Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I am thankful, REALLY thankful... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/817818-i-am-thankful-really-thankful.html)

Flutter 11-28-2013 07:24 PM

I am thankful, REALLY thankful...

that tomorrow is a DD! Thank goodness!!!

Bluck.

Barf.

That is all... <gobble> <gobble> Hope everyone had a great holiday!! :heart:

sharkini 11-28-2013 08:05 PM

I agree!!! I'm so unbelievably uncomfortable right now.. welcoming tomorrow's DD with open arms.

:) I'll be sure to make wiser choices at Christmas time.

Carly 11-28-2013 08:21 PM

I'm really grateful that I didn't stuff myself. I took a tiny taste of almost everything and had 1/3 of my slice of red velvet cake. The food was delish, but I ate just enough. JUDDD has helped a lot with that. I also hate that over stuffed feeling.

Low Carb Librarian 11-28-2013 09:28 PM

I feel super stuffed, but I really didn't eat THAT much. Maybe JUDDD has shrunk my stomach a bit.
: D

Everything was very tasty and my boys (4&6) had a good time... What else can you ask for...

LiLi914 11-28-2013 10:01 PM

I agree with everyone. I'm grateful for a DD because it kept me from taking too much food home with me. I think JUDDD has definitely carved my appetite. This was the first time in years that I did not feel overstuffed and uncomfortable after eating dinner.

Kismet311 11-29-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 16699937)
I feel super stuffed, but I really didn't eat THAT much. Maybe JUDDD has shrunk my stomach a bit.
: D

Everything was very tasty and my boys (4&6) had a good time... What else can you ask for...

Yes, I think my stomach shrunk too. My family was wondering why I didn't eat as much as them. They ate a LOT (buffet at a restaurant) so I think they had trouble walking out to the car LOL I also drank a lot of water in between bites so that helped too.

windygap 11-29-2013 05:32 AM

I ate but am so thankful for DD today. I sure do need that DD feeling after yesterday!

shirlc 11-29-2013 06:42 AM

I am so grateful for the DD...felt just miserable last night. Envy those of you that seem to be doing so much better than me...I just eat way too many carbs after I start and it always does me in!

LGG 11-29-2013 08:32 AM

I am so glad it's a DD today, but we had Thanksgiving here at our house, and though I gave away left overs, we still have plenty here - all carby and delicious. Sigh. UD tomorrow, UD tomorrow, UD tomorrow...

mykidsteacher 11-29-2013 08:42 AM

I didn't stuff myself either. We had lunch, then dessert, and I ate half a piece of pie (vegan grain free due to allergies). Later we had leftovers for supper, and I ate the second half of my pie.

But I'm still happy for a dd today. Plan to have lots of lemon water, because in addition to turkey, we had ham, and it was really salty.

Librarygirl 11-29-2013 09:54 AM

I didn't eat much, and am still eating another UD today lol. I doubt I'll go back to rotations before next week.

Flutter 11-29-2013 02:11 PM

It's not that I necessarily OVERATE yesterday. I don't think I did, especially since I didn't eat a meal until dinner, then just had tiny slices of dessert. (I had to try 3!) It's just a lot when you're coming from a liquids only fast day, kwim? Barf city!!!

Today's been an excellent DD. Have done some fun shopping (by myself!!) and am hoping to sneak DH out for a bit more tonight. I am sipping on a skinny peppermint mocha, though. :heart:

Hope everyone's having a great day!!

Yennie 11-29-2013 02:28 PM

Ug, me too! I only ate the one meal yesterday and didn't go overboard but I am STUFFED! Even today, still only on liquid because my poor tummy is on overload.
JUDDD has definitely redefined how I look at holiday meals! Among other things!

LGG 11-29-2013 03:02 PM

Yeah - like you guys, I didn't really go overboard. I wrote down what I ate, but didn't add up the calories until just now: a lot lower than I thought it was going to be (still over my UD limit!), but that's because I didn't eat much before the big dinner, and then I ate my usual whole UD amount in one meal - barf city is right! I usually spread it out over the day. Anyway - so far, I'm having a great DD!!

My family has been eating the leftovers today, and I really don't even want them. That's the coolest thing about JUDDD - I don't feel deprived, so I don't even want the leftovers. Amazing. :D

Macci 11-29-2013 03:12 PM

Flutter, I am thankful for you and your always encouraging and supportive words for everyone around here. Thank you for being so awesome!

leonak 11-29-2013 06:23 PM

skinny peppermint mocha

Tell me more, where can i buy this! Calories count?

Carly 11-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 16700515)
skinny peppermint mocha

Starbucks, not sure about calories, but I can't do it. I wait till my UD and have a real latte.

Flutter 11-29-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macci (Post 16700406)
Flutter, I am thankful for you and your always encouraging and supportive words for everyone around here. Thank you for being so awesome!

awwww, you're so sweet! Thanks girl!!! I just try to pay back what my other JBs have so graciously given me around here. I love my buddds! :heart: XO

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonak (Post 16700515)
skinny peppermint mocha

Yep, starbucks, a venti size is 170 calories. I have NEVER had a regular loaded latte, though, so TO ME, the skinny versions feel decadent. Others (ahem, LG, and apparently Miss Carly, too!) tell me they are not as impressed. (blasphemy, if you ask me!) :laugh:

Yennie 11-29-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16700535)
Yep, starbucks, a venti size is 170 calories. I have NEVER had a regular loaded latte, though, so TO ME, the skinny versions feel decadent. Others (ahem, LG, and apparently Miss Carly, too!) tell me they are not as impressed. (blasphemy, if you ask me!) :laugh:

I usually do the skinny SF vanilla latte. Around 100 cals for a tall. Might have to try the skinny peppermint mocha BUT I absolutely ADORE the real deal so I'm not sure it would be a good idea. We're coming into the holiday season (which is, to me, peppermint mocha with whipped cream season) and so I'm trying, trying, trying hard to resist. Even on UDs.

Some things I just don't let myself have anymore.

Flutter 11-30-2013 05:55 AM

Yep! I do the skinny vanilla latte once skinny peppermint mocha season is over. I'm sure it would be difficult if you are used to the sugary, whipped creamy goodness of a regular. Good thing I'm not! hehe

Carly 11-30-2013 06:05 AM

I love the SF cinnamon dulce, but with full fat milk or half and half. I can't handle skim milk.

I never get whipped cream. I still forget that I'm not a diabetic anymore and rarely get anything with added sugar.

The pumpkin spice latte (no whip) was really good. I had a few this year... on UDs.

Flutter 11-30-2013 06:07 AM

See, I don't know any different...only buy skim milk. ;)

I am sure there are millions of crazy yummy starbucks drinks out there that I know nothing about. My oldest son gets them & always wants me to try his. Ah no thanks...then I will feel like my DD "splurges" are deprivations and that is a road I do NOT care to go down.

Carly 11-30-2013 06:10 AM

You are being wise I'm sure.

Librarygirl 11-30-2013 06:41 AM

I don't really like the sugary coffees anymore either, but I do not like FF milk. I can drink it by itself, but it does absolutely nothing for coffee--for me. I think black coffee tastes better lol. I like half & half w/SF vanilla, if I'm going to have a coffee out. McDonald's is 120 calories for a large WITH H&H. ;)

Yennie 11-30-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16700784)
I don't really like the sugary coffees anymore either, but I do not like FF milk. I can drink it by itself, but it does absolutely nothing for coffee--for me. I think black coffee tastes better lol. I like half & half w/SF vanilla, if I'm going to have a coffee out. McDonald's is 120 calories for a large WITH H&H. ;)

Thats me too. I do the H&H or HWC and some SF vanilla. I like them in the summer - iced coffee (or iced Americano if wherever doesn't have iced coffee). Winter I'll do drip Starbucks (pike roast) with the HWC and SF Vanilla. I don't mind a skinny SF vanilla latte but, honestly, I don't like it any more than the drip and its got about 90 fewer calories. That's, like, 2 Frangos! Since we're talking holiday treats and all ;)

Returning to the original topic of the thread...yesterday was a DD. Soup, liquids and 2 scrambled eggs. I am still FULL this morning. But down another 0.9 pounds from last weigh in so I'm guessing the large meal was what I needed to kick it back into gear.

Loving life, loving JUDDD. Remind me why I went on a break again???

Kissa 11-30-2013 10:12 AM

No idea, Jen! Except to make us appreciate you more on your return, lol.