Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oceania
Stats: 158/155.5/145 32%/28%/24% BF; 5'9
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sep 21, 2013
Why did you choose JUDDD over other IF methods?

Just curious because there's a number of methods out there for intermittent fasting, why did you choose JUDDD? For me, it was the first one I heard of (never heard of IF until recently). However, I've been doing some research on IF lately and have come to discover Leangains and Eat Stop Eat (ESE)

I've decided to try out to ESE for a few months starting on Thursday and see how that goes. Basically you fast for 24 hours once or twice a week - it's that simple. I'm going to start with twice a week to jump start the fat loss especially having put on 10lbs since the holidays and then go to once a week once. So basically I would stop eating at 6 or 7pm and not eat anything until the following day at 6/7 - I won't be hungry before bed, will be sleeping for 8 hours - so really it's only 12 hours. I do see myself returning to JUDDD for maintenance as that has proven to work for me, but I'm not disciplined enough for weight loss.

I find ESE more appealing because you can choose what day to fast and also what time and that can change week to week so it works with your schedule. You also only have to fast once or twice/week unlike JUDDD which is 3 or 4 (under 500 cal is near fasting as far as I'm concerned but you don't get the full benefits of pure fasting which is also preferred on JUDDD). I think this has contributed somewhat to my over-eating on UD because I'm fasting every other day which is a lot (half the time) so I try to get in foods that I wanted to eat but didn't get a chance...I realize this isn't a shortcoming of the diet but rather my poor relationship with food but for that reason JUDDD isn't probably the best plan for me for weight loss, but is perfect for maintenance. Also with JUDDD if you're doing 0cal, you're actually fasting for more than 24 hours.

Another reason why I'm going to try ESE out is that it will work better for workout routine as I like to work out on set days, rather than alternating. I also don't have to worry about planning events that involve eating based on my JUDDD schedule which has been a bit of a pain. I will know in advance what days I'm fasting. More importantly, I don't have to go to bed feeling ravenous this a problem for me on JUDDD - moderate hunger I can handle but not severe.

I'm really excited to try ESE!! Wish me luck!
oceania is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Ultimately, all of the various fasting WOEs invoke the same, natural reaction in the body and lead to the same goals. No one pattern is right for everyone so, if one pattern does not work, it is a very good idea to try alternatives.

I wish you more than luck, I wish you do find the eating pattern and WOL that best supports your health and happiness.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
What Rock star Nancy says
Plus proof is in the JUDDD pudding.
Several examples of this woe working.
We all are different, experimenting isn't a bad thing.
I was like you, not knowing about IF.
Ive learned so much from these losers, I'm sticking around.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Good luck to you!
I know for me fasting once or even twice a week would not have yielded the weight loss I wanted, but it sounds like this will be a good plan for you.

Let us know how you are making out with it.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Planelman
Stats: 350.1/206.4/190(10%BF) 6' 44
WOE: Leangains/Carb Backloading
Start Date: 7/14/2011
I was doing several types of IF before JUDDD, 16/8, 24 hour fast once a week, eating primal and tracking calories at a deficit that should have ended up with a 1-2lb a week loss but nothing was moving even with a fairly high activity level.

So I found and decided to try JUDDD and it is what got my losses started again and allowed me to lose that last 10 lbs, and then 8 more I didn't know I wanted to lose until I lost the last 10 and re-evaluated.

Also once I dialed in my macro ratios correctly JUDDD did seem to target fat loss over muscle loss and I was able to increase my strength in the gym and lose weight. I never did really low DD's, and probably averaged around 500-600 calories for DD's, but I also had a fairly high activity level.

Now I really don't do JUDDD, but I am doing 16/8 now and working on recomp.

159.3 Pounds lost since 7/14/2011

Low Calorie: 7/14/2011 - 80lbs lost
Primal: 4/20/2012 - 55.3lbs lost
JUDDD: 4/10/2013 - 23.4lbs lost
Nutritional Ketosis 9/1/2013 - 15.4% BF
Planelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I fell into JUDDD accidentally, trying to give my digestive system a rest. I'm so glad i found it because it has been the one method that helps me get back on track QUICKLY after slips. I figure no matter what I do, I'm not going to do it perfectly, so being able to start again, quickly and easily, is a real blessing for me.

I don't know that I would have chosen ADF on purpose as a diet of lifestyle- it goes against so much of what we are (wrongly, I now believe)taught. I need to try to find a way to get around that, when I am trying to convince others to give it a try.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
I chose JUDDD because I wanted to use the method that would yield the most bang for the buck in weight loss terms.
I'll be looking at the other IE WOE for maintenence - the ESE or 5:2 are what I'm leaning towards.
I'd love to have been able to do 5:2 for WL, but I think 2 days fasting would not have been as effective for me.
If I had issues with overeating on UD, I would have more seriously considered 5:2, to lessen the feeling of deprivation as you are experiencing. I think it's wise to make adjustments when needed, because we are all so different.
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Like you, I chose JUDDD because I had never heard of IF before when I found it. It wasn't until I started reading here, and doing more research on my own that I discovered the other types of IF. And since, by then, I was firmly entrenched and loving JUDDD, I filed the info away as "interesting but not for me at this time."
During my maintenance break, I did a mish-mash of IFs to maintain. Some days I'd have a down day, I'd throw in a "potato hack" meal, I'd have an eating window (Fast 5). Some days I'd have several UDs in a row! Over 6 months I lost about 10#, but thats not fast enough for me in WLM. So the only thing that works for me, long term for WLM, is JUDDD.
But we know that one-size-does-not-fit-all. Its pretty awesome to be able to take what you can use and discard what doesn't.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good luck with ESE, oceania! I'm very anxious to hear how it works for you, so please do keep posting and letting us know how it works, both in your life and in losses.

I chose JUDDD because I was looking for a way to really speed up my losses after stalling on Atkins. I had looked into HCG and the Salerno diet (500 calories every day) and found this board. I'm so happy to have found it. I think I could do ESE, and would do it in a heartbeat if I thought my losses would speed up, but I don't know that they would. I guess I would need to try it and experiment, but I'm not quite ready to do that. Your results will be very interesting.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’m not strictly doing JUDDD, but I chose every other day calorie restriction because my husband is fasting on alternate days, so the daily pattern fits, and I don’t usually handle fasting very well, so restriction appeals more than complete fasting.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

I was wondering how the fat loss compares to JUDDD because you're only fasting 1-2/week but I guess there's no way of knowing until I try. I can always come back to JUDDD if I'm not getting the results I want - it's always good to switch things up ;o). The other thing I have to consider this is the last 10lbs for me which is probably the oldest and most stubborn fat I have so I will have to remember to patient.

Thanks for the good wishes, I plan to still hang around here for the support so I will definitely you all posted )

Happy new year all, here's to a great 2014!!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
I tried the Fast-5 method for a while but it was difficult to get enough food in that short time and my stomach was constantly upset. Then I changed it to a 16:8 which was easier on my gut but I didn't lose weight. I also tried the 24 hour fasts but thought they were kind of hokey because you are just basically skipping breakfast and lunch a couple times a week.

I've been interested in the health benefits of CRON (calorie restriction with optimal nutrition) for quite some time but found I have a hard time just eating a small amount day after day. I was doing some searching around for ideas on it and came across Dr. Mosley's Horizon program on CRON and IF. Since ADF gives the same benefits as CRON but giving you the ability to eat normally EOD, I thought I could do much better with that over the day after day restriction.

Since it is easier for me to eat nothing than a little, I do full fasts EOD and quite like it. I've actually lost 10 pounds over the Thanksgiving through Christmas season while eating what I wanted (I need to work on the optimal nutrition part after the holidays ). I am very pleased.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I hadn't ever heard of intermittent fasting ... I was here on the LCF board, trying low carb AGAIN, knowing it works for me but that I had never been able to sustain it past a 30-40 pound loss, so I was trying carb cycling to see if that would work. I saw a post from Beeb in another forum with a tagline about how she got to maintenance and not only maintained but lost a little more on JUDDD, and I got curious. I checked out the JUDDD board, and debated with myself a LOT over whether I wanted to try it. Was it a fad? Could I possibly do 500 calorie days? Can you really have up days and lose? Everyone here was so positive, though, and I decided to give it a try.

I didn't know about any of the other plans at that time. Now that I know about them, I'm interested in them, but I haven't tried any, because I don't want to mess with the one diet I've ever been able to stick to long term. I would if JUDDD didn't work for me, though ... ditto what Nancy said. Please keep us posted! I'm very interested as well. Wishing you the best, and I'm glad you'll still be around.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

By the way, the most effective form of IF I ever did up until this point was a program where you ate whatever you wanted but only in small amounts and only when physically hungry. I lost 50 pounds with that and have maintained half of that loss for 15 years. Not the most rousing success story but better than the alternative (and the only thing that has ever worked for me long term).
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I hadn't ever heard of intermittent fasting ... I was here on the LCF board, trying low carb AGAIN, knowing it works for me but that I had never been able to sustain it past a 30-40 pound loss, so I was trying carb cycling to see if that would work. I saw a post from Beeb in another forum with a tagline about how she got to maintenance and not only maintained but lost a little more on JUDDD, and I got curious. I checked out the JUDDD board, and debated with myself a LOT over whether I wanted to try it. Was it a fad? Could I possibly do 500 calorie days? Can you really have up days and lose? Everyone here was so positive, though, and I decided to give it a try.

I didn't know about any of the other plans at that time. Now that I know about them, I'm interested in them, but I haven't tried any, because I don't want to mess with the one diet I've ever been able to stick to long term. I would if JUDDD didn't work for me, though ... ditto what Nancy said. Please keep us posted! I'm very interested as well. Wishing you the best, and I'm glad you'll still be around.

This was exactly my experience and JUDDD introduction. I think it was either Beeb (Linda) or SoHappy (Pat) who directed me here, and I couldn't be happier.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I already mentioned how I got interested in ADF. However, I actually found this sub-forum a year ago or so when the potato hack was all the rage. I read through the potato threads but thought JUDDD was kind of weird.

Then, after I watched the Mosley Horizon program, I remembered this forum and thought "Ah ha! I can do that!".

I wish I had started JUDDD a year ago, though.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I also tried the 24 hour fasts but thought they were kind of hokey because you are just basically skipping breakfast and lunch a couple times a week.
I never thought about that way...you're right! OK now I'm rethinking my decision, maybe I'll stick with JUDDD and stop being a wimp. Arghhh! I hate making decisions, I'm so indecisive!!

Quote:
Since it is easier for me to eat nothing than a little, I do full fasts EOD and quite like it. I've actually lost 10 pounds over the Thanksgiving through Christmas season while eating what I wanted (I need to work on the optimal nutrition part after the holidays ). I am very pleased.
Congratulations, that's awesome!! What do you mean by "full fast EOD", what is that?
Old 12-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I already mentioned how I got interested in ADF. However, I actually found this sub-forum a year ago or so when the potato hack was all the rage. I read through the potato threads but thought JUDDD was kind of weird.

Then, after I watched the Mosley Horizon program, I remembered this forum and thought "Ah ha! I can do that!".

You can't go back in time, so don't even think about it. The important thing is you're doing it now and next year this time (it will go by real fast) you'll be reflecting over your progress!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Oceania, I certainly understand wanting to try different methods. I have struggled mightily for over a year on JUDDD, but I have had success, albeit small. I will stick with it because there has never been another diet to my knowledge that allows me to eat normally most days of the week. There has also never been another diet that I could stick with more than a month or so at a time. I am certain I would be closer to 250 lbs by now than to 170, if I had continued searching for the perfect diet.

I think Frosty Bev meant that he only has liquids (no food) EOD (every other day), which is an option while doing JUDDD.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I chose JUDDD entirely to be able to manage my caloric level. At the time, I'd lost almost 100lbs doing a generic low carb (I'm very carb sensitive). Then I began gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for months until I realized that my 'smaller' body needed even fewer calories. I had been eating about 1200 cal, and that proved to be maintenance for me (I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid and have what my endo considers a 'genetically slow metabolism--hence the need for very low calories).

I had to drop to 900 cal (with doctor's blessing), but I found that was too difficult to do 7 days a week. I found JUDDD and began with a 400/1400 division and began losing again--just a pound a week.

I stayed with JUDDD to goal, and for the past 3 years I've been maintaining by cycling calories with a few 350 cal days each week (more if needed).

HOWEVER, while it may be technically IF, I don't consider it that because I actually eat constantly! I was never someone who could limit to one meal or eating in a specific window of hours. I get anxious at the thought that I can't eat. My DDs are typically egg-white 'omelets' of 50 cal or so, along with some tuna at times. This allows me frequent 'meals,' and I really do best eating very little but often.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I think Frosty Bev meant that he only has liquids (no food) EOD (every other day), which is an option while doing JUDDD.
Yep, that's it. No calories on down days. I was originally going to do a 4:3 fasting method, with fixed down days on M, W, F but I like the weight loss better with every other day fasting. I'll save the 4:3 for when I get closer to maintenance.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Ohhh ok - I was confused because I thought EOD was end of day...lol. I still haven't gotten the hang of all the acronyms used on this board...haha

I've decided to stick with JUDDD - hearing the great stories and all)

After my experience from yesterday (I didn't eat anything until 7:30pm and then was starving for the whole night and couldn't fall asleep and had to get up and 2am and eat some cottage cheese) I've decided I'm going to try not eating any calories - only limit myself to coffee with cream, drinking water and chewing gum. This worked for me yesterday during the day, it was only when I ate that all hell broke loose...lol

This also means I'm going to have alternating workout day, so I workout only on UD, it's going to be a bit of a pain but it will be worth it, I'm sure.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Working out in fasted state

There are quite a few articles about working out in a fasted state and the amazing benefits. Keepingitlit is one of the LCF posters. Google the subject, though and you will be surprised by the info out there.

I found this through BEEB and then followed Leo41. Unfortunately all of the original posts have been deleted, but it has been great for me. I seem to be in a bit of a holding position right now, but that is OK. I have a long trip coming up and am not worried about gaining. I know I won't lose, but the habit of just not overeating has become somewhat ingrained.

Enjoy JUDDD. 2014 is going to be great for all of us!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Good luck to you!
I know for me fasting once or even twice a week would not have yielded the weight loss I wanted, but it sounds like this will be a good plan for you.

Let us know how you are making out with it.
Yep. I just didn't seem to get as good results from the other IF plans. Going to try fasting 3 days a week when I get to maintenance.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:47 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
To follow up SeaBreeze's excellent post:

FWIW, in my N=1, I exercise when I have time to exercise, regardless of UD vs DD. When I can run, I run. When I can lift, I lift. I've been running long enough to know, without a doubt that, for ME, it makes no difference whether its UD or DD. The only thing I do "different" is I will add some Gu if my run is over 6 miles and I do not count those calories towards my DD calories if my long run happens to be on a DD.
I've started a new lifting program and it is AMAZING the results I'm getting!! Gotta say, if my results were better for having lifted only on days my dieting could accommodate, I'd be Arnold by now.
I think that, for most of us, the "feeding the exercise" is just not necessary the way that "they" tell us it is. Just like it isn't always true that if you eat every 2-3 hours in small, frequent meals, you'll lose weight.
Brother is a professional martial arts competitor, sister is an aspiring fitness model, other sister a former national level competitive gymnast (seriously - why did they get all the fitness/skinny genes? I'd trade a few brain cells for a smaller fanny in a heartbeat!) Anyway, they all agree that unless you're working out 3-4 hours a day, every day, and have very specific nutritional needs based on your athletic performance, you're unlikely to need to worry about those types of things. In fact, most people grossly over estimate what they burn when they work out and consume too much "recovery" fuel and end up negating the effects of their workout.
For most of us, its just not necessary.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wiiiifit
Stats: 20/12/8
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 2012
I chose JUDDD originally before I heard of IF, several years ago when the JUDDD book came out. It is the only plan I have ever been able to get consistent results and stick to long term. I do LC JUDDD because of thyroid and hormones (PCOS.) I have experimented with some of the other IF plans along the way; but I always come back to JUDDD because it works for me. I have been doing a version of JUDDD/IF/LC for two years now with the only exceptions being while on vacation.
wiiiifit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:43 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Set the wayback machine for September 2011.

I was in a classic LC stall (lost 5 pounds the first week, stopped losing) and trying weeks of various eating patterns and calories (for the next three months the only time the scale changed/dropped - a total of 2.5 pounds and I ate zero carb through Thanksgiving and Christmas - was when I ate too many carbs ). I was determined to skull this thing out.

Looking around LCF, I wondered what the heck is J-U-D-D-D?? So, I read. And I read studies. And I started posting that, as soon as I got LC moving I was going to go to LC WOE/JUDDD eating pattern.

Pat (SoHappy) challenged me...why wait?

GOOD question. Did I want to solve the LC stall puzzle more than I wanted to lose weight? (It was a near thing until she phrased it that way...I do enjoy a good puzzle...but I also enjoy a challenge).

I lost 1 pound the first week on LC/JUDDD. The rest is history.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 01-01-2014 at 05:45 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Year everyone! May 2014 bring you lots of love, light and good health!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
There are quite a few articles about working out in a fasted state and the amazing benefits. Keepingitlit is one of the LCF posters. Google the subject, though and you will be surprised by the info out there.
I prefer working out in a fasted state, I've been doing it for the last 3 months on JUDDD both DD and UD and have a much better workout, seen great results so that's not the issue. I don't want to change this.

I started off with JUDDD on higher DDs because I couldn't keep my calories very low (but still managed to lose 3lbs of stubborn fat but basically maintained my weight for the last 3months because I was eating high for DD and high for UD. I've now decided to fast on DDs (only have water, coffee w/ cream and gum) - because if I eat anything I'm ravenous after and then I'm done for.

My concern is the following. On a DD after my workout, what are the implications if I don't eat anything. Conversely I have concerns about working out on a UD before breaking fast because let's say I stop eating Monday 9pm, I'm not eating anything again until Wednesday 9am, that's 36 hours. This is where my concerns lie with working out and JUDDD.

Anyone else do full fasts and do weight training? This is why I'm thinking ESE would be a better option if I'm fasting for 36 hours. Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

Maybe I should stop weight training while I do fasted DDs?

Last edited by oceania; 01-01-2014 at 08:15 AM..
Old 01-01-2014, 08:16 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Another question/concern I have - for those of you have done full fasts on DD, gotten to goal and then started adding calories to you DD, did you gain weight?
Old 01-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceania View Post
You can't go back in time, so don't even think about it. The important thing is you're doing it now and next year this time (it will go by real fast) you'll be reflecting over your progress!
I don't remember who, but a couple of posters have tag lines along those lines:

A year ago, you'll wish you'd started today.

In a year's time, you'll be glad you'd stuck with it, no matter how low today feels.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote