Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
She's Alive!

So with all the bad news, and the flu - I, my dear and lovely support system and friends am alive, I promise. My surgery is now scheduled for January 23rd - removing four teeth, two impacted, and getting a biopsy on the Ameloblastoma that's on the bottom right side of my mouth. Luckily, I found a doctor that takes my insurance, so there's a little something off my shoulders financially, thank goodness!

I'm happy this year is almost over - I'm ready for that fresh feeling of a whole new year, new beginning. I've been maintaining for about a month during all the hoopla. I'll enjoy Christmas, and get back to regular rotations January 1st, with greater swings in my calories. Right now I'm probably doing 1500/800 for a maintain, with not exercise.

For New Years, I have some goals in mind:

-Stop considering everything a new or improved version of a diet, and treat this more as a lifestyle, and maybe I won't stress so much about it.

-Workout at LEAST 3 days a week - I gotta stop hobbit walking, and do more activity that gets my heart pumping!

-Keep a cleaner home; We plan on buying a home this year, so I should take better care of our apartment in the mean time, and keep up with laundry!

-Complete a half marathon, and do at least two 5k's which I hope include a color run and the Warrior Dash.

-If we do manage to buy a house this year, I want to grow a good percentage of our produce. If I can eventually manage half, I'll be happy.

-Take time off work and do nothing important

-Try new things; Thai or Indian food, new hair color maybe, activities like maybe fencing or karate, sushi making?

-reward myself more than I judge myself negatively. Ya know, maybe I won't lose 30 lbs this year, but maybe I'll lose inches, maybe my pants will fit better, or maybe I'll just feel better with the new things I'm going to incorporate into my eating habits and workout routine - I should pat myself on the back for the little things.

I'm sure things will be added to the list as time goes on, but this is a good starting point. I apoligize for lacking in the update department. Love you guys, and hope you have a merry whatever holiday you celebrate, and happy new year!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'm pleased to read that your surgery is scheduled and that it won't wipe you out financially.

That's a super list of intentions for the New Year. Very best wishes that your plans for all of those work out for you.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I'm so glad you posted LB! I was wondering how you were doing, and it sounds like you're doing pretty darn well. I love you list for the new year. I want to hear all about your growing your own produce when you get to that point. And how exciting - a new home!

I'm glad your insurance is going to cover the procedures, and I'll keep thinking good thoughts for that mass.

Have a wonderful Christmas!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm glad you posted to let us know that things are sorting themselves out.

I like your list for the new year. For me, 2014 is going to be "The Year of No." Mostly just pertaining to work. I have to say no more frequently to extra responsibilities since my own work seems to get pushed to the side. I know that may sound silly, but I really like to say yes and be a team player, but I will have to force myself to say no. It will be interesting to see some of my co-worker's or superior's expressions since there has been loads of saying yes for the last year.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Hi LB!So glad to hear that you will be able to get your surgery done and covered by insurance. I know that is a relief.

Love your list for the New Year! You're making me feel lazy!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Glad you are still kicking, and heading into the New Year positively. I love the growing food goal. I'd like to do that, too. We are relocating our garden this year, and trying again.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lady B that is such an uplifting post. Let it be so.

So pleased your surgery is planned and will be covered.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote