Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaos0100
Stats: 415/269/
WOE: JUDDD - started 6/25/12
Start Date: 3/27/12
Pterostilbene Dosage Limit

I've got the 150 mg. tablets and from what I've read, that's what most people are taking. Can you take more and if so, does it help? Or is 150 mg. the maximum dosage anyone should have?
Kaos0100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I've only ever taken the 150mg, so I'm no help. I really feel this dose is doing what I need it to as far as appetite suppression. It doesn't totally kill it, but I can get through a DD pretty well most of the time. I'll be interested if anyone has any further information about dosage and benefits.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
i take 150 of true ptero, but i also take one capsule of resveratrol with ptero. but the dosage of the ptero in the second supplement is only .25 mg
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
On everyone's recommendation, I've been taking 150 because that seems to be the "magic number".

One day I did take an extra 50 mg and didn't have any bad side effects.

One of the reviewers on amazon said it's safe to take up to 250 mgs, but she didn't give any source for that info. Maybe it was just from personal experience.

Maybe I'll google side effects and see what I can find. I'll let you know if I find anything on that.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! There are a lot of great articles on the web about pterostilbene!!

I'm never sure what we are allowed to link to, so I'll just say you should google: "pterostilbene dosage" and "pterostilbene side effects" and start clicking on some of the links. Very good informative reading!

"Pterostilbene Dosage Information

The suggested daily dosage is between 100 to 250mg for adults. You should reach these amounts by taking a single 50 to 125mg capsule twice daily.
[7]"

I got that from one of the health sites, so there ya go!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Another quote from same article:

Safety and Side Effects of Pterostilbene

This nootropic is regarded as being completely safe and there have been no reported side effects.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
oh how i love people who love research thanks for looking that up!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Yam Yam I was just looking at the same thing....lol

I am going to start with the 150 and then maybe up it. But I bought the 150mg pills so maybe I can half the pill? I will have to see what it looks like. I'm ready to get mine now!!
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

I might up mine on the DDs and down the dose on the UDs. Seems like we want SIR activated more on the DDs but not as much on the UDs?
Old 01-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Last year when I tried ptero I was only taking 100 mg in the a.m. and didn't notice anything so stopped.

Now this is the third day I have taken 150 right when I get up and definitely notice more energy and less "gotta eat" feelings.

I look forward to seeing its anti-aging effects too.

Now I have to do some research. I'm really curious as to what this stuff has to make it so amazing.
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Jan: Gosh. See? It seems like 150 might be the magic number. I enjoyed reading the article that was posted on the other Ptero thread and I even sent it to my DIL who is a P.A. and she was fascinated by it.

I'm sending her links to some of the interesting articles I've read today. So far, I have not found ANY not ANY reports anywhere of side effects. Though some articles said not enough studies have yet been done to know if there are significant side effects. But, apparently plenty of studies have been done to show it's disease fighting and reverse or anti-aging effects.

Wondering if this was a coincidence: Sunday morning after church I was chatting with a lady I don't know real well but we were asking each other about how many grand kids we have, etc. All of a sudden she stopped me and said, "You have the most beautiful complexion I've ever seen! Your skin is just beautiful and glowing."

Hmmmmmmmmmm....That was after a week of upping my dose to 150 per day. Coincidence? Is it making my skin look younger? I've always had nice skin but it's been a while since someone pointed it out.

I'm gonna keep taking the 150 dose of ptero. I also notice the appetite suppression and I think it helps me handle stress better.

LOL! I had a good chance to prove that today! Had a lot of stress this morning and I managed to refrain from hitting anyone over the head with an iron skillet!!! (Only kidding! I would never do that! But I would fantasize about it!)

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I keep forgetting to take mine, but I haven't noticed any real appetite suppression either. Although maybe it would have helped today! I've been uber hunger (to use Flutter's word )
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Jan: Gosh. See? It seems like 150 might be the magic number. I enjoyed reading the article that was posted on the other Ptero thread and I even sent it to my DIL who is a P.A. and she was fascinated by it.

I'm sending her links to some of the interesting articles I've read today. So far, I have not found ANY not ANY reports anywhere of side effects. Though some articles said not enough studies have yet been done to know if there are significant side effects. But, apparently plenty of studies have been done to show it's disease fighting and reverse or anti-aging effects.

Wondering if this was a coincidence: Sunday morning after church I was chatting with a lady I don't know real well but we were asking each other about how many grand kids we have, etc. All of a sudden she stopped me and said, "You have the most beautiful complexion I've ever seen! Your skin is just beautiful and glowing."

Hmmmmmmmmmm....That was after a week of upping my dose to 150 per day. Coincidence? Is it making my skin look younger? I've always had nice skin but it's been a while since someone pointed it out.

I'm gonna keep taking the 150 dose of ptero. I also notice the appetite suppression and I think it helps me handle stress better.

LOL! I had a good chance to prove that today! Had a lot of stress this morning and I managed to refrain from hitting anyone over the head with an iron skillet!!! (Only kidding! I would never do that! But I would fantasize about it!)
I'm really lovin' on the energy boost....hope I see the complexion benefits in a week or two. I have very few wrinkles for my age, but would really like to have more even skin tone and a bit smaller pores. Is that too much to ask? lol

This morning I had a boiled egg and some coffee with co. And I quite amazingly forgot to eat until about 4 when my tummy started to talk to me a bit.

Can't say its all because of the ptero, but who knows. And I certainly won't rule it out. I just ordered more from swansons along with resveratrol and a few other things. I swear soon I'll be taking more supps than food!

Cindy, put it by your bathroom sink so you see it first thing in the morning when you go to the bathroom. It seems like if I take it later in the morning it doesn't work quite so good.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 01-08-2014 at 08:13 PM..
Old 01-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
I usually take 2 150 mg capsules in the midmorning on DD's and one 150 mg capsule on UD's. The 2 on DD's really helps with appetite control
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Well I finally placed my order. I ordered from the B1G2 site although, I must confess, I almost did not. Here's why:
The slogan on their website reads "Vitamins Because Your Worth It"
No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vitamins Because YOU'RE Worth It
Your, you're, there, their and they're are my BIGGEST pet peeves EVER! Makes me crazy. Especially for a business.
Oh, and inappropriate apostrophes also make me batty!

ETA: tweek, tweek, tweek I just got my confirmation email and it says "...on you're bank account." Oh man, I seriously need to have a chat with whomever is doing the copy editing for this place!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.

Last edited by Yennie; 01-08-2014 at 11:02 PM..
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Well I finally placed my order. I ordered from the B1G2 site although, I must confess, I almost did not. Here's why:
Your, you're, there, their and they're are my BIGGEST pet peeves EVER! Makes me crazy. Especially for a business.

ETA: tweek, tweek, tweek I just got my confirmation email and it says "...on you're bank account." Oh man, I seriously need to have a chat with whomever is doing the copy editing for this place!
Yennie, I COMPLETELY agree. The misuse of "your" and "you're" is also one of my biggest pet peeves. Even people who are seemingly intelligent can't get it right.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:16 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the responses. My 150 mg. pills are capsules, so I can't split them, but I may take 2 for 300 mg. on DD's and see what happens.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:34 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I'm really lovin' on the energy boost....hope I see the complexion benefits in a week or two. I have very few wrinkles for my age, but would really like to have more even skin tone and a bit smaller pores. Is that too much to ask? lol

This morning I had a boiled egg and some coffee with co. And I quite amazingly forgot to eat until about 4 when my tummy started to talk to me a bit.

Can't say its all because of the ptero, but who knows. And I certainly won't rule it out. I just ordered more from swansons along with resveratrol and a few other things. I swear soon I'll be taking more supps than food!

Cindy, put it by your bathroom sink so you see it first thing in the morning when you go to the bathroom. It seems like if I take it later in the morning it doesn't work quite so good.
Good idea, and I will take it for the other benefits alone anyway. Who couldn't use less wrinkles? I have pretty good skin too and few wrinkles and would like to keep it that way as long as possible.

And Jen, I feel ya on the incorrect punctuation. Drives me batty as well. Although, I see many silly spelling mistakes in my own comments quite often. I don't think I'll ever make the your/you're mistake, however.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Quote:

that almost stopped me in my tracks too!! It's one of those things that sets off my radar when I'm already less than confident about a site.
If it weren't for others here who've ordered from them, I might have passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos0100 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. My 150 mg. pills are capsules, so I can't split them, but I may take 2 for 300 mg. on DD's and see what happens.
You can open a capsule and divide the contents if it's not a drug with specific instructions not to - like sustained release or something. I'm sure it would be no problem with a supplement like this.
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:

This really drove me nuts, too...but then the "...on you're bank account," is really crazy!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:40 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
that almost stopped me in my tracks too!! It's one of those things that sets off my radar when I'm already less than confident about a site.
If it weren't for others here who've ordered from them, I might have passed.

You can open a capsule and divide the contents if it's not a drug with specific instructions not to - like sustained release or something. I'm sure it would be no problem with a supplement like this.
I suppose you could but that's too much trouble as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:

Probably hired the teenage grandson.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosejim
Stats: 180/134.6/130
WOE: Atkins not working trying JUDDD
Start Date: April 5, 2013 JUDDD
Quote:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! That drives me CRAZY!!!!
rosejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yep, that almost stopped me the first time too, Jen. I had to tell myself "Their ability to properly use the English language has no bearing on how effective they are at providing good quality supplements."

or should I say....

"There ability to properly use the English language has no baring on how affective they are....."

I do love their products, so I'm giving them a pass on this one. I guess.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Well no worries.... young kids today won't know anything about spelling or grammar before long anyway. They'll convert the whole language into OMG's LOL's IDK's WTH's and so on and so on
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Probably hired the teenage grandson.

Quote:
Well no worries.... young kids today won't know anything about spelling or grammar before long anyway. They'll convert the whole language into OMG's LOL's IDK's WTH's and so on and so on
It's true!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Not to mention the autocorrect my iPad does. If I don't catch it I have some very odd sentences!
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
r u sure?

Totally agree!!!
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #29
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That put me off too, but the stuff works, lol.

Demonica seems to be the only one taking more than the 150.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
you're vs your.jpg

This was posted in my Facebook newsfeed today!
shirlc is online now   Reply With Quote