Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Are you talking about a scale intervention?? Where will I go for rehab??

So, since I rarely post on the weekends, I skimmed through the posts about posting weights here. I'd really like to share more here, and I'm quite certain that I could say with 99% certainty that no one IRL posts, lurks, or even knows about LCF. But there's been many times I've googled things specific to low carb and it's amazing how quickly this site comes up, so that fuels my paranoia. Even freakier when I see a post or thread by me!

Hello, my name is (vanilla) and I admit it - I'm the Queen of Paranoia.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
so, the RSVP's are beginning to come in for Tori's 8th birthday party. she invited everyone in her class to go to a place called BounceU. They have big huge jumpy type things, and slides and obstacle courses, etc. She was very passionate that she not receive gifts, but rather requested that everyone please make a donation to a local animal shelter. she warms my heart. i am also pleased that numerous people are actually donating. call me cynical, but i wasn't sure.....

the bugs are going around out there!!! the bleach spray bottle is my friend these days. i actually have very few OCD behaviours, but come winter, i am a total germaphobe. it is about 5 long months of me going around spraying door handles, stair railings, and cell phones LOL! sometimes, it actually works. most of the time.... not so much

Colleen- 42 years young

10/15/13 - 137 ---- Started JUDDD
12/3/13 - 128.0
01/02/14 - 125.9
my Goal 115
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
We've been to a birthday party at Bounce U. So FUN!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #424
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post

So, since I rarely post on the weekends, I skimmed through the posts about posting weights here. I'd really like to share more here, and I'm quite certain that I could say with 99% certainty that no one IRL posts, lurks, or even knows about LCF. But there's been many times I've googled things specific to low carb and it's amazing how quickly this site comes up, so that fuels my paranoia. Even freakier when I see a post or thread by me!

I guess I am very honest, as all my co-workers (that I talk to regularly), and my friends know that I am on a weight-loss site.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:32 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiamom View Post
She was very passionate that she not receive gifts, but rather requested that everyone please make a donation to a local animal shelter. she warms my heart.
Colleen - what a generous and selfless child you are raising! Good for her!!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions about being prepared when eating out. I tried to gently steer DH to choosing a seafood place but he wanted Italian instead. Luckily the place we went offers smaller lunch-size portions so I did pretty well with the chicken dish I selected.

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Agreed, wholeheartedly, Colleen that is awesome that you daughter was so selfless!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:04 AM   #427
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’ve just realised it’s six months, and twenty pounds since I started alternate day dieting! That’s brought me back into my broadly ok range — anything now is fine tuning. According to the charts I was only just overweight, but it was enough to make me get out of breath if I climbed a lot of stairs, or carried the shopping uphill, which I don’t now. (And I like fitting into my smaller clothes too .)

Thanks to everyone here for the support and encouragement!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #428

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You have done this with such grace Ailuros. No counting but steadily eating sensibly and keeping on keeping on.

You an example to us all that tweaking constantly and obsessing are not necessarily the best plans. Well done lady.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:34 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Kissa.

It has to be said that Iíve done my share of obsessing over the years. Even now, though Iím not obsessing about what I eat, Iím more preoccupied than I want to be with my weight. When should I stop? Whatís the right weight? The right body fat? How low is too low? All that stuff. I get fed up of it all rattling round my head all the time.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Iíve just realised itís six months, and twenty pounds since I started alternate day dieting! Thatís brought me back into my broadly ok range ó anything now is fine tuning. According to the charts I was only just overweight, but it was enough to make me get out of breath if I climbed a lot of stairs, or carried the shopping uphill, which I donít now. (And I like fitting into my smaller clothes too .)

Happy 1/2 Judddiversary!

What a great kid, Colleen! #parentingWin !

I have nothing major to report-- I'm on the phone/managing web training last week and this week, with this week being busier-- we have 4 slots per day (back to back with 30 minutes between) and all the slots this week are full.
I don't really get 30 minutes break though, b/c I need to set up for the next session, as I'm the "host" for these events.

I know I could have a worse job-- but this is a bit boring, and the headset hurts the cartiledge part of my ears.

JUDDD wise- I can report that DH is down quite a bit

we have a Tanita electronic scale, and on the 2nd of the month, he was too heavy for it

He weighed yesterday, and he's coming close to going under 300; . He's 6'3", so he's targeting 190 or 180 as his goal weight. He's always been big-- he played rugby in his youth (loose head prop-- that's one of the big guys in the front row, if you know anything about rugby ), and we know he has a big bone structure.
Can any of our guys weigh in with what they think about that? I know, just an opinion. I think he's on the right track.

Since I went UP on the scale yesterday I found it a bit hard to be happy for him, but I have to try, right? I don't want to lie awake at night, worrying if he'll be with me in the morning.

Ok, back to the grind... ttyl!
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 AM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soren, my husband’s 6' 3" as well. He’s thinking of 180ish, but he doesn’t have a particularly large frame. I think it’s really a question of getting into the right sort of range and reassessing.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #432
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryEllenC View Post
Sometimes eating out on an UD seems as challenging as doing it on a DD....anyone else ever feel that way? When I say challenging, I mean too many things to think about (where to go, what to have, planning cals for the remainder of the day). Some days I feel like all I ever do is think about food and eating.

Mary Ellen
Yes indeed. I'm always so glad to be able to enjoy some good food on an UD, but sometimes it is tough to have to think about it so much, especially if I'm trying to fit in a special event, or a special meal and I have to skimp the rest of the day. You're not alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Cindy: Way to go.

I love the shy/not shy, introvert/extrovert discussion.

Has anyone read Quiet, by Susan Cain?
No, but I looked it up at the library site and it is a downloadable e-book. I'll be checking that out soon! Thanks for the rec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
My daughter arrived at my house last night sick, and this morning tested positive for the flu, and then after so did her mom and brother. I'm not sure why but we never got our flu shots this year! I'm keeping my distance, as much as I can, and hopefully that plus my natural tendency to never get sick will keep me from getting it. Crossing my fingers!
UCK! I didn't get a flu shot either this year. So far so good. I hope DD feels better soon, and that you don't get it from her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I was really hoping to be back in Onederland by now but I seem to be bouncing back and forth between the same two UD and DD weights.

I'm hoping it's bloat from the antibiotics. Today is the last day on those, though it will probably take a few days to build back up the gut bacteria.

Another possible factor is that my oldest son has been home from college for the last three weeks. Having him home has kind of thrown off the normal dinner routine as he was wanting to eat his favorites as he was completely sick of the cafeteria food. We took him back to school yesterday. I was glad to have him home but I think all of us are ready for a normal routine again.
I'm sure the infection and the antibiotics are keeping you full of water weight. I'll bet you'll start dropping again in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Iíve just realised itís six months, and twenty pounds since I started alternate day dieting! Thatís brought me back into my broadly ok range ó anything now is fine tuning. According to the charts I was only just overweight, but it was enough to make me get out of breath if I climbed a lot of stairs, or carried the shopping uphill, which I donít now. (And I like fitting into my smaller clothes too .)

Congratulations! You've done just great

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #433
Big Yapper!!!!

Soren, I meant to ask you how is Haka doing?
Old 01-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #434
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Soren, my husbandís 6' 3" as well. Heís thinking of 180ish, but he doesnít have a particularly large frame. I think itís really a question of getting into the right sort of range and reassessing.
180 seems rather thin for someone 6'3, but I have no idea about men's weight. All I know is that I'm near that weight at 5'4.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Soren, I meant to ask you how is Haka doing?
Thanks Carol

He's on a plateau, I guess you'd say. The plateau tilts downward, but it is a plateau of sorts.

The new med (gabapentin-- used in humans too) seems to help him a bit. It's for nerve pain (the seizure control doesn't work as well in dogs... but that's not his issue anyway).
So, while he's still having his issues, he seems sort of happier about them?

He doesn't seem to be peeing in the house anymore (that was a regular morning treat-- on the upside, he hits the pee pads we put down), but he does poop. Sigh.

I *think* because it takes so much effort for him to stand up-- he's lost a lot of strength and sensation in his back legs.

When we walk slowly, his back legs drag. He'll often stand and he's "knuckling", meaning standing with his toes curled under.
If he were healthy, he wouldn't do that. At all. It's a test the vets use for neuro issues-- the dog should flip their foot out immediately from that position.

So-- all that said-- I still rate him a bit higher than before the new med, on the quality of life scale we were given.

Walking him is challenging though-- we really have to support him when he "squats" for his business, since he doesn't have the muscles to hold himself up-- especially if it's at all icy out. Seems he squats just FINE in the house

See? I can still laugh about it

Anyway-- that's the Haka report! He's eating VERY WELL and gobbles all his food up, and is drinking ok too. He pants a bit now and then, but I hope his pain is managed with the various things we're giving him.

Off to walk him now actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
180 seems rather thin for someone 6'3, but I have no idea about men's weight. All I know is that I'm near that weight at 5'4.
I know, right? I'll be super happy when I hit 180. I just hope DH and I don't weigh the same!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
we have a Tanita electronic scale, and on the 2nd of the month, he was too heavy for it

He weighed yesterday, and he's coming close to going under 300; . He's 6'3", so he's targeting 190 or 180 as his goal weight. He's always been big-- he played rugby in his youth (loose head prop-- that's one of the big guys in the front row, if you know anything about rugby ), and we know he has a big bone structure.
Can any of our guys weigh in with what they think about that? I know, just an opinion. I think he's on the right track.

Since I went UP on the scale yesterday I found it a bit hard to be happy for him, but I have to try, right? I don't want to lie awake at night, worrying if he'll be with me in the morning.
I'm around 6'1"-6'2", need to really check because the nurse put down 6', and at 194 with about 16% body fat I'm pretty lean. Lean enough for people to think they can tell me not to lose any more. But for my height I'm still on the edge of overweight according to stupid BMI, even with a low BF%.

Getting down below 190 might be difficult, depends on how much muscle he has or will have once he gets down to a lower BF %. Having a hard target for weight might not be the right target, maybe a BF % target would be more appropriate.

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I guess I am very honest, as all my co-workers (that I talk to regularly), and my friends know that I am on a weight-loss site.
I'm always mentioning this or that about my message board to DH or my sister so it's not totally hidden. What's odd is that I'll share weight stats here with all of you, but my dear, sweet DH doesn't know how much I weigh.

Quote:

Happy Half Anniversary!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Soren, I'm glad Haka's holding his own. I know that journey you're on, all too well. I'm glad you're enjoying every moment with your sweet pup.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
This is me at about 180 lbs (177 iirc).

I'm a hair under 5'11", so for someone 4 inches taller with a large frame (I'm medium frame-ish), 180 would be really thin.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #440

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Soren, hugs for Haka!

Also, my DH is 6'3" and is currently down to 235 or so, from 450+. Honestly, he's starting to look thin-ish to me. His doctor wants him around 180, but we've discussed it and can't really see him below 200. He's broad shouldered and has a large frame (played football all through High School). His intention is to get down around 200 and re-evaluate at that time.

As I was losing, I thought 175 would be perfect, then lowered it several times from there, so who knows?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi everyone!
I feel like I'm always trying to catch up on this tread, but I love it.

I gave a training at a hospital in Queens today and got hired on the spot as a consultant. Shouldn't be loads of work, but the pay is more than fair so I'm looking forward to it. The only down side will be having to go to Queens one Saturday each quarter. If the trains and subways cooperate I can get on the first train and arrive at the hospital in an hour- not bad.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #442

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That amazing Carly, we knew you were good, but that means you are really good.

My DH is about 180 and he is 6'1", he has been around this weight for the 40 years I've known him.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Congrats, Carly!
And love to Haka.
And all the tall men.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Congrats Carly. Extra income is always appreciated. Now you can shop even more!

Soren, I was on Gabapentin for a while for my back pain. I couldn't tolerate it as my fet swelled up so badly I couldn't get any shoes on. It didn't stop the pain either. Can you tell if Haka's feet are swollen? I know a lot of people love it.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #445
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Well done Carly! Congratulations!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:21 PM   #446
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
That amazing Carly, we knew you were good, but that means you are really good.
Aw, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Congrats, Carly!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Congrats Carly. Extra income is always appreciated. Now you can shop even more!

Soren, I was on Gabapentin for a while for my back pain. I couldn't tolerate it as my fet swelled up so badly I couldn't get any shoes on. It didn't stop the pain either. Can you tell if Haka's feet are swollen? I know a lot of people love it.
Yes- technically it would mean I was entitled to at least 1 additional pair of shoes per quarter- right?

I was on Lyrica which is part Gabapentin and part benzodiazepine for my nerve damage in my back, but I too got puffy from it and it didn't help much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Well done Carly! Congratulations!!
Thank you- thank you!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Yes, Lyrica was useless, too and the swelling was even worse.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
my dh is 6 ft even and is 180. he plays ice hockey and soccer and is very lean.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #449
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Oh my! I'm never going to catch up here! But I'm trying. That's what I get for going on holiday for 3 days and staying off the Internet! It's so fun to read about the successes and a 6-month JUDDiversary! Congrats to that! And with such great success!

Gotta go back and read more.....
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post

Don't change a thing. We love you exactly the freaked out way you are.
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote