Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Pterostilbene (?sp) - seems to be working! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/817904-pterostilbene-sp-seems-working.html)

MintQ8 12-01-2013 04:15 AM

Pterostilbene (?sp) - seems to be working!

Hi All - just been back to look at the long thread on this -and I have to report it seems to be stopping my hunger!!! I liberated some of Kissa's stock and bought it back to Oman with me - along with a pharmacy of other stuff! I've been sick since I've been back home (just a boring old, very annoying cold!!) and have to admit to having 'eaten' my way through it. I also haven't really gotten into a routine of taking my tablets yet - but I think I have it sorted now!

Anyway - this morning the alarm went off - and then the power followed! Fortunately I was heading in to the office today - but it did mean that on a planned UD (I always like to re-start on an UD!!:)) I couldn't have my toast & tea for breakfast. No never mind, I grabbed a diet coke (don't judge:o), and some Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Triangles and off to work I went.

At around 1.30 I ate 2 triangles and realized I wasn't hungry!! So stopped. It's now 4.14 - so as all I've had are 2 triangles, I think we can safely call this a DD!!! Looking forward to some soup tonight!

I'm back!!!:jumpjoy: (again :o):rofl::rofl::rofl:

gotsomeold 12-01-2013 04:37 AM

Hey Vicky!

Welcome back! Looks like a sizable portion of the old crowd is rushing back to enjoy the pleasures of ADF.

Your Mom is nicer than I am....no way would you be allowed to liberate my pterostilbene. I consider it and bone broth my staff of life.

Jbinme 12-01-2013 04:57 AM

Hi Vicki:hiya:
I'm starting again today with a DD. I never tried the pterostilbene when I did JUDDD before. Sounds like I should look into it this time.

MintQ8 12-01-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16701563)
Hey Vicky!

Welcome back! Looks like a sizable portion of the old crowd is rushing back to enjoy the pleasures of ADF.

Your Mom is nicer than I am....no way would you be allowed to liberate my pterostilbene. I consider it and bone broth my staff of life.

Normally I don't think I would be allowed either, but a friend had just returned from the US with 7 year's supply!

Eating my soup - and I'm no even 1/4 of the way through - and I'm full!

Carly 12-01-2013 07:25 AM

Welcome back Vicky! I love my pterostilbene.

LoCarbGal 12-01-2013 08:36 AM

Vicky, you crack me up! It's great to have you back with us! I too love my ptero. It really does make quite a difference in my appetite, and my control in general.

MintQ8 12-01-2013 09:41 AM

9.40 pm - left at least 1/2 my soup - popped out for a coffee and I'm now at 263 calories!

Kissa 12-01-2013 11:00 AM

That Ptero does seem to make a big difference. But I think we need the 150 to really make a difference.

Glad it is doing the trick for you Vicky.

MintQ8 12-01-2013 01:38 PM

Is that a bigger amount than in the current tablets? Of course, I want my appetite tomorrow ...

Kissa 12-01-2013 03:16 PM

No, that is just what you have. :)

leonak 12-01-2013 03:40 PM

You truly have such a "Good Mom"!:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Glad to see you back, I've been here but have not counted calories and so :dunno::stars::dunno: A bit up in the #'s! :cry:

Librarygirl 12-01-2013 04:42 PM

Mine are 50 mg, and don't make much difference in my hunger. It says take two--one in the morning and one in the evening. I wonder if it would hurt to take two at once?

shirlc 12-01-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16702322)
Mine are 50 mg, and don't make much difference in my hunger. It says take two--one in the morning and one in the evening. I wonder if it would hurt to take two at once?

Can't imagine taking two at once would be a problem...I take my 150 mg. one in the morning. I think it's really helping me. My hunger level is way down from what it used to be!

Yennie 12-01-2013 07:12 PM

I hadn't used this last time around because I am miserable at remembering to take pills. But perhaps I will see if I can find some and give it a go for the month of December. Any additional support can't hurt during gorge fest month, right?

Librarygirl 12-01-2013 07:14 PM

It's also got several other herbs, including ginkgo biloba (75 mg) (blueberry fruit extract, and ashwagandha). I think I might try to take two tomorrow.

MintQ8 12-01-2013 08:28 PM

All I know so far is, it seems to be working on me! Hi to everyone!

I'm rubbish at remembering to take pils to - but I getting better - it helps me to have them all prepared and in the right place! Is my morning and night ones are by my bed! My meal one's are in the kitchen!

Good luck!

Librarygirl 12-02-2013 06:08 AM

I forgot to take it! Plus, I didn't bring them with me, so it will be sheer willpower today. ;)

MintQ8 12-02-2013 06:13 AM

It's ruining my UD!!! Not a bad thing!

adillenal 12-02-2013 06:17 AM

I take my 150 mg at home and I carry a bottle of the 50 mg in my purse just in case I forget. If I remember to take them on my UD's too, I have better results at staying at or below my calories rather than having an UUAD.

shirlc 12-02-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16702800)
If I remember to take them on my UD's too, I have better results at staying at or below my calories rather than having an UUAD.

:goodpost: Not to mention just taking them every day for all the health benefits besides being an appetite depressant!

MintQ8 12-02-2013 06:44 AM

Haven't checked the other health benefits, off I go ...

Babsbabs 12-02-2013 10:15 AM

That is great that you find the Pterostilbene helps! I think I also feel more energetic when I am taking it. This is the only supplement I remember to take regularly and I think it helps me to take my other vitamins more often. :)

Goner 12-02-2013 10:51 AM

I have been forgetful lately with my ptero - had been taking it faithfully for 6 months - now forgetting on and off for a month, I see how much it DOES HELP... now to remember to take it again.

gotsomeold 12-02-2013 11:02 AM

Ptero does help suppress my hunger.

BUT, when I take it the danged marionette lines running from my mouth to chin almost go away. And, when I forget to take it for a few days, those lines become much more pronounced. At my age, this is major motivation!

Jbinme 12-02-2013 12:12 PM

Is it only available online or can I find it at a store?

Kissa 12-02-2013 01:51 PM

I think in the States it can be bought in store. Not here in the UK.

I got a friend in the States to order it at an amazing price from an on line supplier then brought it to the UK for me.

KeirasMom 12-02-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbinme (Post 16703286)
Is it only available online or can I find it at a store?

Any health food type store will have it. I've found it at The Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, Walmart (vitamin area), and a few other places. I'm pretty sure they're carrying it at Netrition too.

Jbinme 12-02-2013 03:30 PM

Thanks! I'll be looking for it.

Joyjoy 12-02-2013 04:09 PM

Hey Barb, if yours is shipped from the US, do you get whacked by customs when it crosses the border?:)

Babsbabs 12-02-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyjoy (Post 16703601)
Hey Barb, if yours is shipped from the US, do you get whacked by customs when it crosses the border?:)

Yes, as always. I ordered today from the online place Cindy got hers from and I used a mail forwarding service to get it to Canada. Lots of extra charges but I ordered a lot of it so hopefully it works out to not be too expensive. They had a three for one deal today so that made me feel better about it.