Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Thanks to all of you for posting your NSV's, it is such a wonderful reminder of how great this WOEing is!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/134/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post
Same here Ailuros! I was just thinking today of all the years I have spent subscribing to one WOE or another. Vegetarian then vegan then LC then paleo. All bringing different struggles and different benefits. Depending on which I was into that day, I would shun all others, deeming them wrong.

It is so unbelievably freeing to eat what I want, when I want. My DD's are LC/HF for the satiety it provides me, but other than that, I set no rules. Today I am enjoying a veg day. My next UD I might fancy a heavy meat meal. Who knows. And that is truly wonderful. I am finding JUDDD to be a beautiful way of life and eating.

It seems odd that I used to be so carb phobic, while now, I'm still watching them closely, but not getting hung up anymore!

Last edited by shirlc; 02-26-2014 at 06:44 AM..
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wanttolose70
Stats: 163/139/125
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
I know it's been mentioned many times. but i just wanted to reiterate it has shaped the way i look and think about food. I can sit all day surrounded by food (literally) since my office is stocked full of oreos and cookies and sugar and i am surrounded by the JUDDD calm and don't even feel tempted on DD's. It's great.
wanttolose70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #514
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Rizzo76
Stats: 188/182/140
Start Date: 19Feb2014
One surprising benefit for me (and this is only one week in) has been that this WOE appears to eliminate my chronic and painful acid reflux. Usually, the only thing that works to get me off the antacids is cutting my carbs way down, but with this plan I've been eating quite a lot of carbs on UDs and still not having reflux. I'm wondering whether giving my stomach a break with the 16-hour fast on a DD is helping to 'reset' the acid production to normal levels... either way, it's a huge relief not to feel that constant burning sensation!
Rizzo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:29 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Such wonderful NSVs! JUDDD may look odd from the outside, but from the inside it sure feels great.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Slimming-up
Stats: 180/134/135 5'7"
WOE: Maintenence - 5:2 (as of 3/1/14)
Start Date: 7/7/13 - JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttolose70 View Post
I know it's been mentioned many times. but i just wanted to reiterate it has shaped the way i look and think about food. I can sit all day surrounded by food (literally) since my office is stocked full of oreos and cookies and sugar and i am surrounded by the JUDDD calm and don't even feel tempted on DD's. It's great.
Now THAT is a good state of mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo76 View Post
One surprising benefit for me (and this is only one week in) has been that this WOE appears to eliminate my chronic and painful acid reflux. Usually, the only thing that works to get me off the antacids is cutting my carbs way down, but with this plan I've been eating quite a lot of carbs on UDs and still not having reflux. I'm wondering whether giving my stomach a break with the 16-hour fast on a DD is helping to 'reset' the acid production to normal levels... either way, it's a huge relief not to feel that constant burning sensation!
That is huge. I wonder how many others have had this benefit? So much better than the drug alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Such wonderful NSVs! JUDDD may look odd from the outside, but from the inside it sure feels great.
I like this!
Slimming-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrie jayne
Start Date: January 2014
Quote:
One surprising benefit for me (and this is only one week in) has been that this WOE appears to eliminate my chronic and painful acid reflux. . . I'm wondering whether giving my stomach a break with the 16-hour fast on a DD is helping to 'reset' the acid production to normal
My acid reflux got much worse. I doubled my medication, did an internet search on what not to eat, added more protein, and voila - it's much better. I think (and hope) you're right about DDs resetting acid production. Thanks for posting this.
carrie jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Something is changing in me. I can't get a handle on it enough to be able to describe it.
That will come.
I just know that something is changing. I lost really quickly during the first 10 days. Since then I am 188 after a DD and 188.6 after an UP. This has been consistent for a whole week.
I haven't had a rabid need to adjust anything or panic.
I just keep doing the rotations and trusting.
I (absofrickinglutely) have not had binge urges for 6 full days. NONE. I have no burning desire to go get ice cream or mac n cheese or................(just fill in the blank).
I am not sure why I am calm about this right now.
I am keeping in mind that I have had several weeks of very few outside my home obligations and that I may face some issues when I have to begin interacting more w/ others and eating situations. I am calm about that, too.
I am 66 yrs old. This has never happened to me before. Ever. Even during the years I stayed at my 'fighting weight' it was always panic and white knuckle. Always.
Could it be possible that in my later years I will for the first time be able to be peaceful with my body and food? At age 12 I was aware of being too big. I've carried that story with me and been at war with myself ever since.
Could it be?
I am prayerfully thankful for the Grace that lead me back here and for the JBs who post here and give me hope.
Amen.
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:43 AM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
Something is changing in me. I can't get a handle on it enough to be able to describe it.
That will come.
I just know that something is changing. I lost really quickly during the first 10 days. Since then I am 188 after a DD and 188.6 after an UP. This has been consistent for a whole week.
I (absofrickinglutely) have not had binge urges for 6 full days. NONE. I have no burning desire to go get ice cream or mac n cheese or................(just fill in the blank).
I am keeping in mind that I have had several weeks of very few outside my home obligations and that I may face some issues when I have to begin interacting more w/ others and eating situations. I am calm about that, too.
I am 66 yrs old. This has never happened to me before. Ever. Even during the years I stayed at my 'fighting weight' it was always panic and white knuckle. Always.
Could it be possible that in my later years I will for the first time be able to be peaceful with my body and food? At age 12 I was aware of being too big. I've carried that story with me and been at war with myself ever since.
Could it be?

I am prayerfully thankful for the Grace that lead me back here and for the JBs who post here and give me hope.
Amen.
YES IT CAN!!! I know exactly what you mean, and for me, Juddd has indeed allowed that peaceful feeling and confidence that you can live this way indefinitely. XO

RE: GERD issues. I have had this since I was 16yo. I'm still on nexium & zantac, but the GERD is certainly much improved. I'm happy to hear others are feeling a lot of relief!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Green
Stats: no scale unless doing PHD
WOE: HDE, Potatoes as needed
Start Date: May 2014
My waist has gone from 32" to 30" since I started JUDDD almost a month ago.
YAYYYYY.
Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green View Post
YAYYYYY.
Wow!
That is just great! I bet your clothes feel SO much more comfortable!
Old 02-27-2014, 10:36 AM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
YAYYYYY.
Awesome NSV! Congrats!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Huge NSV! Wonderful!

Quote:
That will come.
Could it be?
Amen.
Hmmmmmmm.... could it be that JUDDD calm? The JUDDD magic setting in? I know there are some who are skeptical about the "Rescue Gene", SIRT1. But I'm a big believer in it after searching all over the Internet and reading books and studies. I think JUDDD may well be labeled the "Happy Diet".

Reading Frosty's thread reminded me that there are a lot of diet boards full of judgemental, critical, unhappy people.

Why is it that the JUDDD forum is full of positive, supportive, non-judgemental, forgiving posts?

I think part of it is the flexibility and success of this woe. But, also, I sincerely believe there is a basic change at the cellular level that is happening.

Recent articles I've read about sirtuin activation are featuring studies about improvements in cognitive function and even prevention of dementia and related neurological diseases.

Seems like better cognitive function means better outlook on life.

Just sayin'!! I'm a believer.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 02-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

Me, too, Yamster!
Just think how new I am to this.
I can only imagine what may be to come.
I am so excited about the possibilities.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Quote:
That will come.
Could it be?
Amen.

Pat, this was so heart-warming to read today.

I feel the same way Yam does about this. I'm not going to over-think it........just be grateful I found it when I did.

I truly do feel blessed because of it.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Just think how new I am to this.
I can only imagine what may be to come.
I am so excited about the possibilities.
It's so good to read of your positive early experience of JUDDD - long may it continue up until and beyond when you become a maintainer.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, SS.
I love reading your posts.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #528
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love coming here to read. After 10 days away it is a joy to see everyones successes, both physical and mental.

I have an NSV relating to the JUDDD calm too. It seems Ailuros started a trend, but I came here with the intention of posting this.

So, 9 days on a cruise ship around the Norwegian coast. Wonderful. 10 days of buffets of glorious food and evenings with a set 3 course dinner. I was on vacation and I was not rotating. I ate just what I wanted.

2 slices of toast in the morning, a boiled egg on a couple of occasions.

Lunch of smoked salmon or cold meats of sometimes a mixture, salads (dressed) and some good bread. One scoop of ice cream one day, some fresh pineapple on a couple.

Dinner, whatever we were served, including the puddings.

Not once did I worry about the calories or carbs. I was eating like a normal person. Me. Yes, at 66, the miracle can happen.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:14 PM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa,
What a wonderful report!
Joy
Joy
Joy
So happy for you!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Kissa, loved reading your NSV! Wouldn't it be a tragedy to have missed all that lovely food or felt guilty every time you took a bite? We can be free from that nonsense now. Hallelujah! (that's me singing the Hallelujah Chorus!!)
Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Cruising victory!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:03 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
WB svelt little Kissa!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014

These are as wonderful today as they were for me when I was a lurker.
Thanks.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #534

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
I’m enjoying feeling really relaxed about food. I have a couple of days a week when I “diet.” It’s not a fuss, just eat very little, mainly protein. The rest of the time, I eat what I want. We went out for lunch today, and I ordered a walnut & honey tart at the end. It came with a huge dollop of cream and a shortbread biscuit that I didn’t eat just because I didn’t want them. I wasn’t agonising over calories or carbs. It just feels very liberating!
I think with JUDDD we can get so much closer to feeling "normal" about food than any other WOE I've tried. This is lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainardt View Post
Same here Ailuros! I was just thinking today of all the years I have spent subscribing to one WOE or another. Vegetarian then vegan then LC then paleo. All bringing different struggles and different benefits. Depending on which I was into that day, I would shun all others, deeming them wrong.

It is so unbelievably freeing to eat what I want, when I want. My DD's are LC/HF for the satiety it provides me, but other than that, I set no rules. Today I am enjoying a veg day. My next UD I might fancy a heavy meat meal. Who knows. And that is truly wonderful. I am finding JUDDD to be a beautiful way of life and eating.
Freeing and healing. No rules. So wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post

It seems odd that I used to be so carb phobic, while now, I'm still watching them closely, but not getting hung up anymore!
More freeing feelings! Gosh, what a well-adjusted group we are becoming!

Quote:
JUDDD calm is a wonderful thing. It's not an emergency when you know you can have anything you want....tomorrow.

Quote:
This is great! There's so much healing that goes on with JUDDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie jayne View Post
My acid reflux got much worse. I doubled my medication, did an internet search on what not to eat, added more protein, and voila - it's much better. I think (and hope) you're right about DDs resetting acid production. Thanks for posting this.
Oh, CJ, I'm sorry to hear that! But you've figured out a solution and made it work for you!

Quote:
That will come.
Could it be?
Amen.
Pat, you always put things like this so eloquently. I'm so glad you can feel this all happening. And that you're back with us!

Quote:
YAYYYYY.
Woo Hoooooo! Wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I love coming here to read. After 10 days away it is a joy to see everyones successes, both physical and mental.

I have an NSV relating to the JUDDD calm too. It seems Ailuros started a trend, but I came here with the intention of posting this.

So, 9 days on a cruise ship around the Norwegian coast. Wonderful. 10 days of buffets of glorious food and evenings with a set 3 course dinner. I was on vacation and I was not rotating. I ate just what I wanted.

2 slices of toast in the morning, a boiled egg on a couple of occasions.

Lunch of smoked salmon or cold meats of sometimes a mixture, salads (dressed) and some good bread. One scoop of ice cream one day, some fresh pineapple on a couple.

Dinner, whatever we were served, including the puddings.

Not once did I worry about the calories or carbs. I was eating like a normal person. Me. Yes, at 66, the miracle can happen.
So inspiring, Cindy! To be able to live the wonderful, active life you have and not have to stress about food and eating all the time. Absolutely miraculous!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: where's_kyla?
Stats: 208/not sure, think im down about 20/175 - 5'10"
WOE: atkins
Start Date: Jan. 11, 2014
Im slowly staring to gain more clothing from my own closet...a tee shirt that doesnt look too bad, a pair of jeans that are "good enough", not too tight, etc. More underwear from the back of my drawer... lol
where's_kyla? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by where's_kyla? View Post
Im slowly staring to gain more clothing from my own closet...a tee shirt that doesnt look too bad, a pair of jeans that are "good enough", not too tight, etc. More underwear from the back of my drawer... lol
God, is there anything more beautiful than underwear and jeans getting looser?
So happy for you.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #537
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emmapeel12
Stats: 149/146/120; 5'2"; 60 yo
WOE: JUDDD/LCHF/Calorie Counting
(Re Planet Fitness): And little tootsie roll candies at reception!

Last edited by emmapeel12; 03-02-2014 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: Quote lost
emmapeel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #538

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Not my NSV, but DH's. We were at Costco yesterday and he found some Lucky jeans. The most recent jeans he bought were size 38, so he grabbed a pair of the Lucky's in 38. The price was FANTASTIC! So he got home and tried them on. The waist is perfect, but they're a tiny bit baggy everywhere else! (Before his surgery, he was in size 58 jeans.)
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #539

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
WTG Mr Dawn.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #540
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Not my NSV, but DH's. We were at Costco yesterday and he found some Lucky jeans. The most recent jeans he bought were size 38, so he grabbed a pair of the Lucky's in 38. The price was FANTASTIC! So he got home and tried them on. The waist is perfect, but they're a tiny bit baggy everywhere else! (Before his surgery, he was in size 58 jeans.)
Wowzers! So awesome! Give KeirasDad a big from the JBs!!!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-02-2014 at 03:07 PM..