Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Thursday - gobble gobble edition! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/817805-ud-thursday-gobble-gobble-edition.html)

sorenkkg 11-28-2013 10:50 AM

UD Thursday - gobble gobble edition!

:hugs: Happy THanksgiving to all our American friends! :hugs:

I know that's why the board is so slow today... but I need to continue my mojo roll post-vacation, so I'm going to post my menu today :)

Very weird-- felt huge pains in my stomach last night, felt very EMPTY... so weird.

I *had* to eat something at 5am, so I had some rice crackers and water. Seems to have settled it down.

B: last of the leftover Chinese food :rolleyes: this could be the source of the issue, in that there is a ton of veggies in these dishes. Anyway, it's all gone

water, vitamins

S: 2 mini boxes of cereal with almond milk

L: 2 slices bread, 1 can tuna, mayo, some black olives, and 4 slices of jarlsburg cheese. TUNA MELT!
:jumpjoy:

D: planning on roasting celeriac, and steaks. :)

Carly 11-28-2013 10:58 AM

Well it's an UD, but so far just coffee with SF creamer. I'm trying to hold off till dinner at 6:30pm since tons of food will be involved. I'll be with a lot of big eaters and will need to try to keep up somewhat.

I know the meats are turkey, ham and salmon. I don't eat ham, but will have the other 2. There will be loads of sides and dessert.

I'll have no clue about calories except for it will be a lot!!!!!

LiLi914 11-28-2013 11:10 AM

I woke up hungry today. Finally!

B: Raisin oatmeal

I've been fasting since. I'm not all that hungry and I'm still way more congested than I'd liked to be. Dinner is supposed to be at 6. I won't be counting, but I don't intend to binge eat either so for now I'm just looking forward to some smoked turkey.

Flutter 11-28-2013 12:19 PM

Gobble! Gobble! Happy turkey day peeps!!! :heart:

I was supposed to fast til dinner, but I should have just had a small meal because I have had a handful of mixed nuts, a few bites of left over rotisserie chicken AND THOSE STUPID BLASTED PEPPERMINT M&Ms THAT STALK ME!!!!!!!!!

Nothing else til dinner, though. I have made so much stuff, it's ridiculous. The plan is to have uber small portions of each thing I really love and leave the rest alone. I really hate feeling stuffed now, but it could get ugly all added up. Oh well, it's only one day! ENJOY EVERYONE!!!

Kismet311 11-28-2013 12:32 PM

Going out to the restaurant in about 2 hours. Can't wait! Anyone else going out instead of cooking? I really LOVE to cook but I cook pretty much every day as it is so it's nice to be treated once in a while. I will probably be cooking for Christmas dinner though.
Hopefully I will not doze off after I get home and will be able to write what I had!

LoCarbGal 11-28-2013 01:35 PM

I haven't gone nuts, but certainly have enjoyed my food so far today. Dinner will be....well....a lot. But not gorging.

B: Bagel and cream cheese, coffee/hwc
L: Nice green salad with greek dressing and olives, a few lemon snap cookies

Have a wonderful day!

MaryEllenC 11-28-2013 03:38 PM

Had a good and filling day so far.

B: coffee w/half & half, chocolate-filled croissant
S: protein shake made with unsweetened chocolate almond milk, peanut butter protein powder and a slice of frozen banana
L: turkey breast, 1/2c. Stuffing, 1c. mashed sweet potato/butternut squash casserole, green beans, and a spoonful of mashed potatoes
Later this evening: sf pumpkin pie and protein hot cocoa
Maybe some peanut butter before bed if I have any calories left to use

Mary Ellen

Low Carb Librarian 11-28-2013 04:39 PM

Mocha and 1/2 pumpkin bagel with cream cheese

I am making:
Turkey
Sweet potato casserole
Green beans
Rolls
Cranberry sauce
Olives
Pickles
Stuffing
Gravy
Pumpkin pie

And I will be eating it all!

Eieio 11-28-2013 05:58 PM

I ATE EVERYTHING! Burpppp
:)
Gave most the left overs away.
So I'm good for Tmw to be dd.

sharkini 11-28-2013 09:12 PM

Although I really didn't eat gads of food I had sugar and flour, big mistake after going months without eating it. Very uncomfortable.. but enjoyed the day with family. DD is soon to be here!

Barbo 11-28-2013 10:53 PM

Great Day

Coffee with creamer 1 mug

4 oz. turkey, mashed taters and sweet taters with a cinnamon butter over top,
fresh green beans 1/3 c. stuffing, 1/4 c gravy, tbs. cranberry sauce.
Pumpkin pie but not the crust, whipped cream. Hot roll and butter.

Slimming-up 11-29-2013 07:32 AM

I drank my usual coffee in the morning.
Then I did my usual turkey day cooking along with my daughters. Didn't eat till we sat down at 2pm.
I ate one plate and I was stuffed. The rest of the day I only ate a little more, but the way I felt I thought it was an UUAD... But then I rough counted everything I'd eaten and realized it wasn't bad for an UD!

coffee with H&H
3 oz turkey (I'm not a big fan)
1/3 c whole berry homemade cranberry sauce
1 cup cornbread dressing
1/2 c whipped sweet potatoes
1/2 c green bean casserole
1/2 c yellow squash casserole
4oz sparkling cider

later day nibblings:
1 c cornbread dressing
4 oz hot apple cider
1/4 subway cookie