Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Up Day Tuesday-Heading into the Big One (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/817706-up-day-tuesday-heading-into-big-one.html)

Sirtain 11-26-2013 04:28 AM

Up Day Tuesday-Heading into the Big One

I'm planning a normal kind of Up Day. A light breakfast(herring), a sashimi lunch, and then small snacks while I am on the road driving. I thought about trying to scale down a bit before Thanksgiving, but not for very long. A regular Down Day before and after will be good enough for me. We're SUPPOSED to go up after Thanksgiving, right?!

I am looking forward to my Down Day tomorrow for a different reason than usual: my calories will come from eggnog, for the first time in the season. I LOVE eggnog!

KeirasMom 11-26-2013 05:22 AM

My schedule's all thrown out the window. DH has planned our date night for tomorrow night since nothing will be open on Thursday (no kiddo!), so today will be a semi-controlled UD, then tomorrow will be an UUAD. Thursday and Friday will have to be middish days. Saturday is our Thanksgiving dinner at MIL's, so that will be an UD.

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee (355)
L: Banh Mi with Sriracha (320)
D: Rotisserie chicken and a veggie, maybe a cocktail

I'm shooting for 1200 or so?

ladybarometer 11-26-2013 05:42 AM

Today will be easy I think - I'm not hungry at all after yesterday of only yogurt and pudding.

B: Bagel w/ cream cheese
S:Banana
L: Small portion of leftover pasta
S: Yogurt
D: I think I'll do chicken, broccoli, and rice.

Sorry for last week and being absent. I was eating low calorie and walking though, and now I'm back to regular rotations after a weekend of delicious maddness!

Tomorrow will be tougher - dinner at my parents house, since my sister is in town - but I'll fast all day, then enjoy dinner with them, and that should keep my low as long as I stay away from the pie.

Thanksgiving is an up day :jumpjoy:
But Friday isn't, and that's another dinner with my BF's family - again, I'll fast all day, and stay with any green veggies and turkey.

LoCarbGal 11-26-2013 06:23 AM

I love eggnog too Sirtain! It's so interesting to hear everyone's plans for the holiday.

B: Diet Dr Pepper - I'm on the run!
L: Coffee/HWC
D: Vodka gimlet, Salsa Verde Pork
D: PB and apple

Target: 1900-2000

MaryEllenC 11-26-2013 06:41 AM

Ooh eggnog....dangerous for me as I could drink my body weight in that wonderful creaminess!!

We're supposed to get icy rain/snow later so I'm working from home today. Days like this mean I can actually take time to cook a little bit.

B: coffee w/h&h, mushroom/ham/onion/cheese omelet
S: small banana
L: pulled BBQ pork, cheese grits, broccoli
D: probably leftover beef & root vegetable stew
S: protein hot cocoa

target calories : 1900

Have a good one!

Mary Ellen

Sirtain 11-26-2013 07:01 AM

Trying to imagine what my bodyweight in egnog would look like. :) I'm up for the challenge!

Eieio 11-26-2013 08:23 AM

I'd been looking forward to the left over sweet potato, eating it on UD!

It was very good, but ate early caz of it:(
I'm headed to town for hair cute and last grocery shopping for Thursday.
Knew I need to eat before leaving the house.
Had left over veggie mix as well, slice of homemade bread too. Not left over, just made it this morning:)
Now I feel I should walk to town.
The bread mix calls for only liquid, beer:)
Baked it in a loaf pan, in the oven
So I had beer for breakfast, weird... belch.
Very good bread. I must by more mix.
:)

sorenkkg 11-26-2013 09:20 AM

Hi gang :hiya:

I'm back from the happiest place on earth! Wrapped in magic and sprinkled in pixie dust :D

I've not weighed yet, and had sort of a medium-day yesterday, trying to get back into the full swing of things.

While we were there, we ate about 2 meals per day, and some snacks. Some days we walked well over 10000 steps (DH has a pedometer on his smartphone that is always working)... that only comes to about 400 calories, but, wow, the walking!

So, to get back in the swing of posting:

B: lots of oatmeal squares cereal (like, 4x the serving) and almond milk.
4 slices of salami

L: not sure

D: very not sure.

yikes. Failing to plan here... :confused:

Kismet311 11-26-2013 09:28 AM

I love eggnog! I want to try the SoDelicous Coconut milk eggnog! Will have to save it for an UD since I'm sure it is high in calories!

Scarlett46 11-26-2013 12:08 PM

B: Coffee, egg, ham slices
L: Chili
S: Oatmeal w/ dried cranberries, coffee
D: Hopefully some leftover apricot/curry chicken & rice & veggies... and a beer... or 2...
Coffee, maybe some ice cream

KeirasMom 11-26-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16697354)
I love eggnog! I want to try the SoDelicous Coconut milk eggnog! Will have to save it for an UD since I'm sure it is high in calories!

90 calories for 1/2 a cup. Not tooo bad, though I'd have a full cup with some added empty calories (read alcohol!).

Kismet311 11-26-2013 01:46 PM

;)

Brendajm 11-26-2013 02:21 PM

my day is going ok. Had protein pancakes for breakfast and coffee and CO.
lunch was a romaine lettuce sandwich with ham and mozzarella and pickles.
D- chili and GF tortilla chips.
S-had some jolly rancher chews, yum, got to stay away from them..
I am only at 850 if that.. I am at work and there is not much more here to eat. I have a 100 calorie snack pack of choco covered blueberries.. I might find some cheese in the work fridge..I will try to get up to 1200 at least.. I want to have a really good DD tomorrow in preparation for T Day!!

sharkini 11-26-2013 03:58 PM

hi everyone

Grapefruit
Steak, egg, spinach
Chicken and asparagus
Salad, shrimp
Meatball soup

jdforshort 11-26-2013 04:39 PM

Shooting for 1500 calories today. Going out of town tomorrow, going to be an UD (eating out and long drive). Thanksgiving, UD or DD ?:dunno: Hubby's on call, DD is invited out so home alone and no cooking! Might go out of town for a weekend:dunno:

Librarygirl 11-26-2013 05:41 PM

I don't think I could do a eggnog DD. I love it, and would drink 500 calories in one sitting. :D Isn't that about 8 ounces? :D

B-coffee- 50

L-0

s-1/2 garlic soft pretzel, few sips of bf's coke

D-spinach and chicken manicotti, salad w/ranch and red velvet cake for dessert. :)

penguinpower 11-26-2013 06:40 PM

B - BPC and full-fat Fage yogurt
L - Cream cheese and tomato omelet; toasted Maria's Healthified Sub
D - Baked scallop casserole, eggplant

I might have some more yogurt yet; took a series of antibiotics a couple of weeks ago and want to make sure I replenish the little beasties.

I'm shooting for a super-low cal DD tomorrow, and a high calorie but low carbish Thanksgiving (gotta go to two dinners)

Yennie 11-27-2013 12:40 AM

I ended up drinking a lot of my calories at the end of the day to get to my goal - cream in tea and a couple glasses of wine. My tummy isn't up to eating this much after my cleanse (which was anything but) so I needed to get them in somehow!

LiLi914 11-27-2013 03:09 AM

Yesterday was a soup UD. I have a head cold so I'm just trying to get rid of it before Turkey Day.

So I only hit MD numbers today and I hope my DD goes smoothly tomorrow.

Brendajm 11-27-2013 05:15 AM

I ended the day at 1500.. yah