Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   How Long Have You Gone Without A DD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/817951-how-long-have-you-gone-without-dd.html)

Librarygirl 12-01-2013 04:37 PM

How Long Have You Gone Without A DD?

Because I'm coming up on a full week.:o I tried to do a DD on Sat., but ultimately did not. I've been on vacation for a week, and I've seen many of you say that you did not do rotations while on vacation--admittedly most of you were away from home, but was it difficult to get back into the groove? If I'm not mistaken, this is the longest I've gone without a DD since I started. Tomorrow's a DD, no ifs, ands or buts! I'll also be back at work!

After this coming week and two days of the following week, I'll be on an extended holiday vacation (from work). I hope I don't fall into the same pattern then!

Flossyliz 12-01-2013 04:45 PM

I've gone a week no problem. Just do a good DD as soon as you can and get back into rotations as your schedule allows. You should be fine!

leonak 12-01-2013 04:47 PM

I have not done a DD in about 10 days - result was a gain:cry::stars::cry:

Librarygirl 12-01-2013 04:58 PM

My results are a big gain as well. :( I went back down 2 lbs this morning, but I think I found it plus some. I'll be lucky if I can get back to my lowest at all this month, let alone lose more lol.

I must say, it's been kind of relaxing while at the same time terrifying. :D

KeirasMom 12-01-2013 06:40 PM

Unplanned, the longest I've gone is 4 days. Today's my first DD after that little lapse. :lol: I gained quite a chunk!

The other times I've gone off rotations were planned and usually included another plan for a short time, so I don't think they'd apply.

Librarygirl 12-01-2013 07:19 PM

I didn't really plan on taking off the whole week, but I've not had more than 5 days without a DD in over a year, and that was only one time. I've had 2 and 3 UDs in a row here and there, but never a full week off rotations.

Yennie 12-01-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16702454)

The other times I've gone off rotations were planned and usually included another plan for a short time, so I don't think they'd apply.

This is what I did as well. If I was off and I knew DDs just weren't going to happen then I'd do a Fast 5 or something else. Mixed in with whatever other bits of control I could muster. So I guess I don't know the answer because if I wasn't UD/DDing it, I was doing some form of IF. Even during my break it was more of a 5:2 thing. So I guess the last time I went without IF was Jan 20 the day before I started JUDDD :)

Librarygirl 12-01-2013 08:29 PM

Well, I'm not worried. Too much. :) I've been doing this for too long for it to fail me now. ;)

Yennie 12-01-2013 08:51 PM

Exactly!! That's how it should be. Great outlook!

LoCarbGal 12-01-2013 09:10 PM

I think my longest was a planned 9 days, which turned into 10 or 11. It's tough to get back started again! We need to be able to admit that. As much as we love JUDDD and ADF, it's a treat to not have to think about it or count for a few to several days. It just is.

You'll be fine this upcoming time off, Cindy. Just try to come here and post as much as you can. Maybe that will help counteract some of the being off of work difficulties. We're all trying our best and sometimes struggling along, and we can help each other!

jdforshort 12-01-2013 09:30 PM

LG, All my vacations were/are free fall! 6 weeks at a time. I enjoyed the vacs because I ate what I wanted but not over stuffing, mind you! And yes I did gain 8-10 lbs each time. 2-3 lbs was water weight from traveling which came off within couple of days, the rest stuck I'm afraid. Getting back into rotation is not too bad but it did take me 2-3 days to gear up. I've still got 6 lbs to take off from the 2 vacations this year, that'll bring me to my wgt in April! Would I do that again, in a heart beat! You can call it vacation from "dieting" too!

gotsomeold 12-02-2013 02:51 AM

All the way thru weight loss and into maintenance, about every two months I had some major event or vaycay. Like Yennie, I slipped over to Fast 5 (just because I am going to have a deeelish huge lunch does not mean I have to eat breakfast) or slipped in a low calorie day whenever there was little on the menu I wanted. Also, although I ate whatever and however much I wanted, I did not eat to complete stuffage.

My biggest bounce was six pounds - gone in two DDs.

Usually during one of those marathons, I find myself looking forward to the peace and simplicity of DD....sometimes it is hard to restart. The magic always comes back though.

Take a deep breaath ... center yourself ... repeat "Hunger is not an emergency" as needed ... you can do it!!!!

Ailuros 12-02-2013 03:05 AM

I had about a week off in the summer, maybe 9 days, when we had friends staying. The first couple of down days were a bit harder afterwards, but I settled back into the routine without much problem. I’ve only had one down day in the last week — again, because we had people staying. Back to normal with a down day today. My weight is up about 2 lbs.

I’ll be staying with my parents for 2 weeks at Christmas, so all in all, I’ll be lucky if I reach the end of January at the same weight as the end of November!

Carly 12-02-2013 03:18 AM

When I have been on vacation I had planned breaks from DDs. I would do fast 5 many of the days, but ate much above 300 calories so a DD- no.
I think I had a 10 day break last year. I gained. Can't say quite how much, but with a couple good rotations the extra weight was gone. For me a lot of the weight was water weight from actually traveling (airplane tips make be blow up.)

Librarygirl 12-02-2013 04:31 AM

Thanks for all the great responses. I am officially up 6.8 lbs this morning over my lowest weigh in (which I only saw one time lol). I guess I did fast five many days last week, partly because several of them were initially meant to be DDs. :D I rarely eat breakfast, and a couple of days I skipped lunch as well. Here's hoping I can get back to losing quickly!

Flutter 12-02-2013 06:05 AM

I wouldn't worry about it, LG. You're back on a DD now, and that's all that matters. Breaks can be essential to your mental health. ;) I love Juddd, you just enjoy life & move along with a DD as soon as you can. No big thing! You got this!!

Goner 12-02-2013 08:03 AM

I have no answers, just encouragement - you can do it!! Everyone here has great confidence in you - as proven by their helpful advice!!

Joyjoy 12-02-2013 03:30 PM

Nine months. Wouldn't recommend it.:)

Librarygirl 12-02-2013 03:50 PM

Lol, Kristin. Was that pregnancy? I have jumped right back into the swing of things today, and so far so good. I can't imagine anything going wrong now (with this DD). I am having a bit more hunger than I'd like, but it's surmountable, plus I'm about to eat a salad with baked chicken. :)

Joyjoy 12-02-2013 04:03 PM

Cindy, it wasn't a pregnancy (dear god, that'd be a shocker at 51), it was just nine months of being unable, somehow, to Juddd. Couldn't face it, couldn't get through a dd. And somehow - wish I knew how these things worked - I recently started missing the down and up of it. A week into it, it feels wonderful.
I suspect that I needed some tweaking way back when and just fell off the wagon entirely instead.

Librarygirl 12-02-2013 04:06 PM

I didn't really think so (pregnancy), but nine months sounded suspicious. ;) I hope that I don't ever go so long that I gain back a significant amount of weight, because I was miserable at 200+ lbs, and I don't ever want to go there again. :) Great job on getting back into the swing of things!

zipp2play 12-03-2013 08:48 AM

When I have a "break" when I come back, I ease into it. That way my first DD doesn't become an epic UUAD. Like today is my first DD in over a week. I plan to eat up to 900c if necessary. Hey, it's better than 2500 because I throw in the towel and say F it! :lol:

leonak 12-03-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16704383)
When I have a "break" when I come back, I ease into it. That way my first DD doesn't become an epic UUAD. Like today is my first DD in over a week. I plan to eat up to 900c if necessary. Hey, it's better than 2500 because I throw in the towel and say F it! :lol:

:goodpost:

I could not have said it better!:high5: