Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Can we talk? (if you remember me) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/818956-can-we-talk-if-you-remember-me.html)

Yam-Yam 12-19-2013 02:27 PM

Can we talk? (if you remember me)

Hi JUDDD BUDS!!

I know. I know. It's been a long time. The last time I posted here was....February, I think?????

Thanks Cindy and Seabreezes and others who sent me "miss you" messages.

Oh, Seabreezes, I have to apologize for never returning your call. When you left me that voice mail I was in Pennsylvania at my sister's bedside. After falling and sustaining a "catastrophic brain injury," then being removed from life support, she lingered for 8 days before going home to be with the Lord. For a very thin, tall woman, that was a long time.

I slept every night in a chair by her bed, singing to her, talking to her, reading to her and crying a lot.

Sorry for the downer message. Sometimes life is sad. This year has been very sad and full of tough challenges. That was only one of them and I'm not going to talk about any of the others.

Sometimes it feels like just hanging on in life is ok. That's how it has been for me in 2013. Today it occurred to me that it's almost over. Whew! And, the thought of it felt good.

Next year has to be better and happier. Right? Please tell me I'm right!! :aprayer::aprayer::aprayer:

I'm so ready to start JUDDing again. Today is my very first DD since March of this year. Tomorrow DH and I have to go to a company Christmas dinner and I'm glad that will be an UD.

Gotta change my stats because I've been going in the wrong direction on the scale.

Just wanted to let you all know that I pop in here from time to time for the sheer enjoyment of reading what you are all up to.

Never wanted to post because I was afraid my words and thoughts might be too depressing. Hope you understand that I'm just trying to cope.

Today when I read several threads I got motivated and refreshed and filled up my brain with new ideas to start the WL journey once again.

:heart::heart::heart: and :hugs::hugs:

KeirasMom 12-19-2013 02:37 PM

Yam! We've missed you so much! I'm sorry life has been difficult this year, but you're absolutely right; It WILL get better. I'm sorry about your sister and all the other challenges you've had to deal with. Please know that you've been in our thoughts. :hugs:

:welcome: BACK!!!

Yam-Yam 12-19-2013 02:40 PM

Thanks Dawn! You look awesome by the way!!!!!:hugs::clap:

Joyjoy 12-19-2013 02:48 PM

Yam!!!!! How beautiful to see you here!
Sad happens. Sometimes in year long doses. Lots of love your way. And all the best with new beginnings.:):heart:

KeirasMom 12-19-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yam-Yam (Post 16723894)
Thanks Dawn! You look awesome by the way!!!!!:hugs::clap:

:o Thank you, ma'am. Happily maintaining, all thanks to JUDDD! :love:

Yam-Yam 12-19-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 16723900)
Yam!!!!! How beautiful to see you here!
Sad happens. Sometimes in year long doses. Lots of love your way. And all the best with new beginnings.:):heart:

:hugs: Yay! I need more JOY JOY in my life! I believe it's just around the corner for sure. Thanks for the love. :heart::heart::love::love:

LoCarbGal 12-19-2013 03:21 PM

I'm so glad to "see" you back Yam-Yam. You have definitely been missed!

I'm so sorry about your loss and your other difficulties this past year. Sometimes life hands us just as much as we can handle. I have hopes that this next year will be a much better one for you.

:love::hugs::love:

itsmeshelly01 12-19-2013 04:07 PM

Yam!! I remember you from when i was JUDDDing many moons ago.

I am so sorry for your loss but things will get better.

I am back on the JUDDD wagon too. My scale has also been going the wrong direction. But we are back and things are going to start moving the right direction. I am down a few lbs since starting and it feels so good to be back to this great group of people.

so glad you are back!!!

Kissa 12-19-2013 04:35 PM

Now I feel my cup runneth over. Yam Yam I have wondered and worried about you so often and now here you are. I am so sorry life has been so hard for you and yours this year.

The return of so many of my Buddds from my early days here has been such a bonus this month. I feel we are all on another wonderful journey to health.

Thanks for making my day :)

Yam-Yam 12-19-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16723921)
I'm so glad to "see" you back Yam-Yam. You have definitely been missed!

I'm so sorry about your loss and your other difficulties this past year. Sometimes life hands us just as much as we can handle. I have hopes that this next year will be a much better one for you.

:love::hugs::love:

Yes. To the brim sometimes, huh?:cry: Thanks for welcoming me back. :hugs: You look beautiful! Great picture!

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 16723977)
Yam!! I remember you from when i was JUDDDing many moons ago.

I am so sorry for your loss but things will get better.

I am back on the JUDDD wagon too. My scale has also been going the wrong direction. But we are back and things are going to start moving the right direction. I am down a few lbs since starting and it feels so good to be back to this great group of people.

so glad you are back!!!

Thanks, Sweetie. I definitely remember you, too! So glad we can jump back on the wagon together. :up: Love your photo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16724001)
Now I feel my cup runneth over. Yam Yam I have wondered and worried about you so often and now here you are. I am so sorry life has been so hard for you and yours this year.

The return of so many of my Buddds from my early days here has been such a bonus this month. I feel we are all on another wonderful journey to health.

Thanks for making my day :)

And you made my day, too, just by being here and saying "hi". I knew in past months it wouldn't do any good to come back when I was not ready. I feel pretty confident that I am now. My stupid back started acting up again yesterday so I've literally been on ice. I want to be able to wear cute shoes for DH's Christmas party tomorrow night. With bad back pain I can't stand wearing any kind of a heel. :p So I'm taking mega pain meds and alternating the ice and heat so I will be in good enough shape to attend (in cute shoes). :D

Love your new picture!

Carly 12-19-2013 06:43 PM

Yam!! Welcome back! You have been missed and I'm sorry about all of life's challenges.

Come and chat with us whenever :console:

Flutter 12-19-2013 07:13 PM

YAMSTER!!!!!!!! Yeeeehaw!!!!! Welcome back sweetness!!!! I am so sorry about your bad, rotten, no good year. YES it HAS to be a better 2014! :hugs: XOXO Just so happy to see you back. One day at a time darlin!!!

Librarygirl 12-19-2013 07:15 PM

Welcome back, Yam Yam.:hugs:So sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

Glad to hear that you are looking forward to a new year and JUDDD. We can do this!:high5:

Eieio 12-19-2013 07:43 PM

Hello and welcome back.
Sorry for your loss of your sister.
I've been back here myself 4 weeks coming up.
Several returnees started coming about to this woe!
Terri

Yennie 12-19-2013 08:05 PM

Welcome welcome friend! :hugs: I'm so sorry for your hard year but we're so happy to see you again.

Seabreezes 12-19-2013 08:19 PM

Welcome back dear friend. So sorry about the losses and pain. I knew something had to be wrong.

We are leaving as soon as I finish typing this for dinner at our favorate place. I'll have a Mai tai for you!

More later.

Many hugs!:hugs::hugs:

Yam-Yam 12-19-2013 08:57 PM

Oh my Darlings!!!!! I knew I could count on all of you to give me a real pick-me-up and tons of encouragement! You are the BEST of the BEST and MmmmmmmmmmWaaaaaahhhhhhh!!! Big kiss blowing out to you!

I've had a tremendous DD. Feels so good to be back. I started off with a bang. The only thing I have had today is a big cup of hot tea with a teaspoon of EVCO stirred in. Other than that, about a gallon of water and my vitamins.

Whew! I feel energetic. My back is even starting to feel better! Can one DD do all that? Wooo-Hooo!:jumpjoy:

Seabreezes: Please do say "hi" to your DH from me and my DH! We certainly wish we were there at Chuck's sipping a drink and feeling the ocean breeze at our favorite corner table! Is that where you are sitting?? Ohhhhhh.... you just took me to my happy place......:sing::cool::cool:

Low Carb Librarian 12-19-2013 10:04 PM

Welcome back!

SlowSure 12-20-2013 04:54 AM

This really is 'returning to the JUDDD fold' after life's trammels and busy-ness season :) Lovely to see you Yam-Yam :)

gotsomeold 12-20-2013 06:00 AM

Welcome back Yam-Yam!!

I missed these boards most of the year because of family stress. But, happily, all of the people I care for are still with me. My sincere sympathies that your life has been so terrible.

And, welcome back to JUDDD! Aren't DDs wonderful?

Hugs!

zipp2play 12-20-2013 06:33 AM

I am very sorry for your Loss!

but loving seeing you back here :heart: :hugs:

ouizoid 12-20-2013 08:04 AM

hi Yamster! I'm sad you had such a rotten no good year. My condolences on the loss of your sister.

Just to say that I think even one tiny DD can do miracles for inflammation--at least that is my experience.

love and hugs

Ous

Yam-Yam 12-20-2013 08:24 AM

Good morning! Thank you! Thank you! It feels "right" to be "home" in JUDDD Town!

Quiz: I definitely feel different already after just one DD. Don't know if it's all in my mind or not.

The scale went down 3 pounds this morning. I know after a hearty UD and DH's Christmas party this evening it will be back up tomorrow. I probably won't step on the scale tomorrow. Might just weigh after DDs for the first two weeks till I'm really back in the groove.

I'm looking forward to the sirtuins kicking back in and I know that will take a while.

Today's going to be a busy day. I still have so much to do regarding Christmas prep. My gift shopping is done but not all the wrapping, grocery shopping, cleaning, etc.

It's almost 7:30 a.m. and I'm already sitting on an ice pack for my back. Darn! I thought it would go away!

I will pop back in sometime this afternoon.

Love you peeps!!!:love:

LoCarbGal 12-20-2013 09:06 AM

I sure hope your back feels better for your party, Yam! That is NO FUN!

Great news on the 3 pounds! Wow, it really gets to work quickly. I think weighing after DDs is a good plan. I don't know if you've seen the "No-Weigh" threads, but I've only weighed once a month for the past two months, just to give my head a rest and trust JUDDD to do its work. I really love it! I'll be weighing in Sunday morning for December and am hoping for nothing more than maintaining this month.

Seabreezes 12-20-2013 12:17 PM

Yes, dinner was lovely with a great sunset. Do love Chuck's. A big hello to your DH, too from us.

Hope your party tonight is nice and your back behaves!

Will all of the children and grandchildren be with you for Christmas?

:hugs:

sazzie 12-20-2013 01:59 PM

Yam-Yam it is really good seeing you back!

I used to follow your journey with much interest and am glad you're in the mindset to re-start JUDDD.

My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

I must get back to a solid routine myself, so, I'll come out of lurking mode and join you, if that's OK!

Yam-Yam 12-20-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16724626)
I sure hope your back feels better for your party, Yam! That is NO FUN!

Great news on the 3 pounds! Wow, it really gets to work quickly. I think weighing after DDs is a good plan. I don't know if you've seen the "No-Weigh" threads, but I've only weighed once a month for the past two months, just to give my head a rest and trust JUDDD to do its work. I really love it! I'll be weighing in Sunday morning for December and am hoping for nothing more than maintaining this month.

The 3 pounds is probably just water weight loss. But I'll take it because I know it's part of the process in the beginning. Wow! You are brave! I'm pretty certain that while in WLM I could not make myself stay off the scale for a whole month.

Funny that I avoid it like the plague when I'm being "bad". Then when I get motivated to lose I can't stay away from it. Kinda like a weird addiction or love/hate romance. LOL!:stars:

I will look for the no-weigh thread. That could be encouraging. Thanks!

Yam-Yam 12-20-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seabreezes (Post 16724838)
Yes, dinner was lovely with a great sunset. Do love Chuck's. A big hello to your DH, too from us.

Hope your party tonight is nice and your back behaves!

Will all of the children and grandchildren be with you for Christmas?

:hugs:

The lovely Waikiki sunset sounds amazing! Totally wish we were there right now. All my cares float away in Hawaii. :)

I'm hoping that all the party goodies won't be too tempting for me tonight.:yummy:

As far as my back goes, I don't know. I just took a walk but it hurt with every step. The pain meds are making me very sleepy, so I will probably need a nap and a cold shower before I get dressed, just so I can stay awake.

I do have a food plan for today and that makes me happy. Half the battle is planning, right? I have had 3 ounces of grilled salmon, a few steamed green beans with a bit of butter and a garden salad with vinegar and oil at lunch for a total of 350 calories so far.

Lots of water and tea too.

We had to choose our dinner menu weeks ago and I chose sirloin steak. I'm going to have 2 glasses of red wine, a small salad and whatever veggies they offer but will try to only take a few bites of the baked potato. Starchy carbs wake up the cravings monster big time.

This Christmas looks like it will be a bit quieter than usual. Our son and his wife and two little boys hosted our family Thanksgiving in southern California. It was awesome. We usually have everyone at our house for a week at Christmas but our son wants to start their family tradition of waking up in their own home Christmas morning with the magic of Santa's gifts appearing under the tree.

I totally get that. I remember for about the first 5 years of our married/parenting life we alternated between Minnesota and Pennsylvania to be with our parents. At some point the kids wanted Santa to come down our own chimney! We will Skype or Face time.

Our daughter and her 5 year old will spend Christmas day with us. The two teens are going to be with their father.

We are going to spend Christmas Eve with some of our friends.

It will be quiet but lovely.

What are you and your DH doing for Christmas? Mai-Tais on the beach? ;)

Kissa 12-20-2013 04:23 PM

Ha ha, I think we have all been known to avoid the scale when we wander...

I am very impressed by the 'no weighers' but I fear I couldn't be that controlled.

Carol, I have asked for a Hula hoop for Xmas, but don't think I am getting one. If not I shall buy my own in the New Year.

Yam-Yam 12-20-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sazzie (Post 16724924)
Yam-Yam it is really good seeing you back!

I used to follow your journey with much interest and am glad you're in the mindset to re-start JUDDD.

My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

I must get back to a solid routine myself, so, I'll come out of lurking mode and join you, if that's OK!

Thanks Gracie.:hugs: Yes! We can come out of the lurkdom shadows together and get this journey going!!!:kicking::kicking:

Some people think it's crazy to start or re-start a WL plan right before Christmas/ New Years. But to me it feels right and I gotta go for it when I'm in the mood.

I've had a good day and a half so far and actually think this will work. :up: