Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
But either way, its a lack of an off switch. We don't stop when we're full, whether is packing it all in in one sitting or grazing to the point of pain over several hours.
Its a problem. We'll find the solution.
This is me too! That's why yesterday's DD turned into a MD - the evening eating switch hit with a vengeance.

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
UD snow day! So excited. I can't wait to watch movies and drink hot cocoa all day.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Very pleased with my DD yesterday. I ended up at 670 (and I even exercised!)
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:37 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
snow day here too! and an UD makes for a nice little vacation. not that i haven't just had a week or so of that already LOL! looks to be about 8 or 9 inches out there and COLD!! man is it cold!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
-38 here at the lowest point this morning. Unbelievable.
Good on ya, Kelly. A good DD is such an accomplishment.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Milk stout is a lager or beer. Not as exciting as it sounded probably, lol.
Oh, guess that is why I never head of it (I don't drink.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
I personally do much better if I save as many calories as possible for after 6 PM. It goes against everything the "experts" say, but it's the only way I can avoid overeating in the evening hours. I usually eat about 1000 calories between 6-9 PM on UpDays.
This is me as well, but I actually ate a bit of food at 11am as I woke up hungry today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
I have found my routine varies with the season - and my night time eating habits in the winter are a problem. I need to find other things to do when I get home from work besides eat and think about food. And as I've mentioned, I'll be retired the end of this month and will really need to find activities night AND day so I'm not grazing constantly.
My routine changes too. I'm very active in the spring and summer. I walk at the track almost every single day when the weather is warm and the day light plentiful. Having my elliptical at home has been hugely helpful this year. I prefer my brisk walks at the track, but the elliptical will do as there is 10 inches of snow outside at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
UD snow day! So excited. I can't wait to watch movies and drink hot cocoa all day.
I'm having an UD snow day too! Yay!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
We're having a very cold day in S.C. too! It's 29 right now, with a high of 37 expected. That's extremely cold for us. I just got back from my walk, with hat, gloves, etc. and saw a girl getting into her car in short sleeves and no coat. The wind is very strong too, so that adds to it. I see people so often on campus, students mostly, who dress like it's summer no matter what the temperatures, and I know they must be freezing! I think people move down here expecting tropical weather, but our winters can be very cold.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kristin, I am so glad that the Brandy Alexenders agreed with you both.

Goner, maybe you could take up knitting, or embroidery, lol, can't eat and do those at the same time. (I am great at giving advice that I could never follow!)

Enjoy your UD snow days there. It is just very wet here. Quite mild though.

I got to the gym and boy it felt good. Our usual instructor was away but the stand in was good. It was a good, old fashioned, full body conditioning class we worked through all the muscle groups, although I wouldn't say it was aerobic. Anyway, I feel good and I'm ready for more workouts this year.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 01-03-2014 at 08:34 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

i really need to find a good all over conditioning class. around here they are either yoga type classes or crazy cross fit/boot camp type things. i need a happy medium.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 AM   #100

Yes, I love really thinking about each muscle group instead of the Boot Camp 'mad' attitude. I love Zumba and Body Combat for aerobic fitness, although I am never the hardest worker in the class, but I want to feel that toning. I am going to try doing my Callanetics DVDs again, but I m so bad at working out at home.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:46 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hey y'all...just checking in to see how things are going. Had a thought for all y'all (and me) who have a hard time stopping when eating....let's see a show of hands. How many of us were raised with the old "clean your plate...there are starving children in_______ (fill in the blank) that would love to have it." It's a hard admonition to break but probably was our downfall. But one we have to learn to change.

I was also born during the generation when a fat baby was a reflection on the family's abilities...I was very small babe and stayed small 'til I was in my teens (then grew like a weed) and momma was always shoving food at me. Another habit I had to break.

Sending warming thoughts to all our friends in this winter's blast.

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-03-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Soren,
We're the same blood type! I've always taken that as a sign from the universe as to how I'm supposed to conduct my life and my outlook - B+ = be positive!
OMG, I used to say that too! (I still do, in my head... but I don't give blood as often as I used to, so it doesn't come up as much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I get that feeling sometimes! It's kind of like the "glass half empty" version of "you can have it tomorrow." On a DD, that is an amazing tool, but the "you can't have it tomorrow" thought on a UD is sometimes a problem.
I'm in this boat. It's hard when you ARE feeling deprived to think "oh joy, tomorrow, I can eat what I want in limited quantities" when all you want is a BIG bowl of cereal, not a measured 1.5c and 1c of almond milk, etc.

This is something I am actively working on. Eat when I'm hungry. Drink in between b/c hunger is often thirst.
And evaluate how I feel while eating, and stop when I'm full, regardless of how delicious the food is

Mary-- I did do a bit of a search, and found the Oz stuff (I'm sort of mad at him, so I don't watch), the actual diet site, other sites similar... I was sort of surprised, says B can't/shouldn't eat a lot of things I'm fine with... made me question my blood type! LOL
So, here's what I was dealing with yesterday that got me down (I can talk about it today b/c I'm feeling better)-- Haka, my 13.9 yr old greyhound, is in somewhat of a decline.
I was thinking that this weekend would be *IT*.
But I got in to see the vet today, and she has a quality of life worksheet-- scored out of 70 points.
35 and above is still ok.
I rated him and we got to about 42-44. Some areas he's 10/10 (like appetite and hydration, and breathing).
Some he's middling, and others, like mobility, he's like a 3/10.

So, I can see on paper what I know in my heart-- it's not *time* yet, but we are getting there. I like having a tool to help me though, so it's not entirely a feeling or a guessing game, but something we can quantify to a certain degree.

There's levels of what you can do.
Can we help him with his mobility? Yes, a bit. I can lift him up the 1 stair to the house. But he weighs 80 lbs, so I'm not going to get him a cart, or one of those handles to help him walk/stand.

I can tolerate some *messes* in the house (let's not get in detail here)-- definitely more than I thought I could.
we have pee pads, and he hits those. For *other* mess, again, let's not talk about it. DH handles the bad situations, and I can handle a, um, dropped piece of stuff now and then and not gag

TMI-- sorry. But yesterday was a MESS day (DH dealt with it entirely before he left for work) and I was just STRESSED about what that would indicate (it's on the list, under hygiene), and I started to project, and got very sad

But, we're probably ok for a few more weeks. This is a week to week situation at this point, so I'll try not to dwell, but this is what's going on in my world and has a big impact on my mood. Has for a few months actually, which is partly why I've been absent.

In other news, I'm down 1.4 from yesterday morning! I know it's just water weight, but hey, anything that helps me feel better is GOOD!

Thanks for letting me vent
s.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #103

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Soren, I know what you're going through.

Regarding the blood type thing: I read a bit about that a few years ago and it really didn't seem to match my O+ blood type at all, so I quit reading.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #104

Me too Dawn.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I wish our dogs could live forever. Or longer than we do.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Soren, I know what you're going through.
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Regarding the blood type thing: I read a bit about that a few years ago and it really didn't seem to match my O+ blood type at all, so I quit reading.
exactly!

File this under-- if it works for you, go with it!

And if it doesn't, toss it aside and find what works for you.

Dawn, you could write the World Baked Goods Diet -- bagels for breakfast, banh mi for lunch... just need to find you a dinner bread... maybe Brioche? Challah? Pita wrapped something?
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:21 PM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Soren: Sorry about Haka. I'm such a doggie lover. I got teary eyed reading your post.

Congrats on 1.4 down. That's awesome!

Mary: Great thoughts you shared. I never even thought about fat babies being sort of a sign of a family's status. Something to thing about! My own mother sure showed her love by over feeding us. And, oh my, every time a baby was born into our family (and there were/are LOTS and LOTS) the fatter they were the more everyone oogled and ooooo'd and awwwwwwwwed over them!

Cindy: Good for you for exercising! I gotta get back to it. But I so love being sedentary! It just feels like retirement when I can do next to nothing.

which is what I'm doing today.

I'm jealous at the moment of Carly and others who are having snow days. That's the only think I used to love about living with snow when I was growing up. Snowed-in days. Hot chocolate. Popcorn. Old black and white movies from the 30's and 40's.

OK, I better go for a walk! We have a pretty lake near by with a one mile walking track that goes all the way around it. Yesterday I walked it once. Today I should go for twice.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #108

Sounds lovely Yamster. One and half times would do....
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Snow days! Sounds wonderful! It's a beautiful day of 74* here today, and I'm not complaining. But I do miss a good ole snowed in day, of the type Yam-Yam just described. Enjoy it my cold-weathered friends!

Soren, I'm so sorry about Haka. It's a heartbreaking experience, but one we have to face when we love. I'm very interested in this quality of life checklist of your vet's. I wish they'd had something like that when it was my Dusty's time. My vet was a wonderful, mature lady. Very common sense, but very sensitive too. She kept telling me that I would know when it was time - that Dusty would tell me. And she did, very clearly. That was a blessing. My heart is with you and Haka.

I'm another one who can eat way past satiety. Way past. I just enjoy eating. I know I've used food as comfort and to fill a void in the past, but I honestly don't think that's the crux of my eating problem. I truly just enjoy the eating experience. I love to cook. I love to eat. I love to enjoy good food with the people I love. Hmpf!

I got my Christmas decorations all down and put away today, the regular stuff back in their places, and the whole house cleaned. I'm always sad to see the Christmas go back in its boxes, but the house does look nice and de-cluttered now (I have way too much Christmas stuff, but love every bit of it!) Now I have a feeling of satisfaction as I sit and look around.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
One of the things I’ve learned from intermittent calorie restriction is that I don’t really enjoy eating too much, and that I often eat because I feel it’s expected of me. It seems really stupid to get fat eating food I don’t even want, just because I’m sitting at a table with people who want to eat more than I do, or because even though I just want a small meal, restaurants generally serve big ones.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #111

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
thank you

exactly!

File this under-- if it works for you, go with it!

And if it doesn't, toss it aside and find what works for you.

Dawn, you could write the World Baked Goods Diet -- bagels for breakfast, banh mi for lunch... just need to find you a dinner bread... maybe Brioche? Challah? Pita wrapped something?
Believe it or not, dinners are often lower carb. I seldom have bread, rice, or potatoes with dinner. Making up for breakfast and lunch, maybe? Of course, now that you mentioned brioche and challah, things might change.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
One of the things Iíve learned from intermittent calorie restriction is that I donít really enjoy eating too much, and that I often eat because I feel itís expected of me. It seems really stupid to get fat eating food I donít even want, just because Iím sitting at a table with people who want to eat more than I do, or because even though I just want a small meal, restaurants generally serve big ones.
Ailuros this should go into the Non Scale Victory thread, it is so very, very true. Please copy it there.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Ailuros this should go into the Non Scale Victory thread, it is so very, very true. Please copy it there.
Good idea .
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #114

I have had one of the first days when I had to eat something more to reach my UD calories. I was 300 under my paltry 1400. But there, in the pantry, was the last piece of chocolate chip Panettone....... sorted.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lemontini
Stats: 205/188/135 5'6" 49yrs
WOE: JUDDD/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 10/1/13
Yesterday's DD turned into an UD, oh well. So far, so good today and it actually works out well because dd and I are spending the day together tomorrow, mall, movie, dinner out.

Yam-Yam - the last I heard they suspected a gas leak started the fire but don't know for sure.
Lemontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

soren, so sorry to hear about your fur baby. as someone that has had to make a love based decision a couple times, i totally feel your pain. if it helps at all, you really DO know when to free them.

i am sick of snow. sick of the cold and can't wait to be able to go and do something outdoors. winter is long here in PA. ugh.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/114.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Most mornings this week we have had below zero temps!

It was on the TV that the Twin Cities have cancelled school for Monday as temps are going so low, they "think" the high temp of Monday will be 15 below zero!

Today was a DD and now I am done with all my food - have a bit of a empty feeling in the tummy!

Has anyone ever tried any of those colon things? You know the kind all the drug stores sell and that are in every sale bill that wants to sell vitamins, etc. I seem to have big time constipation troubles, I tried benefiber, but Tummy is sticking out way too much and no action in the smallest room of the house either
Old 01-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
How do you ruin bulletproof coffee? Use the same measuring spoon your daughter used to measure sesame oil! Ugh!! Not good! Amazing how a little sesame oil adds so much flavor, especially when not wanted!
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lemontini
Stats: 205/188/135 5'6" 49yrs
WOE: JUDDD/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 10/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Most mornings this week we have had below zero temps!

It was on the TV that the Twin Cities have cancelled school for Monday as temps are going so low, they "think" the high temp of Monday will be 15 below zero!
I am so happy I work from home, I will not be going ANYWHERE on Monday!
Lemontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Today's DD was a bust. I feel a little bit bad about it, and kind of overwhelmed when I think about all the months I've not made any progress. Seems like it didn't hit me until I started investigating lol. <<just venting>>

Soren, I really feel for you and Haka.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote