Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 05:55 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Nilla-
Can you commit to 6 weeks of EOD rotations strict to your numbers with no tweaks and then see where you're at? I know you've tried everything, but maybe just committing to one plan (JUDDD) for a full 6 weeks to see if you can get the losses going.

Have you been to you primary care physician? What does s/he say about the lack of losses when following a plan?
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
'Nilla. I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. I know that cannot be anything but traumatic. My heart goes out to you.

I too am frustrated on your behalf! It is such a puzzle why your body won't let go of the weight. Have you considered having your RMR and/or body fat tested via dexascan or BodPod? If you knew what your actual metabolic rate is at this point, it might help to get your numbers just right. Then you could stick with that for 6 weeks like Carly suggested and see if you get results.

I don't know what you have available in your area, but here I got a package of 3 BodPod tests for $75. I still have two follow ups available, and it's great to have that to be able to see whether any progress is being made in terms of fat loss and/or muscle gains if you're exercising.

Whatever you decide to try, please let us cheer you on! I love that you keep coming back, and you're always missed when you take a break. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
Welcome back Nilla! I am so sorry about your Mom

I wonder if you ever had a complete thyroid panel done. I am not talking about TSH only but more precise tests like T3 Free and T4 Free, thyroid antibodies, etc. If you have underactive thyroid that could prevents you from losing weight. Just a though...
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Had another thought...do you tend to skip breakfast?
I was looking something up for somebody and came across an old post about someone who, through much trial and error, figured out she HAD to eat before noon (I think on DDs) or she wouldn't lose weight--even though she ate the same # of calories.

Couple more things to maybe try/consider:
Leptin Reset
Shangri-La (lowers set point)
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:41 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Nilla-
Can you commit to 6 weeks of EOD rotations strict to your numbers with no tweaks and then see where you're at? I know you've tried everything, but maybe just committing to one plan (JUDDD) for a full 6 weeks to see if you can get the losses going.

I agree with this.
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
You have gotten excellent suggestions already. I remember you trying plans and the evil scale staying stuck. I totally understand how frustrated you must be. Totally. Only you know how diligent you've been in the past and what you're mentally able to do at this point. I tend to get thoroughly disgusted and throw myself completely, 110%, in to the plan I want to do. If Juddd is what you like best, I would do like Carly suggests and follow it TO THE LETTER for a month. Since the scale has been so beastly in the past for you, I'd try to completely ignore it for that month. Measure yourself TODAY and then again in a month. At that point, I'd reevaluate and go from there. As Carly also asked, have you seen your PCP? I would be screaming in frustration at mine by now.

That's my 2 cents, but most of all, you are loved and supported over here girl! I am rooting for you and hoping this it IT, whatever you decide is best for you. I'm so sorry it's been such a struggle. You are AWESOME!!! You're not giving up and trying to find everything and anything that will help you meet your goal.

Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Thank you all SO much, not only for the suggestions and encouragement, but for the thoughts about my mom. I miss her dearly.

I didn't multi-quote, but some of the things I can address. I'm healthy overall, aside from the weight issue. No blood sugar issues, diabetes, high blood pressure issues, etc. I haven't had my second year checkup post surgery yet. Not on any hormones and have no issues other than I still get hot flashes occasionally. The thing I would love to have is a full thyroid panel. It's always been "normal" when checked over the years, but I know that "normal" may be off. I'll mention that my siblings also have trouble losing weight no matter what they do. Appetite issues don't plague me as much as the lack of success - that is what makes me get frustrated and want to go back to eating every day, dagnabbit!! Eating mainly low carb helps a lot, so most of the time I'm able to stay satisfied, even on a DD.

I've been planning my goals this time and, based on some of the suggestions, am planning on doing the following.

1. Do true EOD and bump up to 35% on a DD if I need to. I will try my best to the 6-week commitment. But, if I need to adjust for anything, I'll do the S/M/L thing. Better that, than throw in the towel.
2. Track my calories and make sure I get to that UD number. In the past, that was one issue that was causing me not to lose (ironic, no? ).
3. Measure.

I had decided to weigh daily, but .. I may take the suggestion to not weigh for awhile. Honestly, I'm still trying to decide about that one.

I know I didn't address all the suggestions/questions, but I still appreciate the time taken to give me some things to think about. Thank you all.

So, here we go again.

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Vanilla, I'm one of those can't commit either.
Want to be accountablity buds?
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Hi Vanilla - So sorry about your Mom. Above all, be kind to yourself in this difficult time.

I wish I had answers on that stupid, evil scale --but I don't. I DO have good wishes and will be rooting for your success. I am also restarting. We can do this!!!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Want to be accountablity buds?
"Accountabilibuddies"!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Want to be accountability buds?
Works for me! You know, I can commit to JUDDD (especially when it's working ), it's the true EOD rotations that can get me. So, I think I need to allow for a change in days when a special occasion arises. I really admire the ones who can plow through a DD on a holiday or special occasion. For me, I'd rather rearrange the eating schedule, shifts days, or what have you, than to give up totally. However, my intent is to do EOD without sliding into my favored 4:3 rotation for as long as I can.

How many days are you working on now? I'm officially on Day 1 and doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingJudd View Post
Hi Vanilla - So sorry about your Mom. Above all, be kind to yourself in this difficult time.

I wish I had answers on that stupid, evil scale --but I don't. I DO have good wishes and will be rooting for your success. I am also restarting. We can do this!!!
Thank you so much. I weighed this morning as a starting point (measured, too). Just need to decide if I'll face the metal monster in the morning or decide to weigh maybe once a week. Decisions, decisions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
"Accountabilibuddies"!
Love it!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Just wanted to join in with the chorus of back to the JUDDD hearth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I'm healthy overall, aside from the weight issue. No blood sugar issues, diabetes, high blood pressure issues, etc.
Not to belabour this point, I likewise had none of these issues so colour me amazed when I learned that I'd lost so much skeletal muscle mass that I'm officially categorised as sarcopenic (initial Bod Pod indicated this but they don't use it for that purpose so it was then confirmed by Dexa scan).

In retrospect, no wonder I was an achingly slow 'loser' - I have very little muscle mass to burn kcals. However, I committed myself to trusting the process and finding my way with the numbers that did work for me, albeit over time and with lengthy plateaus.

I hope that the same isn't true for you - but I thought I should mention that I didn't (and still don't) have any metabolic derangement altho' it's typically found in people with sarcopenia.

Sept 2014 A recent DXA scan reported very low muscle mass (sarcopenia) so I'm still thinking about how to cope with that. I have some joint surgery to schedule. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, SlowSure.

I hope that's not an issue, either. I did go read about it. In my heart of hearts, I think it's due to being a yo-yo dieter (although seemingly constant dieter!!) for over 30 years. Aside from JUDDD, the best loss I ever had was back in the diet pill (amphetamines)/B12 injections (or something from pregnant women) days. I think the ol' bod has become adept at battling with me over this and always the winner.

I looked over the daily weight thread carefully and see that most can take quite awhile to see a loss. One I looked at appears to have taken a few months to lose 4 lbs. That would have sent me screaming for the hills once again. I'm not getting anywhere by switching plans, so I might as well just JUDDD and enjoy (said with the most extreme sarcasm I've ever expressed in my entire life!!!!) the ride. I know I need to stay diligent with my tracking, mainly to make sure I eat enough on UDs!

Anyway, thanks for the welcome back. I always feel "at home" when I come back. Just need to stay put.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
Works for me! You know, I can commit to JUDDD (especially when it's working ), it's the true EOD rotations that can get me. So, I think I need to allow for a change in days when a special occasion arises. I really admire the ones who can plow through a DD on a holiday or special occasion. For me, I'd rather rearrange the eating schedule, shifts days, or what have you, than to give up totally. However, my intent is to do EOD without sliding into my favored 4:3 rotation for as long as I can.
I am late but welcome back nilla! I can definitely relate to the above. I am six months in to my second time around on JUDDD and I've just come to accept this about myself. When a special occasion arises, I just let it be. Even if it means a double DD or a double UD or a MD or whatever it takes. I lose slower, but I am still losing. I also like to have MD's on the weekend because I like eating and cooking on the weekends. So slower losses it is!

Quote:
In my heart of hearts, I think it's due to being a yo-yo dieter (although seemingly constant dieter!!) for over 30 years. Aside from JUDDD, the best loss I ever had was back in the diet pill (amphetamines)/B12 injections (or something from pregnant women) days. I think the ol' bod has become adept at battling with me over this and always the winner.

I looked over the daily weight thread carefully and see that most can take quite awhile to see a loss. One I looked at appears to have taken a few months to lose 4 lbs. That would have sent me screaming for the hills once again. I'm not getting anywhere by switching plans, so I might as well just JUDDD and enjoy (said with the most extreme sarcasm I've ever expressed in my entire life!!!!) the ride. I know I need to stay diligent with my tracking, mainly to make sure I eat enough on UDs!
Ha, that slow loser might be me. I have definitely had months where I lose zero pounds. But like you said, we've been dieting sooo many years, even if it takes four months to lose four pounds, in the grand scheme of things, we were going to be dieting anyway! I do think our bodies become way too adept at maintaining at a lower calorie level. I was reading "Body by You" yesterday, which is more about weight lifting than nutrition but part of the book talks about why women have such trouble losing weight when they simply restrict calories and do cardio. The author talked a bit about this. I think JUDDD does help with that, because it kind of keeps your body guessing a little? But that's what shake it up breaks are for too!

I know what it's like to stop and start different WOE's, and how hard it can be to really motivate yourself to believe you'll stick with it this time. But I hope you are feeling good about it!
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Quote:

How many days are you working on now? I'm officially on Day 1 and doing well.

Thank you so much. I weighed this morning as a starting point (measured, too). Just need to decide if I'll face the metal monster in the morning or decide to weigh maybe once a week. Decisions, decisions!

Love it!
lol
I kknow what you mean. I'm going to restart JUDDD here in a couple days. I'm kicking nicotine to the curb (stupidily restarted 4 weeks ago) and just focusing on that for now - still counting calories and trying to make wise decisions.
You know a lot of people do M/W/F rotations instead of eod?
Partyof7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

deedee, that's how I looked at JUDDD way back when. If a DD turned into a MD or even an UD, it was okay - I just did a DD the next day. My last attempts at JUDDD left me frustrated because I wasn't even having NSV's. The only thing I ever got was feeling my watch going down my wrist just a tad. I am feeling good about it this time, have no idea why! I'm always hopeful no matter what plan I try .. hope springs eternal, I suppose!!

Kati, so glad you're kicking nicotine to the curb!! I just lost my mother due to lung cancer. She'd smoked for years, but quite a couple years when she found she had developed COPD. We found out last year she had developed lung cancer, the equivalent of stage 4. We were blessed to have her a year - months beyond her initial prognosis. I hope you're able to kick the habit. Yes, when I first had success with JUDDD, after the initial two weeks I did a M/W/F rotation. Saturdays were always an UD (fits with my life) and Sundays were MD. I adored that schedule and will probably end up going back that. For now, I'm going to attempt as best I can an EOD rotation and see if I can get some losses going. I'm going to weigh after DDs only (again, for now), and I took a couple measurements and will compare in a couple of weeks to see if anything is going on there.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
On JUDDD you get to come back every other day!
LOL!! So true!!

Welcome back VL, I'm starting up again for the umpteenth time on Monday.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Hi all! The last time I posted was in May. I've had lots of computer problems...had to get a new laptop after the fat cat of mine jumped on mine and shattered the screen! I've learned to keep the new one away from her. Anyway, I have been faithful to JUDDD, and have continued to have good losses (for me, anyway). My May goal was to reach 220. I was 221 on May 31. The end of June I was at 218.2, end of July at 212.4 and now, on the 21st of August, I am at 207.4. I don't know if I will reach my goal of 200 this month, but I won't quit trying. Also, on June 5, I joined Curves. I go MWF each week, and it will take some sort of disaster for me to miss. I LOVE it! That's my story since I was last here, and hope I can be more faithful in posting.

Everyone is still very encouraging and I see some great losses/maintaining going on!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
It's so good to see you back Carole! I can't believe it's been since May, but you've done great all that time. I did Curves for several months about 11 or so years ago and it was the perfect thing for me at that time. Are you enjoying it?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Likewise, Becky. Exercise is the next thing I need to add back!

Hi Arkie, you're doing good! I did Curves for awhile, too. Loved it, especially the Zumba lol.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
LCG and NILLA....I'm loving Curves, and having great results! Today was my official monthly weigh-in and measuring day. Since July 23rd, I had lost 11#'s, (8.31#'s of that was body fat), and a total of 6.75" for the month. That's a total of 17#'s and12" gone since June 5. I'm thrilled, to say the least.
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie1 View Post
LCG and NILLA....I'm loving Curves, and having great results! Today was my official monthly weigh-in and measuring day. Since July 23rd, I had lost 11#'s, (8.31#'s of that was body fat), and a total of 6.75" for the month. That's a total of 17#'s and12" gone since June 5. I'm thrilled, to say the least.
That is awesome Carole!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 146/126/120
Quote:
Well done!
kwerp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #84
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nilla, Becky, Carole, lovely to 'see' you back. Fantastic losses Carole.

I have had 2 months of not dieting in any way, owing to some Real Life issues that had to take priority. It was important to be be seen to eat 'normally' in front of my DD1 who has been having food issues while struggling with depression.

Tomorrow will be a DD and I need it. I am 11.5 pounds above my goal weight.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:24 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's awesome, Arkie! I did Curves for months and although I did see a little inch shrinkage, I think all I lost was several hundred dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

I have had 2 months of not dieting in any way, owing to some Real Life issues that had to take priority. It was important to be be seen to eat 'normally' in front of my DD1 who has been having food issues while struggling with depression.

Knew I hadn't seen you around since my hundredth return, Kissa . Hope things are okay with DD1. How is your other daughter (MintQ, I think)??
Old 08-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Cindy, that is truly ironic, because I'm 12 pounds above my goal weight due to diet-less eating since May.

I'd be on JUDDD once again but am doing a round of homeopathic HHCG right now for a quicker loss but do intend to be coming back to JUDDD for maintenance.

I need to get this extra weight off for a 2 week trip to Philly in November for my grand-nephew's wedding.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote