Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
How are you handling this Week/weekend?

I've really lucked out, since my UD is on Thursday, but that's not the case for everyone. Even know Thanksgiving is an up day, I'll be attending two other dinners on Wednesday and Friday - I figured I would pick at my food, and try to make conversation in lieu of worrying so much about eating those day.

How will you be handling this upcoming holiday with your rotations?
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I've been really struggling with this. Thursday is an UD, and Friday is my birthday, so that's going to be an UD too. No problem. The problem comes in when I realized that I need the next Friday to be an UD because of a friend's party. So I am still debating whether to go ahead and have 3 UDs (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and then my rotation will be where I need it for next Friday.

I don't like MDs, but I may have to resort to one. I've never done 2 DDs in a row, and I don't think with all the Thanksgiving leftovers around that I'm likely to be able to handle that unless I check into a motel alone and stay locked in there all day! I guess I'll just play it by ear.

Most likely, it'll be 3 UDs in a row. Luckily I've decided to no-weigh December starting at Thanksgiving, so any damage done won't be seen by me on the scale!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
I plan to enjoy it all, and not worry about counting calories! Can't do that every time there's a special occasion, but I will for this one.

JUDDD is forgiving, and I plan to get back to rotations, as well as begin exercising on Monday. It'll be fine!
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I've been really struggling with this. Thursday is an UD, and Friday is my birthday, so that's going to be an UD too. No problem. The problem comes in when I realized that I need the next Friday to be an UD because of a friend's party. So I am still debating whether to go ahead and have 3 UDs (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and then my rotation will be where I need it for next Friday.

I don't like MDs, but I may have to resort to one. I've never done 2 DDs in a row, and I don't think with all the Thanksgiving leftovers around that I'm likely to be able to handle that unless I check into a motel alone and stay locked in there all day! I guess I'll just play it by ear.

Most likely, it'll be 3 UDs in a row. Luckily I've decided to no-weigh December starting at Thanksgiving, so any damage done won't be seen by me on the scale!
I don't like medium days either, I think they do more damage than two up days, or at least the same amount - for me anyways. I didn't get any benefit from trying two DDs either. I say just enjoy your days, and with no weigh December, you won't have to worry about the water weight tipping the scale, which was my mistake after this past weekend of a birthday, friends thanksgiving pot luck, and anniversary. I shouldn't have weighed, but I know it's all water
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
thursday and friday will be UD. i am hoping they aren't UUAAD's tho. the plan is to be very very good on saturday to get me back into the swing of things. i would like to just let it go for the entire weekend, but i know i will be kicking myself on monday so i am going to get back with rotations as soon as i possibly can and make myself stick. this time of year is tough.... is it january 2nd yet??
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
This is my first holiday on JUDD and it is scheduled to be an UD. We'll probably be hit hard with the snow storm and are doing a small T-Day dinner at home (only 3 of us) so I'm not going overboard on making a large amount of anything. Only doing a turkey breast instead of a whole bird and will do some mashed potatoes & gravy for DH, mashed sweet potatoes for me & MIL, veggies, and very small pan of dressing (love that stuff so don't make too much of it or I'll eat it all). Dessert will be SF pumpkin pie.

I've been in the mood to do some holiday baking but keep telling myself I don't need it so hopefully that will last. I love to bake but am way too tempted to taste & nibble along the way.

Plan to get right back into my DD on Friday and stick with rotations throughout the weekend.

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Wednesday is a Down Day for me. That's when I do most of my pie cooking, so I plan on consuming my calories by sipping eggnog.

Thursday and Friday will both be eat-whatever-I-want Up Days.

Saturday will be a fasting Down Day, and I think I will be ready for it by then.

I plan on doing the same thing for Christmas (Christmas Eve is a big deal in our family, so it is another two-day celebration) so I need to switch my rotation sometime in mid-December to have it work out. I'm thinking I will try a Down Day followed by a smoothie Medium Day.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I'm going to got with the flow.
Thursday is thanksgiving, only 6 of us to eat lunch.
But before the day is over, 15 people visitors.
Friday no company so it is a dd.
Planning on freezing the left over dressing Thurday evening in small serving sizes for my UD's! That's my plan
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I had it all planned out with Thursday and Saturday UDs. We do Thanksgiving on Saturday with MIL. However, DH is dropping Keira off at MIL's tomorrow and wants to have date night since nothing will be open on Thursday. Today's supposed to be an UD, but I think I'll just do a controlled lower calorie day, then have an UD or UUAD tomorrow. Thursday and Friday will then need to be middish days because Saturday will be another UUAD.

I'm a little nervous because I have been under 150 so far this month every day. I really don't want to see 150 again, but I suspect I might. At least with JUDDD, I know a few good rotations will bring me back to or close to my low without too much drama.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I plan for Thursday to be a free day. It might not climb much higher than my usual UDs, but I'm probably not going to count. I'll need for 12/3 and 12/5 to be UDs, so some shifting will occur again after T-day.

I think that will also make Xmas fall on a DD, so shifting will occur once again lol. To be honest, I'm just going to try and do as many DDs as I can over the holidays and not stress too hard about it. Like someone wise said, it's not what we eat between now and New Year's that going to make the difference, but what we eat between New Year's and next Xmas.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Thursday is a DD, so I've been planning to to MD tomorrow and then UD Thursday.
But hearing everyone say how a MD is not good makes me second guess my plan...
What's bad about a MD?
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #12

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
Thursday is a DD, so I've been planning to to MD tomorrow and then UD Thursday.
But hearing everyone say how a MD is not good makes me second guess my plan...
What's bad about a MD?
Some people feel too deprived having a MD after a DD, and end up eating UD calories anyway. I don't have a problem with MDs, but YMMV. Too many MDs = low calorie diet and not JUDDD, so that's an issue too.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I'm on a DD today, plan to do a MD day tomorrow, and have Thursday be an UD. I shouldn't have a problem with a MD since I tend to undereat anyway if I don't track. Not planning on bringing any food back home with us, so I should be able to get right back into rotations on Friday.

That's the plan anyway!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #14

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I plan for Thursday to be a free day. It might not climb much higher than my usual UDs, but I'm probably not going to count. I'll need for 12/3 and 12/5 to be UDs, so some shifting will occur again after T-day.

I think that will also make Xmas fall on a DD, so shifting will occur once again lol. To be honest, I'm just going to try and do as many DDs as I can over the holidays and not stress too hard about it. Like someone wise said, it's not what we eat between now and New Year's that going to make the difference, but what we eat between New Year's and next Xmas.
Yes, I agree Cindy. I can feel myself beginning to stress a little by the holiday requiring 2 UDs in a row, but have calmed myself about it. And you reminded me to clarify myself. When I said Thursday and Friday/birthday will be UDs, I mean Free Days - no counting allowed!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Ok, well MD will work fine for me then. I won't find myself hunting for calories to eat at the end of the day when I'm really not hungry anymore!
The key for me will be to eat a little in the morning after a DD, and then wait till late afternoon to finish my 1100 or so calories.
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
My plan is to eat only what I really want, and in moderation. For example, I don't care for the way my step mom fixes mashed potatoes. Therefore I will skip the mashed potatoes at Tgiving dinner. Instead of taking some because they're there.
Tomorrow the monkey is spending the night with Grampa so we're having date night. We'll be going out to dinner and, since tomorrow is supposed to be a DD, I cut myself off after a big, UD lunch today. I will have a light snack tonight (if needed) and then fast until dinner tomorrow. We're going Tgiving lunch, so I'll eat there and then maybe leftovers and a solid DD on Friday. Its a bit IF, some of PirateJenny's MUDDD worked in there as well. Just really gonna make sure I don't go overboard for anything that I really don't care for - if I'm gonna eat it, it will be because it is DELICIOUS!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(210)/size 14(175)/size 12
WOE: LC -- again
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013/restart again Oct 2014
I had a DD yesterday, coffee and a yogurt so far today, cooking this afternoon and I'm not a 'nibbler' while I cook, so I should be OK to have a good UD tomorrow!! We have one son and DIL coming tomorrow for T-day dinner, and another son and DIL on Sunday for leftovers. Bottom line to the next few days? Kinda messed-up, but as long as I get back on plan on Monday, I'll be fine.
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I've not had the greatest week. I did a DD on Mon., and planned on having another DD today, but things changed around 4 pm. At least I fasted till then lol. I've only had one meal, but also had some sweets and will have some snacks too later. Tomorrow will be another UD...not going to sweat it, and will get back to rotations when I can.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
UP day for me

Here's my plan:

No breakfast just coffee with creamer.

Early Thanksgiving dinner out:
The menu there is
Turkey, mashed taters and gravy, green beans
sweet potato, cranberry sauce, roll w, butter,
beverage and pumpkin pie with whipped cream.
It's a one serving meal and I plan on eating it and
that will be my day.

Evening will be tea and creamer.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote