Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Agee
Stats: fat pants/not fat pants/skinny pants
WOE: basic LC
Start Date: 12/3/14
What I've learned my first 10 days screwing around on JUDDD

10 days and 1/2 lb down!
Ha - but I didn't really stick to it. Or rather, I stuck to it 5 days, then had to have 2 UD in a row which ended up being 4 UD in a row for various reasons...
So, here's what I've figured out for myself thus far:
I really, really, really need to watch the carbs. I know for some of you this doesn't have to be lowcarb, but I cannot metabolize them properly and I overeat and make bad choices on UDs. I don't typically overeat LC things, so I really need to stick to LC.
I seem to do better not eating all day and then eating a "large" ish dinner on my DDs.
I need to be patient with myself. I'm hypothyroid and I have just started meds and it's likely that my metabolism will be slow b/c of it.
And I should check this board every day! This is one of the most supportive boards out there and the skinny minnies here are really inspirational!
A
Agee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
I've found the same to be true in my case with the carbs. Although I love having them, I find that I get cravings very soon afterward and it makes it more difficult for me to stick with the DDs.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I think one of JUDDD's greatest gifts is giving us the time to recognize triggers, cravings, obsessions for what they really are: individual foods our individual bodies are responding to - let us say - inappropriately.

In terms of health, in terms of maintenance, I think this is a truly wonderful gift.

Congratulations to both of you!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: geobom
Stats: 190/168/145
WOE: Atkins/HFLC 7/2013 JUDDD 12/2013
Start Date: restart July 2013
After following LC for a long time, I only have issues when I ingest a lot of sugar. I had a work party on Friday and ate a large piece of cake, and I was very irritable on Friday night and had no patience with my granddaughter on Sat. morning. I know it was due to the sugar in the cake. Lesson learned.

If you have been LC for a long time, and now are introducing carbs again into your diet, the weight loss will be slow due to the H2O gain from the carbs.

Stick with it and keep posting daily to stay motivated.

Kathy
geobom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Agee
Stats: fat pants/not fat pants/skinny pants
WOE: basic LC
Start Date: 12/3/14
I wasn't really doing strict LC before I started JUDDD.
Not strict anything, really! So I doubt there's a water weight adjustment.
I really think that I have little self-control and also little abilty to metabolize junky carbs. I will probably need to watch them for a while - like months - and then reintroduce if I want them.
And definitely NOT on DDs. My best DD so far was protein only.
Agee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
It's great that you know exactly why your losses haven't been stellar. I hate to see people not really working JUDDD properly and then giving up, saying it doesn't work for them. You are NOT doing that, so kudos to you!

I have been able to successfully add back some carbs, in limited amounts. It's when I go totally carb-crazy like I did over the holidays, that I really need to get off them completely like I am now. I'll add them back in moderation later, and be just fine.

Do check in here as often as you can. It has been absolutely necessary to me. I never would have stuck with it and had the success I have without these wonderful people and their great advice.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good points there Agee, a lot of people find LC DDs really help them, also many of us leave our eating as late in the day as possible. Not everyone of course.

And yes, the more you read and join in on the board seems to influence success.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I too have to do low carb. Finally figured that out! lol!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
It's great that you know exactly why your losses haven't been stellar. I hate to see people not really working JUDDD properly and then giving up, saying it doesn't work for them. You are NOT doing that, so kudos to you!

Do check in here as often as you can. It has been absolutely necessary to me. I never would have stuck with it and had the success I have without these wonderful people and their great advice.

We all have to learn what works best for our unique bodies. I have to be more careful about fat. I can't add CO to things and I need to trim noticeable fat off meats. Carbs have no effect on me either way.

JUDDD is about adhering to our UD/DD calories and the foods we eat are up to us!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
I don't have to watch carbs per se, but I do have to watch junk. I can eat oatmeal, rice and potatoes without any problems but chips or candy start to cause problems and make DDs harder. I also gain quickly on the junk food but not regular starchy carbs.

Now that the holidays are over, I am trying to focus on eating better and getting enough quality protein.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 11-1-14 175.5/
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
So interesting how people respond differently to carbs and such.

I have found that if I save a starchy carb for dinner time, I am ok. I know I will hold onto extra water with the starchy carbs, but I won't have cravings that are hard to control.

And Kathy, interesting that you say sugar puts you in a bad mood - I have noticed that myself lately.

I try to make my DD lean protein and LC veggies - I would never be able to eat something starchy and stop at 350 calories on a DD for sure!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote