Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Article on IF in Wallstreet Journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/818060-article-if-wallstreet-journal.html)

Librarygirl 12-04-2013 06:55 AM

Article on IF in Wallstreet Journal
 
Can I post an article that doesn't have links to purchase products? Hope this is ok!

Short Fasts for Weight Loss vs. Traditional Diets - WSJ.com

LoCarbGal 12-04-2013 06:59 AM

I saw that too Cindy. Pretty interesting. I'm glad IF is getting more mainstream press.

Librarygirl 12-04-2013 07:07 AM

The comments are pretty typical though lol. Stopped reading them after one too many saying, "just exercise and eat right"; "it's a starvation diet", etc., etc.:rolleyes:

LadyKT 12-04-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16705480)
The comments are pretty typical though lol. Stopped reading them after one too many saying, "just exercise and eat right"; "it's a starvation diet", etc., etc.:rolleyes:

The one comment that said the guy looked 54, not 39 and that's why he won't do it - too bad they can't see some of the after pics on this board!

Librarygirl 12-04-2013 07:23 AM

He does look older than 39, but he certainly didn't look better 60 lbs heavier. It wasn't IF that made him look older, but the stress of weight gain and weight loss, and IF probably saved his looks more than any other way of loss might have. People will make any excuse to avoid hard work. I know that because I have done it myself!

LadyKT 12-04-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16705503)
He does look older than 39, but he certainly didn't look better 60 lbs heavier. It wasn't IF that made him look older, but the stress of weight gain and weight loss, and IF probably saved his looks more than any other way of loss might have. People will make any excuse to avoid hard work. I know that because I have done it myself!

Or stress of his job, he could be a heavy smoker, etc.

I just love the ridiculous of the comments though. If they only knew....

LoCarbGal 12-04-2013 07:31 AM

Yeah, I don't even bother with comments on most articles. Seems like the dumbest people (or the angriest) always open their mouths. Not worth my time.

Sirtain 12-04-2013 08:46 AM

Good article. Thanks for linking. I like seeing more people exposed to this idea in the mainstream media. At least they will have heard about it, and who knows, maybe some day they'll try it. I'm getting to the point where I think every one should! :)

Flutter 12-04-2013 08:53 AM



I almost shared it on my FB page...then I realized I didn't want to open up to half my "friends" on FB, so I didn't. LOL

Yennie 12-04-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16705521)
Yeah, I don't even bother with comments on most articles. Seems like the dumbest people (or the angriest) always open their mouths. Not worth my time.

:goodpost:

I can't read comments anymore. People frighten me.
I did see this as well. And was amused by the "most people can't do it" comments. I think people can - if they adjust their mindset. But I do like that IF is getting more press!

KeirasMom 12-04-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16705661)
:goodpost:

I can't read comments anymore. People frighten me.
I did see this as well. And was amused by the "most people can't do it" comments. I think people can - if they adjust their mindset. But I do like that IF is getting more press!

I did like that they pointed out that it gets easier with time, and if people could get past the month mark, it really does become routine. How many times have we seen people struggle through that first month and then find their groove? Not always, obviously, but more often than not.

LoCarbGal 12-04-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16705717)
I did like that they pointed out that it gets easier with time, and if people could get past the month mark, it really does become routine. How many times have we seen people struggle through that first month and then find their groove? Not always, obviously, but more often than not.

Yes, there definitely is an adjustment period. That's what I tell everyone who wants to know what I'm doing and gets that terrified look in their eyes when I tell them. If they really want to try it, they must be prepared for an adjustment. But the rewards are so great!

mafiamom 12-04-2013 01:07 PM

great article! this way of life needs more attention for sure. as for the comments.... ugh. so irritating and frustrating. i can't read them. as for it being hard to do...if *I* can do it, really anyone can! i am a big ole pig when it comes to food and eating a ton of it :)

as someone who as tried the all the time low calorie diet thing.... JUDDD is a gazillion times easier, better, and more effective.

FrostyBeav 12-04-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mafiamom (Post 16705880)
as someone who as tried the all the time low calorie diet thing.... JUDDD is a gazillion times easier, better, and more effective.

I've spent the better part of the last six months trying low calorie density eating. I actually like it for the most part but it's so slow that one day can undo most of a week's progress. :mad:

Librarygirl 12-04-2013 04:43 PM

I think, regardless of whether you can "do" low calorie diets day in and day out (and the percentage of people who can is low), a constant deficit in nutrients and fat will cause muscle loss and other things that JUDDD doesn't (cause) as badly. JMO, based on what I've read here. :)

Carly 12-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16705717)
I did like that they pointed out that it gets easier with time, and if people could get past the month mark, it really does become routine. How many times have we seen people struggle through that first month and then find their groove? Not always, obviously, but more often than not.

:goodpost:
I agree. If you make it through that first month it is almost a no brainer and amazing how effortless it becomes.

I looked a few comments and really worried about my fellow humans... <shakes head>


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM.