Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Hi, Cassandra. I wanted to respond to you, because I started at almost your exact weight. In the first two months I was down 14 pounds. Just think how good that will feel to you at the end of January! It seems like a long time looking forward, but when you get there, you will be surprised, looking back, at how quickly and EASILY, it went. Hang on through those first tough days. You can do it!

Also, YES, be sure to eat enough on the Up Days. Otherwise, you are not JUDDDing.

Hi to Slimindisguise, and Lynne, too. (Hope I didn't miss anyone.) We're glad to have you here.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4devochki View Post
... daily menu (whole eggs with roast eggplant and feta? Poached salmon with avocado-dill sauce, roasted sprouts and parsnips, plus almonds and apple--just a half--for dessert? Double yum). Not cheating! Hard to believe.

Is it crazy to be already planning the nice things I'll get to eat on my next up day (herb-crusted beef tenderloin, rocket salad with lots of nice Cypriot olive oil, lemon and pignoli, carrot soup with creme fraiche...)?
Please can I come and live at your house?!

Hi Lynne. Off to a good start!

LadyB glad you're feeling better today.
Remember Cindy's motto - relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: May 2013
Welcome to the new Juddd Budds. I give you lots of credit for beginning a new eating plan at the holiday time! Even though JUDDD seems like the best plan to get through them and enjoy your traditional holiday meals!!

If I had any advice I'd say to trust you will lose weight - although it will probably bounce up and down with your rotations - eat up to your UD calories FOR SURE - and keep track of your calories and weight so you have something to look at and compare down the road.

And most of all... ENJOY those UDs! They are definitely part of the JUDDD magic!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
Today is a down day for me. I usually have breakfast at 6:00 a.m., but decided to postpone breakast until 9:30. I sipped on my coffee and wasn't starving. I usually have lunch at 12:00, but we have a faculty meeting today that will last until 4:30 so I will be having lunch at 2:30. I'll be sipping on iced water w/sugar-free peach tea.
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Salamander
Stats: 5'0"- 43
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 08
Hello, I've been lurking here. Really enjoy this forum!

I tried JUDDD a few years ago, but it didn't work out for me for weight loss. I have been doing HCG (using a non-hormone drop that really helps to suppress my appetite), am down to a great weight and want to transition to Juddd for maintenance. I'm quite adapted to eating an average of 600 calories a day and have had a couple of looser days (such as Thanksgiving) but I think I probably didn't eat more than 1200 calories. So I'm scared of doing entire "up" days. I'm going to Hawaii in one week so I need to transition so I can enjoy eating there!

Sally
Salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
OK, I can see I'm going to need to stock more full-fat lowcarb dairy for up days--as eating just 1/3 of my daily allotted cals so far has left me feeling like I'm going to burst. Will only make 1,200 today (with nuts, avocado and veggies roasted in oil!).

That said, it's really nice to feel "legal" and have such a full relaxed feeling, and such an appealing daily menu (whole eggs with roast eggplant and feta? Poached salmon with avocado-dill sauce, roasted sprouts and parsnips, plus almonds and apple--just a half--for dessert? Double yum). Not cheating! Hard to believe.

Is it crazy to be already planning the nice things I'll get to eat on my next up day (herb-crusted beef tenderloin, rocket salad with lots of nice Cypriot olive oil, lemon and pignoli, carrot soup with creme fraiche...)?
It's not crazy at all! I think we all do it. Your food sounds way more tantalizing than most of mine does though - WOW! Yes, it's so nice to not have to feel guilty about eating. And that will come more and more to you as you adapt. But please do try real hard to get those calories in. 1200 just isn't enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybarometer View Post
Feel a bit better today - kept myself busy yesterday, so most of my worries didn't interfere too much after a while. I went home, relaxed a bit, had a little dinner, and wore comfortable clothes that fit so it would be off my mind.

I'll continue to drink water today, and try and relax - stress can cause weight gain too! Hopefully I can get back on track losing.
You made it through a tough day! I hope today is going better. You're right, stress can cause weight gain, and at the very least, stop weight loss. Breathe deep, visualize success, yourself at goal weight and enjoy that feeling. Everything you're doing now is working to get you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
Today is a down day for me. I usually have breakfast at 6:00 a.m., but decided to postpone breakast until 9:30. I sipped on my coffee and wasn't starving. I usually have lunch at 12:00, but we have a faculty meeting today that will last until 4:30 so I will be having lunch at 2:30. I'll be sipping on iced water w/sugar-free peach tea.
Sounds like a busy day! But you've got a good plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

I tried JUDDD a few years ago, but it didn't work out for me for weight loss. I have been doing HCG (using a non-hormone drop that really helps to suppress my appetite), am down to a great weight and want to transition to Juddd for maintenance. I'm quite adapted to eating an average of 600 calories a day and have had a couple of looser days (such as Thanksgiving) but I think I probably didn't eat more than 1200 calories. So I'm scared of doing entire "up" days. I'm going to Hawaii in one week so I need to transition so I can enjoy eating there!

Sally
Definitely enjoy your vacation eating! It's one of the joys of life. I can't imagine eating only 1200 calories on Thanksgiving! You must have iron control. I could eat that easily in dressing alone!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4devochki
Stats: 200.6/189/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2 December 2013
Sirtain, thanks for your encouragement. It was a horrible number to see on the scale but nothing I didn't deserve.

I found a way to drastically boost daily cals--filching from the freezer a piece of the low-carb cheesecake I made for DH's birthday. Ran the recipe through *** and it's 365 per slice!

Flossy, I'm saving you a piece for when you make that move east.

LadyB, relaxing is a good reminder. May have to work in a manicure tomorrow...
4devochki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:

I found a way to drastically boost daily cals--filching from the freezer a piece of the low-carb cheesecake I made for DH's birthday. Ran the recipe through *** and it's 365 per slice!

I'll take two! Yum, I LOVE cheesecake.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

Sally
! I think there may be a bit of bounce coming off hcg from what others have reported, but it will be really important to stick to both your DD and UD numbers from the calculator to get the full benefits of juddd.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice to see more new faces.

Glad you are feeling better LadyB
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
I have been pretty enthusiastic about JUDDD but I still have a niggling doubt in the back of my mind. Over the last year, I have been able to diet down to almost 200 lbs several times but haven't been able to break through (before I did a year of VLC, I effortlessly maintained at 197-199 lbs). My lowest weight so far doing JUDDD is 201.2 (this morning).

However, I have to remind myself that during the three weeks I have been doing this includes a three day road trip with my boys where we ate a ton of junk in the car and a five day trip to the in-laws' for Thanksgiving where I ate whatever I wanted. In the past, that would have me wearing my fat pants and hating myself. Instead, I'm down almost 10 pounds, so it's all good so far.
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Welcome everyone!

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I have been pretty enthusiastic about JUDDD but I still have a niggling doubt in the back of my mind. Over the last year, I have been able to diet down to almost 200 lbs several times but haven't been able to break through (before I did a year of VLC, I effortlessly maintained at 197-199 lbs). My lowest weight so far doing JUDDD is 201.2 (this morning).

However, I have to remind myself that during the three weeks I have been doing this includes a three day road trip with my boys where we ate a ton of junk in the car and a five day trip to the in-laws' for Thanksgiving where I ate whatever I wanted. In the past, that would have me wearing my fat pants and hating myself. Instead, I'm down almost 10 pounds, so it's all good so far.
That's awesome, Frosty! It's the JUDDD magic we all love. You're going to find yourself under that 200 number very soon, I predict.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #44
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nice report Frosty. JUDDD is amazing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree with Carol, Frost, I bet 200 will be in your review mirror before you know it!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Thanks all. I hope so, though not gaining through December would be a win too.

I turn 50 on February 1st. Last summer, I decided I wanted to lose 30 lbs by then ("30 by 50"). I screwed around too much and it ain't gonna happen. However, being at 190 (or in the 190's) would be cool too, considering the late start.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

I have been debating for awhile on whether to do a 4:3 or an EOD rotation. I think, for now, I've settled on a 4:3. Having M, W, F fixed DDs fits my life really well.

Over a two week span, it's only one fewer DD. Since I am doing full fast DDs, I think I can afford it. However, if I find I am spending all week undoing damage from Saturday and Sunday, I will go to an EOD rotation.

I had thought about doing a "half UD" on Saturday, limiting Saturday to dinner only. However, with Friday being a DD, that makes it a 48 hour fast to get to Saturday dinner. That may be a bit much.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have been debating for awhile on whether to do a 4:3 or an EOD rotation. I think, for now, I've settled on a 4:3. Having M, W, F fixed DDs fits my life really well.

Over a two week span, it's only one fewer DD. Since I am doing full fast DDs, I think I can afford it. However, if I find I am spending all week undoing damage from Saturday and Sunday, I will go to an EOD rotation.

I had thought about doing a "half UD" on Saturday, limiting Saturday to dinner only. However, with Friday being a DD, that makes it a 48 hour fast to get to Saturday dinner. That may be a bit much.
You may find that it's not a big deal waiting till dinner on Saturday after a few weeks of JUDDD. I often wait till dinner on UD and my DDs are under 300.

I would worry that Monday and Wednesday's DD would be undoing the double UD weekend, but it is definitely worth a try. You may decide that EOD is just fine after doing 4:3 for a bit of time.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I like having Friday as a DD because I work at home that day. Let's just say more than a few diet attempts have been derailed by Fridays. Once I get a handle on the eating, though, I can switch to EOD.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’m still moving slowly downwards. Actually saw 121.0 this morning. I haven’t worked out yet how I’m going to minimise the damage while staying with my parents for two weeks.

At some point I’ll have to start working out how to handle maintenance, but I think there’ll be a bit of recovery from Christmas to do before I need to worry about that.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
At some point I’ll have to start working out how to handle maintenance, but I think there’ll be a bit of recovery from Christmas to do before I need to worry about that.
I hear you. I think I will probably need a couple weeks of EOD rotations WLM style in the new year to get back to where I really like to be. I'm seeing a bit of a creep up since Thanksgiving and after 3 more weeks of special things I may be up a bit more, but juddd is so effortless that I just don't sweat it.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Sally and Frostybeav
Wishing you an enjoyable and successful JUDDD journey.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: geobom
Stats: 190/168/145
WOE: Atkins/HFLC 7/2013 JUDDD 12/2013
Start Date: restart July 2013
I am a long time on again and off again LC'er since 2002 alternating with WW : I have been following a LC diet again since July and started with NK and increased fat consumption in October. Doing well with that and then my weight loss came to a screeching halt. I need to kick start my metabolism. So I started JUDDD yesterday and had my first DD. I calculated my caloric requirements on Dr. Johnson's website as 1747 for UD and going with 30% 525. I could easily do 535 on DD. I did not eat anything except for coffee until 2:30, where I had a salad with dressing and an egg. I then had another egg around 5pm. Was feeling great and had only 444 calories. I thought that this is easy to do, until my husband offered me a glass of wine. Of course I could not stick to just one glass. My total for the day ended up being 813 calories. Oh well, today is another day.
Kathy
geobom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Kathy. DH offering wine derails my DDs quite often.

816 cals is probably still a DD. It was a Friday evening after all!

Enjoy your UD today - with legitimate wine tonight if you like.

Welcome to JUDDD.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I hear you. I think I will probably need a couple weeks of EOD rotations WLM style in the new year to get back to where I really like to be. I'm seeing a bit of a creep up since Thanksgiving and after 3 more weeks of special things I may be up a bit more, but juddd is so effortless that I just don't sweat it.
My husband is doing EOD fasting and still has quite a way to go, so it’s very easy for me just not to eat much on the days when he doesn’t eat. I’m still waiting to see if the weight loss just stops, or if I’ll need to change things for maintenance. Do you do 5/2 to maintain? (Edit — oops just saw that it says that’s what you do in your signature.)
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobom View Post
I am a long time on again and off again LC'er since 2002 alternating with WW : I have been following a LC diet again since July and started with NK and increased fat consumption in October. Doing well with that and then my weight loss came to a screeching halt. I need to kick start my metabolism. So I started JUDDD yesterday and had my first DD. I calculated my caloric requirements on Dr. Johnson's website as 1747 for UD and going with 30% 525. I could easily do 535 on DD. I did not eat anything except for coffee until 2:30, where I had a salad with dressing and an egg. I then had another egg around 5pm. Was feeling great and had only 444 calories. I thought that this is easy to do, until my husband offered me a glass of wine. Of course I could not stick to just one glass. My total for the day ended up being 813 calories. Oh well, today is another day.
Kathy
Kathy! You did great on your first DD. Lots of folks struggle keeping it low enough in the beginning, but you can just work your way down. After all, 813 is probably quite a bit less than you would have eaten otherwise. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
hello to all, and welcome! you will learn so much here. i literally learn a new tidbit every time i log in

best bunch of losers on the web
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I really thought I might see the 190's this morning after yesterday's DD. However, I was at 201, only .2 lbs down from the last DD. That 200 lb mark really seems like some kind of impenetrable barrier.

Maybe next week.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobom View Post
Kathy
! DDs can take some getting used to but I sure hope you'll enjoy your UD today!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I really thought I might see the 190's this morning after yesterday's DD. However, I was at 201, only .2 lbs down from the last DD. That 200 lb mark really seems like some kind of impenetrable barrier.

Maybe next week.
It was for me too, Frosty. I waited and waited to see onederland and it kept eluding me. Until one day I blasted right past 199 into 198. And then on down. You will too!