Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #361
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
:

Backatcha! I didn't copy the whole post, but agree on the "la ti da, it's a DD" but I think I'd go "whoop whoop, bust my britches it's a thank-goodness-it's-an-Up-Day UD!!!!!!" I think we need to come take the scale away from you. Glad that bounce went back down.
Are you talking about a scale intervention?? Where will I go for rehab??
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #362
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontini View Post
I've been reading some of the other diet threads here on LCF and am thinking about doing all meat and eggs along with JUDDDing for a few days, maybe up to a week. Anyone ever try this?
I have been known to throw a few egg only days in there. Never for as long as a week though. Can't do that right now as the hens are taking a break from egg laying. I pretty much do all meat on DD's right now though. Might try that again in a couple of weeks as I put a light in the henhouse tonight so they should start laying again.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I felt like this was the only safe place to talk about the number on the scale. I haven't, and won't, post anything on Facebook about diet or exercise. I talk about running, and riding, but not my specific weight loss and fitness goals. Too many people want "you" to fail and I don't want to answer questions about my WOE. Too many people get snotty IRL when I've talked about it - I can count on 2 hands the number of people I have told the truth - no way I'm putting it out there in Facebook land!
Having said that, hubby came home from the gym and announced his weight. I finally felt encouraged enough to tell him that his weight on that day was 4# LESS than my starting weight. I'm at a point now where I don't care if he knows the number. But no one else does!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #364
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
I've been reading some of the other diet threads here on LCF and am thinking about doing all meat and eggs along with JUDDDing for a few days, maybe up to a week. Anyone ever try this?
I have done all bacon days, and all HB egg days and loved them both. I haven't done it for any extended period, and just on DDs. But they usually do result in a nice whoosh. Good luck! I've been curious about the meat and egg diet at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I felt like this was the only safe place to talk about the number on the scale. I haven't, and won't, post anything on Facebook about diet or exercise. I talk about running, and riding, but not my specific weight loss and fitness goals. Too many people want "you" to fail and I don't want to answer questions about my WOE. Too many people get snotty IRL when I've talked about it - I can count on 2 hands the number of people I have told the truth - no way I'm putting it out there in Facebook land!
Having said that, hubby came home from the gym and announced his weight. I finally felt encouraged enough to tell him that his weight on that day was 4# LESS than my starting weight. I'm at a point now where I don't care if he knows the number. But no one else does!!!
Here I feel safe, although I have to remind myself that there are a lot of lurkers who never post, not just my JBs. No way I'd post anything about my weight on FB! Only a couple of my closest friends even remotely know how much I've lost and where I started. People could take a guess of course.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Carol that all bacon day sounds yummy!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
I've posted my before and after pictures on FB and never thought twice about it, but maybe thats because I'm a guy, I'm not sure. I hated how I looked before, but again that never stopped me from posting pictures of myself and now that I achieved something that seemed impossible I wanted to record that for all time on what is essentially a running blog of my life.

But at work it has started to get annoying, that some people seem to think it is ok to tell every person that comes to the office "this is Mike and he lost soooo much weight". They have actually introduced me to people this way! Complete strangers there to do group training, new employees. I'm ok with congratulations for my achievement, but my excess weight didn't define who I was and my weight loss does not define who I am right now. Sometimes I think it would be nice to switch jobs and have everyone just assume this is how I have always been and not have it be a subject of conversation. The same people who constantly bring it up, also constantly seek advice for their own weight loss, but never take the advice or say no that would be too hard and never actually try. So maybe that is where the constant reminders come from, from their own issues. But it is still annoying!

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:04 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Here I feel safe, although I have to remind myself that there are a lot of lurkers who never post, not just my JBs. No way I'd post anything about my weight on FB! Only a couple of my closest friends even remotely know how much I've lost and where I started. People could take a guess of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
I've posted my before and after pictures on FB and never thought twice about it, but maybe thats because I'm a guy, I'm not sure. I hated how I looked before, but again that never stopped me from posting pictures of myself and now that I achieved something that seemed impossible I wanted to record that for all time on what is essentially a running blog of my life.

But at work it has started to get annoying, that some people seem to think it is ok to tell every person that comes to the office "this is Mike and he lost soooo much weight". They have actually introduced me to people this way! Complete strangers there to do group training, new employees. I'm ok with congratulations for my achievement, but my excess weight didn't define who I was and my weight loss does not define who I am right now. Sometimes I think it would be nice to switch jobs and have everyone just assume this is how I have always been and not have it be a subject of conversation. The same people who constantly bring it up, also constantly seek advice for their own weight loss, but never take the advice or say no that would be too hard and never actually try. So maybe that is where the constant reminders come from, from their own issues. But it is still annoying!
to both of you.

I recently posted a photo on Facebook after much encouragement from friends. I typically post photos and most people aren't looking for the weight loss so they wouldn't know or could care less. For me I hate putting myself out there and listening to the opinions of other people. I swear all my FBF who are losing weight through whatever program are constantly talking about it and sometimes I think "We get it. You hated your body and now you love it. Not everyone wants to do what you did."

I believe we all "out" ourselves when we're ready and that's the way it should be.

I find this forum so much safer and yes I know there are people lurking who don't post, but without all of you I would have most likely given up the first time I dropped a pants size and no one noticed. Coming here to talk about my losses and annoying stalls as well as any and everything else has been the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lemontini
Stats: 205/188/135 5'6" 49yrs
WOE: JUDDD/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 10/1/13
Thanks for the input on the meat and eggs ladies. I was NOT happy with today's weigh-in after a very low DD (I'm blaming too much sodium) so I think I will give it a try next week.
Lemontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I had my best luck with HB eggs it seems with a dab of mustard on them.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #371
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I just read 5- yes 5 pages!!!!!!

Just want to say I my juddd buds!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
i am sure people are very impressed with your weight loss, Mike, as they should be!! but i can totally imagine how being introduced like that would be extremely annoying. weight loss is extremely important to all of us, but, like you said.... it isn't what defines us.
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #373
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
That is true, Colleen! Sometimes I feel like I'm not who I'm supposed to be, because of my excess weight, and I feel like I'm perceived as a different person because of it too. Especially when I was 200+ lbs. It's difficult to get beyond appearances, for ourselves, and for others, I think.

I did post (like I said) that I had lost 20 lbs (a while back!), but I didn't say my weight, and I haven't posted a full body shot on FB ever lol.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
That is true, Colleen! Sometimes I feel like I'm not who I'm supposed to be, because of my excess weight, and I feel like I'm perceived as a different person because of it too. Especially when I was 200+ lbs. It's difficult to get beyond appearances, for ourselves, and for others, I think.
I did post (like I said) that I had lost 20 lbs (a while back!), but I didn't say my weight, and I haven't posted a full body shot on FB ever lol.
I totally agree! I did not have confidence in myself when I was heavy and I'm not sure if others did or at least not as much as I think they do now. I could be wrong about others or it could be that I exude more confidence now and that has effected others more than the weight loss, but I think appearances do effect how we receive others.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/155/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Carly, I'm with you...I my JB's., I know I couldn't have lost what I have on my own. It was with the help of all here I did.

Very interesting chats going on here and I'm glad to see 'em. I'll have to try some of the suggestions...vaporub on the feet...may it help the o'nite sinuses. Someone suggested an essential oil of "eucalyptus blue" which I tried before remembering I'm allergic to the pollens...a couple of days later I'm in bed running fevers and the sinuses running wild.

I'm not on FB but am being pushed to do so by friends and family, so am very interested in your comments there.

Oh, yeah, since I'm getting back to attacking my last 30 pounds, really appreciate the comments on the all meat/eggs for down days. What do you eat to keep the calories down. And any suggestions on "eating up" to UD calories. I can't seem to hit the marks...tried yesterday and just couldn't eat that much. Oh, I don't eat before noon, so I'm having 17 hours fasting almost every day.

I may be a lurker most of the time, but I really appreciate your comments, so keep 'em coming... to all y'all.

Patience and Persistence not perfection

Last edited by Mssarge; 01-11-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #376

Cindy and Carly, I agree with these sentiments. I do think people perceive heavy people differently (not as smart, not as dedicated, not as capable), but I also think other react to how we present ourselves. When we are heavy we kind of shrink into the background and try not to attract a lot of attention. When we feel better about ourselves, we are more assertive, speak out more freely, etc. We just exude more confidence in ourselves, and so people have more confidence in us. Vicious cycle, in a good way when this happens.

Mary, you just lurk all you want. I love it when you post and let us know what's up with you though. Great to see you around more lately!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #377
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
My confidence game has definitely improved since losing the weight. My managers take me more seriously and I am more willing to take on bigger more prominent roles on the projects. The part I still need to work on is my personal confidence outside of work, I'm still a shy fat guy on the inside in most social situations. I'm trying to put myself into more social situations to overcome that and build a social circle outside of work, but I still find myself looking for excuses to opt out of things or choosing not to join. This group helps, I find myself opening up more and trying to participate more, so hopefully I can eventually bring that to real world situations.
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I was painfully shy as a child and I wasn't fat then. I gained the weight after I started having kids.

As I got older the light came on and I no longer let my size dictate how I felt about myself. I love myself no matter what. I got tired of hauling around all that extra weight and finally got serious for my health.

I really think that people pick up on our low self esteem and treat us accordingly no matter what our size. If we think we are not good enough so will others.
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Cindy and Carly, I agree with these sentiments. I do think people perceive heavy people differently (not as smart, not as dedicated, not as capable), but I also think other react to how we present ourselves. When we are heavy we kind of shrink into the background and try not to attract a lot of attention. When we feel better about ourselves, we are more assertive, speak out more freely, etc. We just exude more confidence in ourselves, and so people have more confidence in us. Vicious cycle, in a good way when this happens.
This has been my experience in both directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planelman View Post
My confidence game has definitely improved since losing the weight. My managers take me more seriously and I am more willing to take on bigger more prominent roles on the projects. The part I still need to work on is my personal confidence outside of work, I'm still a shy fat guy on the inside in most social situations. I'm trying to put myself into more social situations to overcome that and build a social circle outside of work, but I still find myself looking for excuses to opt out of things or choosing not to join. This group helps, I find myself opening up more and trying to participate more, so hopefully I can eventually bring that to real world situations.
I'm shy is some respects and also cautious. I don't open up to everyone and anyone, but people I know, like and trust I enjoy being with.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #380

Such good conversations going on here!

So, I've been awake since 3:00 this morning. I tried to get back to sleep for awhile, read for about an hour, tried to sleep again, and finally gave up a little after 5:00. I was just lying there feeling alert and energetic, so I got up, got myself put together, and started my day. I've been so productive this morning (it's now noon) and have felt so full of zoom and energy. I've felt the DD mental clarity and energy before, but this is ridiculous!

Talked to my mom on the phone earlier and she said I'm talking fast and cracking jokes like there's no tomorrow. What's going on? I'm starting to feel a little like I'm fading, which is not surprising on less than 4 hours of sleep. Luckily, I can take a nap today and I plan to do just that.

I'd love to feel this level of energy and focus every day. I said "DAY" not middle of the night, thank you very much.

Ramble over. You'll just have to bear with me today.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
I've never seen myself as shy, but it has come to my attention that I'm a very guarded person. Thinking about that I believe my weight has already made me hyper-vigilant and I'm constantly expecting people to make comments that I have to pretend do not bother me.

Carol, GO TO SLEEP! :-)
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #382
Senior LCF Member

i had always been a very confident person, but i noticed that starting to change as i got bigger and bigger. a mixture of hypothyroid, getting older and having a baby at an older age really did me in weight wise. i hate that my confidence is linked to my personal appearance. it shouldn't be, but a big part of it definitely is. i also REALLY dislike how people perceive others when they are over weight. we are just as smart, capable, loving, and AMAZING no matter what weight we are.

we just need to truly believe it. than perhaps others will too.

Colleen- 42 years young

10/15/13 - 137 ---- Started JUDDD
12/3/13 - 128.0
01/02/14 - 125.9
my Goal 115
Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lemontini
Stats: 205/188/135 5'6" 49yrs
WOE: JUDDD/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 10/1/13
Got my pterostilbene in the mail yesterday and took my first dose this morning. I'm excited to see what effect it will have, I'd love to have the extra energy some of you report. Seems like I'm always tired.
Lemontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:46 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Got my pterostilbene in the mail yesterday and took my first dose this morning. I'm excited to see what effect it will have, I'd love to have the extra energy some of you report. Seems like I'm always tired.
Got mine yesterday, too! Gonna try it out this morning. Are you going to start out with 50mg or jump right in to a higher dosage?

Last edited by nikki; 01-12-2014 at 09:50 AM..
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I've never seen myself as shy, but it has come to my attention that I'm a very guarded person. Thinking about that I believe my weight has already made me hyper-vigilant and I'm constantly expecting people to make comments that I have to pretend do not bother me.

Carol, GO TO SLEEP! :-)
I did just that, Lisa! A lovely, 2 hour, Saturday afternoon nap. And I slept great last night so I think I'm back on schedule now.

I would consider myself guarded as well. I don't immediately open up to people I don't know well. I was a shy child too. Had to get over that for my job. Or should I say, I've had to fake not being shy, because I'm still not a natural social butterfly.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #386
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Everyone. Hope all are having a good Sunday.

I've decided to tackle a leaky kitchen faucet myself. Bf has said to call a plumber, but it seems so ridiculous when it should be a simple task. The main thing that is a hassle is turning off the water. For some reason, when my house was built (2005), they didn't install shut-off valves under the sinks. I cannot for the life of me understand why, except maybe it took a little more effort and money. Anyone have a clue whether there would be a shut-off valve somewhere else, other than the main water line at the meter?

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
I would consider myself guarded as well. I don't immediately open up to people I don't know well. I was a shy child too. Had to get over that for my job. Or should I say, I've had to fake not being shy, because I'm still not a natural social butterfly.
Me too, Carol!

Cindy, I don't know, but I admire you for your can-do attiude!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

people see me as very out going, and i guess i am, but if they would take the time to step back and look at the situation.... they would see that i very seldom say ANYTHING about myself. i am the queen of questions. get people talking about themselves and you never have to worry about spilling your own secrets i have a select handful (2???) people who i confide with. everyone else gets redirected and once again, they find the conversation is all about them!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi Everyone. Hope all are having a good Sunday.

I've decided to tackle a leaky kitchen faucet myself. Bf has said to call a plumber, but it seems so ridiculous when it should be a simple task. The main thing that is a hassle is turning off the water. For some reason, when my house was built (2005), they didn't install shut-off valves under the sinks. I cannot for the life of me understand why, except maybe it took a little more effort and money. Anyone have a clue whether there would be a shut-off valve somewhere else, other than the main water line at the meter?
can you follow the pipe at all? i know i have a shut off valve in the basement.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #390
Big Yapper!!!!

I read that. How do you follow a pipe from under the kitchen sink? Also, I don't have a basement.