Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Vegetable soup? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/819277-vegetable-soup.html)

Agee 12-23-2013 11:48 AM

Vegetable soup?

Hey y'all.
I am starting FOR REAL the day after Xmas.
I actually kind of started this week - had 2 medium days while I contemplated doing better next time - then came down with a horrible flu and decided starting for real during my flu wouldn't be a great thing to do.
So starting on Thursday.
I am thinking of making myself a nice veggie a la cabbage soup to get through the days. I don't do great eating nothing, but that kind of veg soup has almost minus calories, no?
Anyone else do this?
A

LoCarbGal 12-23-2013 11:52 AM

Hi Agee and welcome aboard! Yes, there have been several people doing the veggie/cabbage soup thing on DDs, and it is a great way to get something filling in you w/o a lot of calories! Good luck, and I'll look forward to getting to know you.

itsmeshelly01 12-23-2013 12:16 PM

Yes, i love making low cal soups like that.
I use cabbage, some zucchini noodles, bok choy, chicken broth, rotel and lots of spices.
Really good and filling. I make it in the crock pot on the weekend and split into containers so they are easy to grab. They are great for dinner.

Agee 12-23-2013 12:55 PM

Great.
Looks like that'll be my plan.
I'm excited to get skinny like you all. :)

A

Yam-Yam 12-23-2013 01:33 PM

Oh Yes! My DH loves it too. I make a big pot of fresh veggie soup at the beginning of every week. I store it in one of those big plastic water pitchers with a lid and handle. That makes it easy to pour into a pan or bowl to re-heat.

We always have a go-to meal or just a snack to stave off the hungries when we need it. Sometimes I'll add some cooked chicken or cooked ground turkey or some black beans or a bit of whole wheat penne pasta if DH wants a heartier meal.

Love it! And it's so helpful anytime, DD or UD or MD.

Great plan!

Librarygirl 12-23-2013 03:25 PM

:welcome:

Slimming-up 12-23-2013 04:33 PM

Hi, and welcome!
I am one who uses cabbage soup as part of my plan (just look at my siggy!)
On my DD I only eat cabbage soup.
I make it with cabbage, carrots,zucchini, spinach/kale, tomatoes, onion, peppers in a tomato juice and beef broth base -there's also a pack of Lipton onion soup mix for extra flavor.
Lately I've started adding a can of sauerkraut - sounds weird, but it adds a nice tanginess
It makes a ton when I use a whole head of cabbage with all the other stuff. I usually freeze half in quart size containers - he whole batch is enough for 2 weeks.
I look forward to eating on DDs, and it's all I eat besides my coffee with HWC.
I eat all I want, and have no trouble staying under 400 calories - often under 300 in fact.
My biggest problem is that my family isn't in to cabbage soup every other day - so I still have to cook for them! :laugh: My daughter will eat it for lunch though.