Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Back from vacation! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/818319-back-vacation.html)

Rosebud5t 12-07-2013 06:52 AM

Back from vacation!

Hi everyone!

Vacation was pretty much nonstop food and I've got some MAJOR catching up to do. I'm afraid to weigh myself, but the smaller size pants I had gotten into before are too tight again. :( The worst part is I don't even feel good and my migraines have been awful.

I'm not going anywhere for Christmas (I have to work) so I have no excuse to get back on track now and stay on track for the rest of the holidays. Im going to try for a non-binge UD today and have a good low DD tomorrow.

Other than my own sabotaging, I love how easy it is to get back on track with JUDDD!

Librarygirl 12-07-2013 07:00 AM

Welcome home, Tammy!! You're exactly right--it IS easy to jump right back into rotations. Those extra lbs will be gone in no time flat. :)

LoCarbGal 12-07-2013 07:07 AM

Glad to see you back Tammy! You're not along - we've all had vacations like that. You'll be back to where you were quickly and you'll feel better too!

LiLi914 12-07-2013 07:37 AM

Glad to have you back Tammy. Hope overall you had a great vacation.

Eieio 12-07-2013 04:30 PM

Wonder y every
Vacation is full of food!
Going to Ethiopia would be different food intake For us.
I wouldn't eat anything if I went there. Would give all my food away to natives.

FrostyBeav 12-07-2013 07:20 PM

One thing that has me excited about JUDDD/ADF is that it potentially gives us a way to minimize damage from vacations and holidays and also recover quickly from them.

I now personally think it's unrealistic to expect someone to diet on vacation or over holidays. In fact, I think it's counter-productive. People will white knuckle it for awhile and then likely give in. Once we give in to a taboo food, it is so easy to think "after this I can never have this again so, since I've already blown it, I will have ten of everything!" (speaking from personal experience here).

JUDDD takes that pressure off since you know you can get right back on it after vacation/holiday (plus there are no taboo foods unless one combines it with another plan). On our Thanksgiving trip, I never felt the pressure to overeat treats because I wasn't going to "blow it" if I did. I knew I could have it again if I wanted, so I didn't overeat stuff. It really took the focus off of food and towards just enjoying the time with family.

In the past, especially when I was doing VLC, that Thanksgiving trip was a time to absolutely fall face first into anything and everything and come back weighing a bunch more than I started with. This time, I lost two pounds, despite not doing JUDDD for the five days.

4devochki 12-08-2013 04:39 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this as we've planned a New Year's trip to a region of the globe known for it's absolutely delicious (salty, fatty, sugary, carby) food: Singapore and Penang, Malaysia. I really don't want to go without being able to sample all the lovely dishes, and am wondering how to handle it--maybe rotate 2 different meals a day and try to compress eating window to 5-6 hours? Every other day eat dinner (or lunch) only? Traveling is hard, especially getting kids to eat different food...yet I don't want to totally throw caution to the wind for 12 days. At least I can fast on the plane trips!

Rosebud, do I understand right you just took a total hiatus from JUDDD and from low-carb on your vacation? How long was it? Hope you have an easy time getting back on track.

KeirasMom 12-08-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 16710088)
One thing that has me excited about JUDDD/ADF is that it potentially gives us a way to minimize damage from vacations and holidays and also recover quickly from them.

I now personally think it's unrealistic to expect someone to diet on vacation or over holidays. In fact, I think it's counter-productive. People will white knuckle it for awhile and then likely give in. Once we give in to a taboo food, it is so easy to think "after this I can never have this again so, since I've already blown it, I will have ten of everything!" (speaking from personal experience here).

JUDDD takes that pressure off since you know you can get right back on it after vacation/holiday (plus there are no taboo foods unless one combines it with another plan). On our Thanksgiving trip, I never felt the pressure to overeat treats because I wasn't going to "blow it" if I did. I knew I could have it again if I wanted, so I didn't overeat stuff. It really took the focus off of food and towards just enjoying the time with family.

In the past, especially when I was doing VLC, that Thanksgiving trip was a time to absolutely fall face first into anything and everything and come back weighing a bunch more than I started with. This time, I lost two pounds, despite not doing JUDDD for the five days.

:goodpost:

Flossyliz 12-08-2013 07:08 AM

I agree with Frosty. :goodpost:
I don't JUDDD while I'm away. It's easy to get back on EOD when I return and JUDDD sorts things very quickly. :cool:

:hiya: Welcome back Tammy. All will soon be forgiven.

4devo, you could do the eating window but it's important to set the kids a good eating example, so that might backfire. I'd just enjoy the food as part of a wonderful Malaysian experience!

4devochki 12-08-2013 07:46 AM

OK, I'm hearing that getting over the "forbidden fruits" mindset is key for avoiding binges during vacations or other diet breaks.

You'd think I would have learned this by now.

Thanks, Flossy! Mee goreng, here I come!

Carly 12-08-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBeav (Post 16710088)

:goodpost: Yup.

I never do rotations on vacation. The extra pounds are gone quickly once I return and getting back to juddd is simple for me,

Joyjoy 12-08-2013 11:03 AM

Very cool, Frosty.:)

Rosebud5t 12-08-2013 06:48 PM

Yep, I took a hiatus from JUDDD and from low carb on vacation. The only thing I've kicked myself for is not getting right back on track when I got home. Back on today though. I love that this plan is so forgiving!

Frosty... I totally agree! I admit it's my biggest struggle as I have a very "all or nothing" personality. The guidance I get here is priceless!

Kissa 12-10-2013 02:48 AM

Mee goreng, here I come!

Dev, I spent many years living in the Far East, so I understand your dilemma. Enjoy everything in moderation, if the chance of a DD presents itself :lol: then take it.

Have some crispy baby squid for me, oh and some chilli crab...:cry:

4devochki 12-10-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16712563)

Have some crispy baby squid for me, oh and some chilli crab...:cry:

Yes! yes!

We plan to haunt the hawker markets for most meals.

Very nice avatar picture, Cindy, by the way.

Kissa 12-10-2013 08:50 AM

Thanks Dev, we lived with walking distance of Newton Circus in the early 80s.