Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I am SO grateful for this thread.
Minor revelation and significant NSV:
This week, for the first time, I wondered how much of this woe is actually difficult for me.
Yes, at the beginning every day was challenging.
But now, if I'm honest, I can narrow it down to two points.
One is the hour after my first meal on an UD. I always want to keep eating then. It's head hunger (thanks to Leo for her recent thoughts on this), but it feels like a tsunami. The moment I give in to this my day is in big trouble. Then my week is in trouble.

The second point is any time I am really unsteady emotionally - a lousy film audition is a perfect example. (Why not a lousy theatre audition? Why not a writing rejection? No idea. Never said any of this made sense.) In this case, the urge to stuff my gob comes quickly and fiercely. This doesn't happen too often.
I don't think there's much I can do about the second one yet. I've tried approximately 5,000 strategies and it's possible that I'll continue to learn from this one for a while.
But the first one is fascinating. It amounts to one hour every two days. I'll bet 80% of my derailing/UUAD episodes start with this one hour. That's only 3.5 key hours per week!
(Excuse the opus.)
So. Now I plan my UD by mapping out my first meal and planning the following hour with heaps of fantastic self-care: a bath, buying tickets to HotDocs (a film festival), painting my toenails, meditating, listening to music I love and rarely get time for, etc., etc.
And it's working.
I have always totally admired those of you who can experiment without being flung out of this sane, sensible Juddd atmosphere and back into wild overeating. (Such is my history.)
I feel as though I've just done my first successful experiment.
Hope it serves.
Your revelation w/ regard to that hour after first breaking the fast is eye opening for me! Thank you for posting about it.
I've never auditioned for a film, but will be looking forward to your learning process incase I am ever afforded that opportunity! (Perhaps the film version of 'Old Mother Hubbard'. LOL
I just love you, Joyjoy!
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by where's_kyla? View Post
I fling myself out too, joyjoy...that's a good way to put it. I dont just skip lightly out of it... I fling myself.

I have been struggling lately to come up with a NSV as a way for me to keep myself positive, not just to stick something in here.

So I think one can be...

that I am more proud of myself lately than ashamed of myself or feeling guilty.

that even though I am now used to the 15lb loss, I can still feel ok in the mirror instead of avoid it with panic.

that I have about 20lbs to go instead of 35.

that I am slowly acquiring the odd garment of clothing back, not because it is way looser or I am down a million sizes, but because I don't mind how I look in it anymore.

So I guess those are small but I will take them.
I do not find these accomplishments/victories to be small at all!
blessings, dearheart!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynts View Post
A small win. Just got back from Las Vegas from a 4 day break with my daughter. I did not go off the deep end once! I saw some fabulous foods and for the first time in a long time-was able to enjoy visually and just walk away. Buffets helped me eat what I was allowed.
It feels good to have resisted.
WoW!
I am so very proud for you!!! Amazing! I am not the strong.............YET!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #664
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
My NSV is just that last evening I did some back-of-my-closet diving. I really tried on a bunch of clothes. Two pairs of new size 14 pants fit me. One pair I got when we were at the Welk Resort in Escondido. They had a clearance rack and I couldn't pass them up because they were so cute/nice, even though I couldn't get them up over my hips! That was last November. Now they look nice!!

The other pair is teal colored jean capris with bling on the back pockets and zippers on the lower legs. My BFF bought them for me for my birthday last year. I have never even tried them on before last night because they are a size 14 and I knew by looking at them they wouldn't come near fitting.

Finally got the nerve. They are too tight to actually wear anywhere and they give me a classic muffin top. But now I have hope I will be in them comfortably in a month or two.

My favorite summer denim shorts fit, but in 2012 they were baggy and I could pull them down without unbuttoning or unzipping. (I love it when THAT happens). But now they look too tight. They don't feels bad. They just look tighter than I like them to be. At least I have a bit of time before summer arrives to work on having them comfortably loose.
Wonderful to find "new" things to wear! And you're on such a good track, all that stuff is going to fit comfortably very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKS View Post
I love reading all these NSV's! I had my own this week. My 10-year life insurance policy expired this month so I had to get another physical, etc. for the new policy. For the first time, I qualified for the standard rate! Yay! When I got the policy 10 years ago I weighed about 65 lbs. more than I do now - so I guess that's kind of a scale victory too - LOL.
Ooh, that's a good one! Saving money and being slimmer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyBee View Post
So I lost a half inch from hips and waist, upper arms and calf!

No scale ATM but if its not just a water loss I am happy with that!

I feel like its working.
This IS working! Wonderful news!

Quote:
I've only been measuring bust-waist-hips and have not seen a reduction in a while. However, as I've said in the past, we have all kinds of "nooks and crannies" and I'll bet if I had been measuring places like under my arms and around my thighs, there would be a reduction on the tape measure.

I wore a pair of black pants to church on Sunday that were completely tight, tight, tight, everywhere, all over several months ago. I stopped wearing them because they looked like a second skin!!

On Sunday DH was walking behind me in the parking lot and he said "those pants are really baggy in the butt!" I knew it when I put them on. The rear and thigh area were nice and baggy and comfy. The waist was still just right, though, so I thought they looked good. I wore shoes with a higher heel than I usually wear and the pants were longer. They covered the heels. That's another way I can tell I'm losing in the thigh area.
Droopy drawers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Super NSV's for everyone.

I know my eye prescription changed for the better, but it wasn't attributed to anything. I now wonder if it wasn't a JUDDD side effect.
I just love this one! Who would've though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett46 View Post
I have RLS (restless legs syndrome). Sometimes pretty minor, sometimes almost unbearable every day, all day, for weeks or months. I have wondered if there was some sort of seasonal pattern... And that still may be the case. But I have not taken my RLS medicine for several months and have not noticed a change. Never occurred to me that JUDDD might have something to do with it, but I suppose it just might be possible! I keep a log, just asi do with my migraines, do we'll see if there is any pattern... So a possible NSV.
It very well could be, Scarlett. How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Hello, friends!!
Yam Yam, I did some closet (and cedar chest) diving myself.
I had a 115 calorie dd yesterday so was really expecting a bigger loss on the scale this morning. Today I am only down .2 from my lowest.
I am NOT upset, though............because I spent a lot of time yesterday trying on clothes I haven't even looked at in over 3.5 years.
I ended up packing away for donation all my 18s pants, several tops/sweatshirts, and 2 lovely jackets. They are too big to wear and I am not going back (!) so will be sending them off to my favorite charity. There is a group here in town where I do some volunteer work that supports young single moms. I am so happy to have items to donate vs. my small monthly cash donation.
I did 2 loads of laundry w/ the clothes I am able to wear and even IRONED! I have 8 'new' tops and 4 'new' pairs of jeans. I feel like Queen for a Day!! After my shower today it was so fun to pick out what to wear! No sweats for me!!
I would have never been able to make this post without the support of my JBs. This small victory belongs to all of us!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Pat, you pretty much have a brand new wardrobe - no small thing there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I am SO grateful for this thread.
Minor revelation and significant NSV:
This week, for the first time, I wondered how much of this woe is actually difficult for me.
Yes, at the beginning every day was challenging.
But now, if I'm honest, I can narrow it down to two points.
One is the hour after my first meal on an UD. I always want to keep eating then. It's head hunger (thanks to Leo for her recent thoughts on this), but it feels like a tsunami. The moment I give in to this my day is in big trouble. Then my week is in trouble.

The second point is any time I am really unsteady emotionally - a lousy film audition is a perfect example. (Why not a lousy theatre audition? Why not a writing rejection? No idea. Never said any of this made sense.) In this case, the urge to stuff my gob comes quickly and fiercely. This doesn't happen too often.
I don't think there's much I can do about the second one yet. I've tried approximately 5,000 strategies and it's possible that I'll continue to learn from this one for a while.
But the first one is fascinating. It amounts to one hour every two days. I'll bet 80% of my derailing/UUAD episodes start with this one hour. That's only 3.5 key hours per week!
(Excuse the opus.)
So. Now I plan my UD by mapping out my first meal and planning the following hour with heaps of fantastic self-care: a bath, buying tickets to HotDocs (a film festival), painting my toenails, meditating, listening to music I love and rarely get time for, etc., etc.
And it's working.
I have always totally admired those of you who can experiment without being flung out of this sane, sensible Juddd atmosphere and back into wild overeating. (Such is my history.)
I feel as though I've just done my first successful experiment.
Hope it serves.
Wow, Kristin! That is quite a revelation, and good for you for spending the time to figure it out. You've inspired me to try to do the same. I'm so impressed!

Quote:
ooooh! ooooo! ooooh!!! (raising hand)

Before I read....

I just realized I, yes I have a real NSV!

Had my cholesterol tested yesterday and it dropped 14 points since Feb. 4th!!

OK, back to catching up on reading.....
Yesssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynts View Post
A small win. Just got back from Las Vegas from a 4 day break with my daughter. I did not go off the deep end once! I saw some fabulous foods and for the first time in a long time-was able to enjoy visually and just walk away. Buffets helped me eat what I was allowed.
It feels good to have resisted.
That is so big! Good for you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #665
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
I was able to get my hematocrit level up with a liquid iron supplement so I was able to donate plasma again. It is really hard managing all the fat/protein/carbs/calories/micronutrients as well as donating plasma and eating back the protein they take from you, and still manage my weight loss. But I'm doing it!
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Wonderful NSV's everyone. This is what makes this group so special. As I have said before, I don't know why EVERYONE doesn't give it a try!

I think these posts help us all keep a bit more on track if we are thinking of trying something else when we stall. The little victories are what add up to HUGE victories down the road. It doesn't happen overnight, but the changing of size does occur.

You are ALL wonderful.

Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #667
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
These are all awesome, amazing NSVs!!!
So happy for all my JUDDD Buds!!!!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #668
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I wore my brand new charcoal gray dress pants, size 14, to church this morning! those are the ones I bought on a sales rack in Escondido last year for $10. Even though there was no way they would come close to fitting then (couldn't even pull them up past my thighs) they fit beautifully today and I am amazed and so dang happy!

Just glad I "found" them in my closet, tags still on, before I blow by that size and wouldn't get to wear them. I love them. They are so awesome!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #669
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki View Post
I was able to get my hematocrit level up with a liquid iron supplement so I was able to donate plasma again. It is really hard managing all the fat/protein/carbs/calories/micronutrients as well as donating plasma and eating back the protein they take from you, and still manage my weight loss. But I'm doing it!
That is a lot to accomplish at one time, nikki! You ARE doing it!

Quote:
I wore my brand new charcoal gray dress pants, size 14, to church this morning! those are the ones I bought on a sales rack in Escondido last year for $10. Even though there was no way they would come close to fitting then (couldn't even pull them up past my thighs) they fit beautifully today and I am amazed and so dang happy!

Just glad I "found" them in my closet, tags still on, before I blow by that size and wouldn't get to wear them. I love them. They are so awesome!
How cool, Yam! I'll bet you look fabuloso!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #670
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sexy lady!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

YAY!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #672

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
We were in Yosemite yesterday and decided to do the short hike to Bridalveil falls (it's really short). Anyway, out of the blue, we all decided to jog back down the trail. Who are we??
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:58 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We were in Yosemite yesterday and decided to do the short hike to Bridalveil falls (it's really short). Anyway, out of the blue, we all decided to jog back down the trail. Who are we??
Healthy happy people?
hugs
Old 03-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #674
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Light on your feet! What a great feeling!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
What fun, Dawn! Was it a beautiful day there? I love it there in the Spring.....
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
My goal for the weekend was no sugar. I did it!
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #677

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
What fun, Dawn! Was it a beautiful day there? I love it there in the Spring.....
Gorgeous. We saw plenty of deer, but sadly didn't see any bears or mountain lions!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #678

Great NSVs, sugar free weekends, trail jogging. Lovely.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #679
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Gorgeous. We saw plenty of deer, but sadly didn't see any bears or mountain lions!
I thought the bears and mountain lions was what caused the jogging, but no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCoast View Post
My goal for the weekend was no sugar. I did it!
Great job! Avoiding sugar is no small feat!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #680
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Wow, such wonderful NSV's folks! Shopping in your closet, running for the hell of it , and demonstrating fantastic willpower (no sugar!).
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 AM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
My JB's are flipping fantastic. So proud of everyone.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
I've started noticing I have a waist again! I looked up (googled): "where is natural waist," and I'm realizing it's coming back. I didn't see it for so long and was measuring mine where my belt goes instead of where it really is!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:57 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Today I went to the grocery store bakery to order some coconut pecan cookies for our mechanic. It's a DD and I figured I'm safe since I'm picking them up tomorrow. I've ordered them before and the woman knows they're my absolute favorite. She excitedly told me they had some of the last batch left over and held out the box for me to take one. I tried to think fast what to do since I didn't want to eat it. I took one and thanked her. So there it was in my hand ... I put it in my basket, brought it home, and put it away for my husband. Victory indeed!
Old 03-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #684
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
I've started noticing I have a waist again! I looked up (googled): "where is natural waist," and I'm realizing it's coming back. I didn't see it for so long and was measuring mine where my belt goes instead of where it really is!
Beautiful! Shapely lady!

Quote:
Today I went to the grocery store bakery to order some coconut pecan cookies for our mechanic. It's a DD and I figured I'm safe since I'm picking them up tomorrow. I've ordered them before and the woman knows they're my absolute favorite. She excitedly told me they had some of the last batch left over and held out the box for me to take one. I tried to think fast what to do since I didn't want to eat it. I took one and thanked her. So there it was in my hand ... I put it in my basket, brought it home, and put it away for my husband. Victory indeed!
Great job! That's a tough one, but you proved you want better health and weight more than you wanted that cookie!
Old 03-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #685

Wonderful control CC.

As always loving this thread.

My slightly tight stunning red jeans are no longer slightly tight! The pants don't lie.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #686
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Wonderful self-control, Carolina.

Cindy, I bet you look smoking hot in your red jeans! They wouldn't lie!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys.

Wish I had the confidence to wear red jeans.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Quote:
Thanks guys.

Wish I had the confidence to wear red jeans.
I have a pair of red skinny jeans in the "skinny box" calling my name. But I can't fit into them for another 25 pounds.

Soon.
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Red skinny jeans, oh my!!!! Good for you, Kissa!!!!

I'm doing good with regular ole blue jeans & black or navy pants. LOL!

Wow, Carolina!!! I fear I would have eaten the cookie and called it good for my down day. :blush: hehe! You're awesome!!!

Dawn, I bet that felt so fabulous! I wish my knees would let me do that! I WANT to, at least.

joy your whole post was beautiful. I'm so happy for you!

shirl oooh, finding your waist sounds fabulous! I've decided I am a square. It bites! I'm happy for YOU, though, girl!!

Last edited by Flutter; 03-26-2014 at 06:59 PM..
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:13 AM   #690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I have some ancient red jeans that are now wearable again, and a new pair of red skinny jeans that I haven’t worn yet. In truth skinny jeans don’t really suit me, but it’s nice to have the choice.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote