Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Each time I come to check in there are a ton of NSV's. I can't respond to everyone, but i'm so excited and proud of each and every one of you. These NSV's are fantastic and you are all a-friggin-mazing.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #992
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I hope this isn't too icky, but I've noticed some of my smaller skin tags (very common if a person is overweight or has blood sugar issues) have been "dying". They caught my eye because they turned a darker color. They don't have any sensation in them, unlike the "live" ones. I've just been pulling them off with my fingernails or tweezers. In the past I've gotten rid of some bigger ones by tying thread around them, but it was painful and took a few days.

So far it's just tiny ones--like a poppyseed or smaller. I hope the bigger ones eventually go away too!!!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I hope this isn't too icky, but I've noticed some of my smaller skin tags (very common if a person is overweight or has blood sugar issues) have been "dying". They caught my eye because they turned a darker color. They don't have any sensation in them, unlike the "live" ones. I've just been pulling them off with my fingernails or tweezers. In the past I've gotten rid of some bigger ones by tying thread around them, but it was painful and took a few days.

So far it's just tiny ones--like a poppyseed or smaller. I hope the bigger ones eventually go away too!!!
Hi PJ! I used to have those on my neck...they are icky and just went away. Not sure why, but I was so happy. I have on under my arm that is long and bothersome. I hope it "dies" like you mentioned...
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #994
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
NSV: Shorts I wore for the 4th of July are fitting much nicer. They were super tight and now, I got them on with ease. I love JUDDD!!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #995
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom23
Stats: 242/221.5/135
Start Date: 6/24/14
Yay Pirate Jenny and JenMay.
Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #996
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

I had a few larger ones and several smaller ones when I was overweight. I (TMI ALERT!) cut the biggest one off with scissors because I couldn't stand it anymore. It was right where the waist of my pants rub. The others are still there. I WISH they'd just fall off. I have one on my ribcage and a couple that make shaving my armpits difficult. DH has used wart remover on his with success. You just have to be careful to cover the tag and not get it on the healthy skin.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #997

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:

Wow, this is great! I didn't know they were more prevalent in overweight people. I remember seeing them on my grandma's neck and collar area when I was a little girl. Now I have a couple - one on the side of my neck and one in my armpit, but come to think of it, they've shrunk quite a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
NSV: Shorts I wore for the 4th of July are fitting much nicer. They were super tight and now, I got them on with ease. I love JUDDD!!
Woo Hooo! Isn't that fun???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I had a few larger ones and several smaller ones when I was overweight. I (TMI ALERT!) cut the biggest one off with scissors because I couldn't stand it anymore. It was right where the waist of my pants rub. The others are still there. I WISH they'd just fall off. I have one on my ribcage and a couple that make shaving my armpits difficult. DH has used wart remover on his with success. You just have to be careful to cover the tag and not get it on the healthy skin.
I've tried to shave my armpit one off, but no luck! When you snipped it did it hurt a lot? Bleed? I've also heard tea tree oil will help, but I haven't got the patience to do that day after day, plus smell like that all the time!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #998
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/121/120
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I saw an old friend today, someone I hadn't seen in fifteen years, and about the first thing he said was that I was getting younger not older. (We're both fifty-five.) I've heard that from at least one other old friend on this visit, and just about everyone else said that I hadn't changed at all since we last saw each other (eleven or more years ago). (And when I say that they haven't changed either, they insist, "No, I mean you really haven't changed.")

I think this is in large part the fact that I've made it to more or less my "ideal" weight, together with the fact that the weight loss and the seeing old friends and the big city life have inspired me to put myself together nicely every day, with make-up and nice, well-fitting outfits. (Listening to my seventeen-year-old fashion consultant doesn't hurt either.)
UtahDesert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #999

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

I've tried to shave my armpit one off, but no luck! When you snipped it did it hurt a lot? Bleed? I've also heard tea tree oil will help, but I haven't got the patience to do that day after day, plus smell like that all the time!
It hurt, but no more than accidentally cutting your finger or similar. It bled a fair amount, but again no more than getting a cut like that any other way (no increased bleeding because it was a tag, I guess I mean to say). I put a regular band-aid over it and replaced it with one of those small, circular band-aids, and it was done and over by my shower a few hours later. No scab or anything.

I do have to say, it was a pretty big one, maybe the size of a deflated pea, and was only attached by a small amount of skin. I wouldn't attempt it with one of my small tags that I can't grab with my fingers and pull away from the skin, if that makes sense.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #1000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Totally makes sense, Dawn! Some of mine are sort of cone-shaped, with the wide part on my body. When they grow to where they have little necks or stems, it's not quite so scary to cut or tie thread around them!

Another way I've gotten rid of tags is by putting iodine on them. Right now most of mine are on my neck so I don't want to go out into the world with weird brownish-yellowish patches in plain sight.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDesert View Post
I saw an old friend today, someone I hadn't seen in fifteen years, and about the first thing he said was that I was getting younger not older. (We're both fifty-five.) I've heard that from at least one other old friend on this visit, and just about everyone else said that I hadn't changed at all since we last saw each other (eleven or more years ago). (And when I say that they haven't changed either, they insist, "No, I mean you really haven't changed.")

I think this is in large part the fact that I've made it to more or less my "ideal" weight, together with the fact that the weight loss and the seeing old friends and the big city life have inspired me to put myself together nicely every day, with make-up and nice, well-fitting outfits. (Listening to my seventeen-year-old fashion consultant doesn't hurt either.)
I love this! Hey, we're twins. I'm 55 too.
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #1002
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Fantastic! I love this NSV.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #1003

Quote:

I know that must feel great to heart that! And I'm sure it's true, too.

Quote:
It hurt, but no more than accidentally cutting your finger or similar. It bled a fair amount, but again no more than getting a cut like that any other way (no increased bleeding because it was a tag, I guess I mean to say). I put a regular band-aid over it and replaced it with one of those small, circular band-aids, and it was done and over by my shower a few hours later. No scab or anything.

I do have to say, it was a pretty big one, maybe the size of a deflated pea, and was only attached by a small amount of skin. I wouldn't attempt it with one of my small tags that I can't grab with my fingers and pull away from the skin, if that makes sense.
Very interesting. Mine are pretty tiny at this point, so I'm not sure that's an option. Plus the fact that the one I'm most concerned with is the armpit one, and I'd definitely have to have someone else do that one.....don't want to do that. Maybe I should just wait and hope they dry up on their own.

Quote:
Totally makes sense, Dawn! Some of mine are sort of cone-shaped, with the wide part on my body. When they grow to where they have little necks or stems, it's not quite so scary to cut or tie thread around them!

Another way I've gotten rid of tags is by putting iodine on them. Right now most of mine are on my neck so I don't want to go out into the world with weird brownish-yellowish patches in plain sight.
Yeah, the explaining would be exhausting! Not to mention the weird looks.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #1004

Today's NSV: DMIL gave me a blouse that was too small for her and I'm wearing it today. She's in great shape and we're built similarly, though she's more muscular and has a bigger frame. She used to give me the clothes that were too big for her.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #1005
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today's NSV: DMIL gave me a blouse that was too small for her and I'm wearing it today. She's in great shape and we're built similarly, though she's more muscular and has a bigger frame. She used to give me the clothes that were too big for her.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #1006

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:

That is great PJ. Are you still eating Dirt? I hd been forgetful but just started taking it regularly once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
SHORTS! I am seriously impressed.

Quote:

I love this NSV, cheating the ageing gene is a great feeling, and I also love that you 17 year old is your fashion consultant.

Quote:
You are our poster girl Dawn.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #1007
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I just realized over the last few days I am thinking about food less and less which is one of my main goals. I just want to think about food when its time to grocery shop and make sure I buy nutritious healthy food, and when its time to actually eat because I am hungry.

I used to wonder why on earth I thought about food all day long, and it drove me nuts. I still have my moments for sure, but eating VLC seems to work well for me. It makes me feel satisfied and I think that's why I'm not so obsessed anymore.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #1008

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
I just realized over the last few days I am thinking about food less and less which is one of my main goals. I just want to think about food when its time to grocery shop and make sure I buy nutritious healthy food, and when its time to actually eat because I am hungry.

I used to wonder why on earth I thought about food all day long, and it drove me nuts. I still have my moments for sure, but eating VLC seems to work well for me. It makes me feel satisfied and I think that's why I'm not so obsessed anymore.
Fantastic Jan!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:47 PM   #1009
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
That is great PJ. Are you still eating Dirt? I hd been forgetful but just started taking it regularly once more.
Yes ma'am!
I take it before bed and I occasionally forget...and the very next day my heart will race if I exert myself even just a little. I have to take 3 flights of stairs to get to work from the parking lot, and having my heart pound like that makes me feel like the most out-of-shape person in the world!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday I was talking to 3 women at work and mentioned I was doing an "every other day" plan, and had lost 12lbs. They made me stand up and turn around and said they could tell, plus one lady said my butt definitely looked smaller.

I had been trying not to say anything about being on a diet or losing weight to see if anyone just noticed without my fishing for a compliment, but in the conversation I wanted to explain why I had avoided a discussion with the boss the day before--I was having a great DD and was afraid that if I got agitated I would eat too much!

So since I brought it up I thought they might have been just being "nice" and encouraging, but today my son's 15-year-old friend, whom I haven't seen since May (I re-started in June), stopped by and the first thing he said after "Hi!" was "Wow, you look great! Have you lost weight? You look like you've lost weight. You look really good!" I'm wearing a very unflattering ankle-length maxi-dress, so my face and maybe my arms must look a little thinner. Unless it's just the tan I've gotten since I last saw him.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #1011
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 170+/157/130
Start Date: July 2014
NSV: My jeans aren't giving me a muffin top anymore!
sugarfreepopsicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #1012
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beadelia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post

JayLynn: How long did it take you to reach this point? I started Atkins Monday, and so far I think about food all the time, mainly to plan my meals and shop, but I do have visions of Danish pastry.

Kissa and Piratejenny: Dirt?
Beadelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #1013
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 41 pounds down (with LC IF), 102 more to lose.
Start Date: March 16th 2014 reset:12/1/14
Beadelia - I went ahead and bought a box of the atkins meal replacement treat bars. It's definitely helped me to stay on track and I've been under 1200 cals every day except for today. hth..

I ordered a pair of 2x yoga pants - my first pants since pregnancy #4.
The 2x pair of pants FITS great!

Also, my swimsuit - the one that in March I couldn't pull up past my belly? Was tight two months ago, but fit? Yesterday it went on and up without so much as a wiggle needed from me.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #1014
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
Not actual dirt....diatomaceous earth...little tiny fossils!

Silica supplementation (diatomaceous earth)
Old 07-27-2014, 09:07 AM   #1015
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadelia View Post
JayLynn: How long did it take you to reach this point? I started Atkins Monday, and so far I think about food all the time, mainly to plan my meals and shop, but I do have visions of Danish pastry.

I've been VLC for about two and a half weeks now. Just noticed it in the last couple days. I am starting to add in a few more vegetable carbs. There's a thread of people who do Atkins Induction throughout their whole WLM and beyond but there is no way I would, or want to, stick to under 10 carbs per day for months on end.

Other than thinking about the food, how are you feeling?
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #1016
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I realized I have another NSV which is very profound for me. I don't binge any more. I don't really overeat. I have a bunch of ice cream and other treats in my kitchen and I don't get that overwhelming urge to numb out on them anymore. Now, I'm not a saint. I still think, "Do I really need that extra <whatever>?" and sometimes I still eat it even when I know I'm not at all hungry. But most of the time, I don't, and it's not a big deal. It's just....normal

Seriously, I feel like crying with joy about this. I've used food all my life. USED it to repress, replace or reinvent my feelings. Used it to shove down all the pain, the lack of love, the anxiety. And now I feel free. I think a big part of it is that since I left my marriage, I've been becoming so..peaceful...and working on who I really am, and learning that I am enough. Just me. I don't need to seek anyone else to validate me. Somewhere in there, along with the wonderful freedom of JUDDDING, the need to eat my feelings, and the belief that I am worth my own love and respect, has bloomed. What a gift.
Alcestis - I have to chime in with all the others to say what a beautiful, poetic and heart-warming post this is.

There's a saying something like - "If you want to save the world, just save yourself." So I think when we read how you're healing yourself with self-love and self-care, it spills over on us, warms us, and vibrational heals us too. You did such an excellent job expressing your feelings. Love it.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Thank you, Heather. Your beautiful words brought tears to my eyes. I've never heard that saying before, but it fits so perfectly with the path I'm on that it gave me chills. I'm not looking to save the world, but I am looking to transform pain into service and support for others, somehow. It's amazing that transformation goes hand in hand with self-care, one day at a time
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:23 AM   #1018

Quote:
Yesterday I was talking to 3 women at work and mentioned I was doing an "every other day" plan, and had lost 12lbs. They made me stand up and turn around and said they could tell, plus one lady said my butt definitely looked smaller.

I had been trying not to say anything about being on a diet or losing weight to see if anyone just noticed without my fishing for a compliment, but in the conversation I wanted to explain why I had avoided a discussion with the boss the day before--I was having a great DD and was afraid that if I got agitated I would eat too much!

So since I brought it up I thought they might have been just being "nice" and encouraging, but today my son's 15-year-old friend, whom I haven't seen since May (I re-started in June), stopped by and the first thing he said after "Hi!" was "Wow, you look great! Have you lost weight? You look like you've lost weight. You look really good!" I'm wearing a very unflattering ankle-length maxi-dress, so my face and maybe my arms must look a little thinner. Unless it's just the tan I've gotten since I last saw him.
Don't doubt that your efforts are showing! Especially since what 15 year old boy says things like that for any reason other than it's true?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Beadelia - I went ahead and bought a box of the atkins meal replacement treat bars. It's definitely helped me to stay on track and I've been under 1200 cals every day except for today. hth..

I ordered a pair of 2x yoga pants - my first pants since pregnancy #4.
The 2x pair of pants FITS great!

Also, my swimsuit - the one that in March I couldn't pull up past my belly? Was tight two months ago, but fit? Yesterday it went on and up without so much as a wiggle needed from me.
Wonderful Kati!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Thank you, Heather. Your beautiful words brought tears to my eyes. I've never heard that saying before, but it fits so perfectly with the path I'm on that it gave me chills. I'm not looking to save the world, but I am looking to transform pain into service and support for others, somehow. It's amazing that transformation goes hand in hand with self-care, one day at a time
Such a lovely thing!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:51 AM   #1019
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Wow! lots of great NSVs! Very inspirational, everyone. Congratulations!

I have one. (Kati, it's similar to yours.) Over the weekend my kids and grand kids were here. We spent a lot of time in the pool. I put on my regular bathing suit and was wearing it for a while when I noticed it was sagging and bagging everywhere.

Took a pool break and when I looked in the mirror I thought oh my! This is getting on the verge of indecent exposure because it was hanging down everywhere.

I looked for a smaller one that I didn't even dare try on because I was sure it would still be too tight.

It fit! Perfectly! Woooo-Hooooo!!! And I was sopping wet from being in the pool. I've lost 21 pounds now since my JUDDD re-start of January 1st. Slow loss because of all my travel and other breaks, but it really does make a difference!

Now I'm looking forward to my next smallest swim suit. It's my all time favorite, though I do have even smaller ones I bought hoping to shrink into them in 2012. They still have the tags on as I never did get there. But now I think I might be in even the smallest by next summer.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-31-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #1020
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UtahDesert
Stats: 170?/121/120
WOE: JUDDD/IE
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I like the victories that involved changed relationships with food best, although the swimsuit ones are great too! Great job, everyone!

Here's my latest: I've been jeans-focused since I started losing weight, and yesterday was my first chance to go shopping in the US after spending nearly three months in Poland (during which time I lost an additional 16-17 pounds). My husband and I stopped at the outlet stores just off the interstate on our way to visit family for a few days. I headed straight to the jeans at the Lucky store, and took a size 4 and a size 6 to the dressing room. Turns out I could fit a few fingers in the waistband of the size 4s, so I came out and asked the saleslady what she thought. Definitely size down, she warned me, given the stretch in jeans nowadays. So I ended up with a couple pair of Lucky Brand Lola Straights in size 2. (In another style I fit into size 0, but that one didn't work so well for me.) They're soft and comfy, although I have a little bit of muffin top. (At this point, until I replace some fat with muscle, I think any jeans that fit snugly at the waist are going to create muffin top on me. There's more work to be done.)

But I'm hoping that 1) I can manage the maintenance challenge and 2) the muscle-toning I plan on doing won't change my jeans-sizing significantly--so that I can wear these jeans out. That's a good goal, isn't? To be able to come back here in a couple of years and report that I finally had to toss those jeans I bought at the end of July 2014 since they were in rags? Fingers crossed.
UtahDesert is online now   Reply With Quote