Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 03:56 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
Oh that's great as the corn tortillas can be found GF!! (I think)
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
I have two DD things I eat all the time and never get sick of them (of course I've only been on JUDDD for 3 weeks)

Bean Tostada per tostada 105 calories. I usually have 3 for a DD dinner of 315 calories sometimes 2 is enough. I usually put a little water in a pan with some seasonings so I can thin out fat free refried beans, it makes it easier to spread on a tortilla that I've baked crispy on a cookie sheet with coconut oil spray. I pile it with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo and tabasco. So yummy.

Breakfast sanny for 155 calories. I toast up 2 slices of Trader Joe's light whole wheat bread 80 cals, 1 slice Trader Joe's canadian bacon 20 cals, 1 slice weight watchers American cheese single, 3 TBS liquid egg whites 25 calories which I cook in a non stick pan with quick spray of coconut oil spray and 1/2 teaspoon grey poupon. So yummy.

Don't know if you are not eating carbs but those are my main 2 staples I eat on almost every DD.
Yay, Slow sent me to this link! I had read it before but couldn't find it again lol. I'm going to try your tostada tomorrow, BB!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Hi all! At SlowSure's suggestion, I'm bumping this thread up to see if there are any new / changed ideas. I'm thinking about starting JUDDD and I know I will do best if I find a DD protocol and just stick to it. So I was curious about what others are doing who eat the same thing on DD most of the time.

News or updates welcome!! Thank you for your help!!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Hey Doggygirl, welcome to JUDDD! I hope you love it.

I keep very low DD's, but I also want to get in a good amount of protein. Almost without fail my day looks like:

B: Coffee w/ 2 tablespoons half n half
L: Coffee w/ 2 tablespoons half n half
D: 2 oz of turkey pepperoni (you get a lot in 2 oz!) and a pickle spear
Sugar free jello with a spray of fat free reddi whip

All totals about 268 calories

I vary to switch out the sf jello with sf hot cocoa and whip cream if I feel I need it. That's less hunger and more comfort though.

I'm sure you'll get lots of great suggestions here! There's no forum more welcoming and supporting than the JUDDD forum.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
B: (If I want it) is either a Quest protein bar or FF Greek yogurt
L: Always! Small Wendy's chili with Trader Joe's habanero hot sauce (often onions too for another 4 calories)
D: Here's where I vary. Sometimes it's just Miso soup, sometimes a tilapia filet with salsa and a veggie, sometimes tuna Zoodle casserole. It just depends on my mood and hunger.
Still the same here, except I found Dave's scorpion pepper sauce which I now use instead of the TJ's habanero hot sauce.

I've also found the GLCBC low calorie bagels, so I may have one of those for breakfast with light cream cheese.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
The foods I typically eat are:

*Yogurt Frozen Pudding - Strained Dannon full fat yogurt with some (off brand) Crystal Lite and a little whipped cream. Freeze it for a bit and .

*LC Blueberry Cobbler - Cottage cheese, few blueberries, handfull raw oats, SF Blueberry DaVinci syrup, sweetener. Nuke for a minute or so.

Or sometimes I take a lc tortilla, crisp it in a little butter, add a slice of cheese. Instant quesadilla.

The rest of what I have during the day is coffee and tea with HWC and/or butter.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
My DDs (at least on work days) tend to all look the same...
I'll bring a large travel mug of coffee with creamer to work with me and drink it til it's gone. Then switch to my big 64 oz jug of flavored (mio-type) water. Around 3pm I'll have some more coffee, and either a HB egg with 2 black forest ham slices (all chopped up together), or some Greek yogurt. The protein does the trick, either way. For dinner, it's usually chicken & veggies. I buy bags of frozen chicken breasts or tenders each time I go grocery shopping, and always have a bag or 3 of frozen veggies, usually a variety of Italian blend (depending on the store) too. I just nuke the veggies with a squirt of olive oil cooking spray & some garlic... and usually just grill up the chicken also with garlic in the easiest way possible, depending on the season (grill, broiler, or frying pan). Always have coffee with flavored creamer for my nighttime "snack."

The flavored water really works well for me when I start to feel empty. Water might be filling, but the flavore tells my mouth and brain that I'm "tasting" something, therefore "eating" something... or something like that... LOL
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sheilaq14
Stats: 220/171/170
WOE: EOD, JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 27, 2014
I usually have bacon and eggs for 300, then two 100cal snacks, usually hard pretzels or 100cal bag of Smartfood.

I also like a 4oz hamburger with half the bun and 1tbsp ketchup for 350, though that will improve when it gets warm enough to grill instead of broil.

Tonight I am trying a grilled cheese with bacon for 400cal, plus a snack.
Sheilaq14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you everyone for sharing what you do. I definitely envision myself coming up with one DD plan and sticking to it. I'm sure I will have to go through some tweaks at first, and then somewhere down the line might have to figure out an alternate plan or two due to boredom so I can switch it up.

I keep telling myself I'm NOT going to do this (too SKEERD!! ). So I'll just keep reading and ...well...seems like drifting toward JUDDD. I bought the new JUDDD book today as well as the other two that Yam-yam talked about.

And I've eaten around 900 cals today. Not a DD but seeing what it feels like to be a little hungry. Hunger can be tolerated during shopping. I found THAT out!

Keep those cards n letters comin'.

DG
Old 03-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
B - 2 coffee each with 1 tbsp HH, 9 tbsp eggbeaters
L - 2 coffee each with 1 tbsp HH
S - 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/splenda, vanilla and cinnamon
D - Costco salmon patty, steamed broccoli, salad w/balsamic vinegar
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:38 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brainardt
Stats: 212/192/170 (1st goal) 5'8" 27 y.o
Start Date: January 31, 2014
My favorite for a DD thru all my experimentation so far is:

L: Progresso Light soups (160)
D: veggie burger patty with horseradish sauce (150) if at home or Think Thin protein bar if at work (230)

Lately I've been working on low carb, high protein... but I don't enjoy it as much... those staples for me are:

Homemade meatballs (50cal each), hard baked eggs with sriracha and mustard (80cal each), and paleo egg & sausage "muffins" (200cal each)
brainardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

DG, that's the way to do it since you're askeered. If you plug your numbers in and start out at the 35% range, you're still JUDDD'ing!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
DG: I'm soooo excited that you are about to embark on "the wonderful world of JUDDDing" journey! Wooo-Hooo!

Your "practice" day of 900 calories is a great way to begin. I often recommend that kind of beginning, especially for those who are askeered! Start at 1000, then go to 900, 800, stay there for a while. Lots of people have lost well at that number and never had to move down.

Keep going to 700 on your next DD, then 600 and if you can make it to 500 keep it there for 2 weeks to really get the sirtuins flowing.

Spend some time pouring over DD recipe threads. The cabbage/chicken/cheese meal is especially filling and delicious and you can tweak it to your own tastes.

It really does help to have repetitive DDs in the sense that you really don't have to think about food. You just flow into a habit and ritual and it all works itself out.

I downloaded a calorie counter app on my Kindle and have my ready DD foods programed in so I can just click on them and forget it.

Lately I've been purposefully striving to keep my DD calories very low.

I give myself permission to have 500 calories, but try to keep them under 300 and if I'm really feeling the JUDDD magic, under 200.

Morning starts with going to both of the DD threads (one is for posting your planned menu, one is for visiting throughout the day and rating on a scale of 1-5 how your DD is going or just chattering about how you feel). Very helpful!

My DD plan always looks the same with a few variations:

B - Coffee with half and half for either 60 or 80 calories

L - HB egg for 78, or leftover chicken, tilapia or some other protein I don't have to cook (cos they are leftovers in my fridge, already cooked) for about 100 calories and 20+ grams of protein

D - Whey Isolate protein powder (the kind that stirs easily with a fork) in 4 ounces of ice water for 90 calories and 20 grams of protein. The past 2 DDs I've upped it to 1.5 scoops, 135 calories and 30 grams of protein because I have not been hungry for lunch and skipped it.

So, on really great non-hungry DDs like these last two, I've come in at 195 calories total for the day!

Very surprised and pleased with myself that I can do that! I never ever thought I would get to the point where I could!!

Throughout the DDs I drink green tea, hot or iced, and once or twice I'll squeeze lemon juice in my water or add 2 tablespoons of ACV to 16 ounces of water. Definitely kills my appetite.

Another trick is mid-afternoon or early evening if I feel like I need a treat, I will stir one heaping teaspoon of extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil into a cup of steaming hot 20 calorie Nestle's hot chocolate. Very filling and satisfying.

I don't eat early in the day because as soon as I start chewing on food my appetite is alert and awake and I just want to keep eating. The longer I wait to eat chewable calories on a DD the better off I am.

You will find out what works for you and you will do really, really well! I just know it!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-20-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Toni, Vanilla and Yam-yam for the great info!!

A theme I keep hearing that resonates with me is the idea that waiting until later to start eating is what works for many. When I think back to the years of my life where I really WASN'T struggling with my weight, that's precisely what I was doing. I was NEVER a breakfast eater. Maybe lunch or maybe not. I would always tell myself I wanted to lose 5 or 10 pounds, but I never gave that any serious effort and my weight stayed between 150 and 160 depending on how much natural activity I was getting (I never intentionally did *exercise*).

So...right now I am going to focus on getting my body used to eating a little later. (I've been a religious breakfast eater, per so much standard *dieting* advice, for many years now.) Today I held off eating until lunch. I felt some hunger in the morning but it subsided (of course - as you all know! And it wasn't an emergency either! Go figure! ). Unfortunately, today was the day for celebrating all March birthdays at work. (or maybe NOT unfortunately, since this is JUDDD!) Anyway, ate way more than appropriate UD cals but I'm not worried about that right now.

I'm going to focus tomorrow on two things. 1. Wait until a little later to eat and 2. Eat clean. (i.e. healthy food, not C.R.A.P. = Calorie Rich And Processed)

I may experiment with some down day foods that have been mentioned as things that work here in this thread. Not committing to a DD per se, just experimenting a little. ASKEERED style.

DG
Old 03-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

DG, sounds like you're doing good with your "askeered" style. Yeah, if you stick to your natural eating style and not what they say, your DDs will go much better. For me, I've always felt like the DDs are harder only because my head keeps yelling at me that I can't eat instead of me re-programming it to yell at me that I'm not gonna starve because .. helloooo, I've got storage. Most of my DDs aren't really that difficult. They'd be a breeze if the weight would fall off my like it seems to on others!

Start your (uncommitted) DD higher, then work down. Think of the hungries as little monsters eating away the pounds.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Best plan for moi (I keep trying others and coming back to this one):
Coffee (americanos - espresso and hot water - tastes rich with no cream) all day long till I can't stand it, which happens at 11 if I'm stressed and poorly prepared, 2-3 pm if I'm doing fairly well, and 5-6 pm if I'm relaxed, prepared, and content with the rest of my life.
Then: two eggs. Or broth, salad with vinegar, and an egg.
I've been helped recently by Cindy's comment that DDs are the cement of Juddd. DDs are easier than UDs for me, so it's a happy thing to make them stellar.
Also helped by noting that Carly's success came by just doing it (eating late on UDs and DDs) religiously, whether or not the rest of her life was peachy. This helps when I think I'm going to die of hunger - an extremely unlikely scenario - every UD morning.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I'm thinking I eat the same things, and was going to post here, but realized I have too much variety (maybe) for this thread.

So I'll refrain, and just say that I plan my meals in advance (sometimes the night before, or at least in the morning) and stick to my calories. I usually stick to 1 meal, dinner, and I like to incorporate dessert (fruit or yogurt).

I also eat broccoli, or cauliflower, pretty regularly. I use the steam-in-the-bag variety usually. I figure a whole bag at 100 cal, and then figure in the fruit or yogurt (around 100 also) and then whatever's left is for protein.

So that's my pattern, even if I try for some variety within it.

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
The foods I typically eat are:

*Yogurt Frozen Pudding - Strained Dannon full fat yogurt with some (off brand) Crystal Lite and a little whipped cream. Freeze it for a bit and .

*LC Blueberry Cobbler - Cottage cheese, few blueberries, handfull raw oats, SF Blueberry DaVinci syrup, sweetener. Nuke for a minute or so.

Or sometimes I take a lc tortilla, crisp it in a little butter, add a slice of cheese. Instant quesadilla.

The rest of what I have during the day is coffee and tea with HWC and/or butter.
I love these ideas!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emmapeel12
Stats: 149/146/120; 5'2"; 60 yo
WOE: JUDDD/LCHF/Calorie Counting
After about a month of JUDDDing, I haven't yet been able to achieve a </=500-calorie DD due to extreme hunger. Today I decided to try the potato hack for satiety. For breakfast, had 4 oz. of sliced Yukon Golds steamed in chicken broth; for lunch, 6 oz.; and for dinner, I'll have 10 oz. I had a little easily tolerated hunger this morning, and mid-afternoon, am feeling great! Very different from days on which I ate three small DD meals of mixed foods. I'll do this again on Tuesday...may make this my permanent DD day menu.
emmapeel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmmaLiza
Stats: 240/155/125
WOE: LC: 70 lb; JUDDD: 15 lb
Start Date: LC: Apr 2012; JUDDD: Feb 2014
I really white-knuckled my down days in the beginning. I ate several times a day and felt soooo hungry. Now, about 8 weeks in, I eat pretty much how Soren describes.

I have found it far easier to have liquids during the day and comfort food type supper. That translates to green tea and lemon when I get up, coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 or HWC late morning/noon, and for dinner, soup is my fave because it's so filling, or I might have a low cal frozen meal. That leaves me a few calories for an evening snack of tea or homemade SF hot chocolate and some crackers. I call these "nursery suppers" and they really make me happy.

Oh, just remembered another fave dinner is a low cal greek yogurt (I like Stonyfield Farms 0% plain) with a bit of SF jam and FiberOne cereal on top. 14 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar. Incredibly filling.
EmmaLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaLiza View Post
Oh, just remembered another fave dinner is a low cal greek yogurt (I like Stonyfield Farms 0% plain) with a bit of SF jam and FiberOne cereal on top. 14 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar. Incredibly filling.
Love the idea of Fiber One on the yogurt! Thanks.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I love these ideas!
As do I. It helps me immensely to know what I'm gonna eat on a DD. Just gotta watch I don't let too much cream dribble into my coffee.

I cream.