Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD Calculator numbers (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/818161-juddd-calculator-numbers.html)

kitty_el 12-05-2013 09:11 AM

JUDDD Calculator numbers
 
Hey everyone - do you think the numbers on the JUDDD calculator can be moved around for example for maintenance my numbers are 1774/1064 which gives me a total of 2838, do you think it would still work if I did 2100/700 - for me 1700 is just too low.

Also for maintenance my average cals work out around 1400 - I would most definitely continue to lose weight if I ate at this level - I don't understand why they would be this low?

Thanks everyone

KeirasMom 12-05-2013 10:16 AM

If you're in maintenance, there's no reason not to try out different things. My maintenance numbers are 1702/851 and I've been doing 2000/700 for quite a while and maintaining just fine.

I know Laurie does 3000/600 for maintenance, or something similar, and she does great, but she's pretty strict with her rotations and keeping DDs pretty low (IIRC). Perhaps she'll chime in.

Flossyliz 12-05-2013 10:25 AM

It's experiment time!
If you find you start to gain, you can always go back to WLM for a while, then have another tweak.
As long as you've a supply of sirtuins, JUDDD is very accommodating. :cool:

kitty_el 12-05-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16707054)
If you're in maintenance, there's no reason not to try out different things. My maintenance numbers are 1702/851 and I've been doing 2000/700 for quite a while and maintaining just fine.

I know Laurie does 3000/600 for maintenance, or something similar, and she does great, but she's pretty strict with her rotations and keeping DDs pretty low (IIRC). Perhaps she'll chime in.

I think 3000/600 would be more realistic for me in terms of maintaining - as this would still only give me an average of 1800 - although I don't do much exercise I am 6ft tall and have a pretty fast metabolism. I would be really interested in hearing from Laurie re her stats & exercise levels.

I think I will just play around and see how I get on :)

Carly 12-06-2013 08:31 PM

I'm short and do not have a fast metabolism, but I do 2 DD at 300 and 5 days no counting, but the range is 1400-1800. Lower end more often then higher end.

kitty_el 12-07-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16709112)
I'm short and do not have a fast metabolism, but I do 2 DD at 300 and 5 days no counting, but the range is 1400-1800. Lower end more often then higher end.

I hadn't thought about doing 5:2, but that sounds like a great way to maintain. According to the calculators for my weight/height I need 1800 cals per day to maintain which gives me 2 days of 300 and 5 days of 2400. That definitely sounds doable long term :)

Carly 12-07-2013 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty_el (Post 16709208)
I hadn't thought about doing 5:2, but that sounds like a great way to maintain. According to the calculators for my weight/height I need 1800 cals per day to maintain which gives me 2 days of 300 and 5 days of 2400. That definitely sounds doable long term :)

I've been doing 5:2 since May I believe. I started out trying 4:3 when I got to goal, but still lost ever so slightly. When I switched to 5:2 I maintained effortlessly.

Over the summer I did a short round of WLM since DW was juddding, but since she stopped I went back to 5:2 in September. It works great for me.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 AM.