Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I think people notice we're slimmer but are often afraid to ask. Several people have tentatively asked me if I've lost a lot of weight, then asked if it was intentional.
Agreed! It took me a long time to be one with that statement. Ha! Congrats on jackets that are now too big and can be sent to Goodwill.

I was looking at pictures from the weekend and I was feeling a little down. I sometimes feel that when I take photos with the skinny people that I am just ginormous and hate all the pictures. Then on Monday I came into work and a good friend said "You are looking skinny girl." I was really thinking "Oh Shut up! I'm fat and you weigh 100 pounds less than me."

What I actually did was think about what I was wearing and I said, "Thank you, I'm working hard." It's difficult for me to accept compliments because I never trust in them, but my NSV was that I took the comment for what it was worth. I didn't analyze the comment.

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
That's a great NSV Lisa!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Wow, what great NSV everyone is having! This thread really made my day!

I'll throw one in I experienced this morning. I have a good bit of coats/jackets/blazers (Hello my name is Mary Ellen and I am a coat fanatic...) that have not been able to wear in the past 3-4 years. Tried some on and two of my favorite and super-warm winter coats fit me again!!!

Probably have another 15-20 pounds to go before the fitted leather blazers and jackets can be worn again, but I will get there!

Mary Ellen

Last edited by MaryEllenC; 12-10-2013 at 01:21 PM..
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
I got a nice winter jacket out of my wardrobe today and it looks awful because it's two sizes too big. DH bought it for me a couple of years ago - and I'd felt really slim then! It's a really cute coat so I guess it will be a great charity shop find for someone.
Bummer about the nice jacket, but yay for slim upper body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
I was looking at pictures from the weekend and I was feeling a little down. I sometimes feel that when I take photos with the skinny people that I am just ginormous and hate all the pictures. Then on Monday I came into work and a good friend said "You are looking skinny girl." I was really thinking "Oh Shut up! I'm fat and you weigh 100 pounds less than me."

What I actually did was think about what I was wearing and I said, "Thank you, I'm working hard." It's difficult for me to accept compliments because I never trust in them, but my NSV was that I took the comment for what it was worth. I didn't analyze the comment.
Good for you for accepting the compliment. You really are looking fantastic, Lisa. I wish you could see that for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryEllenC View Post
Wow, what great NSV everyone is having! This thread really made my day!

I'll throw one in I experienced this morning. I have a good bit of coats/jackets/blazers (Hello my name is Mary Ellen and I am a coat fanatic...) that have not been able to wear in the past 3-4 years. Tried some on and two of my favorite and super-warm winter coats fit me again!!!

Probably have another 15-20 pounds to go before the fitted leather blazers and jackets can be worn again, but I will get there!

Mary Ellen
Nice! So you now have some "new" coats! Score!

I had lunch with a couple of former coworkers today and one told me she hardly recognized me. She told me happy belated birthday and I said, jokingly, that I had decided not to get any older, and would now be counting backwards, and she told me I look younger now that I've lost weight. k

The other friend (male) kept talking about how long my hair had gotten. I think he was a little afraid to comment on my figure. But he has started doing a narrow eating window each day and has lost 18 pounds in just a couple of weeks. He is large, so I'm so happy for him! Another form of IF saves the day!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #125
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love all these NSVs.

Carol I am so pleased you are getting the praise you deserve. And your hair is lovely and long…
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #126

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Agreed! It took me a long time to be one with that statement. Ha! Congrats on jackets that are now too big and can be sent to Goodwill.

Lisa, I so relate to this one. I STILL have to remind myself to take a compliment graciously. It has gotten easier, but it's still hard because most of the time I still feel like I'm nearly 300 pounds. Enough "thank yous" and it sort of does become second nature.

You look beautiful in the pictures I saw from your company thing a few days ago, and definitely slimmer. You always have the best smile and just genuinely look like you are enjoying yourself. Sometimes I actually remind myself that I have to be less reserved and I say to myself, "Smile like Lisa does!" Honestly, though that may sound weird.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Don't make me cry Dawn. I have a rep to uphold. Ha! That's sweet and I hope we can all just start accepting compliments and not always picture the bigger "old us" in the mirror.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Who'd have thunk complements would be so hard? I hate them, too. I love to give them, though. LOL! (hate to think of it making others feel uncomfortable, sure not what one intends when giving out the complement!)

ANYHOO, you all are doing so fabulous!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
This may not seem much to some of you, but it was huge for me...

This is only the second day since I've a)started back to JUDDD and b)changed my diet (no dairy). I was out with my DH and a friend tonight and they decided they wanted to go get ice cream. Now, today also happens to be a DD (not that it mattered...no dairy). In the past I would have forgone the fact that it was a DD, I mean hey, it's only the second day. I can get back on track tomorrow, right? But I really didn't want to have the dairy or sugar.

So, I had three strawberries (it is a DD after all!) and a bottle of water! So proud of myself!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post

This is only the second day since I've a)started back to JUDDD and b)changed my diet (no dairy). I was out with my DH and a friend tonight and they decided they wanted to go get ice cream. Now, today also happens to be a DD (not that it mattered...no dairy). In the past I would have forgone the fact that it was a DD, I mean hey, it's only the second day. I can get back on track tomorrow, right? But I really didn't want to have the dairy or sugar.

So, I had three strawberries (it is a DD after all!) and a bottle of water! So proud of myself!

good for you!!!! that's wonderful!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
compliments. they are tough aren't they? but when someone doesn't notice (like my BFF who hasn't seen me in 4 months) i wanna kick her. my spin instructor told me on thursday "you have really lost weight!" i told her thank you i have been working really hard. stumble stumble blush blush. sigh...

whenever i see someone and i think they have lost, i always always say - have you lost weight, you look great! cause i know i want to hear it.... and than i hear it and i don't know what to do with it

Colleen- 42 years young

10/15/13 - 137 ---- Started JUDDD
12/3/13 - 128.0
01/02/14 - 125.9
my Goal 115
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4devochki
Stats: 200.6/189/132
Start Date: 2 December 2013
Quote:

Lisa, I so know the feeling of not being satisfied with my weight, even after (past) considerable losses. Good for you for taking the compliment gracefully, and even, maybe, accepting the truth of it a little?

I think I never held on to my past "thin" weights exactly because of that constant dissatisfaction. This time I'm going to try to be happy with each drop in the bucket. That's its own kind of NSV, I guess.
4devochki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4devochki
Stats: 200.6/189/132
Start Date: 2 December 2013
My fat jeans, which were being worn tourniquet-style, are now ever so slightly loose in the butt, right out of the dryer.
4devochki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mafiamom
Stats: 5'2" 131.7 (4/21/14)
WOE: JUDDD 1810/350
Start Date: 10/15/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4devochki View Post
My fat jeans, which were being worn tourniquet-style, are now ever so slightly loose in the butt, right out of the dryer.
OOOOHHHHH loose dryer jeans! that is a TRUE TEST! great NSV!
mafiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
A true test of lost blubber!!!! Exciting news 4
When I got up this morning, I just felt lighter.
We have a full length mirror in the bathroom, I actually glanced at me this am, bed hair and all
A friend of mine taught me how to talk a compliment, she was younger than me.
Her mother taught her.
She said when someone offers you a compliment, say "thank you"
How smart! That's helped me tremendously through the years.
No need to all twisted up?
Thank you
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

This sounds huge to me! Good for you! And doesn't it feel great afterwards, knowing you have that kind of control?

Quote:
WTG! I didn't even put jeans IN the dryer for a long time! And now yours are loose! Woooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
We have a full length mirror in the bathroom, I actually glanced at me this am, bed hair and all
Her mother taught her.
Thank you
Feeling lighter is a wonderful thing! And yes, that is a simple and appropriate way to take a compliment. Why do our heads keep talking though?
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #137

Quote:

That is huge. It is so easy to just give in.

Quote:
The pants don't lie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
Her mother taught her.
Thank you
Lighter than air, that is our Ei. And yes, a simple Thank you is all we have to remember...
Old 12-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Love all these NSVs!!! Everyone's doing so great and it's put a smile on my face.

Accept compliments, Ladies, because you are all so beautiful!!!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Could it be my tummy is shrinking? Day 4 and my underwear is fitting better!!!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Droopy drawers!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

I went with BF to a place where he buys a lot of video games, and a place we frequent quite a bit. The girl behind the counter said, "You look different!" I said, "I've lost weight," and she said, "I can tell! You look great!! I didn't even recognize you!" Which is kind of a back-handed compliment, lol, but I still enjoyed hearing it.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I just found out that all of my trousers fit me! I could even get into a couple of really small pairs that were tight when I was at my smallest. Apart from those, all the rest fit properly! I really wasn’t expecting it. I just tried a pair on to see how far I had to go.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Great NSV Ailuros!! The pants don't lie!!
Old 12-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
This means I can’t lose much more or I’ll have to buy a whole new wardrobe . When I was starting, to try and lose the weight again, I asked my husband how low I should be aiming, and he said I should pick the size I had the most clothes in and aim for that!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

I have spent less than 100 dollars and have at least 10 new blouses and sweaters, 5-6 dresses, two winter coats and a pair of shoes. All from the flea market and I get compliments on them every day lol.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I went with BF to a place where he buys a lot of video games, and a place we frequent quite a bit. The girl behind the counter said, "You look different!" I said, "I've lost weight," and she said, "I can tell! You look great!! I didn't even recognize you!" Which is kind of a back-handed compliment, lol, but I still enjoyed hearing it.
Ha. Love those back-handed compliments. Not! It's still nice to hear that you're looking good.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

That same girl asked me if I was Bf's mom about a year ago.

When we left, I said, "High 5! I don't look like your mom anymore!" (he is 16 yrs younger than I am, so...)

Last edited by Librarygirl; 12-12-2013 at 04:33 PM..
Old 12-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #148

Great NSVs, loose undies, fitting pants and a slimmer and younger looking LG.

Loving JUDDD.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I have spent less than 100 dollars and have at least 10 new blouses and sweaters, 5-6 dresses, two winter coats and a pair of shoes. All from the flea market and I get compliments on them every day lol.
Score! I love thrift stores/flea markets.

Hoping to have a compliment to report tomorrow. I am meeting some friends, some of whom have not seen me for a few months. I'm wearing new, smaller clothes, and expecting some notice. (Of course, I will probably be crushed. It is always when you want it that no one says a THING!)
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MaryEllenC
Great things happening for everyone! Lots of compliments, new or loose clothes, and the best of all - underwear that isn't too tight!!

Hubby told me today that my butt looks smaller. And my pants are getting baggy too. That's a good sign for me because usually when I lose weight it happens from the head down, with my waist, hips & legs being the last place to see any loss. Loving JUDD!!!!!!

Mary Ellen
MaryEllenC is offline   Reply With Quote