Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #751
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Lol, Ei. I know. Oh well, Carly, I hope you figure something out.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks everyone!

Thank you so much for the support, it is really energizing me It feels really great not to be in the 3s, and it makes me want to work extra hard to get into the one's Thank you for holding the door open for me, I can't wait to pass through it Like you said even if it is not the fastest it is the funniest WOE. That is in the long run what will keep it off I was interested in hearing from anyone who wants to post it how much weight they have lost on JUDDD and how long it took you to get there I would appreciate any information on that thank you. The support here is so awesome and I really appreciate it
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #753
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
It is well-known that the Royal Family have bladders of iron.

On a completely different note, I'm baking for neighbours tonight. Sour cream bread, malted grains bread and milk rolls. The sweeter stuff is carrot cake; tahini cake (not only vegan but soy free); apple crumble slices; chocolate sponge; tiffin; peanut cookies; David's Dream Bars; cheese lupin crackers. I may well run out of cooling racks...
Slow, you are the sweetest of neighbors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Hi everyone! At 5:30am when I woke up it was 4* with a wind chill of -11*.
That is really cold and today is supposed to be a DD. Yesterday was the first day of TOM and I was 125 so I suspect in the next day or 2 I will be back at 123 or so.

I would ordinary say time to restart 5:2, but DW is doing so well with JUDDD and I worry that if I don't do rotations she will not stick with it.

I just can't bare the thought of DD shivers on top of the totally freezing temps.

What to do...
Well, try thinking of it this way. It's going to be flipping COLD no matter whether you UD or DD. No, that's no help. I'm so glad Chelly is doing so well, so I get that you're wanting to stay on rotations with her. I like Cindy's idea of maybe some nice snacking at your desk at work. Unless you guys share an office, at least she wouldn't see you eating and feel bad about it. Then you could have a normal DD snack in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl44 View Post
Thank you so much for the support, it is really energizing me It feels really great not to be in the 3s, and it makes me want to work extra hard to get into the one's Thank you for holding the door open for me, I can't wait to pass through it Like you said even if it is not the fastest it is the funniest WOE. That is in the long run what will keep it off I was interested in hearing from anyone who wants to post it how much weight they have lost on JUDDD and how long it took you to get there I would appreciate any information on that thank you. The support here is so awesome and I really appreciate it
I'm so glad you're feeling all the support and love here. It helps endlessly. Did you see the thread Cindy/LG bumped? Hopefully this will help.

a POLL - weight loss on JUDDD?

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
So first day of retirement (thanks LG for the well wishes) - and YAM you are right... do whatever I want to do!! I was up at 4 am, baked a cake to take to my hair stylist to celebrate, got my hair cut, went mall walking - since my retirement plan was to get back to exercise I figured I better start TODAY! It's single digit temps out there and a bit windy - brrrrrr so mall walking fit the bill. I also had to shop for an item for DH and went to a few stores till I scored a great deal!! I have the time for shopping like that now - LOL

Now I am a bit bored and looking at food. I can't decide if it's a DD or UD since yesterday's UD was low in calories. I guess the cake I just ate decided it for me - it will be an UD! LOL There are many things I could be doing - but I'm not.
I'm glad you made your first retirement day an UD! When you mentioned baking a cake at 4 a.m. it reminded me of DH's first few retirement weeks and days. Sometimes he would wake up at 2 a.m. Then he would wake me up and say, "wanna watch a movie and have some popcorn?" That is soooo unlike him! so we would. And then we would laugh about how we could do whatever we want. Gosh, we never would have done something like that when our kids were at home. Our son was such a light sleeper. He would ask us to turn off the t.v. at 9 p.m. because he had to get some sleep.

My first days of retirement were filled with de-cluttering. I never, ever once felt bored at all. If I had the thought: what shall I do now? the answer always was: Clean out the hall closet, clean off that shelf in the garage, clean out my underwear drawer or my walk in closet.

That still is a go-to for me. Of course, I had a lot of catching up to do with friends and family, so I spent tons of time on the phone and loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
My goodness, what prolific writers all y'all are..took some time to catch up, so I guess I, too, should be checking daily...but I could have sworn I am...

Firstly, congrats Sunshine on dropping into the 2's...I know how excited I was to hit onederland...we're holding the gate open for you, no matter how long it takes....yep, I agree no better woe that JUDDD, but I know you too made because of the support here...what a great site.

Goner, welcome to the world of "what will I do today." Enjoy!!! for a while, then find something to do that you enjoy. You'll feel better staying active...I retired four years ago and turned a leaf in October and now I'm finding every day a blessing...no stresses, just busy, busy, busy.

And for the rest, I have to rave about my late DH...he polished my boots and ironed my uniforms while I was in the Army, until we got to wash n' wear uniforms. We couldn't iron the early cammies 'cause it would remove some type of stuff they put on 'em.

When we finally got into one home (he stayed in L.A. for the last eight years I was in the service so that was a lesson in reality) he told me that he didn't think the dishwasher would get the dishes clean (???) so I told him that he was my dishwasher...he did and never complained. He also did all of the laundry, 'cause he was home and I was working. Best house-husband ever!!! Yeah!, I miss him...Wednesday will be the second anniversary of his demise, so going to the cemetery fershure.

Glad to be a part of this group, and I'm sure I'll be catching up tomorrow...
Lovely memories of your DH! A wonderful homemaker he was indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
Especially since I just moved from LA and have not experienced snow or cold like this in 15 years...all my friends keep sending me texts or pics teasing me with the temperature in LA and asking me if I miss it. And of course I miss the weather BUT I needed this move and LA will always be there. Spring is right around the corner right? RIGHT?!?!? Anyone?!!? :::crickets:::

I'll get used to it the longer I live here I guess! LOL! Enjoy that Cali weather for me! xo
What a shock to move from LA to a New York winter. I thought of you this morning when I sat out on the patio with my cup of coffee. A bit chilly in the mornings, but lots of sunshine here. We surely need some rain.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #755
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: allisonm
Stats: 336/286/160 5'9"
WOE: LC GFCF JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
It is well-known that the Royal Family have bladders of iron.

On a completely different note, I'm baking for neighbours tonight. Sour cream bread, malted grains bread and milk rolls. The sweeter stuff is carrot cake; tahini cake (not only vegan but soy free); apple crumble slices; chocolate sponge; tiffin; peanut cookies; David's Dream Bars; cheese lupin crackers. I may well run out of cooling racks...
Oh my goodness! That is a lot of baking.

Sounds like you have figured out what to do with lupin flour -- I could use some help there. I bought several bags for reasons that are unknown to me, and I haven't figured out how to use it. I followed one recipe for lupin cheese bread that was horrible and then gave up. Any hints? Is cheese necessary? I haven't looked for months, but as I remember, the recipes mostly called for cheese.
allisonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BroadwayBaby
Stats: 265/224/165
WOE: Lost 35 on WW/-6 on JUDDD...so far
Start Date: 1/18/2014-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Do you have to be completely honest? I mean, if you eat something now (I know you don't like to eat in the mornings, but...), or at work, do you have to disclose that to DW? You can still eat a DD meal with her later and call it a high DD. Or is it a situation where you each encourage each other on your respective DDs? I am not advocating dishonesty, exactly, but I think you have to take care of yourself in addition to being supportive.
BroadwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:52 PM   #757
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl44 View Post
I was interested in hearing from anyone who wants to post it how much weight they have lost on JUDDD and how long it took you to get there I would appreciate any information on that thank you.
Yes! I think for us newbies too! I did follow Carly's "scale bouncing" thread and it was nice to see her losses. I know that I could lose weight faster if I did some sort of austere method but then I wouldn't stick to it in the long run. And it's taken me some years but I do love myself and have vowed to be kinder to myself. So JUDDD to me, is being kind to myself. It is allowing me to enjoy some of the things I like to eat but also lose weight. I was thinking when spring comes I would speed things up with more workouts and lowering my carbs on UD but for now I'm just easing into it and enjoying the feel of not really dieting. But yeah like Sunshine said, I'd love to hear not only how much and how long it took but how/what did you do to keep up with it since it is a much slower weight loss process.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post

What a shock to move from LA to a New York winter. I thought of you this morning when I sat out on the patio with my cup of coffee. A bit chilly in the mornings, but lots of sunshine here. We surely need some rain.
Aww thanks for thinking of me! I finally ventured out today since I needed to get used to the cold weather because rehearsals start tomorrow and I'll be out and about outside again. I walked to pick up my laundry, 3 blocks and I was bundled to high heaven, it was 18 degrees out and luckily no wind so it wasn't horribly bad...I'd rather it be 40 degrees I found that 40 is about my limit and then when it goes under that I am in misery! LOL!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Locarbarella
Stats: 188/125/125 5'5"
WOE: Low Carb maintenance since 2007
Start Date: Atkins 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Sounds like a well-thought out decision, Goner. Enjoy your UD! After all, it's not every day a person retires.

I went grocery shopping at lunch and found 0 sugar, 0 carbs margarita mix. I'll let ya'll know how it tastes. Later, after work.

LCG, I also saw Rose's Mijota mixer. I didn't look at the nutrition label because I'm pretty sure it's high sugar/carbs, but I've always wanted to try that cocktail. I think it's made with mint.
I can recommend the Jordan's Skinny Mixes Mojito mix. 0 cal, 0 carb. I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I've seen it at other places. I also have the Appletini, which I've been using in my yogurt with cinnamon for apple flavor.
Locarbarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #760
Big Yapper!!!!

I'll have to check it out! I must say the mix is delicious that I bought. I'm having a little now on my DD.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #761
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Chelly and I work in the same office
No sneak eating for me.
The DD went fine. I'm sandwiched in between both electric blankets on 9.
I tell DW I'm a human panini.
She doesn't think that is amusing, but sometimes she tries to stick a foot into my heated sandwich maker.
I would have been freezing whether it was an UD or a DD as someone pointed out so I'll keep up with DW for now.

Bedtime snack soon

They are calling for a couple inches of snow tomorrow. Oh, joy!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #762
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

They are calling for a couple inches of snow tomorrow. Oh, joy!
Ugh really?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #763
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
Ugh really?
Yup
Old 01-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #764
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
I had totally forgotten how much energy this WOE gives me!!
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
I just watched Seeking a Friend for the End of the World and now I'm depressed.

Actually it's probably just this damn cough. It's driving me insane (and not getting better).

FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonm View Post
Sounds like you have figured out what to do with lupin flour -- I could use some help there....Is cheese necessary? I haven't looked for months, but as I remember, the recipes mostly called for cheese.
With the savoury recipes, it will be eggs or cheese, one of them will be helpful, most of the time, for a straightforward bread/cracker. That said, these Carb Legal Crackers worked for me, with the addition of mustard powder and coating in onion/poppy seeds.

Much depends on your lupin flour (I use one that I purchased in Europe) and how you respond to its taste.

For sweet items or savoury ones with a less LC (and less fat) persuasion, a while ago I did something that I saw Yaz has also recently suggested - but the success of this depends on how OK you are with translating recipes in various European languages or coping with the vagaries of Google Translate. You search for:

recette "farine de lupin"

receitas "farinha de tremoço"

Even looking through the recipes in assorted languages is a good way to get ideas for how some people use it. It's popular as a binder for the vegan equivalent of meatballs and makes a good addition to various dumpling recipes;

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.

Last edited by SlowSure; 01-24-2014 at 11:13 PM..
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
I absolutely despise bean flours. A lot of gluten free products use them and I can taste it instantly, no matter the product (it makes whatever it's in taste like sprouts to me). Good luck.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks for pointing out the post I am going to check it out right now
Sunshinegirl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #769
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post

Actually it's probably just this damn cough. It's driving me insane (and not getting better).

Feel better Frosty
Old 01-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #770
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

You do seem a bit grumpy. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:11 PM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I love snow, but I am so over driving in it. It only lasted for a couple of hours, but people lose their minds when they see snow on the ground. I would say that I want to go home and crawl into bed, but the boyfriend is battling the flu and he's the biggest baby EVER so I might be better off staying out in the cold.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #772
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I love snow, but I am so over driving in it. It only lasted for a couple of hours, but people lose their minds when they see snow on the ground. I would say that I want to go home and crawl into bed, but the boyfriend is battling the flu and he's the biggest baby EVER so I might be better off staying out in the cold.
No! It's never better in the cold... however we are getting ready to go out now- BRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
No! It's never better in the cold... however we are getting ready to go out now- BRRRRRRRRRR!
Be safe! It's warmer out there than it's been in days. A whole 22 degrees.

As soon as posted this a friend called wanting to go to dinner. YAY UD! I am definitely going.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #774
Big Yapper!!!!

Have fun Lisa!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #775
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
P!NK is performing on the Grammy Awards tomorrow night. Guess who has tickets to see her live on Thursday? I do!! Woot woot!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:

Do you have the drip? I'm about to restart my nasonex, after being woken 2x last night by my own choking/coughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
P!NK is performing on the Grammy Awards tomorrow night. Guess who has tickets to see her live on Thursday? I do!! Woot woot!
sweet! I have dinner with my boss tomorrow night in Sunnyvale (assuming the weather holds here and I can get out of town), so I'll be pvr'ing the show.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #777
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

We're going to see "Twelfth Night" at the PAC (Performing Arts Center) on Thursday. I won 2 tickets.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #778
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Do you have the drip? I'm about to restart my nasonex, after being woken 2x last night by my own choking/coughing.
Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #779
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Last show we saw was Shania at Caesar's in LV. For free even! friends had tickets and asked if we wanted to join them. I was never a huge fan, but I was very impressed. She has two different horses on stage at different times and it was just amazing. Loved her band.

I'm so old I really don't know who Pink is, although Ive heard the name.
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #780
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ooooh, I'm jealous!