Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   On the wagon. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/818375-wagon.html)

JMBM 12-08-2013 03:58 PM

On the wagon.

Going to try getting with the program "again" after being off plan for a long time. Had gotten to 145 now in 160 range. Pretty sure not posting regularly has had a little bit to do with it but I had blown it so much it became embarrassing to post. :o Anyway that being said whoever gets Down day Monday posted first I'll be there to join you guys. So hard to re discipline myself after being careless for so long so wish me luck! Also trying to just worry about 1 down day at a time.

GoalieMom98 12-08-2013 04:16 PM

Beverly...I'm new around here, but can still say, welcome back! Although I totally understand why you say you feel embarrased, I can say for sure that you are not alone....today is a new day and you definitely should give yourself a break. We have all fallen off the wagon (heck, that's why we're here, right!) and can totally relate to those feelings of guilt and shame after overindulging. But this great group will welcome you back with nothing but words of support and encouragement! :hugs:
So, enjoy your DD tomorrow (I'm looking forward to mine after doing some overindulging myself this weekend!).
Johanna

JMBM 12-08-2013 04:24 PM

Thanks Johanna. I even tried another weight loss program for a week and thought this is the pits. At least with juddd I only dieted every other day. So here I am. Funny after making a decision to get back on program my mom invited me to go out to lunch tomorrow. I believe I may have to decline with it being my first day. Any way Thank you for the encouraging words. :shake:

Eieio 12-08-2013 04:50 PM

Hi Beverly
Welcome back to JUDDD.
I returned myself two weeks ago.
It's easier this time for me.
Maybe caz I'm not or king like a man anymore:)
Please go out to eat with ur mother.
Enjoy her company.
Eat lite, u can do it.

mafiamom 12-08-2013 04:57 PM

HI!, I'm new here, but wanted to welcome you back :) don't be embarrassed - honestly, from what i have been reading, it's like old home week around here, lately! many people have returned after "falling off the wagon" so you are in really good company ;)

i will be doing a DD tomorrow, we can forge on together.

JMBM 12-08-2013 05:16 PM

Well I told her I would probably have water or unsweetened tea. Really want a good low dd. I would have great results in the past and I think seeing some good results will help motivate me. I started in February and did great but started back to work full time in Aug. That's where the problem started. Being on my feet a lot make me weak and queezy. Going to try a lot of fluids as well to see if it helps.

KeirasMom 12-08-2013 06:11 PM

:welcome: back! I'll be doing a DD tomorrow too, so I'll make sure to post on that thread. You know what to do, and you know it'll work. I have faith you'll get right back where you were in no time.

JMBM 12-08-2013 06:42 PM

Thanks Dawn. You look fabulous btw. I will definitely be on the board tomorrow. So if you guys see me peeping in frequently you'll know why. Lol. Don't have to work tomorrow so that will help. Planning on starting off with my usual coffee w/ ff half/half. Will shoot for tea on my lunch outing. Thanks guys!

Carly 12-08-2013 06:50 PM

:welcome: back Beverly!
I have a DD tomorrow too.
I don't always post on the DD thread, but I'll make an effort to do it.
If I get up on time I will have time to post before 8am eastern time.
You'll do great tomorrow.

susan41 12-08-2013 06:56 PM

DD tomorrow for me as well! You can certainly do it, even with moms lunch date. Stay focused and check in!

JMBM 12-08-2013 07:00 PM

Thanks carly. I looked for a Sunday dd thread just to see what others we eating or not eating rather. Lol. Broth and coffee were some of my regular dd staples best I can remember so probably going with that and maybe a yogurt before bedtime.

JMBM 12-08-2013 07:05 PM

I'm so glad I'll have others posting tomorrow. Almost excited to get it back in gear.

4devochki 12-08-2013 10:21 PM

I wanted to congratulate you on your big loss and let you know there's another JUDDD-er, though a newbie, rooting for you.

I once talked to a lifecoach who said the key is keeping promises to yourself. Right now it's my up day, Monday, and though I'd really love to start eating now at 10 in the morning, I told myself I'd wait until noon to make the total fasting period 16 hours. And I've been going back and forth for the last hour (eat breakfast, come on, you deserve it, it's an Up day, etc. etc.) I decided I will like the feeling of having kept this promise, being strong and keeping my committment, better than the extra hour-and-forty-five minutes of being sated. I have a long, long period of breaking promises to myself to overcome!

That's just to say that I'm sure you'll have a great DD. Cheers!

Kissa 12-09-2013 03:00 AM

:welcome::welcome::welcome: back!

See you in the DD thread Beverly, posting regularly is one of the best ways to stay focused.

handbells 12-09-2013 05:47 AM

Beverly-I too am getting back on the wagon. We can do it!

JMBM 12-09-2013 06:52 AM

Feeling so encouraged today! JUDDD BUDDS are the greatest support:high5:

LoCarbGal 12-09-2013 07:32 AM

:welcome: back Beverly! I'm DDing it today too, and not really looking forward to it, but I am D-E-T-E-R-M-I-N-E-D to have a good, low DD today. We can all do this together. I love how the JBs all rally around when you just reach out. :love:

I'm so glad you'll be going out with your mom. It's really about the visiting and spending time together, and not about the food. You'll enjoy sipping on some delicious tea and chatting.

JMBM 12-09-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16711408)
:welcome: back Beverly! I'm DDing it today too, and not really looking forward to it, but I am D-E-T-E-R-M-I-N-E-D to have a good, low DD today. We can all do this together. I love how the JBs all rally around when you just reach out. :love:

I'm so glad you'll be going out with your mom. It's really about the visiting and spending time together, and not about the food. You'll enjoy sipping on some delicious tea and chatting.

Yay!:jumpjoy: I can tell it's going to be a great one!!! Feels so good knowing I'm chugging along with some great support rallied around me.:love: I think "One DD at a time" will become my motto. I'll be popping in on the DD thread just to see what everyone else is doing today. Seeing some great food ideas.:up:

mafiamom 12-09-2013 08:01 AM

i like - "i can eat tomorrow" ;)

glad you are feeling encouraged! you can totally do this!

JMBM 12-09-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafiamom (Post 16711458)
i like - "i can eat tomorrow" ;)

glad you are feeling encouraged! you can totally do this!

That's a good one too. Today I can pretend I have a stomach virus, or something. lol:up: Just trying to remember it's not forever. Hopefully if I Just stay strong and press through this then maintaining will be a little easier. Was so close before. 10 lbs away from it, but I can get there again.:)

SlimNana 12-09-2013 08:06 AM

:welcome: Back Beverly! :high5:

Nice to see you again. Just take it one day at a time. The hardest part is getting past the "all or nothing" mindset with this WOE. Make it easier on yourself the first week back by adjusting your calories down a bit more every down day. That helped my mind & body better adjust again after returning for another round of weight loss.

Best wishes! ~ Ann

JMBM 12-09-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlimNana (Post 16711463)
:welcome: Back Beverly! :high5:

Nice to see you again. Just take it one day at a time. The hardest part is getting past the "all or nothing" mindset with this WOE. Make it easier on yourself the first week back by adjusting your calories down a bit more every down day. That helped my mind & body better adjust again after returning for another round of weight loss.

Best wishes! ~ Ann

Thanks Ann.:high5: So glad to have all of this wonderful encouragement. Some really great people here. I hated that I wasted $60 joining a weight loss program, but I absolutely hated that! It seemed like everyday was a dd. Talk about feeling deprived. I still use the tools available to look up cals in foods and restaurant info so wasn't a total waste.;)

Eieio 12-09-2013 10:27 AM

It's 12:30 pm I had to have my broth, talk about high in salt content, yikes.
After drinking a little down from coffee cup, I start adding hot water to my cup. Like its always a surprise when I taste it, gosh so strong of salt.. Silly me.
Good going guys!

JMBM 12-09-2013 02:02 PM

I'm still hanging in with my 30 calories!! woo hoo!:jumpjoy: I will probably do a greek yogurt or some veggies before I go to bed. Cold chills have kicked in. Wearing layers of clothing. My hands and feet are the coldest.:dunno:

mafiamom 12-09-2013 02:05 PM

GOOD FOR YOU! that is really great!

as for the cold... yeah.. that's tough all right. but i know i am having a good DD when i can NOt get warm ;)

today..... not cold at all.... ooops! must have been that atkins bar....

keep it up! you are going to feel so skinny going to bed tonight! well, except for the 5 layers of clothing ....

JMBM 12-09-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafiamom (Post 16711982)
GOOD FOR YOU! that is really great!

as for the cold... yeah.. that's tough all right. but i know i am having a good DD when i can NOt get warm ;)

today..... not cold at all.... ooops! must have been that atkins bar....

keep it up! you are going to feel so skinny going to bed tonight! well, except for the 5 layers of clothing ....

You know you're right I already kind of feel like my pants are a little looser. Idk it could be psychological I suppose, but it's amazing how quickly you can see something happen with JUDDD. I only weigh after DD's so I am anxious to see what the scales say..... I may actually wait until I've had a few DD's before weighing, but I definitely don't weigh after UD's.

FrostyBeav 12-09-2013 02:17 PM

I find I freeze on DDs and roast on UDs. It doesn't help when it's only 17 F outside on a DD (like today).

Monkeypenny 12-09-2013 02:26 PM

You're so close to the finish line today, I'll keep my fingers crossed! :kicking:
I'm a (notorious :o) restarter myself and the first successful DD felt so great!
You will make it! :up:

gotsomeold 12-09-2013 02:29 PM

Someone once said DD chills shiver the pounds away. I like that.

Hello Beverly! I hope tomorrow morning you wake up thinking, 'Wow, where did the hunger go?'

LoCarbGal 12-09-2013 02:31 PM

You're doing great! First DD in the books!