Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4devochki View Post
Painful inflammatory foot condition is diminished after only 2 down days. I read that fasting can diminish inflammation, but I never knew that it could work so quickly. Avoiding carbs also helps. Walking with practically no discomfort--what a reason to stick to this!

All the water loss has done something to my muffin-top, too (in Gap 14s, my largest jeans): the overhang is nearly gone. I haven't weighed yet--am waiting for a week to go by.

And it's time for my cyclical acne to appear, but there's no sign of it.

Is that enough after 4 days? Wild, eh?
If that's just 4 days, I can't wait to hear all about the NSVs that follow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimming-up View Post
4devochki that is impressive!
My plantar fasciitis has also all but disappeared. Since it comes and goes, only time will tell if it comes back.

But in addition, I had a painful metatarsal pain/stiffness and a terrible problem with foot/toe cramping. I absolutely could not bend my feet at all without them seizing up and curling, turning all sorts of ways.
That is GONE!

Shoulder pain 90% GONE
Hip pain 99% GONE

Funny thing though, I've had a new pain flair up just last week - an elbow. Never had that before - hoping it isn't tennis elbow... it kind of comes and goes
Hopefully the new pain will follow in the old ones' footsteps and leave now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
I'm still flying high with my 14 iron blood count?
Here's to health, tight jeans in a good way, and heels!
I've never been able to do hills.
Think it had to do with my tomboy side.
I do love them on other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We went out to dinner last night, after wearing my cute boots (with tight jeans) all day, and as we were walking in to the restaurant, DH grabbed my hand and told me I am a sexy (word that can't be named here)! Oh the things that melt my heart.
woohoooo!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
We went out to dinner last night, after wearing my cute boots (with tight jeans) all day, and as we were walking in to the restaurant, DH grabbed my hand and told me I am a sexy (word that can't be named here)! Oh the things that melt my heart.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Last night I went to a friend's party and saw an old friend that I haven't seen in probably going on 2 years. She knew I had been losing weight because of our mutual friend, so she wasn't surprised, but all evening she kept calling me "skinny" and telling me how good I looked. She asked me what I've been doing, and if I was maintaining okay. I told her I am still losing and she said "You ARE? Why???" That made me feel awfully good, although I really do have a way to go.

Then today my next door neighbor, who I've known for 15 years and he's seen me at my high and low weights both times told me I'm looking great and so pretty.

You gotta love those kind of ego boosts!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post

My latest NSV is DH continuing to notice different "bones" on me lately. It's pretty amusing, really. Hip bones (who knew they were in there?), spine bones, the tops of my shoulders...my body feels weird now. I don't remember feeling all these bones so prominent when I was this weight..you know, 23 years ago.
I can so relate to this. DW went through this phase a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I forgot this one in my epic list I posted earlier. I had to take my riding boots in to the boot shop to have a entire inch removed from the circumference. I now fit into "regular" calf sized boots, don't need the "wide" calf ones anymore. I didn't think that would ever happen. I thought I was destined to have short, stubby (read: fat) legs no matter what. I guess they can eventually be short & slim. Won't that be cool!?!?!
Yay! I'm glad you got to save the fav boots.

Quote:
Painful inflammatory foot condition is diminished after only 2 down days. I read that fasting can diminish inflammation, but I never knew that it could work so quickly. Avoiding carbs also helps. Walking with practically no discomfort--what a reason to stick to this!

All the water loss has done something to my muffin-top, too (in Gap 14s, my largest jeans): the overhang is nearly gone. I haven't weighed yet--am waiting for a week to go by.

And it's time for my cyclical acne to appear, but there's no sign of it.

Is that enough after 4 days? Wild, eh?
Imagine what 4 weeks will bring...

Quote:
But in addition, I had a painful metatarsal pain/stiffness and a terrible problem with foot/toe cramping. I absolutely could not bend my feet at all without them seizing up and curling, turning all sorts of ways.
That is GONE!

Shoulder pain 90% GONE
Hip pain 99% GONE

Funny thing though, I've had a new pain flair up just last week - an elbow. Never had that before - hoping it isn't tennis elbow... it kind of comes and goes
I hope the elbow pain will soon be a thing of the past.
I still have awful cramping in my feet and toes with terrible twisting, but stems from my spine so that is not going to change.

Quote:
I bought a cute pair of boots (3" heels) on Friday, and have worn them a couple of times now. I just realized it's almost 4:00 p.m. and my feet don't hurt at all. Double win!
Work it!

Quote:
Thata girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Last night I went to a friend's party and saw an old friend that I haven't seen in probably going on 2 years. She knew I had been losing weight because of our mutual friend, so she wasn't surprised, but all evening she kept calling me "skinny" and telling me how good I looked. She asked me what I've been doing, and if I was maintaining okay. I told her I am still losing and she said "You ARE? Why???" That made me feel awfully good, although I really do have a way to go.

Then today my next door neighbor, who I've known for 15 years and he's seen me at my high and low weights both times told me I'm looking great and so pretty.

You gotta love those kind of ego boosts!
Well you deserve all the ego boosts in town!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Carol, those are awesome NSVs!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Aww Carol I love, love, love your NSV's. You are looking fantabulous.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Love your NSV, LCG!! You do look beautiful and I can totally see why someone would ask why you needed to lose more. I also know why you do want to lose more, and can relate to that too!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #98

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
WTG Carol, we all know how much you deserve these compliments. You are amazing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
I LOVE IT CAROL!

so happy for you
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yay LCG, you go girl!!! XO
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks guys!

I'm still getting accustomed to compliments, and also to accepting them gracefully instead of denying them or refuting them. Just take a deep breath, smile and say "Thank you!" Hard.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4devochki
Stats: 200.6/189/132
Start Date: 2 December 2013
Carol, judging by your picture, your stats, and all the loving support you provide here, you richly deserve all these compliments, and more. Beauty is as beauty does, after all!

On that note, I have another NSV at the one week point, and it requires me to confess that when I am actively practicing my eating/sugar/carb addiction, I am often a raging harpy to my nearest and dearest. And to everyone else, I am unreliable, reactive, and often withdrawn. A classic addict.

But this weekend I felt and acted differently, really differently. Calm, much less reactive and touchy. It was so different, and honestly my outlook on life feels so different. This came after putting down the addictive substances, true, but also with the help of the cleansing and strengthening feeling of hunger. I feel so grateful and glad now...sniffle...

Ok, maudlin minute over.
4devochki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GoalieMom98
Stats: this time round: 182/154/130 5'2" 48
WOE: CTFLC, now JUDDD
Start Date: new start date: CTFLC Sept 2/13, JUDD:Oct 14/13
A small NSV this morning...in the shower, I noticed how much easier it was to shave my legs!
GoalieMom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
I have whined a bit IRL because no one at work nor in my extended family had noticed any weight loss - or made any comments thru most of my weight loss.

Today we have our first snow, it's cold and it's a DD with the shivers... I said the heck with style today - I need warmth - I dressed in my baggy corduroy pants pulled tight with a belt, a blouse and sweater that fit better 25 more pounds ago - and TODAY I get a huge compliment from a worker in a different office, who sees me every once in awhile. LOL She kept saying how skinny I looked. I just have to laugh!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
On that note, I have another NSV at the one week point, and it requires me to confess that when I am actively practicing my eating/sugar/carb addiction, I am often a raging harpy to my nearest and dearest. And to everyone else, I am unreliable, reactive, and often withdrawn. A classic addict.

But this weekend I felt and acted differently, really differently. Calm, much less reactive and touchy. It was so different, and honestly my outlook on life feels so different. This came after putting down the addictive substances, true, but also with the help of the cleansing and strengthening feeling of hunger. I feel so grateful and glad now...sniffle...

Ok, maudlin minute over.
I can relate so well to the mood swings that can get so ugly when I am in the sugar/carb hangover stages. I'm happy for you that you had a calm weekend! Enjoy it!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
4Dev and Goner
You made me smile with happiness for u both.
Calm is awesome, I feel it to when on Juddd most UD mornings.
It seems like a illegal drug at times, well it must feel that way. Hope I wrote that correctly.
I've never taken illegal drugs, a few legal ones
My hubby and I call M&M candies heroin.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Carol, judging by your picture, your stats, and all the loving support you provide here, you richly deserve all these compliments, and more. Beauty is as beauty does, after all!

Ok, maudlin minute over.
Thank you, that is so sweet!

I love your NSV! And your phrase "the cleansing and strengthening feeling of hunger" is so perfectly descriptive of how I feel too. Brilliant. Congratulations on feeling better and I'll bet your nearest and dearest will do everything they can to support this new WOE if it means a sweeter you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalieMom98 View Post
A small NSV this morning...in the shower, I noticed how much easier it was to shave my legs!
Yessss! The little things we take for granted, right? But it's a big thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
I have whined a bit IRL because no one at work nor in my extended family had noticed any weight loss - or made any comments thru most of my weight loss.

Today we have our first snow, it's cold and it's a DD with the shivers... I said the heck with style today - I need warmth - I dressed in my baggy corduroy pants pulled tight with a belt, a blouse and sweater that fit better 25 more pounds ago - and TODAY I get a huge compliment from a worker in a different office, who sees me every once in awhile. LOL She kept saying how skinny I looked. I just have to laugh!
Isn't that always the way? You must be rocking those cords, girl!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Mine is a thankful NSV. I was at a craft show this weekend and I saw so many vendors my age dragging excess weight around, using walkers, scooters and depending on other people to do the work for them. Even the active overweight folks would benefit so much from JUDDD.
Due to JUDDD, I am healthy and able to run circles around them. I feel so bad that I can't hand out JUDDD information to all of them and wave a magic wand and make them follow the plan. There is a solution but they most likely will never benefit from it. And those people I have shared with just look at me as if I am crazy. You do WHAT??? That can't be healthy!!!
I am so thankful to JUDDD.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Scarlett46
Stats: 179/150/135 5'3" 43yo
WOE: SB/JUDDD
Start Date: SB: 6/2007 JUDDD: 4/2013
Today I'm wearing a pair of pants from the "too small" box... had to have DH repair a hole in the crotch before I could wear them again - I likely split them when I tried to wear them and they were too small! LOL

AND I'm wearing a dress shirt that I have been unable to wear because of button gaps, and it was tight across my shoulders and upper arms. It's comfy, with no gaps today!

UN-fortunately... It's also time to look for some smaller bras too...
Scarlett46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post

I've whined to myself that no one seems to notice. But really, I think it's just a matter of being super polite. I guess they think that bringing up weight loss assumes one was overweight to begin with and they just don't want to go there.

So this week I bought my first new pair of jeans - from an occasional size 14, to a size 10!
I say occasional 14, because there were only a few brands that fit me at that size.
My family was super complimentary - it was such a great feeling, both to be smaller and to fit into something that looks good!
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Love it, Goner--pants that fit you 25 lbs ago! Time for new pants (even if they do make you look skinny)!

And Scarlett and Slimming, hooray for smaller sizes, even from your own closet! Must be fantastic; can't wait to join you.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #112

What a great bunch of NSVs. Mental and physical. Wonderful thread this.

I so agree with you Adi, I wish I could share the JUDDD miracle more with so many friends my age who are struggling with excess weight.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner
Quote:
I've whined to myself that no one seems to notice. But really, I think it's just a matter of being super polite.
I empathise with this. Nobody has commented on my losses. DH knows because he records our weekly weigh-ins but I have a niggling doubt that he'd ever have noticed, unprompted.

However, I know. And, from time to time, I'm downright proud of me for doing it.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Mine is a thankful NSV. I was at a craft show this weekend and I saw so many vendors my age dragging excess weight around, using walkers, scooters and depending on other people to do the work for them. Even the active overweight folks would benefit so much from JUDDD.
Due to JUDDD, I am healthy and able to run circles around them. I feel so bad that I can't hand out JUDDD information to all of them and wave a magic wand and make them follow the plan. There is a solution but they most likely will never benefit from it. And those people I have shared with just look at me as if I am crazy. You do WHAT??? That can't be healthy!!!
I am so thankful to JUDDD.
Thankful NSVs are the best. What you say is so true, and I'm thankful for you that you feel great and can be so active. My 80 JUDDDing mom is more active and spry than she was 15 years ago at age 65. We really to have the key to the kingdom and are willing to share it. Why won't people take it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
Today I'm wearing a pair of pants from the "too small" box... had to have DH repair a hole in the crotch before I could wear them again - I likely split them when I tried to wear them and they were too small! LOL

AND I'm wearing a dress shirt that I have been unable to wear because of button gaps, and it was tight across my shoulders and upper arms. It's comfy, with no gaps today!

Smaller clothes! And a DH who sews! Ah, life is good. Smaller bras is just a price you have to pay.

Quote:
I've whined to myself that no one seems to notice. But really, I think it's just a matter of being super polite. I guess they think that bringing up weight loss assumes one was overweight to begin with and they just don't want to go there.

So this week I bought my first new pair of jeans - from an occasional size 14, to a size 10!
I say occasional 14, because there were only a few brands that fit me at that size.
My family was super complimentary - it was such a great feeling, both to be smaller and to fit into something that looks good!
Wonderful to get such nice compliments on your new, slim jeans body! I do think people are uncomfortable making comments about weight a lot of times. YOU know you're a lot slimmer and so do they, even if they keep their mouths shut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I empathise with this. Nobody has commented on my losses. DH knows because he records our weekly weigh-ins but I have a niggling doubt that he'd ever have noticed, unprompted.

However, I know. And, from time to time, I'm downright proud of me for doing it.
Well, your picture shows a nice, lean, slim woman. So if you've lost much at all, the people around you are blind! Most likely they are just not saying anything. Politeness? Jealously? Discomfort? Who knows!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I have had these thoughts also lately - I'm 62 years YOUNG, in part, thanks to JUDDD. I would share my HOW TO... but sadly, the old folks don't want to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post

Congrats! You have been doing so well - and I'm with you on the need for smaller bras... I miss my boobs. LOL

Quote:
So happy for you - smaller sizes and compliments too!!

Quote:
Love it, Goner--pants that fit you 25 lbs ago! Time for new pants (even if they do make you look skinny)!
I have 25 work days remaining till retirement - and I refuse to buy smaller sized work slacks - thus the Large Corduroy pants. LOL It's all about warmth these days - and most of the day I'm behind a desk and no one sees my slacks anyway. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

YOU should be proud - I'm glad you are! I give myself credit each day as I pull on my smaller sized slacks and feel the "room" in my looser tops... it is a great feeling and one I worked hard to accomplish... well SEMI-hard... given JUDDD feels pretty easy most days!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Thankful NSVs are the best. What you say is so true, and I'm thankful for you that you feel great and can be so active. My 80 JUDDDing mom is more active and spry than she was 15 years ago at age 65. We really to have the key to the kingdom and are willing to share it. Why won't people take it?
I love this! Did she start JUDDDing as a result of your success? Or was it the other way around?

Sometimes I kick myself for waiting till post-50 to get myself to a healthy, attractive weight. All those years I could have been slim!!!
Hearing of an 80 year old JUDDDer just warms my heart. It's never too late
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I love this! Did she start JUDDDing as a result of your success? Or was it the other way around?

Sometimes I kick myself for waiting till post-50 to get myself to a healthy, attractive weight. All those years I could have been slim!!!
Hearing of an 80 year old JUDDDer just warms my heart. It's never too late
It is NEVER too late - that is for sure! And I count on her being around many more years, especially now with her new, health-giving WOE.

She started after I had been JUDDDing for 6 months, and she's now been at it for 9 months. She's lost about 30 pounds and is right where she wants to be with her weight. She looks fantastic - nowhere near 80, if you ask me!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

My gosh, Carol--a healthy old age. That's the holy grail for me. All of my grandparents succumbed to lifestyle-induced chronic ailments, or Alzheimers. My parents are also on their way, sadly. Doing JUDDD is my way of trying to turn the tide.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #119

Another one here who is hoping for a long healthy old age. I am seldom taken for my age especially at the gym The 60s are the new 40s.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
I think people notice we're slimmer but are often afraid to ask. Several people have tentatively asked me if I've lost a lot of weight, then asked if it was intentional.

Last week, my friend "accused" me of losing more weight - which I haven't but somehow, my shoulders are narrower.

I got a nice winter jacket out of my wardrobe today and it looks awful because it's two sizes too big. DH bought it for me a couple of years ago - and I'd felt really slim then! It's a really cute coat so I guess it will be a great charity shop find for someone.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote