Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #691
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
Since I love my wife so much, I would never sing to her. That is only reserved for my worst enemy.
au contraire, Mon frere! She would love it. My DH has no clue what it means to sing on key. We used to joke that the closest he ever came to carrying a tune was when he used to carry my guitar in case for me when I had a gig. He is a horrible off-tune, scratchy voice singer. To me, that makes it all the more adorable and lovely! It melts my heart!

Try singing a line from a love song to your DW. You might be surprised!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #692
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
I just avoid the whole fair division of labor regarding housework issue by doing as little housework as possible. I've got a life to live here.
Sounds like me. Then I get resentful because I really *do* care, while bf could sit in filth with trash piled up to his head if the PS4 still worked properly.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #693
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
gotta love a man who irons his own clothes, yes????
what's an iron????

Ironically in Preschool for my DS15 about 11 years ago, he missed that ID flash card and the one of the ironing board!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #694

I literally had to tell the teacher, He has NEVER seen an Iron or an Ironing board....
Old 01-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #695
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I love to iron. I find it to be so relaxing. But I don't have anything that needs to be ironed very often.
Weather is changing again so I woke up with a killer migraine. Stayed home since I only work part time anyway. Will go in Friday for my second day this week.
I rarely ever run the dishwasher as DH does it. Is there a correct way to load one?
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
DH, is that you?

My DH does most of the cooking and does his own laundry. I do the bulk of the cleaning (um, when it actually gets done) and my own and Keira's laundry, but DH helps with the cleaning when needed. Floors are usually relegated to him because he does a much better job of it than I do. We don't have a dishwasher, but I do the dishes because he doesn't do them to my standards. At work, I always reload the dishwasher because the guys do it "wrong."
My dear DH "does it wrong" too. But after years of him trying, I let it go after I realized I was lucky he even tries. I traveled quite often for work back in the day and he became quite good at all household chores. Funny how that works when wifey isn't there to take care of it all. He still is very good at helping, he does his own laundry ( I don't trust him to sort my stuff ) he vacuums and cleans the floors. I do the more detailed stuff like cleaning the bathrooms because Im picky about how they're done. He will do shopping with a list and also cooks, but with me eating my own way, I do much more of it now.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #697
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I rarely ever run the dishwasher as DH does it. Is there a correct way to load one?
Apparently, there is.

Just don't ask me what it is.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #698
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Iron? Sing on key? What?
I have made a decision. To slip off into fast5 land.
Got the iBook and been skimming over it.
So this am im thinking, ok it's a dd am-early pm and then apply food to mouth as needed.
It's totally a different mind game-sorta.
Everyday is dd, until I see the whites of my dh eyes come evening time, 5:30-6:30 pm
It's Just my first plan, my first time trying fast 5. it makes since to me to make everyday the same.
Just thought of something. I may have to go to his job this adternoon-evening to see him maybe around 1pm?
I have imply a plan B for tmw.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #699

I have a preferred way that I like the dishwasher to be loaded, but since my children are required to load it, it is as they do! If I undo what they have done, I shouldn't require them to do it....but my kids don't get to stay in the house and do NOTHING! At their age, house stuff needs to be delegated to them! I only have a few more years to get my CHILD LABOR out of them!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 AM   #700
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/130/120
WOE: Low-carb IF/JUDDD Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I love to iron. I find it to be so relaxing. But I don't have anything that needs to be ironed very often.
Weather is changing again so I woke up with a killer migraine. Stayed home since I only work part time anyway. Will go in Friday for my second day this week.
You could do as my MIL used to do: iron all the sheets and her DH's underwear. lol seriously
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #701
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
You could do as my MIL used to do: iron all the sheets and her DH's underwear. lol seriously
With a king size bed I would have to figure out how to do that on an ironing board. Fold fold fold I guess.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Apparently, there is.

Just don't ask me what it is.
Omg, you guys are killing me.

Thanks for the kind words about the pic-- it's actually from last May at that user group thing I go to, in San Jose. I'm "on" for about the whole week, so I'm hoping I'll be a bit thinner this year (or at least back to where I was last year!)

re: partners and housework. DH definitely irons, though we now dryclean all his shirts, so he doesn't need to anymore. But when I met him, he was working on shifts, and he's spend part of his Monday day-off ironing. Adorable.

I do most of the cooking, and he makes a great breakfast. But I don't like his pancakes, and sometimes his scrambled eggs with EVERYTHING is too much for me, so I'll opt out and do my own thing.
He also makes a great grilled cheese (he puts mayo in the middle! amazing!)

Our rule is-- the one who doesn't cook, does the cleaning. Unless he cooks, in which case, he should clean also
LOL

We both load the dishwasher, though I think I do it better (he forgets things like, X will melt on the bottom, or don't put too much on the bottom or the water doesn't get to the top). So sometimes, I'll re-stack stuff.
Is that what you mean by "re-loading"?

My final word on this is: during the kitchen renovation, I thought we'd re-use the dishwasher... but it turned out we couldn't, so while the plumber was here, I had to FLY to the store to buy a new one.
I went with one that was "out of box" so I could take it right away... and thought it was a good balance of price/features etc.

When I got home and looked up the reviews, I almost because it got HORRIBLE reviews.
And like, 2 good ones.

that said-- if you read the manual and stack the dishes as recommended, this is a great dishwasher.

So-- I did by the extended warranty also-- DH and I both read the manual, and the suggested dish stacking diagram... and (knock wood) haven't had an issue with it (yet).

ugh, I weighed today (lets call yesterday an UD). I am so far back up on the scale, I just want to beat my head against a wall.
But-- the combination of emotion, and the headache I had yesterday that required copious amounts of advil/aleve/other stuff, might be part of it too.
Hopefully it's a lot of water retention from the carbapalooza and I'll lose it fast.

Hope you folks with the snow are digging out ok. Not a flake here, but its wicked cold.

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
What is it with guys and dishwashers!
My dh OVERLOADS the Dw. I try to beat him to that chore.
He's great at helping, I'm very lucky.
I cook mostly, he helps clean up.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #704
Senior LCF Member

Remember in the mid to late 80's when most of men's casual shirts were 100% cotton and wrinkled if you looked crosswise at them? Yeah, I used to iron a lot.

It's T-shirts or sweatshirts now, so screw that.

Oh, and I load the dishwasher just fine, thank you very much. It just isn't the same way my wife would do it, so it's "wrong".
Old 01-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I used to be a perfectionist about the house and I shock myself how relaxed I have become!

My fav comment is "Marrther isn't coming to visit today, is she?" (Martha Stewart)

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
I used to be a perfectionist about the house and I shock myself how relaxed I have become!

My fav comment is "Marrther isn't coming to visit today, is she?" (Martha Stewart)

Phyl
I'm a bit OCD, so I can tend toward all or nothing (perfect or screw it). Its all about the middle ground

re: the comment above, and things people say... when I was a kid, and I'd slurp something (soup, whatever)... my mother would say, "Would you do that if the Queen were visiting?"

Ok, well, no... and I learned not to slurp the soup. But now that I think about it, wth?
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
re: the comment above, and things people say... when I was a kid, and I'd slurp something (soup, whatever)... my mother would say, "Would you do that if the Queen were visiting?"

Ok, well, no... and I learned not to slurp the soup. But now that I think about it, wth?
What's really bad is when you catch yourself saying the same kind of thing to your kids.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #708
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I'm a bit behind but I'll just say that mine came to me trained by the US Government and there is no one better for teaching a young man to iron, fold, clean, do laundry, etc than the USMC!
I do not iron, I will load and washer and dryer but rarely fold. We're about 50/50 on dishes. We'll both clean but he's much more likely to get to it first.
My barn is spotless. My house - not so much. But I spend more time in the barn so thats how I justify it...he doesn't buy it.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
OMG, Soren, I almost didn't recognize you, I had to take a second look! You look lovely, darling! What an open and inviting face!

Oh My, This is a very busy and entertaining thread! Just as well hubby's on call and no cooking, so I can devote my time to this!

So OK, I'm with Adi on ironing, I don't like to do it everyday but when I do, I do it for 2-3 hrs straight and yes, I do find it meditative! Give me a sense of accomplishment too somehow! There was a time in England when we line dried everything and I used to iron, sheets/duvets and Underwear too! Hated it! Most of DH's stuff I take to the cleaners now, phew! Thank God for that!

And no, he doesn't know how to load or unload the dish washer either and yes, I am very particular as to how it should be loaded!

Yam-Yam, he does sing to me completely off key too but always with songs that have "melt your heart" or completely funny lyrics, depending on the mood! Frosty, we woman are funny that way, we like it! That's why he's a keeper!

Hi Yennie, I see the ticker or should I say the horse is trotting again!

Last edited by jdforshort; 01-22-2014 at 04:05 PM..
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: allisonm
Stats: 336/286/160 5'9"
WOE: LC GFCF JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
when I was a kid, and I'd slurp something (soup, whatever)... my mother would say, "Would you do that if the Queen were visiting?"

My mom did the same when I was growing up in Southern California! She always said, "Eat as though you were eating with the Queen of England." I just rolled my eyes at the time but now it seems bizarre. We aren't royal subjects here. Why not refer to the president or the first lady or a person of great accomplishment? When I went off to college in Maine I found other young women whose mothers used the same tactic.
allisonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #711
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Frosty, we woman are funny that way, we like it!
My wife is very musically inclined. Any time I sing around her, I get this look:
Old 01-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #712
Senior LCF Member

And by the way, Soren, you look so pretty in this avatar! In the previous one you looked like a bright, ambitious, modern young woman. In this one you're a pretty glamour girl. You are photogenic.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #713
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My wife is very musically inclined. Any time I sing around her, I get this look:
Singing around her isn't the same thing as singing love songs to her.

For the sake of experimentation, you must try this and report back. If we're right, you'll probably get ... ummm ... dessert tonight.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #714
Senior LCF Member

I'd get dessert, all right...

right in the face!

I'm telling you, ladies - my wife is not a romantic. I'd have much better luck with a back rub or something like that.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #715
Big Yapper!!!!

My iron literally has a layer of dust on it. I do not iron anything EVER. Except my hair, which I do with a flat iron.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm telling you, ladies - my wife is not a romantic. I'd have much better luck with a back rub or something like that.
I started to tell my wife about this conversation and - no lie - she stuck her hand out and said "I don't want to hear you sing".

Hey - I use Devo's "Girl U Want" for the ringtone when she calls me. That's pretty romantic, right?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Life's too short to waste time ironing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Kismet311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #718
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
We don't own an iron... We do have a steamer, which I used today when I hemmed a pair of pants and needed a crease.

We don't have a dishwasher either...

Most of you clearly don't live in NY sized apartments. We couldn't spare space for a luxury item like an ironing board. My shoes definitely take priority

ETA: I have 3 flat irons... Hair and shoes...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #719
Senior LCF Member

I iron the fronts of shirts and then leave my jacket on.

Ironing doesn't really bother me in the winter but it's pure torture in the summer.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #720
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't buy any clothes that require an iron. I used to buy a lot of linen and cotton things back in my 20s that required constant ironing. Not anymore lol. Anything I have that could wrinkle badly just gets an extra 5-10 min in the dryer before I wear it lol.