Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 04:18 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
nope! i am the bad one LOL!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawn007
Stats: 163/164/148
WOE: Low Carb/ JUDDD
Start Date: January 2007
Well I didn't think anyone was as bad as I am!
Dawn007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
You scared me. I thought I had been bad.
No, that's only when you make copious amounts of cajeta.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
No, that's only when you make copious amounts of cajeta.
Guess I should not admit I made up a bunch of cajeta and canned it in pint and 1/2 pint jars since I will soon be having baby goats and they will get all of the milk huh.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/155/136, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
SlimNana I love the gif!

Kissa Imagine telling people I'm a dodo!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
I had never heard of cajeta. Is it like a "jacked up" caramel sauce!
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:15 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT View Post
I had never heard of cajeta. Is it like a "jacked up" caramel sauce!
It is a caramel sauce so full of sugar. You just take a gallon of raw goat milk, add 4 cups of sugar and a couple of vanilla beans and cook it for many hours until it is a thick caramel sauce or keep cooking carefully and it is a soft caramel. I can't even guess the calories and I love it with pecans or walnuts which makes it worse. I have some canned since kidding season is almost here and baby goats and the now two bottle calves will get all of the milk. THAT IS A GOOD THING. I have no portion control with cajeta.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12

Last edited by adillenal; 01-12-2014 at 07:17 AM..
Old 01-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #99
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
This is not a good post for DD reading.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
has any one actually tried and had success with incorporating Resveratrol with JUDDD, as Dr. Johnson recommends?

varady pooh poohs the SIR1 research, i believe, stating that there's no concrete research done in humans.

i know that i have never experienced the energy from SIR1 that others have experienced. i sure could use it.

varady deals with real people, in a lab. johnson is a plastic surgeon. does he deal with real people/dieters, in a clinic or a lab? who do you believe?

Last edited by jenericstewart; 01-12-2014 at 03:07 PM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
This is not a good post for DD reading.
It is a DD for me too.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
has any one actually tried and had success with incorporating Resveratrol with JUDDD, as Dr. Johnson recommends?

varady pooh poohs the SIR1 research, i believe, stating that there's no concrete research done in humans.

i know that i have never experienced the energy from SIR1 that others have experienced. i sure could use it.

varady deals with real people, in a lab. johnson is a plastic surgeon. does he deal with real people/dieters, in a clinic or a lab? who do you believe?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Johnson mentions working with patients who are on the diet, but I don't recall if they were his plastic surgery patients?
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
He does deal with 'real people'. I believe both of them.

There are many physical processes for which most of the data available is based on animal studies, not human. I would like to see more SIRT1 experiments done on humans (raising hand to volunteer!) but I am also happy to use the evidence we have from animal studies.

The most compelling evidence I have seen so far, is how it has worked for ME! After all, though it is best for our knowledge base, to have many people involved in an experiment to find averages, in the end, we each one of us live our lives as individuals, not as data points.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Didn't know we were choosing up sides but here is a quote from Dr. J in his first book. "I have struggled most of my life to maintain a healthy weight. As a plastic surgeon performing liposuction, I have counseled thousands of patients about their weight. Until a few years ago, however, my advice appeared to be inadequate, because very few of my patients lost weight and kept it off. Then in 2003 I had an epiphany. I read about an experiment done on some fat mice at the National Institutes of Health that changed my life."
Old 01-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/169; 5'6", 52 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Didn't know we were choosing up sides
sorry. i didn't mean to sound like i'm choosing sides.

it is frustrating to me to hear contradictory information. i've been at this long enough to appreciate both of these doctors. i've just wondered which doctor's giving true clinical trials. i'm always on the look-out for tid bits of information that will aid me in this venture. i not only want to be one of the 3% who do not gain my weight back but also can do it without frustration.

i've often thought that i wish someone would write a diet step-by-step book: once you get to point B, if point 1 doesn't work, move to point 2. if point 2 doesn't work, move to point 3. then once you get to point c, if point 1 doesn't work, move to point 2, etc.

i'm one of "those" who dieting's always a struggle. i lose weight very slowly, despite tedius strictness. not only that, i struggle with leptin/ghrelin issues. so the saying that any diet will work, as long as you stick with it, doesn't really apply to me in my world. i suspect that there are more people out there like me who have similar issues. even at my highest weight, i didn't eat a lot. if i had eaten all i'd wanted to eat, i'd have been one of those 600 pounders you see on TV having the gastric by-pass.

recent studies show that only 3% of dieters retain their weight lost by the five year marker. what is frustrating to me is the lack of research done about that. actually, i'm more prone to listen/believe someone who's truly been obese, like me. if it will on someone like me, then it should work on the majority of the population.

imho

Last edited by jenericstewart; 01-13-2014 at 06:16 AM..
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:09 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
My N=1 points to intermittent fasting having a whole lot more going on than just weight loss. My NSV list is pretty impressive (arthritis gone, glowing complexion, Ketosis while eating carbs, apparently blood glucose stabilized).

V is correct, I think, there have been no peer-reviewed studies done on the effect of SIRT1 activation on human weight loss. However, at the end of 2012 I did find human studies around the impact of SIRT1 on other body aspects...which, coincidentally, matched to some of my NSVs.

Most telling was an innocent little study that rocked my world by defining a dependency between SIRT1 activation and going into Ketosis.

In the long run we may learn SIRT1 just happens to be hanging around while the magic happens...but so far it works as a theory. If something else is eventually proven, this intelligent and thoughtful board will make the scientific leap with ease.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:16 AM   #108

I take Reveratrol and Pterostilbene. I added the Reveratrol after reading on line information, not Dr J's info, I didn't doubt him exactly, but I am always wary if they are selling the things themselves.

I cannot say for certain whether they help or not. I do know how well and energetic I feel almost all the time, and I don't think I look to bad for my age either. I will be honest, it is the ant-aging and anti inflammatory effects that interest me most.

I am sorry you struggle with leptin/ghrelin problems.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
When I started JUDDD and up to now I have never read any book about ADF or looked further at Dr. J's website than the calculator. All the how to information and evidence that it could work I gathered from this forum. Seeing actual people doing it and succeeding and yes some failing or not being able to stick to it or it not working for them. Based on my own research I tried it and found it worked well and I was successful at it and reached my goal and beyond.

I honestly don't really know what a SIRT1 is and if it exists or works the same for humans. But I do know that this WOE did work for me and can potentially work for others.

Sometimes I think many people can get so wrapped around the axel trying to figure out is something might work that they procrastinate to the point where they talk themselves out of it or get distracted by something else they research to death. Pick something, really anything, try it out for an amount of time where you can say that you legitimately gave it all you got and evaluate the actual results for you. If it worked, carry on, if it didn't, did you really implement it correctly and can you maybe tweak it to make it work? If not then keep looking for what will work.

It's a journey not just an errand you run out to do for a short time, it takes a while and may have many legs to that journey. And like a journey it should change you and change you for the better. At the end you should have learned how to eat and be active for health and pleasure so that you can maintain and not end up back where you began. The problem with the people who regain after 5 years or sooner is they treat it like an errand and when they are done they just go back to their normal bad eating habits and just like an errand they end up doing that errand over and over again dieting and re-dieting to lose the same weight again.

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #110

Old 01-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I can see myself fasting on a regular basis, whether it is every other day, once per week, or somewhere in between, for the rest of my life. I had never considered even occasional fasting before two years ago, so it is surprising. But I have seen such good effects from it. I hope it becomes ore accepted in our society. Right now, it has a bad reputation. Too many people think your are 'being anorexic'. They don't see it as a moderate response, but rather as an extreme one. I wonder how we can change that perception.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I have nothing to add other than I'm still laughing at being a DODO-head.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
sorry. i didn't mean to sound like i'm choosing sides.

it is frustrating to me to hear contradictory information. i've been at this long enough to appreciate both of these doctors. i've just wondered which doctor's giving true clinical trials. i'm always on the look-out for tid bits of information that will aid me in this venture. i not only want to be one of the 3% who do not gain my weight back but also can do it without frustration.

i've often thought that i wish someone would write a diet step-by-step book: once you get to point B, if point 1 doesn't work, move to point 2. if point 2 doesn't work, move to point 3. then once you get to point c, if point 1 doesn't work, move to point 2, etc.

i'm one of "those" who dieting's always a struggle. i lose weight very slowly, despite tedius strictness. not only that, i struggle with leptin/ghrelin issues. so the saying that any diet will work, as long as you stick with it, doesn't really apply to me in my world. i suspect that there are more people out there like me who have similar issues. even at my highest weight, i didn't eat a lot. if i had eaten all i'd wanted to eat, i'd have been one of those 600 pounders you see on TV having the gastric by-pass.

recent studies show that only 3% of dieters retain their weight lost by the five year marker. what is frustrating to me is the lack of research done about that. actually, i'm more prone to listen/believe someone who's truly been obese, like me. if it will on someone like me, then it should work on the majority of the population.

imho
I found the book "Mastering Leptin" to be very good. Pretty straight forward and very doable. As long as I stick to those guidelines I have decent weightloss. I am not following all of them right now and struggling so maybe I need to get that book off the shelf for some additional reading.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Mastering Leptin is a good solid book but he also sells a lot of products if you look at his website. It always bugs me that he says if you are doing ML correctly you should weigh the same in the evening as you do in the morning...WTH.. I have never ever weighed the same in the morning as I do in the evening, even with fasting, HCG etc. He is big on whey protein, and of course he sells it. Same as the bulletproof guy, he started with coffee and now he is selling snacks for Pete's sake.

If you notice, Dr J has a silent co-author. When Dr J's book first came out many years ago I remember reading a review from a medical professional who was eager to read the book on account of this co-author, who apparently is a highly respected teaching professor from a learning college. Perhaps this professor has a lot more input in this book than we realise.

Secondly even before Krista there is a Harvard based researcher called David Sinclair who has been mentioned in Dr J's books. He has been researching Resveratrol for many years and says he takes it every day, along with his wife and parents. To my knowledge he doesn't sell it but I understand his research is continuing; he made the news a year or so ago stating that people could live to 150 in the future. So I understand Resveratrol is not perfect and he is working on something better to mimic the effects of fasting. He has stated that fasting is the optimum strategy but he can't do it...nawww poor him...the DODO's could teach him a thing or two

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

I hereby formally propose we drop the term "JUDDD BUDDD" and replace it with "DODO"!!!!!!!!!

If the emotion is high, I believe the term "DODO BUDDD" might be substituted.

But I am reasonably sure "JUDDD DODO" will get us in trouble (after all, we know Dr J is watching)

Does anyone second the motion?
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #116

I love DODO!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’ll be a dodo too.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I am a DoDo Buddd Some even mistakenly call me a Dodo Bird.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
Mastering Leptin is a good solid book but he also sells a lot of products if you look at his website. It always bugs me that he says if you are doing ML correctly you should weigh the same in the evening as you do in the morning...WTH.. I have never ever weighed the same in the morning as I do in the evening, even with fasting, HCG etc. He is big on whey protein, and of course he sells it. Same as the bulletproof guy, he started with coffee and now he is selling snacks for Pete's sake.

If you notice, Dr J has a silent co-author. When Dr J's book first came out many years ago I remember reading a review from a medical professional who was eager to read the book on account of this co-author, who apparently is a highly respected teaching professor from a learning college. Perhaps this professor has a lot more input in this book than we realise.

Secondly even before Krista there is a Harvard based researcher called David Sinclair who has been mentioned in Dr J's books. He has been researching Resveratrol for many years and says he takes it every day, along with his wife and parents. To my knowledge he doesn't sell it but I understand his research is continuing; he made the news a year or so ago stating that people could live to 150 in the future. So I understand Resveratrol is not perfect and he is working on something better to mimic the effects of fasting. He has stated that fasting is the optimum strategy but he can't do it...nawww poor him...the DODO's could teach him a thing or two
I just read the book "Mastering Leptin". I didn't even know he had a website and was selling anything. Don't laugh but I thought that was ridiculous too but sometimes if I behave on an UD I will weigh less before bed than when I got up that morning. Course my good UD's are far and few between.
And I see the second author on Dr. J's first and second book but never actually see anything attributed specifically to him. Just that he was an adjunct professor at Stanford on the inside cover of the first book.

Last edited by adillenal; 01-13-2014 at 06:35 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

I hereby formally propose we drop the term "JUDDD BUDDD" and replace it with "DODO"!!!!!!!!!

If the emotion is high, I believe the term "DODO BUDDD" might be substituted.

But I am reasonably sure "JUDDD DODO" will get us in trouble (after all, we know Dr J is watching)

Does anyone second the motion?
I dunno, plenty of people out there already think we're DODOs for eating the way we do.

I got a nice chuckle out the of the DODO, but JUDDD BUDDDs just has a certain ... "jenne se qua" (my French is rusty ) about it.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote