Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/174.8/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: October 2013
Back from vacation!

Hi everyone!

Vacation was pretty much nonstop food and I've got some MAJOR catching up to do. I'm afraid to weigh myself, but the smaller size pants I had gotten into before are too tight again. The worst part is I don't even feel good and my migraines have been awful.

I'm not going anywhere for Christmas (I have to work) so I have no excuse to get back on track now and stay on track for the rest of the holidays. Im going to try for a non-binge UD today and have a good low DD tomorrow.

Other than my own sabotaging, I love how easy it is to get back on track with JUDDD!

Tammy
Rosebud5t is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Welcome home, Tammy!! You're exactly right--it IS easy to jump right back into rotations. Those extra lbs will be gone in no time flat.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad to see you back Tammy! You're not along - we've all had vacations like that. You'll be back to where you were quickly and you'll feel better too!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Glad to have you back Tammy. Hope overall you had a great vacation.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Wonder y every
Vacation is full of food!
Going to Ethiopia would be different food intake For us.
I wouldn't eat anything if I went there. Would give all my food away to natives.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
One thing that has me excited about JUDDD/ADF is that it potentially gives us a way to minimize damage from vacations and holidays and also recover quickly from them.

I now personally think it's unrealistic to expect someone to diet on vacation or over holidays. In fact, I think it's counter-productive. People will white knuckle it for awhile and then likely give in. Once we give in to a taboo food, it is so easy to think "after this I can never have this again so, since I've already blown it, I will have ten of everything!" (speaking from personal experience here).

JUDDD takes that pressure off since you know you can get right back on it after vacation/holiday (plus there are no taboo foods unless one combines it with another plan). On our Thanksgiving trip, I never felt the pressure to overeat treats because I wasn't going to "blow it" if I did. I knew I could have it again if I wanted, so I didn't overeat stuff. It really took the focus off of food and towards just enjoying the time with family.

In the past, especially when I was doing VLC, that Thanksgiving trip was a time to absolutely fall face first into anything and everything and come back weighing a bunch more than I started with. This time, I lost two pounds, despite not doing JUDDD for the five days.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4devochki
Stats: 200.6/189/132
Start Date: 2 December 2013
I've been thinking a lot about this as we've planned a New Year's trip to a region of the globe known for it's absolutely delicious (salty, fatty, sugary, carby) food: Singapore and Penang, Malaysia. I really don't want to go without being able to sample all the lovely dishes, and am wondering how to handle it--maybe rotate 2 different meals a day and try to compress eating window to 5-6 hours? Every other day eat dinner (or lunch) only? Traveling is hard, especially getting kids to eat different food...yet I don't want to totally throw caution to the wind for 12 days. At least I can fast on the plane trips!

Rosebud, do I understand right you just took a total hiatus from JUDDD and from low-carb on your vacation? How long was it? Hope you have an easy time getting back on track.

Last edited by 4devochki; 12-08-2013 at 04:41 AM..
4devochki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
One thing that has me excited about JUDDD/ADF is that it potentially gives us a way to minimize damage from vacations and holidays and also recover quickly from them.

I now personally think it's unrealistic to expect someone to diet on vacation or over holidays. In fact, I think it's counter-productive. People will white knuckle it for awhile and then likely give in. Once we give in to a taboo food, it is so easy to think "after this I can never have this again so, since I've already blown it, I will have ten of everything!" (speaking from personal experience here).

JUDDD takes that pressure off since you know you can get right back on it after vacation/holiday (plus there are no taboo foods unless one combines it with another plan). On our Thanksgiving trip, I never felt the pressure to overeat treats because I wasn't going to "blow it" if I did. I knew I could have it again if I wanted, so I didn't overeat stuff. It really took the focus off of food and towards just enjoying the time with family.

In the past, especially when I was doing VLC, that Thanksgiving trip was a time to absolutely fall face first into anything and everything and come back weighing a bunch more than I started with. This time, I lost two pounds, despite not doing JUDDD for the five days.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
I agree with Frosty.
I don't JUDDD while I'm away. It's easy to get back on EOD when I return and JUDDD sorts things very quickly.

Welcome back Tammy. All will soon be forgiven.

4devo, you could do the eating window but it's important to set the kids a good eating example, so that might backfire. I'd just enjoy the food as part of a wonderful Malaysian experience!

Last edited by Flossyliz; 12-08-2013 at 07:12 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

OK, I'm hearing that getting over the "forbidden fruits" mindset is key for avoiding binges during vacations or other diet breaks.

You'd think I would have learned this by now.

Thanks, Flossy! Mee goreng, here I come!

Last edited by 4devochki; 12-08-2013 at 07:50 AM..
Old 12-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post

Yup.

I never do rotations on vacation. The extra pounds are gone quickly once I return and getting back to juddd is simple for me,
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 51yo
Start Date: 4-19-12
Very cool, Frosty.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud5t
Stats: 188.6/174.8/140
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: October 2013
Yep, I took a hiatus from JUDDD and from low carb on vacation. The only thing I've kicked myself for is not getting right back on track when I got home. Back on today though. I love that this plan is so forgiving!

Frosty... I totally agree! I admit it's my biggest struggle as I have a very "all or nothing" personality. The guidance I get here is priceless!

Last edited by Rosebud5t; 12-08-2013 at 06:51 PM..
Rosebud5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Mee goreng, here I come!

Dev, I spent many years living in the Far East, so I understand your dilemma. Enjoy everything in moderation, if the chance of a DD presents itself then take it.

Have some crispy baby squid for me, oh and some chilli crab...
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Have some crispy baby squid for me, oh and some chilli crab...
Yes! yes!

We plan to haunt the hawker markets for most meals.

Very nice avatar picture, Cindy, by the way.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #16

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks Dev, we lived with walking distance of Newton Circus in the early 80s.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote