Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Goner, I think a maintenance break is a good idea now and again. It can be lovely to up those DD cals to the 30/35% range, or even higher, and just relax a little. Dawn and others have really found it helpful, less stress and, sometimes, a little weight loss when least expected.

Sorry that some of you feel a bit out of control. If that happens I really find it helps to go back to the book. I like to be reminded that JUDDD is not only about losing weight, but is good for us in so very many ways. But, we need those Sirtuins flowing and we can't ask them to hang around forever, as I found after my vacations and family visits in the Autumn.

Once I did some strict rotations (strangely, about the 2 weeks that Dr J says we need) the Sirts started flowing again, and they have held me in good stead for the past holiday month. When I say good rotations I don't mean especially low DDs necessarily. But I do mean counted UDs, as often as possible. Cos, no matter what anyone says about it being unimportant to count them, if we had 'normal' appetites why would we be here in the first place?

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture, but it just seemed the time...
I believe I need to monitor my UD'S a little bit more. May be where my problem lies. Although I haven't been diligently watching it I have a rough estimate of what I have eaten and have been having great results until today. But definitely probably need to start watching it so I don't start gaining.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Ok, I'll give the microwave a try. I do clean it after something very steamy, so I know that trick, but like Cindy, I generally throw out a sponge rather than clean it.
No clue what DH does, I think he tosses them too.

We only use them for actual dishes, not counters or spills, etc. He actually doesn't like it when I clean other stuff with the "dish sponge", so that's what we use paper towels for. Often, I just use my kitchen towel (cotton) for a LOT of stuff, and I have a big stack of them, so I can have a fresh one handy asap.

I figure this is a good balance between hygene (paper towel usage) and "green", ya know?

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Thanks for the tip on microwaving sponges! Who knew? I always throw mine away, or delegate them to cleaning the toilet rim.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality about the horrible picture. I *know* I'm at least 30 lbs less than last Xmas, but it sure didn't show. I'm ready to be so slim that a coat would never make me look like a whale again LOL!
It must be something about coats! I went shopping for a new coat at the weekend and took a photo of one that made me look way more chunky than what I saw when I looked in the mirror in the shop.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It was my pink vintage coat I got from the flea market, and one I was proud of, LOL! It's a swing coat, and it looks like I am swinging it around, but I am standing still.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I went for a walk on New Years at a state park and the director took a picture of everyone who walked. It was freezing cold that day so I wore 3 layers of clothes and in my big winter coat I looked HUGEEEEE. I know it was just the layers of clothes I had on but geesh the picture made me look as wide as I was tall LOL
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL Kismet! It's nice to know I'm not alone.

I wonder what my JB's think about this: Today I was on the phone for two hours with Amazon because a credit that was supposed to be credited to my personal account was credited to my corporate account. I was on the phone with my corporate bank, then with Amazon, then back, etc., and by the end of the conversation with the last person I talked to, I still wasn't getting any satisfaction and I was a little loud on the telephone. However it was lunchtime for most of my office mates, plus we are secluded from the public in the technical services area of the library...but while I was talking, my boss walked over to my desk and punched me 2-3 times with her hand and called my name, while I was on the phone, and said I would have to handle my personal business on my own time. First of all, it was not (only) personal, as it involved my corporate credit card as well, and secondly, it made me so angry that she physically touched me to get my attention. I said, this isn't personal business, and she said well everyone in here can hear your conversation. I didn't say anything more, hung up the phone and never concluded the conversation--or got the incident straightened out. How would you feel about the way she handled it? I am still upset about it.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 01-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
she absolutely should NOT have touched you. i am such a ******, i probably would have said FINE, it's a 3 thousand dollar charge that was put on my corporate account and i was trying to put it on my personal account, but since you don't seem to care - YOU pay for it.

and then, of course, i would be in the unemployment line.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

It was humiliating on top of the physical contact. I didn't say what I wanted to say, but if she brings it up tomorrow, god help me lol.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:42 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

i'm sure it was. i think the whole situation was handled inappropriately. you aren't a child that needs to be scolded - especially in front of everyone. i am sorry you had to go thru that
Old 01-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Colleen. My bf told me exactly what I should have said, but I guess it was better to not take it any further, as it would have landed all of us in the dean's office discussing and discussing, and I would have hated to lose my cool and start crying lol.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Cindy: So sorry that happened to you! Sorry, but I have to say er yell this: WHAT A JERK! That was just soooooo wrong. No one should ever invade your space, let alone touch you, let along punch you. Gosh, it makes me so mad I wanna spit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
I went for a walk on New Years at a state park and the director took a picture of everyone who walked. It was freezing cold that day so I wore 3 layers of clothes and in my big winter coat I looked HUGEEEEE. I know it was just the layers of clothes I had on but geesh the picture made me look as wide as I was tall LOL
OMGosh! DH and I went to New York at Christmas time a few years ago. We live in California, mind you. I was freezing! We were getting dressed to go out walking and take a horse drawn carriage ride. I put on just about everything in my suitcase including 2 sweaters. Then I put this long eggplant colored maxi coat over the top.

The pictures of me look like I was a downed float from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade! I hate those pictures!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I am feeling pretty delighted this morning!

My scale was down another half pound after an UD!!! So, in 15 days of being back on JUDD (and not doing it well exactly on the holidays) I have lost 6.8 pounds!!!

I ate really well to the point of feeling super full last evening. Being inspired by sweet Carly, I decided to try to wait until later in the day to start eating on my UD. Surprisingly, I was not even hungry yesterday but I definitely wanted to get the calories in so I would not be hungry and grumpy today.

So I was really surprised about a scale drop. Yippeeeee!!
It works for me so I work it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
i too microwave my sponges. i put them in quite wet with soap in them. they boil and bubble and smell much better.

i wish i could do the new dish cloth thing. i KNOW how gross a sponge is... i don't use hand towels at all. does that count? LOL! i only use paper towels.
We (by that I mean typically DW) use dish clothes and we wash them in the washing machine every week when we do laundry. Sponges seem to skeeve me out

I use a lot of paper towel as well and feel badly about the environmental impact, but I try to make up for it in other ways.

Cindy- sorry to hear about that interaction you and your boss had. Some times it is better to let those things go and know that you handled it with grace. If she brings it back up... then you may need to say something.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:08 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

anyone else FREEZING??? no school today due to wind chills of -25. just realized the master bathroom toilet pipes are frozen as that room is over the garage. oh how i hope the pipes haven't busted! it's so strange as the sun is out in full force but the wind sounds like a hurricane is going by.

my dog is refusing to go. she is a mastiff and has a super big bladder, but even she has her limits

going to be an interesting day.

on a more relevant topic, i am back to counting calories on UD's until i can get back down to my "before the weekend of pure gluttony" derailed me!

stay warm, peeps!

Colleen- 42 years young

10/15/13 - 137 ---- Started JUDDD
12/3/13 - 128.0
01/02/14 - 125.9
my Goal 115
Old 01-07-2014, 06:57 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes! I am freezing at work! The heat isn't working properly and it's about 58 degrees inside. Outside it's about 20, so that is an improvement.

Hungry today and trying to keep from eating too much (ud).
Old 01-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Cindy, that work situation sounds no bueno. I hope today is a better day.

It is flipping cold here. I'm a winter baby and I love the cold, but I would so much rather be home in bed wearing sweatpants right now.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #226
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hey JBs! I'm feeling super good and optimistic today, and I have no idea why. But I'm not questioning it, and I'm certainly not complaining. Just ridin' the wave.

Cindy, I'm so sorry about that work situation. She never, ever should have touched you. It sounds like she thought it was purely personal business (I've had my share of co-workers who would do that, and it makes me nuts when I'm working my butt off and they aren't), but clearly it was not. Perhaps she should have asked you what was going on rather than accuse you right off the bat. I think most bosses need some heavy duty training on how to manage effectively. I've only ever had a couple who really were effective, without pissing off the entire staff at the same time. Sigh.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Thank you to those who gave advice on my planned maintenance. I just read thru 3 screens ... this is a busy thread! Today I am doing a DD and I never eat breakfast or much lunch besides liquids - so a nice 500-600 calorie dinner should do me well.

Cindy, I'm sorry about that work confrontation. I don't think we ever regret taking the high road - even when others are in the wrong. That's my 2 cents. If it comes up again, a calm discussion stating your concerns over being touched and called out would be in order. We can't change how others will act, but always can be proud of how we handle things. Hugs.

The sun is very deceiving today - you wouldn't think it's 1 degree out there. But I agree mafiamom - here in NW NJ the wind is blowing!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
LOL Kismet! It's nice to know I'm not alone.

I wonder what my JB's think about this: Today I was on the phone for two hours with Amazon because a credit that was supposed to be credited to my personal account was credited to my corporate account. I was on the phone with my corporate bank, then with Amazon, then back, etc., and by the end of the conversation with the last person I talked to, I still wasn't getting any satisfaction and I was a little loud on the telephone. However it was lunchtime for most of my office mates, plus we are secluded from the public in the technical services area of the library...but while I was talking, my boss walked over to my desk and punched me 2-3 times with her hand and called my name, while I was on the phone, and said I would have to handle my personal business on my own time. First of all, it was not (only) personal, as it involved my corporate credit card as well, and secondly, it made me so angry that she physically touched me to get my attention. I said, this isn't personal business, and she said well everyone in here can hear your conversation. I didn't say anything more, hung up the phone and never concluded the conversation--or got the incident straightened out. How would you feel about the way she handled it? I am still upset about it.
I'm with you Cindy. That was totally unprofessional conduct and I believe I would have to confront her or take it to her boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Hey JBs! I'm feeling super good and optimistic today, and I have no idea why. But I'm not questioning it, and I'm certainly not complaining. Just ridin' the wave.

Cindy, I'm so sorry about that work situation. She never, ever should have touched you. It sounds like she thought it was purely personal business (I've had my share of co-workers who would do that, and it makes me nuts when I'm working my butt off and they aren't), but clearly it was not. Perhaps she should have asked you what was going on rather than accuse you right off the bat. I think most bosses need some heavy duty training on how to manage effectively. I've only ever had a couple who really were effective, without pissing off the entire staff at the same time. Sigh.
Yay for you Carol! Glad you're having a great day! You can send some of that optimism my way.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I'm cold but I'm in California! Yesterday and last night I could not get warm. I'm thinking it was the DD chills that mean this is working.

Got a call from my niece in PA yesterday and she has frozen pipes and was telling me how awful the weather is.

Yikes! My heart goes out to ya'all in the frozen places. I grew up in that weather but just don't think I could take it now in my "old age".
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lemontini
Stats: 205/188/135 5'6" 49yrs
WOE: JUDDD/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 10/1/13
That was completely wrong of your boss Cindy, she should absolutely not have touched you, what a jerk!!

It's "warmed up" to 0 degrees out here, so I ran a few errands. Home now and having a yummy up day lunch of a grilled cheese sammich and some raw veggies. I have a big bin of shoes and handbags that need photoing but I'm having a hard time finding the energy to do anything. I just feel blah today.

Colleen, my little guy (terrier mix mutt) does not want anything to do with the outside today either. I had to pick him up and carry him out the door, guess that's not an option with your mastiff, LOL.
Lemontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Quote:
anyone else FREEZING???

my dog is refusing to go. she is a mastiff and has a super big bladder, but even she has her limits
Oh yes! It was a balmy minus 8 degrees here in WV when I left the house this morning. I think it has made it all the way to zero by lunchtime.

Colleen - LOL about your dog! I have little doglets and luckily 3 of them will use wee-wee pads when they don't want to brave the elements. The 4th one has never understood the concept of the pad, but she is a puppymill rescue that was used as a breeder dog and caged her whole life so the fact that I was able to housetrain her at all is a miracle. I guess compared what she endured before coming to live at Club Maltese, the cold & snow is nothing.

The extrememe cold makes me want comfort foods that are warm & creamy. I'm making due with eating fish for lunch and soup/sammies for dinner because that is what I had on hand. I did a cleaning and inventory of my freezers this weekend and we have so much food it is ridiculous. Went in on part of a cow with my sister in the fall and still have a ton of beef in the freezer. Told DH that the challenge for this month is to only use stuff that we already have on hand. We can replenish fresh veggies/fruit & dairy ut everything else this month has to come from the stockpile. For only having 3 people in the house if you looked at my cabinets and freezer you'd think I regularly fed three times that number. Funny how we all have different things we overbuy and store/hoard. I see those Extreme Couponing shows with their stockpiles of massive amounts stashed in every nook & cranny of the house and am glad we are not there. A lot of it is really DH.....when he grocery shops he buys "multiples" of things. Not bad when it is an item we use a lot or when it is on sale for super cheap, but many things are not. Oh well, at least he helps me out and does some of the shopping so it doesn't always fall on me to do.

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Mary Ellen - thanks for saving a puppy. warms my heart
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #233
Big Yapper!!!!

Everything is ok today at work, and no further discussion has ensued. Thanks for listening.Punched was a strong word, but she did forcefully jab me with her fingers...anyway, for now, I'm going to leave it alone.

Glad everyone is staying warm today. It looks beautiful outside here today, but it is not above freezing. Thinking of making spaghetti for dinner.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

glad everyone has moved on.

spaghetti sounds perfect!
Old 01-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I just read a recipe for spaghetti squash spaghetti that sounded yummy on Skinnytaste site.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
I whole heartedly agree!

Cindy-- glad you're moving past it. I'm a little touchy at work, but only with people I'm friends with (and as a manager, I've gone to the yearly HR training, etc, so I know the limits)... She really could've put a note in front of you, didn't have to poke. sigh. these people give the rest of us a bad name!

I'm wondering if I'm *still* sick, or *getting* sick, or if it's something else? I'm blowing my nose waaaaay less, so I think the post-nasal drip is still causing the cough, but I'd like it to all go away, ya know? Ugh.

It's cold here, but starting a warming trend. -18C right now, tomorrow will be -10C, then -5C on Thursday, and 0 on Friday (that's freezing). Saturday then has a risk of freezing rain.
This is why I prefer clear and cold than warmer and rainy.

I wear tall Uggs, a full Eddie Bauer down parka (rated to -30F I think) and earmuffs.
Haka usually hates to wear boots, so he goes bare-pawed, and then raises a paw when it gets snow in it and uncomfortable.

This is harder to do of course, with his back leg nerve/power problems. So too much of that and he falls on his tush.
He weighs 80lbs.

So... maybe I don't need to workout as much as I was thinking, since I have to lift him 3-4 times per walk. *always look at the bright side*
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #237
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Way too much fun and food today, I will expect a big bounce tomorrow. But that is fine. I enjoyed my day and all it brought me.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Quote:
Thanks so much! I am a sucker for the mill dogs.....this is the third rescue I've had that came from that situation. As much as the mill dogs tug at my heart, they can be very tiring and sometimes take forever to come around to you, other people, living in a home, and things/surroundings (and some never make a real adjustment at all). I've had Annie for 4 years and she will never be a lap dog like my other Maltese. Sometimes if you just look in her direction and try to talk to her she moves away and won't engage. She grew up with little human interaction and when there was it was negative and abusive. Things that freak my other dogs out, like thunder or lightning, don't phase her at all, but yet things like walking on grass or trying to take her for a walk beyond our driveway send her into a panic. Every once in awhile she will come up to you and seek affection. Not very often but when it happens my heart just beams because I know what a huge step and amount of trust it is for her to do that.
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Soren, I was a manager for a few years too, and I would not want to do it again lol. The woman who is my boss now used to be my co-worker years ago, and left for another job for over 10 years. Now she's back as my supervisor--a job I helped her get--as I was on the board evaluating the job candidates...but I believe she has a bit of resentment toward me, because for one thing, my salary is higher than hers. That's the main reason I didn't try to get HER job--no raise, and all the hassle.

Mary Ellen, you are a special person. I love that you adopt at-risk dogs, and I can tell that you are a wonderful mother to them.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:23 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Wow. No good deed goes unpunished, huh? You help her get her job and now she's snarky towards you?
I guess I'd stop putting so much effort into sorting the purchases. If you're called to task for it, you can say that you were trying to sort it but were told it wasn't appropriate use of your work time - to try to reverse inappropriate charges on your work account. So, please tell me what you would like me to do?
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote