Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimindisguise
Stats: CW175/GW155
WOE: LCish JUDD
Start Date: November 13
Need some pointers

Ok JUDDD friends,

I have been at it for a week and one day and have seen the scale go up and down but have not gotten below my start weight. Had expected the up down and the down some more routine I see in many of your weigh in logs so I am beginning to wonder if I chose the wrong % on the JUDD calculator. Or am doing something else wrong. My calories say at 20% restriction I should be having 1853/371. I am getting my water in. I had intended to do low carb as well and have not since starting...I am afraid that I will have to do LC JUDDD to see results....

Thanks
Slimindisguise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Your calories look right to me, Slim. We're very very close in weight and those are just about where mine are. You're younger than me and I don't know your height which could affect it too.

I forget, did you come from strict LC? If so, adding back in those carbs can cause this to happen. If that's the case, I'd say you're doing great and can just keep on doing it and wait for the magic to start, which it will.

Really, a week is not enough to make a decision on this. I know, I know! I'm totally impatient for losses too! But it does sometimes take a bit more time.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
20% is generally optimal. Did you choose the sedentary option, or one with exercise?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Sometimes, it can just take a couple weeks for wl to kick in. It worked like that for me when I first started. Guess I had to get some good sirtuins built up, and deal with some inflammation before my body was willing to release the weight.

Just keep doing what you are doing, and give it a little more time. Also make sure you aren't missing calories by 'guessing' on weights/measures/serving sizes.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Yes, I was doing a pretty low carb diet. Some carbs from cheese and sour cream and veggies like Green Beans. My height is 5'7 and I know a week is a bit soon but I guess I got my hopes up after seeing some of the results others were having. I will ride it out and probably cut back on the carbs. My goal is 20 lbs but honestly if I was 10 pounds lighter and maintain with this much ease I might be happy but I have seen many say they were shocked by how they have lost below their goal weight with ease.

I did chose Low activity. I work on my feet about 3 hours a day and then the usual housework, cooking dinner doing laundry etc but lately getting a structured work out in has been rare....miss my Zumba and have been thinking about getting hula hoop....
Old 11-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
If you want to keep the carbs in your WOE, I wouldn't take them back out now. You've already refilled your glycogen stores, which has resulted in gained water weight. So technically, if you've managed to maintain, I'm willing to bet you've lost some fat. It's just being masked by the extra water.

When I started JUDDD, I took a weekend off between Atkins and JUDDD and gained 3 pounds, just refilling those pesky glycogen stores. I considered that my JUDDD start weight, so I didn't have to worry about it, but I would have either gained a small amount or maintained my first week if I hadn't separated that way.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimindisguise View Post
I did chose Low activity. I work on my feet about 3 hours a day and then the usual housework, cooking dinner doing laundry etc but lately getting a structured work out in has been rare....miss my Zumba and have been thinking about getting hula hoop....
I would go back and recalculate using no activity - or whatever he calls the lowest activity level. In general I think we tend to overestimate the amount of calories we burn during our activity, even planned exercise, and we sabotage ourselves by thinking "Oh, I ran/walked/worked/<insert activity here> today therefore I can eat extra."

This is the example I always use. Running 2 miles burns approximately 200 calories. A single slice of Little Caesars Pepperoni pizza is 280 calories. So if I thought to myself, "I ran 2 miles today, therefore its okay to eat an extra slice of pizza" I am now 80 calories over where I'd been if I just sat on my rear and did nothing!!!

Take the exercise out of the calculator, use your new numbers, give it more time and I promise, the JUDDD magic will kick in!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It really can't not work, if you follow the plan. One week won't tell the tale, but if in 3 weeks-month, you still haven't seen any loss, then I would re-evaluate. Like the others have said, you may be gaining some water weight from carbs, and it doesn't mean that you have gained or not lost, but it might take a few more days or another week to see it. I have had frequent bouts of despair that I would not be able to lose, because I wasn't losing quickly, but I stuck it out and am 36 lbs lighter. Sure, you can switch to a faster weight-loss plan, but why would you when you can eat like this for the rest of your life and not have to suffer?

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-26-2013 at 05:24 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I agree with what everyone has said and particularly with calculating your calories with the 'little/no exercise" option. I have never added in exercise calories. I didn't add them in WLM and I don't add them in maintenance. If I exercise, which I like doing, I do it because it is good for my body, my heart, my endurance. I don't count on it for burning a tremendous amount of calories.

If you added carbs that is likely the bounce you are seeing so stick with it and losses should be in your future!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I would go back and recalculate using no activity - or whatever he calls the lowest activity level. In general I think we tend to overestimate the amount of calories we burn during our activity, even planned exercise, and we sabotage ourselves by thinking "Oh, I ran/walked/worked/<insert activity here> today therefore I can eat extra."
On the tracker site I use, I set my age at 99 years and for activity level I select "sleep" (beyond sedentary) for 24 hours a day. It's the only setting which even approximates my metabolism. Even when I am working out and walking every day. Which means that I have the metabolism of a 99 year old woman on permanent bed rest. Sheesh!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty_el
WOE: JUDDD - EOD/STILLMANS :)
Start Date: June 2013
I came to JUDDD this time after doing strict Stillmans - very low carb/low fat - my weight didn't change the first week, I maintained but definitely lost some fat because my jeans feel looser just hang in there you will start losing soon
kitty_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Sheesh indeed Nikki.
I'm necessarily a couch potato. I'd have to put 500 years old and comatose!

It's early days yet Slimindisguise. The scale is the last thing to catch up on what's happening in our bodies. Just stick to your numbers and all should be well.

The pants don't lie Kitty!
(But the scale does!!! )

Last edited by Flossyliz; 11-29-2013 at 07:54 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Well I am sure you are all right. My UP day Thanksgiving went well. I cannot tell you how many calories I had yesterday, I was not terribly worried about trying to calculate every recipe but for breakfast I tasted the pumpkin bars I had made and had a nibble from my daughters cinnamon roll and then at a modest Holiday plate of the usual stuffing, sweet potatoes,, cranberry sauce, roll etc. No seconds but I did enjoy a small slice of coconut cream pie and can I tell you I was STUFFED discomfort until and did not eat again unitil 11pm when I started getting the shakes while black friday shopping. Had I not felt weird I would not have eaten because I was not hungry at all. And the Scale made me happy with no gain. Normally a holiday always shows up on my scale the next day. I have a feeling I will hit a new low after todays DD. YIPPEE
Old 11-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
No gain - that's a great post-thanksgiving success. Well done!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:05 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Awesome news!!! Just keep up your rotations, stick to your numbers & ignore the stupid scale. It HAS to come around eventually! Did you take measurements before you started? That always helps when the evil scale won't cooperate.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote