Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Wow Carol thats crazy!! Did anyone ever get the guy to stop?
He was evicted from the house he was renting, so we were just glad to get rid of him and his "clan". I'm sure he kept doing it wherever he went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Is it possible he was trying to raise more money for the child?
We thought that at first, but it turned out, sadly, not to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Hi from Ohio this Holiday season. We have 7 in. of snow and more coming tomorrow. It was in the teens last night. Hope all are having a great Christmas season. Trying to get brave and put up a tree with a new kitten and 2 cats this year. Maybe I will wait a little longer. I have snuck out a few things when the kitten is a sleep.

I have not done any shopping yet. Nor have I done any bakeing because if I did I would have ate it all by now. I always wait to the last week unless I have to take it some where.

All these eggnog drinks sound good and I don.t even drink it! May have to try some.

Hope all are well,warm, and safe. Merry Christmas to all. Love Judy
to you Judy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Quickly checking in, life is crazy lately and when I'm online, it's to do Christmas shopping! I am so behind with everything, too. We finally bought our tree, but it's sitting outside still. No surprise, given our days lately. Yesterday was a morning BBall game (J's last one for the season already, flew by!), then ran home for DH to help the neighbor get his snowblower ready for the season (they're older and count on DH for help) while I made dinner quickly for the kids, then ran out to get the tree for us and one for my folks, then back just in time to run C out to the high school so they could get ready for their last parade (marching band). Ran home again to put on 10 layers of clothing so we could go to the parade to watch C march (brrrrr!!!), then home so DH & K could run my folks' tree over to them while I ran C back up to the school for his "lock in" celebration. (they spend the night at the high school after their last marching band performance each year) Noone had any energy to bother putting our tree up last night after all that, so I crashed by the tv and watched some college football.

ANYHOO, gotta get the tree up today, but haven't baked yet, still have more shopping to do, etc, etc. OH WELL! The holidays have snuck up on me this year!
WOW! Busy lady! I'm tired just reading all of that!

Quote:
I think im fighting off some sort of virus. Woke up in the middle of the night sneezing my head off, then fell back asleep; woke up at 9 am (thats late to sleep in for me!) and fell back asleep to finally wake up at 130!!! Thank god for dbf, hes helping me by doing the laundry. I made an onion soup packet so im eating that for my Down day today. Im not really hungry but i needed to put something in my stomach so i can take an aleve. Kinda glad i didnt have much going on today - its flurrying here and im laying on the couch watching the snow fall
Yuck! Hope you feel better very soon Katie!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Get well quickly Katie.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
I hope you are feeling better Katie.
I used to put up the Christmas tree the day before Christmas but now like to set up an artificial tree early. It gets dark here so early by December that I find I really enjoy the lights. I do miss having a "real" tree so I might even put up a small one closer to Christmas this year as well.
Decided yesterday to sign up for an 50k Ultra road race which I need to start training for now so will probably not be checking in here as often for a few months, but I love that I can pop in here and see how everyone is doing when I get second! Not sure why I decided to make my life so crazy busy!:
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas holiday!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
The thing about putting up a tree late is that it seems like too much work for just a few days lol. If I don't have it up at least a week ahead, I don't bother. I do think it's nice if other people like to do it that way. I'm just too lazy!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
I'm feeling better today! Sinusitis is acting up again, but one day i'll have that figured out!

Today's forcast is rain. Rain rain rain. And tomorrow? More snow! At least I made it out of the house today and to work safely
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:29 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
A couple of weeks is plenty for me. A day or two before Christmas, then the 12 days and take it down on the 12th day. After avoiding the putting up and taking down by going away for Christmas for years, I’m not sure I could be bothered again though.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck on your training Babs! You'll be missed around here, so do pop in and let us know how you are. Enjoy your holidays!

I think the tradition of putting it up Christmas Eve is beautiful, and I love that some people do it that way. I'm with Cindy/LG though. I want mine up a full 4 weeks so that I can enjoy all my pretty things, the lights, and it just fosters my all-around holiday feeling for the whole season. Plus, all that work for just a week or so, and then to have to put it all away again. No thanks.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It’s been so long since we actually had any say in how we celebrate Christmas that I suspect when we do, we just won’t bother beyond a few cards and a nice dinner. Mostly I just do it to keep the peace, but occasionally I resent the stress and expense and having to spend so much time doing things I don’t enjoy.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
i totally agree with the christmas eve tree tradition. it sounds so lovely, and a delightful way to gear up for the big day... but i too love the look of the lights for the month before it takes so much work to decorate, i would hate to have to take it down so quickly after putting it up.

freezing rain here this AM. running on a two hour delay. more snow on the way tomorrow. we get it in drips and drabs these days....

my hubs (JD) is leaving for Germany on Saturday. he will be gone until the 21st. BOOOOO! i hate this

attempting another DD today, as i have to have an UD on saturday.

happy monday, juddd buddds!

Colleen- 42 years young

10/15/13 - 137 ---- Started JUDDD
12/3/13 - 128.0
01/02/14 - 125.9
my Goal 115
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When I say we have no choice, of course there is always a choice, and we choose to spend Christmas with my parents, because they enjoy it and we want to spend time with them and to give them pleasure. It’s just that they don’t celebrate it the way we would.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm just sitting here thinking of all the things I need to do around my house. It's mind-boggling lol. I have a long holiday coming up and really need to tackle some things...bf does NOT do handy work, nor does he like for me to plan projects like the ones that need to be done. I think I'm going to have to just do it and keep quiet about it, until I start. There's windows that haven't been cleaned in forever, garage piled up with junk, front columns that are peeling paint, back door that has a rotten frame...not to mention basic cleaning and piling up of junk in the house that needs cleaning out.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 12-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #162

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
I'm just sitting here thinking of all the things I need to do around my house. It's mind-boggling lol. I have a long holiday coming up and really need to tackle some things...bf does NOT do handy work, nor does he like for me to plan projects like the ones that need to be done. I think I'm going to have to just do it and keep quiet about it, until I start. There's windows that haven't been cleaned in forever, garage piled up with junk, front columns that are peeling paint, back door that has a rotten frame...not to mention basic cleaning and piling up of junk in the house that needs cleaning out.
I have a tiny house and spent pretty much ALL DAY on Saturday cleaning. It was THAT bad. I don't even want to think about the garage!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
ACK! I wish BF was more help to you with stuff like this, but I'm sure he has other very redeeming qualities.

I hate it when tasks like that build up. I always say I'll do a little at a time, but then I never do and have huge projects. Good luck with getting them planned and done. And remember, all that stuff is really good exercise!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
the one good thing about living further north... it's too cold to do anything like that this time of year
Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Haha, yes it is too cold for that up north, and I wish I had that excuse! To look at things, it doesn't seem that bad or not bad at all, but I know what hasn't been done and what really needs doing. I'll do some, if not everything...
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #166

Now look what you've done! I was all set to have an hour on here but now feel guilty and am off to put another load of washing in and sort through some other stuff.

Two homes is a privilege I know, but sometimes it is never ending 'things to do'.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

i hear you on the two homes thing. we have a lake house and while it is lovely.... it is a whole nother house to clean, maintain, etc......
Old 12-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #168

Back again, and feeling virtuous, lol.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Back again, and feeling virtuous, lol.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Now look what you've done! I was all set to have an hour on here but now feel guilty and am off to put another load of washing in and sort through some other stuff.

Two homes is a privilege I know, but sometimes it is never ending 'things to do'.
And all I've done is talk about it. Good for you!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

I just made a discovery that will help me cut my DD calories! I usually drink a nice big 14oz mug off coffee with 1 oz of HWC and three drops of liquid sucralose. It's 100 calories, and I've been willing to spend that every day, UD or DD, because I love the creamy goodness so much.

Today I decided I would try it with 1/2 oz (1 T) of HWC and four drops of LS. If I liked it, I could either save 50 calories, or have two mugs of coffee! Either way, score. Well, I like it! It's not the perfect cup like the other way, but it's close enough I think it will satisfy me. This will help me get through my DDs with two mugs to look forward to!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today was definately an UUAD.

Guess I'll have to stick with a fast 5 type approach. Whoops!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I just made a discovery that will help me cut my DD calories! I usually drink a nice big 14oz mug off coffee with 1 oz of HWC and three drops of liquid sucralose. It's 100 calories, and I've been willing to spend that every day, UD or DD, because I love the creamy goodness so much.

Today I decided I would try it with 1/2 oz (1 T) of HWC and four drops of LS. If I liked it, I could either save 50 calories, or have two mugs of coffee! Either way, score. Well, I like it! It's not the perfect cup like the other way, but it's close enough I think it will satisfy me. This will help me get through my DDs with two mugs to look forward to!
Good for you! a week of it this way and you won't even remember it the other
i love when a good calorie cut falls into my lap! thanks for sharing!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 211/200.2/165
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 11/12/13
Quote:
Today was definately an UUAD.
I've been trying to figure out what this means. "Up, Up and Away Day"?
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

You got it Frosty!

Sorry it got out of control Katie. Just visualize this as a shock to your metabolism and it will realize it can burn off more calories because you've fed it, and move on.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
The perfect mug of coffee

Carol,

Ditto on the coffee. That's the way I like it too. I feel I sacrifice on DD
with only 1 tb. per mug. But using nasty (wonderful tasting) creamer, the
ss French Vanilla is a way to cut back if you are not afraid it will kill you
Barbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

LCG, that is always good--finding a way to cut cals. I stopped using HWC altogether, and even light cream. I only use SF Italian cream anymore because the cals were adding up too fast. I do occasionally still buy HWC, but don't keep it as a staple anymore.

Katie, UUADs happen. Don't I know it! Only thing to do is move on...

I feel like I've lost my mojo, and can't seem to move on with weight loss. I stick to rotations for a week, then have a couple of UDs in a row, get back down to my low (if I'm lucky), then another 2-3 UDs in a row...can't seem to get in the spirit to just keep it steady losing. I feel like I'll never get anywhere near goal, and I won't like this.

Cindy, Kissa, I LOVE your new avi!! You look so beautiful and happy!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shantony
Stats: 243/226/150 (5' 2")
WOE: LCHF/Keto
Start Date: Jan 1, 2014
Is an UUAD a day where you ate over your UD calories?
Shantony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, just keep swimming...thats what i'm doing!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We're going to Disneyland on the 21st and Universal Studios on the 22nd (we may flip those) for the rugrat's 9th birthday! The 22nd is her actual birthday, and she likes spending it with Mickey. Fun! Enjoy your trip.
Keira and I share a birthday! I wish I was spending my birthday with Mickey.
Universal was fun, but its no Disneyland. It was bad - every time I saw some thing or someone did something that would never happen at DL, I was thinking tisk tisk, you'd never see THAT at Disneyland!!! But over all it was a fun trip despite the fact that we were in SoCal and FROZE!!!

Quote:

I feel like I've lost my mojo, and can't seem to move on with weight loss. I stick to rotations for a week, then have a couple of UDs in a row, get back down to my low (if I'm lucky), then another 2-3 UDs in a row...can't seem to get in the spirit to just keep it steady losing. I feel like I'll never get anywhere near goal, and I won't like this.
LG,
This is kinda how I felt this summer, and it was just too much. I took a break and I think it did me a world of good. Worked in DDs when I could, but would eat several days in a row. Basically what you're doing now - just maintenance. Its been a pleasure to come back to it after taking some time off. Something to think about...

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote