Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   He's Here!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/818268-hes-here.html)

brewstate 12-06-2013 03:23 PM

He's Here!!!

2 Attachment(s)
After 9 LONG months and more than a few added pounds, baby Quinn has arrived! His 2 brothers and sister (and myself of course) are over the moon about him. I haven't started back to JUDDD just yet (he's 2 weeks old) as I don't know how it will affect my milk supply but I'm thinking about how to jump back in and will rejoin you all soon. I have missed everybody so much!! I'm up about 20 lbs now but since I had a c-section I'm pretty sure most of that will drop off in the next few weeks (fingers crossed).

If anybody has done alternate day dieting while nursing, let me know how it went and what adjustments I would need to make. I kept up with JUDDD for most of the pregnancy but towards the end my sweet tooth and the hunger monster really caught up with me and I didn't do so well :o

Eieio 12-06-2013 03:42 PM

So precious babies! CONGRADULATIONS
U are very blessed:)
I nurse my baby 100 years ago, 24 years actually .
But didn't Do this woe.
I came home from hospital with baby in my areas but still was huge. Don't hate here, my weight melted off. But I was nuts o nervous, maybe that helped:)

KeirasMom 12-06-2013 03:45 PM

OMG, Elise, SQUEEEEE! He's perfect! :love:

I know nothing about JUDDD and BFing, so I can't help you there, but 20 pounds?! That's amazing (coming from the woman who gained nearly 100 with mine)!!

Librarygirl 12-06-2013 03:53 PM

Congratulations!!! He's beautiful.:love:

Low Carb Librarian 12-06-2013 04:32 PM

So cute!

Flossyliz 12-06-2013 04:40 PM

:jumpjoy: Congratulations Elise. He's gorgeous! :jumpjoy:

Good to have you back. :hiya:

LadyKT 12-06-2013 04:55 PM

Congrats!!

sillykimmie 12-06-2013 05:14 PM

What a beautiful little guy! Love his name! Quinn is my son's middle name.

Flutter 12-06-2013 05:33 PM

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!! I can't believe you had him already...seems like you were just here saying you were pg!!! Huge congratulations to you sweetie!!!!! What a GORGEOUS baby and the sibling picture has me in tears. I LOVE SIBLING PHOTOS! <melt> I'm so happy for you!!!!!

Psssst, those 20# will be so outta here in no time! Enjoy every newborn second!!!!!

Jbinme 12-06-2013 05:40 PM

I was just thinking about you. Congrats!! He is so cute:love:

Carly 12-06-2013 07:23 PM

So happy for you! I will want to hear about JUDDDing during pregnancy. Feel free to PM me. Enjoy every moment!

Seabreezes 12-06-2013 07:30 PM

So adorable. Congratulations!

LoCarbGal 12-06-2013 08:40 PM

He's just precious Elise! The sibling picture is adorable! You are a lucky Mama.

Galveston Gal 12-06-2013 11:27 PM

Such a handsome fellow! ....and look at the color of that hair...:heart:
You are blessed!

Good for you for Breast Feeding....Lucky Quinn~:clap:
I did also with all 3 of our sons, but not while dieting.

kitty_el 12-07-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewstate (Post 16708858)
After 9 LONG months and more than a few added pounds, baby Quinn has arrived! His 2 brothers and sister (and myself of course) are over the moon about him. I haven't started back to JUDDD just yet (he's 2 weeks old) as I don't know how it will affect my milk supply but I'm thinking about how to jump back in and will rejoin you all soon. I have missed everybody so much!! I'm up about 20 lbs now but since I had a c-section I'm pretty sure most of that will drop off in the next few weeks (fingers crossed).

If anybody has done alternate day dieting while nursing, let me know how it went and what adjustments I would need to make. I kept up with JUDDD for most of the pregnancy but towards the end my sweet tooth and the hunger monster really caught up with me and I didn't do so well :o

Hey how did you get on doing JUDDD whilst pregnant? I am hoping to get pregnant soon & would like to continue JUDDD but not sure how it would work?

Congratluations :) :)

Fluffy_Bunny 12-07-2013 03:21 AM

He's adorable! Congrats.

4devochki 12-07-2013 04:24 AM

Many blessings to you and your new boy!

I'm new to JUDDD, so can't comment specifically as my last breastfeeding was 4.5 years ago (my twins are now 6 and I fed them for 18 months). But for me, nothing took of the weight like BFing, walking, and eating a generally healthful diet.

Enjoy these precious days!

Librarygirl 12-07-2013 05:44 AM

Elise, I'm no expert (at all!), but I've always heard that nursing moms need extra calories. I guess if you did try and JUDDD, I'd think your DDs shouldn't be under 1000, or even 1500. Your UDs should probably be 3000+. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will chime in. :)

KeirasMom 12-07-2013 06:13 AM

When I first started JUDDD, there was someone who was breast feeding and I can't remember who it was! I believe she added 500 calories to both days, but I'm not entirely sure about that. I knew I was never having another baby, so I honestly didn't pay that close attention. Perhaps if you do a search for JUDDD and breast feeding, the old threads might be archived.

brewstate 12-07-2013 06:46 AM

Thanks guys, we are really happy and he's such a sweet and calm baby (unlike his sister :p) For those that wanted to know JUDDDing while pregnant really wasn't that hard. At first I just ate 500 calories and mostly didn't count on my UD's since I had morning sickness and wasn't over indulging (I had previously been doing about 350 calorie DD's). As things progressed, I tried to keep my DD calories to 700 or so and eat healthy on my UD's. I will say by the end of the 3rd trimester I just did the best I could and often ended up with multiple UD's in a row and was ok with that. I have been off rotations since he was born because I don't want to cause any problems but I'm hoping in another week or so to ease back in to high rotations. I am doing lowish carb right now to get in lots of extra fats but really miss my rotations.

LoCarbGal 12-07-2013 07:14 AM

You did fantastic! Only 20 pounds? You're the ideal pregnancy!

SlimNana 12-07-2013 07:41 AM

He's adorable! Congrats to you and your growing family.

Nursing mothers are advised against fasting to protect their milk production, even modified low calorie versions like ADF & 5:2 etc. So you're wise to start rotations with the highest calories for WLM, to account for the extra 500 you need while nursing.

It will come off in no time, and by spring you'll be rocking that slimmer body of yours again!

:) Ann

Locarbarella 12-07-2013 07:43 AM

What a beautiful little baby --- with a beautiful name! Congratulations!

MaryEllenC 12-07-2013 12:14 PM

Adorable...congratulations!!

Mary Ellen

jdforshort 12-07-2013 08:29 PM

Congratulations! Absolutely gorgeous baby! God bless Quinn!

mafiamom 12-08-2013 03:21 PM

i'm new here and you don't know me, but i just wanted to say congratulations and remark on what a precious bundle he is!!

500 cals seems to be the magic number for nursing. i would guess if you add that to both UD and DD you will be fine. keep a close watch and if your supply seems to be dwindling add another 200. the KEY is hydration. drink more than you think is humanly possible. this will help keep your supply up even if your calories are down.

congrats again, and remember - drink, drink, drink :)

Kissa 12-09-2013 02:58 AM

Quinn is just beautiful Elise, congratulations. You did so well only gaining 20 lbs, and that will go soon enough I am certain.

No rush to see the weight go and you have had good advice here. So good to know that you are all well.

zipp2play 12-09-2013 05:33 AM

OH his is simply perfect. Looks like with his big sisters, he won't ever be put down!!! :heart:

handbells 12-09-2013 05:46 AM

Congratulations! He's precious!

vanilla_latte 12-09-2013 01:23 PM

Congratulations!! He's gorgeous!!