight where I want it.

Librarygirl 01-12-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Oh! Good idea!

I usually only weigh in the afternoons on DDs. Most of the time I weigh exactly the same as I did in the morning, and sometimes less. If I weigh the same, then I know I'll probably be down by at least 2 lbs the next day, and if I weigh less, then maybe more. ;)

mafiamom 01-12-2014 09:02 AM

hmmm. i might start weighing later on DD's myself! i always weigh in the morning and that's it. period.

Librarygirl 01-12-2014 09:08 AM

I didn't mean to cause compulsive behavior in others. :D

Kissa 01-12-2014 12:23 PM

Yay Karen, I am so pleased you are losing well this time.