Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   JUDDD magic and its infinite flexibility! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/818085-juddd-magic-its-infinite-flexibility.html)

KeirasMom 12-04-2013 04:14 PM

JUDDD magic and its infinite flexibility!

On December 1st, after 4 days of wanton disregard for calories and portions, I was up to 152.8 pounds (IIRC), from a low of 145.2 the previous week. My goal for December was to get back to the mid-140s and then transition to 5:2 to see if I can maintain with a little looser structure.

This morning, after only 2 (TWO!) DDs back on rotations, I was back down to 146, where I'm perfectly content. I sure do love JUDDD! :love:

My JUDDD numbers for maintenance at 50% are 1702/851. I've been doing closer to 2000/700 and maintaining beautifully. Guinea pig that I am, I've decided to try to keep those numbers, but only do 2 DDs per week. I'm going to give it at least 2 weeks to see what happens, starting with a 2nd UD tomorrow.

I did run my stats through several TDEE calculators, and they all say I should be able to maintain on anywhere from 1692 - 1805 per day (yeah, right!) with NO down days. If I arbitrarily choose 1700 calories and multiply by 7, I get 11,900 calories. If I follow 2000/700 in a 5:2 pattern, I get 11,400 calories. That's quite similar, so I'm hoping it will work.

:newbie: disclaimer: I have been doing JUDDD for nearly 2 years and I've been in maintenance for nearly a year. **Do NOT try this at home!** :hyst: I'm the crazy lady who likes to keep mixing things up "just because."

Carly 12-04-2013 04:24 PM

I say go for it!!!!
I've been doing 5:2, but my DDs are around 300. I don't mind and I don't count my UDs. Probably fluctuate between 1,400-1,800 but probably most often on the slightly lower end like 1500-1600.

Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Flutter 12-04-2013 04:30 PM

I love how "scientific" you are with your various maintenance formulas & methods! Cracks me up! You go girl, I'm so tickled you're enjoying yourself & having tons of fun, too! :heart:

I personally can't do 5:2. I eat too much on my UDs. ;) I need uber low DDs EOD in order to even remotely stay within my maintenance bracket. <blush>

Librarygirl 12-04-2013 04:49 PM

Flutter, you might be surprised at how much less you eat if you don't have DDs eod. I was surprised that I didn't feel as hungry, or that I needed to eat as much. Plus, if I under-ate, I wasn't worried that the next day was a DD! :) You could always throw in an extra DD if you have a higher UD. Just a thought, but of course you know yourself better than anyone!:hugs::love:

Low Carb Librarian 12-04-2013 05:29 PM

Good luck Dawn!

leonak 12-04-2013 05:51 PM

Dawn - There is a song called "Just Because"!

Made famous many years ago by Polka King - Frank Yankovic

gotsomeold 12-05-2013 05:15 AM

Dawn, that sounds like a plan fer shure! You will probably rock it...but if it does out I have no doubt you will find other potential and scientifically supported eating patterns, and maintain your skinny, gorgeous self!

Eieio 12-05-2013 05:46 AM

Dawn you ARE AMAZING

Im sure u never tire of hearing, great job!

LiLi914 12-05-2013 08:08 AM

I say go for it. I love hearing about your plans.

KeirasMom 12-05-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 16706288)
Dawn - There is a song called "Just Because"!

Made famous many years ago by Polka King - Frank Yankovic

Now I'm going to have to find this song. If I like it, it could be my theme song. :hyst:

Thanks everyone. We shall see how it goes. I keep gravitating back to EOD rotations after a while when I try something new, so there's definitely something to the JUDDD magic, even when other things are working.

Flossyliz 12-05-2013 09:17 AM

Something similar has been working for me Dawn - though mine wasn't by design! :o

jdforshort 12-05-2013 11:57 AM

"Lead on McDuff":clap: You are a real adventurer !:D

mafiamom 12-05-2013 12:00 PM

anxious to hear how this works out! it would be so great to maintain with only two DD's. keep us posted, girl!

vanilla_latte 12-05-2013 12:02 PM

That's awesome! I'm so jealous. I wish all I needed was two DDs to get back to goal. :lol:

leonak 12-05-2013 01:17 PM

JUST BECAUSE POLKA

Just because you think you're so pretty
Just because you think you're hot
Just because you think you've got something
That no body else has got
You've caused me to spend all my money
You laughed and called me old Santa Claus
I'm telling you, Baby I'm through with you
Just because, just becaus
e

The following is changed just for Dawn!

Just because you think you're so pretty - and you are!:shake:
Just because you think you're hot - you are very hot!:high5:
Just because you think you've got something - you do, less pounds!:jumpjoy:
That no body else has got - we all want it !:heart:
You've caused me to spend all my money - no, no, we spend less now! :love:
You laughed and called me old Santa Claus - it is the season! :cool:
I'm telling you, Baby I'm NEVER through with you :jumpjoy:
Just because, just because you are so special!:sing:

KeirasMom 12-05-2013 01:19 PM

Leona, you have me cracking up, and feeling special at the same time! Thank you! :love:

MaryEllenC 12-05-2013 02:30 PM

Keep us posted on how it goes. Good luck!!

Mary Ellen

Librarygirl 12-05-2013 03:00 PM

I meant to say, good luck, Dawn! While I was busy trying to hack the thread. :D I'm sure you will do well, and if not, you will find a way, just as you have done so far.:high5:

leonak 12-05-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16707352)
Leona, you have me cracking up, and feeling special at the same time! Thank you! :love:

You really are so very special!

:jumpjoy::high5::love::jumpjoy::clap::heart:

LoCarbGal 12-05-2013 03:26 PM

It is amazing how little time it takes to get back to where you want after an...ahem...slight indiscretion. Like mine too. I'm not weighing again this month, so I'm going to just ASSUME my results are just like yours! Our eating days were similar, our peeing habit the other day was similar, so I'm sure my extra holiday weight is gone too! So there.

I can't wait to hear how this plan works for you!

Leona, you are priceless! :hyst:

Kissa 12-05-2013 04:08 PM

:up:Go Dawn, go.:high5:

Joyjoy 12-06-2013 05:08 PM

Fantastic.:high5:

KeirasMom 12-07-2013 05:41 AM

Quick update. I did UDs on Tuesday and Wednesday, had a DD yesterday, (calories were 1978, 1873, and 490) and saw a new low this morning! 144.4! My mind is boggled. :D Heading into 2 UDs this weekend. Next Friday is my company party, so I think I'll make my DDs Monday and Thursday, and go from there. We're getting a sitter (a VERY rare occurrence) for my work party, so we'll probably take advantage of that and stay out afterward for a bit. :heart:

LoCarbGal 12-07-2013 07:55 AM

Wow Dawn! This makes me very happy to hear, because I'm hoping to be in that position sometime next year. Good for you! Have loads of fun!

Flutter 12-08-2013 07:41 AM

SO happy for you girl!!! Have fun!!!

MintQ8 12-08-2013 08:54 AM

Great news!

GoalieMom98 12-08-2013 11:32 AM

Dawn, your amazing results are so inspiring, as with so many others on here. :notwrthy: I am feeling like the next few weeks are going to be very challenging...already we have 3 christmas parties this week and my son's birthday, which we will be celebrating on Tuesday and there will be an extended family gathering next weekend. My dh and I have decided to do a DD whenever we have nothing planned, and hope to get out of the holidays with only a few added pounds. Hopefully, when we get back on track, we can evict those extras as quickly as you did!
Congrats....I hope that I can be as successful in maintenance one day as you are...it certainly has never worked for me before, as I have ridden this roller coaster far too many times! :annoyed:
Merry Christmas everyone!
Johanna

KeirasMom 12-08-2013 03:21 PM

Johanna, JUDDD really seems to be the easiest and most forgiving WOE and then Way Of Maintaining I've ever come across. I feel blessed every single time I stop to think about how I just sort of stumbled on this plan and this group of beautiful women (and a handful of men, as well). To be effortlessly maintaining so far below my original goal weight (175), and enjoying life in the process is about the best gift I can think of.

You have a good plan, I think. Throw in DDs as often as you're able, to keep those Sirts active, and I think you'll be pleased with the results. Just remember, if there's a big bounce, it's most likely going to be gone in just a few rotations once you're able to get back to EOD. I was shocked with my 8 pound gain, and equally shocked when it was gone in just 2 rotations. I don't know why I still get shocked, as this has happened before. It's often 2-3 DDs to get rid of any damage. :love:

mafiamom 12-08-2013 03:42 PM

i love that you are seeing success with this. it bodes well for all of us when we hit maintenance!! thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Bimpee 01-15-2014 11:47 AM

Hi Dawn, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to ask how you started off doing JUDDD, did you eat anything you wanted on UD? Or healthy low cal or low carb meals?